Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

While a bit off topic, only one day after buying my PSP and I've already converted all 25 episodes of the Lunar Subs .avi version of Macross Frontier to MP4 format and uploaded them to my PSP, so I can now watch Frontier on the move. Also uploaded the two Frontier OSTs.

My PSP is a lean mean Frontier machine! :D

Graham

Here is more translations now http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=45872008 the apuse menu as well as the frre play rule select and mission select options are listed.

Here I cleaned it up for you guys (credit to the gamefaqs.com users who are doing this they are to numerous to list at the moment and constantly a new guy updates the previous guys psotings so its getting confusing who said what)

Press "SELECT" on the name input screen for the Character switches to an English keypad

EX Mission Passwords From Famitsu magazine is : LAMGV

Start Menu from the Hangar:

- Back to era select -> First menu ask you if you want to exit -> Second menu ask you if you want to save

- Control option

- Load

- Save

- Network mode

- Return to top menu

Controls:

Move: D-Pad

Double Tap D-Pad: Left or Right quick side rolls, Down airbrake, Forward dash in battloid mode

Boost: X

X Twice: while in battloid or gerwalk in the air for quick descent

Main Weapon: Square

Sub Weapon: Circle

Melee/Roll: Triangle

Lock-on/Switch Target: R

L+R: Remove Lock-on

Guard/Direct Towards Target: L

Select + D-Pad: Tells partner to correspond to what the bottom part of the screen says.

Fighter Mode: Up on Analog

Gerwalk Mode: Left or Right on Analog

Battroid Mode: Down on Analog

L+ Triangle: Charge Attack Melee (uses 1 block on SP Gauge)

L+ Circle: Charged Special Weapon (uses 1 block on SP Gauge)

L+ X: High Boost (uses 1 block on SP Gauge)

L + Square = Switch Sub Weapon

L+ Triangle + Circle: Special attack with partner (need 6 blocks SP gauge)

Triangle + O: Special Attack (effect depends on the unit) (uses 3 blocks on SP Gauge)

Square + X: Special Skill aka Pilot Skill (equipped in Hangar) (uses SP Gauge based on skill description)

Circle + Triangle: Mech Special

SPL tells you how many simultaneous lock-on’s you can have with missile type weapons - primarily the MISSILE M weapon. MISSILE M, un-tuned, has SPL of 9 meaning you can lock on to 9 different targets (or if there are less than 9 different targets, you can lock on multiple missiles to one target)

Multiple lock on is achieved by holding CIRCLE.

MISSILE R has infinite SPL, meaning just hold down CIRCLE to continually fire MISSILE R until your ammunition supply is exhausted.

GUN PODS are generally machine gun type weapons and thus have infinite SPL. However, there are some VF's, such as the YF21, with a GUN POD SPL of 6. This means the GUN POD is semi automatic, and each press of CIRCLE will fire off 6 shots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Mission Pause Menu:

1.-return to game

2.-change camera to 1st person

3.-activate/deactivate HUD

4.-leave mission

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free play - Rule Select:

Mode - Battle/VS or Team/Assist

Rule (Ru~ru?) - Free Battle (Each player has a certain no. of lives) or Senriki Battle( Each person has a certain amount of HP/power)

Rule Details: If you have selected Free Battle, then the default here would be "Infinite Respawns"; From default, left to right: Infinite Respawns, No respawn, 1,2,3~8 respawns etc.

If you have selected Senriki Battle (or w/e the proper translation is), then you can select the amount of HP each player has (I haven't tried this mode yet, but I assume the numbers are referring to the HP). The default here is 600, and goes up by 100 increments from 100 to 1000, then from there, it increases by 1000 up to 3000.

Battle Timer: Set time limit for the battle, default is 3 minutes. (1~5, 10, 15, 20 min settings)

Song Select: On or Off.

Large Mechs: On or Off for allowing the use of large sized mechs.

Chiyu~n: Something about a 'chiyu~n barameta', default is LIMIT, followed by On or Off options. (Chiyu~n Barameta = Tune parameter. ?)

SP: On or Off. Self-explanatory.

Skills (Sukiru): On or Off. This one's for skills.

Mech Forms: Here you can set a limit on the form used in battle. Default is ALL, followed by Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid.

Mission Select:

Random

Wasteland/Ruins/Outback

Snowfield

Valley

Ocean/Sea

Island

Sky/Troposphere/Stratosphere

Not sure about this one

Urban/City, Skytower - another city stage

Inside the Macross Ship

Inside of the Vajra Battleship

Comet/Meteor

Space

Space - near Earth

Another Space stage

Macross 7 Space

Space - Near Jupiter

Space - Near a burning star

Not sure what to call this one - "enclosed area"?

