sv-51

arrow

I got the SV-51 (the reissue) and on my SECOND transformation to Battroid, this happened:

It's not even a joint! The bar holding the two halves of the thigh snapped and they broke apart. No idea how this happened, I put no pressure anywhere near it.

Has there been any issues like this before? Graham?

Since it's not a joint, I just superglued it together. I'm gonna leave it to dry now. Sigh..... <_<

The exact same thing happened to mine, just got it about 2 days ago. First transformation the left side fell apart. Luckily a few dabs of carefully placed super glue and its good as new. Still annoying as all get out....

so between the cannon fodder and the ivanov,

does the cannon fodder have less qc issues?

this really bugs me. is there any easy

way to tell if an ivanov is a v.1, v.2 or

a v.3? went to a store which was selling

the ivanov for a considerably lower price

compared to others. however, the store

said that it doesn't come with a stand

which got me thinking if this is new or

MIB. why would they sell it without stands?

i really like the ivanov but to be on the

safe side, is it better to get the CF?

don't like the paint scheme of the nora.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anything to indicate if an Ivanov is a v.2? I mean are there serial numbers on the box or plane or a sticker or manufacture date to know what ver/release it belongs to?

not that i'm aware of? but you could always ask the seller.

he should know if hes had it sitting around for months since the 1st release or if he reordered it and its a new shipment.

honestly, i got a good reissue but from what i'm reading here, i'd just skip the ivaonv all together and just get the CF.

why take the chance of getting a bad one(especially if you get stuck with the 1st release) when you know theres a perfectly good version out there.

Yeah, you do have point there. There's an abundance of the Nora here. Based on what I've read on this thread, the best bet would be the Nora. I'm just not too sold on the color scheme.

haha, you ain't the only one.

i HATE the nora scheme. *pukes*

its looks like a 1st grade fingerpainting project gone bad.

you could always wait for another release?

i'm sure yamato isn't done milking he molds.

just wishful thinking but perhaps they'll make that bronze one that miriya(i think it was him?) photoshopped eariler this week, that thing was looking sweet! B))

I ended up getting an Ivanov.

Wow! The matte black color makes him look more sinister and sleeker.

Yeah, I did have a problem with the port-side wing joint but nothing a basic tightening technique can't fix. No regrets on getting this one!

• 3 weeks later...
I was browsing around some links which eventually let me to this page:

http://macrossf.com/mechanic/mecha16.html

It seems like the VF-27 is going to resemble a remold of a Nora SV-51....

It reminds me a bit more of Milia, than Nora. If it had a flashier paint scheme with gold accents then it may be more like Nora (bling, bling).

I was browsing around some links which eventually let me to this page:

http://macrossf.com/mechanic/mecha16.html

It seems like the VF-27 is going to resemble a reMOLD of a Nora SV-51....

It reminds me a bit more of Milia, than Nora. If it had a flashier paint scheme with gold accents then it may be more like Nora (bling, bling).

He's talking about the actual fighter itself, not the color scheme

Edited by Necron_99

• 1 month later...

is there a difference in the SV51 nora type I've seen listed on some sites that say "die cast" it technically just looks like the one I see elsewhere but they sort of advertise it as if its different? :huh: any clue/help?

is there a difference in the SV51 nora type I've seen listed on some sites that say "die cast" it technically just looks like the one I see elsewhere but they sort of advertise it as if its different? :huh: any clue/help?

no, there's a little "die cast" in the hips. Other than that there's no metal.

I recently got myself the CF, it was a bit floppy, particularly the right wing tab that refuses to sit flush on the right arm slot. But ever since I put it in gerwalk with all the boosters, missiles and whatnot, it looks so awesomely cool that I finally left it in that mode for display. I love what they give for the price tag though. it really felt like money well spent.

don't forget the screws!

toynami factored them into the diecast content of their VF-1 MPCs.

haha, they're so sad. :lol:

Right you are! And how can i forget the metal slider/locks in the wings and the metal hinge pins. :lol:

There's a few other places where I think they should have used metal, like in the shoulder/wing area. so many little plastic pieces taking so much stress.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to transforming my Nora SV-51.

Thanks to peoplesdru for those GREAT youtube transformation guides!

The Battroid is so f'n menacing on the display stand with wings folded outward.

yyayy! So which is your fav mode for Nora then? One of the main reasons i wanted to get DD's is that black looks better for fighter mode.

My Nora looks badass in Battroid mode.

My fav is fighter, I haven't even transformed it yet. Not sure that I will either. I may try gerwalk some day, battroid is not my favorite from the pics I have seen. It might grow on me, the pointy head is what kills it for me...

I finally got around to transforming my Nora SV-51.

Thanks to peoplesdru for those GREAT youtube transformation guides!

The Battroid is so f'n menacing on the display stand with wings folded outward.

Hi UN Spacy. Can the sv-51 Nora stand in battroid mode without the display stand?

Im planning to buy either the sv-51 or the yf-21 this saturday.

Hi UN Spacy. Can the sv-51 Nora stand in battroid mode without the display stand?

Yeah.

Nora stands just fine without the display stand.

It's a bit hard to get action poses with the SV-51's long legs.

I have Ivanov v.1, Nora and the Production Version and they all stand fine!!!

Even Ivanov's SV-51 is not a floppy mess as described, just the wings sag a little, only when fully loaded ;)

which sv-51 is the best to get? the one with the no problems.

I like the ivanov color the best, but i'll just get the one with the best quality control&improvements.

was the manufacturing order- ivanov, nora then the tan?

Once you get the Nora in your hands and then display it with the others the color is great. I love my Nora, it really draws your eye to it when sitting on a shelf full of Valks. I'm pretty sure all the QC issues were taken care of on her too.