Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

hmmm... I am thinking it is Alto running to find Sheryl. it is quite likely that klan will tell him about Sheryl's infection now that michel is gone - remember she wanted to tell Alto everything after Sheryl left them in the library in ep 18. I think that given her admonition to Alto in ep 20 that she would be highly disposed to force Alto's hand by breaking the silence about it.

i like that angle! :D

on the other hand, it could be just another emo act. running just to get away from all those deaths, like he did in ep2 when he remembered gilliam-juice.

i like that angle! :D

on the other hand, it could be just another emo act. running just to get away from all those deaths, like he did in ep2 when he remembered gilliam-juice.

when did he run away in ep 2? granted he did ditch the valk and ranka, but damn... she was safe, the valk's owners were going to be coming for it, and he had just been witness to something really really gruesome - it would leave most people with emotional scars and the need to retreat to deal with it. remember, Alto-hime isnt one to cower in fear from things when they are happening - he is actually a pretty quick thinking and decisive individual. dealing with the scars afterwards is his problem, and that is pretty normal. by the end of ep 2 he was demanding to fly a valk!

when did he run away in ep 2? granted he did ditch the valk and ranka, but damn... she was safe, the valk's owners were going to be coming for it, and he had just been witness to something really really gruesome - it would leave most people with emotional scars and the need to retreat to deal with it. remember, Alto-hime isnt one to cower in fear from things when they are happening - he is actually a pretty quick thinking and decisive individual. dealing with the scars afterwards is his problem, and that is pretty normal. by the end of ep 2 he was demanding to fly a valk!

"running to get away" being a figure of speech. as in, to "get away" from the memory, or the emotion, or whatever it is alto was feeling at that point. i do remember my episode 2, thank you very much. ^_^ wow, you thought i was implying alto was a coward, and that got to you huh? :p

"running to get away" being a figure of speech. as in, to "get away" from the memory, or the emotion, or whatever it is alto was feeling at that point. i do remember my episode 2, thank you very much. ^_^ wow, you thought i was implying alto was a coward, and that got to you huh? :p

lol I take my alto/sheryl shipping very seriously my friend ;)

Okay, okay...I know when I'm beaten.

"Ranka sucks."

Now, for the love of God and all that is holy, please let her go!

there 'ya go. nanase will be fine and dandy after a few episodes. ^_^

no warranties though on force majeure or acts of god...er, vajra ;)

Edited by Major Focker

I dunno...the Sheryl fanatics are beginning to scare me. I'll try not to make any sudden moves around you... ^_^

lol I am no fanatic... I just happen to like women with similar qualities to sheryl, so I project myself into alto a bit. one things for sure, if I were alto, the triangle would be done by now.

but then, Ive never had much luck with the ladies (at least not in terms of mutual attractions.... hate to say it, but I would have been more like Yang Neumann, as women generally ignore me or stick me into the inescapable 'friend' box.

Edited by Shaka_Z

lol I am no fanatic... I just happen to like women with similar qualities to sheryl, so I project myself into alto a bit. one things for sure, if I were alto, the triangle would be done by now.

but then, Ive never had much luck with the ladies (at least not in terms of mutual attractions.... hate to say it, but I would have been more like Yang Neumann, as women generally ignore me or stick me into the inescapable 'friend' box.

Welll...Yang really was reaching for the TRULY impossible coupling...I would imagine you have better odds than that. :D

4. leon was in conspiracy with bilrer against grace.

That would actually explain his call to Mr. Bilrer in the first episodes. Although, killing Cathys father in that case was a *bad move*, it put him squarely on the "Kill as soon and painfully as possible" list of Ozma. ^_^

well president glass did seem to be one of those incompetent politico types. the coup might be beneficial to frontier if the vajra didn't attack at the same time.

That may have been so, but that doesn´t make it easier on Leon from Cathy and Ozma. ^_^

well president glass did seem to be one of those incompetent politico types. the coup might be beneficial to frontier if the vajra didn't attack at the same time.

That makes Leon the dictator any better? As I've said before after SW-1 there wasn't any room anymore for dictator wannabees in Macross.

After the foul ups from 2045 to 2051 I suspect military power over civilians was greatly reduced.

Leon may be Glass' chief of staff but longs for the days when the military was dictating how civilians should live.

He's a megalomaniac. If NUNS Headquarters ever got wind of this insurrection they'd likely send the VFX Ravens to clean Leon's clock.

Maybe that is why Grace had also the closest NUNS detachment sucked via DE. Double purpose, attract the Vajra to Frontier and eliminate any potential meddlers like Ohgathwai.

Here’s my theories on the final 4-5 episodes of Frontier: -

•Ranka and Brera will find a Vajra colony or main base. Ranka will become their queen and decide to stay with the Vajra for good.

•She will mutate/change into some sort of half-human / half-Vajra.

•Being able to communicate with both human and Vajra, Ranka will realize that the whole conflict was a mistake and the two races will either (a) henceforth live in harmony, or (b), the Vajra and Ranka will disappear off to the center of the galaxy, never to be seen again, ala SDF-1, Shin & Sara.

•At some point Ranka will regain her full memory. She will realize that the attack on the 117th Research Fleet was in fact the Vajra trying to rescue her from Grace and Mao’s experiments.