Press Triangle for details for the map, and Square to change the BGM.

>In the BGM select window: Circle to confirm, Triangle to play the song.

On the right side of the screen, in the 'Information' window:

Picture of the stage/level/map, Song name

Weather, and under weather: Time of Day

Next to weather and ToD: Time Limit

Next to Time Limit: Level

Under those: small description of the map.

If you see writings in brackets ( ) in the description area, then that means you can't use large-sized mechs on that map.

UPGRADE MENUS

>Mechanic

First Tab:

HP: (Health Points, duh)

Range Defense: (Defense against ranged attacks) [Direct-translation: Shooting Defense]

Melee Defense: (Defense against melee attacks)

Mobility(?): (Increases the mech's speed)

Thruster: (Increases the thruster's duration)

Barasosa...?: (Enhances the mech's balance)

Rotation: (Increases the mech's rotation speed)

Radar: (Increases the effective range of the radar)

2nd Tab [Main Weapon] ----> 3rd, 4th and 5th [sub Weapons]:

Power: (Increases the weapon's power)

Accuracy: (Increases the weapon's accuracy/aim)

Rapid/Multi-fire: (Increases the maximum number of shots of multi-fire weapons)

Range: (Improves the weapon's effective range)

Speed: (Increases the speed of bullet/shot/weapon/fire, w/e you wanna call it)

Reload: (Shortens the time it takes to reload)

Ammo: (Increases the number of ammos)

Last Tab [Melee]:

Power: (Increases the attack power)

Accuracy: (Increases the weapon's accuracy/aim)

>Pilot

Stamina

Shooting

Melee/Grapple

Defense

Speed

Focus/Concentration (?)

Awakening

>Pilot Special Skills:

1st Row:

Rolling Plus: Can roll up to 3 times in fighter mode

Steel Wall: 2x Defense strength, will not wobble/knock back being attacked

Thousand Mile Eye: Can lock on to all enemies on the map

Taunt: Enemy attack strength 2x, pilot experience 2x

Dash Plus: Can continuous dash one more time

Chaff: redirect missiles locked onto you

2nd Row:

Repair: Repairs self and friendly plane in vicinity by 1/5th

Anima Spiritia: Friendly unit all skills 1.5x

Drop Missile: Intercepts incoming missiles. *Some units cannot use

Awakening: Reload all weapons, decrease period between attacks, become invincible

Unlimited Boost: Stops increase of boost gauge

Grapple Descendant/DNA: Grapple attack power 3x, cannot guard

3rd Row:

Love, Do you remember: Decrease strength of Zentran weapons and units carrying Zentraedi. Strengths other weapons

Circus Flying: Can fly with units that have no flight capability

Shock Guard: Repels enemy grapple attacks when guarded

My Friends: Friendly unit all skills 1.25x

Ace: Attack strength, Speed and Boost amount 1.5x

Reflection: Reflect beam type attacks. Nullify ballistic type attacks

4th Row:

Bombardment King: 1.5x ammo

Absorb Spiritia: Fire ray that absorbs enemy HP (if it hits)

Temptation of Sharon (Apple): Switch all enemy units' up/down and left/right control

Hayase: Attack strength 3x, defense strength 1/2

Last Supper: Deal large damage to surrounding enemies

Max World: Stop enemy unit movement

>Color Edit

Default, Set 1, Set 2, Set 3 (left and right, press [ ] to go into color edit)

On the right:

Color 1 - Shoulders and head, could differ from mech to mech. (not completely sure)

Color 2 - This one's for the mech's body.

Color 3 - The 'eyes', or w/e you want to call them.

Edited by Sorata

PS: The intro movie shows mecha from Macross Zero but there is no visible Macross Zero campaign in the game, so i think is either a bonus unlockable mechas or campaign....unless they removed it again. <_<

I believe it was said they are only in free play mode.

Anyone else encountered a bug on the SDF1 level of the Macross Plus path?

Both times I've played the level the control goes wonky and the inputs act oppositely as they should, pressing left makes me turn right, up makes me go up, etc. It's fixed easily enough my transforming, but it seems like a weird thing to have happen twice.

Anyone else encountered a bug on the SDF1 level of the Macross Plus path?

Both times I've played the level the control goes wonky and the inputs act oppositely as they should, pressing left makes me turn right, up makes me go up, etc. It's fixed easily enough my transforming, but it seems like a weird thing to have happen twice.

I think it has something to do with Sharon Apple. There is even a pilot skill that makes that happen to enemies. So I believe it's just part of the stage and trying to recreate the "disorientation" Sharon makes people feel.

What's the Stealth Wing Experiment?

