Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

I finally got my copy of MAF and its pretty fun. The EX missions are insane, especially the one where I was attacked by 10 or more glavils at once. So far I've found myself using Max's VF-22 and Nora's SV-51 the most, cant beat missile spam on 1 enemy and then a super attack that kills everyone in a 2 mile radius.

Ohh? So they don't have the VF-0A? That's a bit of a rip, although Roy 0S is still the main choice.

Sad how we can't use the Ghost X-9, especially how you can go up against it, so why not let people fly it.

And totally sucks, no FP's for the 19 and 21! no no no!

And no Reactive VF-0S?

Yep! i'm deffinently in for the sequel. :D

Just one more to unlock (think it's 7 era), then I'll have a complete set. I've gotten S/SS on all but the most vaguely goaled & super challenging levels, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before I have hte stat limiter gone.

The more I play this game, the more I love it, I wasn't sure how it would stack against GBU, but I think I'm staritng to like it more. There's also so much extra potential for the sequel.

-Post refit Macross

-VT-1

-VE-1

-VEFR Funny Chinese

-Cheyenne

-HWR-00-Mk.I Monster

-VF-0A

-VF-0A with Ghost Booster

-VF-0D

-AFOS

-Rogue Power Armor from Plus

-VB-6 Konig Monster

-VA-3

-VF-9

-VF-14

-VF-4

-VT-1C

-VF-22S (Gamlin Colors)

-YF-19 w/Fast Pack

-YF-21 w/Fast Pack

-VF-19F

-VF-19S

-VF-19F w/Fast Pack

-VF-17 w/Fast Pack

-VF-17 Kai

-VF-19P

-VF-11C Armored

-VF-11D Jamming Birds

-VF-1 Angel Birds

-Any Varuta mecha they may have missed

-Netter Valgo

-Ghost X-9

-QF3000 Ghost

-Quadran Rau Emilia Custom

-Quadran Rau Chlore Custom

-VF-25G Sound Booster 2 seater varient

-VF-25F/G/S w/ Fast Packs

-Armored VF-25 F/S

-VF-2JA

-VF-2SS

-VF-XX Zentradi Valkyrie

-Metal Siren

-Variouis Macross II Destroids

-Weird Macross II Battle Pod, Gilgamesh, etc

-Macross Cannon ship

-Battle 7

-Gigil

-Sivil (and why not rhe rest of the Protodevelin)

-Hikaru's Bicycle

-Hikaru's Fan Racer

-Focker's Dragon II

-Minmay's Fanliner-Battle Galaxy

And damnit, why not the Orguss Valkyrie too!

Especially want to see Hikaru's Bicycle! :p I'll lay some smack downs against Breetai foolin around with my woman! :lol: BMX STYLE!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I just got my copy in today, played SDF Macross for a few minutes. That camera angle is a bitch...so I diffenetly need to change it, along with the controls. They're simple to use really, but still a pain.

The unit I want to see most in a sequel is Ozma's VF-25S with Armored Pack.

Graham

I can't tell you how annoying it is to see a freaking armored or super valk during the wait screen and it not be in the game...

Oh well, I'm sure they will be in MAF2, which I'm sure they'll make.

Damn, im still missing acouple of unlock characters >.<

Finally saw the Extra mission list and started going down the line.

I was actually using the VF1D got B's on the 1st two mission but then that squadron scramble mission i was getting my butt handed to me lol, but i really almost got to the end of that mission with the simple VF1D

then i started looking at what VF i could use, Saw the VF25S and starting building up its stats and with that i got 3xA's 3xS's and 2xSS's ranks :D

The first weapon really rocks on it, helps with the little annoying enemies then just pile on the missiles for the other guys :D

***BTW

the save file at the end of everystoryline end mission, Is a reply of that mission. When you go to gallery you can see it and take pics!

:D

Edited by punkr13

I just unlocked the Vajra queen by playing through the co-op free-play missions, for some strange reason, I've found it easy to S the big ship missions, but the pilot missions are giving me trouble. Also figured out how to co-op play through the in game mission (duh), just hit to the left or right on the crosspad when the co-op missions are listed....can't believe it took me that long to figure out.

Quite enjoying the game. Playing the VF-17D. A bit disappointed that the designers made the same mistake as with VF-X2 in that they made the VF-17's gunpod a beam weapon, insted of a 7 barreled 30mm.

Err... Maybe the VF-17's gunpod already has the beam adapter installed by default? :wacko:

I just unlocked the Vajra queen by playing through the co-op free-play missions, for some strange reason, I've found it easy to S the big ship missions, but the pilot missions are giving me trouble. Also figured out how to co-op play through the in game mission (duh), just hit to the left or right on the crosspad when the co-op missions are listed....can't believe it took me that long to figure out.

Pics please... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Is it me, or does Ranka look absolutely nuts in some of her loading screen images? Seriously, she looks straight up psychotic in some of them...

Only four more levels to S-rank...

Edit: Almost ready to post a save file. I only need help with the following levels (to get S rank).

Macross - 14 (didn't count the EX version of the one mission when I counted mission #'s)

Macross Plus - Done, S ranked all

Macross 7 - Done, S ranked all

Macross Frontier - Done, S ranked all

Also, is there any way to change my pilot's name?

Edited by protostar8

I'm curious where the info that the VF-17 has a non-beam gun pod comes from?

I just spent the past few minutes scanning through various Macross books, and none of them mention that it is, or is not a beam gun pod. All that it is referred to is as a "Gattling gun pod".