It was from some model magazine. You can check out the mecha here by clicking "Super Dimension Fortress Macross: VF Experiment" under variations.

The intro movie shows mecha from Macross Zero but there is no visible Macross Zero campaign in the game, so i think is either a bonus unlockable mechas or campaign....unless they removed it again.

They're there. They just stuck them in the EX missions that open up after you finish all four campaigns.

Really no Armored or Super Packs for the VF-25 in the game?

Can't be 100% sure. I'm still missing some mecha.

Here's the list, with ???? where I'm still missing a mecha.

Tomahawk

Defender

Phalanx

Spartan

Monster

????

VF-1D

VF-1A

VF-1A(Max Jenius)

????

VF-1J (Hikaru Ichijou)

VF-1J (Max Jenius)

VF-1J (Miria Farina Jenius)

VF-1J Armored (Hikaru Ichijou)

VF-1S (Roy Focker)

VF-1S Super (Hikaru Ichijou)

VF-1S Super (Roy Focker)

Regult

Glaug

Nosjadeul-Ger

Queadluun-Rau

Queadluun-Rau (Miria Farina)

????

Zentradi Soldier

????

????

VF-11B

YF-19

YF-21

VF-11C

VF-17D

VF-17S

VF-17S (Miria Farina Jenius)

????

VF-22S (Miria Farina Jenius)

Mylene Valkyrie

Fire Valkyrie

FZ-109A

FZ-109F

????

????

VF-171

????

VF-25F

VF-25S

VF-25G

RVF-25

????

Queadluun-Rea

Queadluun-Rea (Klan Klan)

????

Vajra (Small)

Vajra (Large)

????

SV-51α

????

SV-51γ (DD Ivanov)

If they're grouped by series, I have no idea what the first one is, second one is probably VF-1A (Hayao Kakizaki), then a Queadluun-Rau (Max Jenius). Not sure about the next two before the VF-11B. In the Macross 7 bunch, you're looking at probably a VF-22S (Max Jenius), AZ-130, and an FBz-99. I'm guessing the rest are the VF-171EX, VF-27, VF-25S Armored, VF-0S, and SV-51γ (Nora Polansky).

If I'm right, we're missing the VF-0A and VF-0D, Armored VF-11, Armored VF-0S, the VF-19F, VF-19S, the Jammingbirds' VF-11, Roy and Veffidas' VF-17, Gamlin's VF-22, the VF-5000, the VA-3, the VB-6, all three DYRL Skull Squadron VF-1As, Max's VF-1S, any and all VF-25 Supers just to cover the ones that were actually in an anime.

Edited by mikeszekely

Currently trying to beat the First Contact level in the SDF Macross path, and its easily the worst level I've played thus far in the game.

Super strong unarmored Zentradi who throw tons of grenades that knock you over.

Indoors levels made inherently more difficult by twitchy control and lock-on that stays on dead enemies for too long.

And the best part is Britai continually spamming his melee attack and flying through the air like a wu-xia warrior knocking my Valkyrie to the ground.

Triangle + O: Special Attack (effect depends on the unit) (uses 3 blocks on SP Gauge)

Circle + Triangle: Mech Special

Oh dear. The button order matters as well? What is the difference between these two special attacks?

In some stages you have to kill the bosses with a special attack. For some reason L + ^ + O doesn't count in the ranking tally. I guess using the non-L versions is what counts?

According to some Japanese site, these are the mecha I'm missing. I haven't confirmed it, I don't read enough Japanese to know if this is a valid source or not, so take it with a grain of salt...

VF-1A Super (Hikaru Ichijou)

Queadluun-Rau (Max Jenius)

Golgantz-Chartz

Vritlwhai

SDF-1

VF-22 (Max Jenius)

Grabil

Gepernitch

VF-171EX

Battle Frontier

VF-0S

SV-51γ (Nora Polanski)

I have no idea how to get any of them. Some of them probably require S-ranks.

If this is true, then, as far as I'm concerned, any and all of the following should be in the sequel:

VF-1A Super (Max DYRL)

VF-1S Super (Max Jenius)

VEFR-1

Destroid Cheyenne

VF-0A

VF-0D

VF-0S Armored

VF-11C Armored

VF-22 (Diamond Force)

VF-25F Super

VF-25S Armored

VF-25G Super

RVF-25 Super

VB-6

VF-4

VF-3000

VF-5000B (Spacy version)

VF-5000G (Zola Version)

VF-19F

VF-19S

VF-9

VF-14

Variable Glaug

Battle 7

Destroid Cheyenne II

Macross Quarter

Battle Galaxy

Vajra Queen

AZ-130

FBz-99

Oh dear. The button order matters as well? What is the difference between these two special attacks?