Furthermore, one of the latest issues of Macross Chronicle states that all gun pods are 30 to 57 mm and have 3 to 6 barrels (VF tech sheet 1B) - the VF-17's gun pod having 7 barrels; a typo or something else? The same article also states that gun pods see a greater variation (or amount of change/possibility) from the VF-11 onwards, and mentions the VF-17 being able to use a beam cannon.

Given the picture that is included, it's obviously referring to the large bore gun added to the end of the gun pod at one point in M7. But isn't it thought provoking that only the VF-17's gun pod has this capability? Implying that the gattling beam gun nature of the VF-17's gun pod powers the beam cannon adaptor.

Quite enjoying the game. Playing the VF-17D. A bit disappointed that the designers made the same mistake as with VF-X2 in that they made the VF-17's gunpod a beam weapon, insted of a 7 barreled 30mm.

Graham

Err... Maybe the VF-17's gunpod already has the beam adapter installed by default? :wacko:
Edited by sketchley

The VF-17's gunpod has 7 barrels. This is clearly shown in Kawamori's lineart.

I'm pretty certain, I've previously seen reference to it being 30mm caliber, but checking through the usual source books just now, I was unable to find mention of the caliber.

When the VF-17's gunpod is shown being fired in the anime, it is clearly a conventional shell firing gattling type gunpod, not a beam weapon.

As mentioned, it does have the ability to eject the standard ammuntion magazine and fit a single shot high power beam gun adaptor in place of the standard magazine.

My theory, is that this adaptor is purely a battery and the actual beam weapon is built into the gunpod. I think the two red prongs at the top and bottom of the muzzle may be the actual beam emitters.

So basically, I think the gunpod is designed as a standard shell firing gattling type gunpod with perhaps a higher rate of fire than the VF-11's gun pod, hence 7 barrels versus 6. However, the VF-17's gunpod also has a high power beam gun built in, but this can only be fired when the standard shell magazine is removed and the beam gun battery is fitted.

Graham

Just tried playing as the Macross and as Battle Frontier...freaking awesome! I love firing the Macross Cannons/Cannon. It's really cool that they let you aim them while firing.

Still working on those three missions mentioned in my last post. Got A's on all of them, just need S ranks to have S or SS on every mission (minus the password missions that haven't come out yet).

Edited by protostar8

I've been playing with Battle Frontier, slow as all hell with stock levels, but it's quite badass w hen you level it up. The Macross Cannon on it is absolute murder. It's almost unfair to have such a powerful beam be so easily moved around the map, but I love it. Now I want Battle 7 with the cannon in hand even more, as well as a more nimble Macross Quarter, I can easily see the Quarter dominating with its combination of firepower, speed, & size.

Also, the VF-25's need their meelee animations to include the little beam knive's. Though I love that the YF-19, YF-21, VF-19 Kai, and VF-171's all have PPBP as their meelee's.

I'll see about recording a replay & take some snaps of the Vajra Queen in a few, though I haven't levelled her up at all. Undoubtably the next game will include Grace with Super Queen.

Strange, she shows up in the mecha gallery right inbetween the Large Vajra & VF-0S, but doesn' actually appear in my selectable mecha roster. Maybe I have to use the Small/Large Vajra a few times first.

Edited by Keith

I've heard about something about "limiters" in the game, anyone know about these?

The limited caps off the amount of tune points you can assign to any given mecha/weapon stat. Once you finish all era regular/enemy missions (don't have to finish the Ex ones), any mecha you've reached the cap on (filled up to available max) and used 10 times in battle will have its limiter removed. This means any extra tune points you've earned, or will earn from that point, can now be applied until each bar reaches the end of the chart.

Also, the VF-25's need their meelee animations to include the little beam knive's. Though I love that the YF-19, YF-21, VF-19 Kai, and VF-171's all have PPBP as their meelee's.

Ya' mean the VF-25s' don't use their knives for melee combat? That's disappointing. :(

Oh, and how does one grapple? Seen it mentioned in the text, but no idea how to do it.

Graham

Ya' mean the VF-25s' don't use their knives for melee combat? That's disappointing. :(

Oh, and how does one grapple? Seen it mentioned in the text, but no idea how to do it.

Graham

Actually the VF-25S does show the knife being used in the melee attack. O Button.

The limited caps off the amount of tune points you can assign to any given mecha/weapon stat. Once you finish all era regular/enemy missions (don't have to finish the Ex ones), any mecha you've reached the cap on (filled up to available max) and used 10 times in battle will have its limiter removed. This means any extra tune points you've earned, or will earn from that point, can now be applied until each bar reaches the end of the chart.

Actually, I think you have to have S or higher on all levels as well. I have used the YF-21 way more than 10 times and I have an S rank on all but 0 mission and I can't go past the tune limit.

Edit: Decreasing the number of S ranks I lack...I'm done! And when I finished, it unlocked the upper limits...

I'm gonna hold off a little while longer on posting a save file. I'm gonna get my pilot up to 99999 pilot points so I can have all the pilot skills unlocked.

And again, does anyone know of a way to change the pilot's name?

And something else weird. I have S rank or higher on ALL levels, but in my VF list under the Record section. I still have a question mark on one fighter. It is below the FZ-109F, to the left of the VF-171, and above the VF-171EX. Any idea what this is or how to unlock it? I've also yet to unlock the Vajra Queen...

Edited by protostar8