In some stages you have to kill the bosses with a special attack. For some reason L + ^ + O doesn't count in the ranking tally. I guess using the non-L versions is what counts?

No its the same thing it was a typo from condensing so much info from various postings.

Copy arrived from Play-Asia, w00t!

Anyone figured out the COST value when selecting VF's? Tuning affects the numbers.

[edit]

Anything about the (love) triangle/heart meter with the partner and navigator?

Pilot stats- any detailed info on them and how it affects the game?

Anyone on KAI? xtag is deimos_

(yeah, my first post in MW) ;)

Edited by runab0ut

Starting playing the Macross 7 missions last night after working my way through all the tutorials.

Only had time for the first mission, and only scored a 'B'. Guess I gotta try harder.

I noticed that the model for teh VF-11C Super has a mistake, as the tail fins are in the out position, instead of being folded inside the legs like they should be when the FAST packs are fitted.

Cool game so far, but I'm still upset there is no Super or Armoured VF-25.

Graham

Starting playing the Macross 7 missions last night after working my way through all the tutorials.

Only had time for the first mission, and only scored a 'B'. Guess I gotta try harder.

I noticed that the model for teh VF-11C Super has a mistake, as the tail fins are in the out position, instead of being folded inside the legs like they should be when the FAST packs are fitted.

Cool game so far, but I'm still upset there is no Super or Armoured VF-25.

Graham

Don't beat yourself up, Graham. I'm going back with Michel's VF-25G, almost maxed on tuning, and trying to improve my scores. I'm still getting B's on some missions. I'm killing enemies as fast as I can and taking little to no damage, too, so I don't know...

Some missions (but not all) seem to have extra missions if you get an S-Rank. So far, the only one I've seen was, if you beat the mission "Longest Birthday" with an S, you unlock the same mission, but with an EX in front of it. If you play that one, a pilot and Valkyrie are selected for you (in this case, VF-1A and Kakizaki). When I beat that mission, I unlocked Hikaru's DYRL VF-1A with FAST packs.

Currently trying to beat the First Contact level in the SDF Macross path, and its easily the worst level I've played thus far in the game.

Super strong unarmored Zentradi who throw tons of grenades that knock you over.

Indoors levels made inherently more difficult by twitchy control and lock-on that stays on dead enemies for too long.

And the best part is Britai continually spamming his melee attack and flying through the air like a wu-xia warrior knocking my Valkyrie to the ground.

Oh, that level was a *****. The way I ended up beating it was to pick a fighter that had a melee special attack for the 3sp bar special and went into gerwalk mode, flew to the ceiling and just flew circles around him shooting him with the rifle. It would only hit a few times per clip and wouldn't take off too much health, but it worked well enough for me to get him down to about half HP and then I used the special melee attack 2 times in a row to kill him...

man i didnt know so many lvls were on just the macross part of the game..

after you beat it as a good guy, try the bad guy lvls :D

theirs one fight where u have to go against rick,max,ben :D *takeout ben quick! lol*

I actually got a SS rank being a regult hehe

theirs one fight where u have to go against rick,max,ben :D *takeout ben quick! lol*

:ph34r: Better hide from the purists! :D

Wow and I thought my A rank was great. Hehe Guess I better try harder.

No sign of the VT-1 yet?

I don't think it's in the game.

Do you suppose picking weaker units will net you a better score? I've been flying the VF-25G, and I'm sick of all the B's I'm getting. The only SS I got so far was in a plain cannon fodder VF-1A.

:ph34r: Better hide from the purists! :D

Wow and I thought my A rank was great. Hehe Guess I better try harder.

I don't think it's in the game.

Do you suppose picking weaker units will net you a better score? I've been flying the VF-25G, and I'm sick of all the B's I'm getting. The only SS I got so far was in a plain cannon fodder VF-1A.

*lol ya i was gonna type in the jp names but those are shorter :p hehe

now for the SS rank, I just giving them a beatdown after figuring how to control the reg :D

And ive gotten like 2 S ranks with the basic trainer VF too, so idk if picking the weaker unit helps... wouldnt think so but who knows...

I think a lot of us have either formed an opinion through playing the game, or reading others' opinions in this forum. But, if anyone cares, I've written a review which can be read here. (You don't have to register or sign up for anything to leave a comment, so please give me a shout if you do read it.)

I'm on the last Frontier Ex mission that unlocks the VF-27. It's so damn hard. You have to use Michael and his VF-25G to fight waves of vajra that do like 5x normal damage, then after that you fight Brera. I've made it to Brera twice and it's damn near impossible to do anything with the VF-25G :( If only I could bring the SDF-1, it's main cannon is so strong.

Edited by Mellow Yellow