•Ranka will end up curing Sheryl of her illness.

•Alto will either end up with Sheryl, or will die in a blaze of glory fighting against the Vajra, before Ranka negotiates a truce.

•Klan goes insane with grief and dies during a suicide attack on the Vajra during the peace negotiations.

•Ozma & Cathy will depose and probably kill Leon.

•Brera will turn against Grace and end up killing her and will die in the attempt.

•Luca will finnally hook up with Nanase.

Graham

Here’s my theories on the final 4-5 episodes of Frontier: -

•Ranka and Brera will find a Vajra colony or main base. Ranka will become their queen and decide to stay with the Vajra for good.

•She will mutate/change into some sort of half-human / half-Vajra.

•Being able to communicate with both human and Vajra, Ranka will realize that the whole conflict was a mistake and the two races will either (a) henceforth live in harmony, or (b), the Vajra and Ranka will disappear off to the center of the galaxy, never to be seen again, ala SDF-1, Shin & Sara.

•At some point Ranka will regain her full memory. She will realize that the attack on the 117th Research Fleet was in fact the Vajra trying to rescue her from Grace and Mao’s experiments.

•Ranka will end up curing Sheryl of her illness.

•Alto will either end up with Sheryl, or will die in a blaze of glory fighting against the Vajra, before Ranka negotiates a truce.

•Klan goes insane with grief and dies during a suicide attack on the Vajra during the peace negotiations.

•Ozma & Cathy will depose and probably kill Leon.

•Brera will turn against Grace and end up killing her and will die in the attempt.

•Luca will finnally hook up with Nanase.

Graham

You know... Everything you posted is very probable... However... I think that while those events may occur in the season finale... Still doesn't explain anything about Galaxy fleet...

I believe Grace will be destroyed only to be resurrected/uploaded again...

...this time in Galaxy fleet...

(Season 2 begins!!!)

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Now watching Lunar's subs, thinking that the destruction of Island-3 was intentional to force the Zentradi to miclonize ... and actually the intent is for Leon (And/or Grace) to use the Vajra as one of their pawns in their ultimate attempt to get rid of the Zentradi by reducing their advantage of size.

Galaxy is lacking in Zentradi according to what Sheryl said. Possibly intentional?

while I'm at it, editing this to throw in another idea.

"Northern Cross" is the name of the next episode, and the lyrics are a confession of sorts of love. Since MF tends to move characters forward at the same time incrementally, will this be the episode where Alto finally gets some desperately needed exposition (and maturing) as well as a declaration from Sheryl about her feelings?

Edited by s-girl

After having watched so may shows and movies (everything, not just anime) where the good guys figure everything out and rush to save the day. I would kinda like to see a ending in where Alto and company DON'T fully know whats going on and they only get to see if they made the right choices once its all over. Also looking forward to a dark ending, not black as in moonless night in a coal mine or anything like that, maybe something along the lines of The Empire Strikes Back.

And Graham as to

(b), the Vajra and Ranka will disappear off to the center of the galaxy, never to be seen again, ala SDF-1, Shin & Sara.

Does this mean that when Macross is all said and done the center of the galaxy is going to be one big BBQ pool party in space? If so then all I can say is... sweet!

After having watched so may shows and movies (everything, not just anime) where the good guys figure everything out and rush to save the day. I would kinda like to see a ending in where Alto and company DON'T fully know whats going on and they only get to see if they made the right choices once its all over. Also looking forward to a dark ending, not black as in moonless night in a coal mine or anything like that, maybe something along the lines of The Empire Strikes Back.

actually, the last episode was kinda like that. though some elements of pre-planning courtesy of leon and grace may have been involved, the other characters were basically just improvising and doing what they thought they could do to survive. in the end, the captain sums it up-- "but we may have sacrificed too much.."

i wouldn't mind a bit of open-endedness to MF, but hopefully not a begging-a-sequel ending like Iron Man (ok, maybe not too good an example, but you get the point), but rather more along the lines of 12 Monkeys. at least the triangle should be resolved and perhaps some revelations regarding the schemings, but the ultimate fate of Frontier may be left up in the air.

Major Focker I didn't mean to say that we should have no idea whats going on just that the characters should not have the whole big picture going into the end, and you're right about the last episode having that feel maybe that's what got me thinking about it.

If i were Alto i would have been working the girls into each other so we can have a menage a trois.

If i were Alto i would have been working the girls into each other so we can have a menage a trois.

I don't know if that would such a great idea, remember the little sing off those two had? As competitive as they seem to be Alto may not live to tell the tail. :lol: (and yes that one Futurama episode popped to mind you know the one, the whole 'death by Snoo-Snoo' thing)

I don't know if that would such a great idea, remember the little sing off those two had? As competitive as they seem to be Alto may not live to tell the tail. :lol: (and yes that one Futurama episode popped to mind you know the one, the whole 'death by Snoo-Snoo' thing)

:lol: so what would be the problem with that? quoting Zap Brannigan "what are you gay?"

i like the "if" idea ^_^

If i were Alto i would start ignoring both of them to see what happens... One would give up after a while probably...

i like the "if" idea ^_^

If i were Alto i would start ignoring both of them to see what happens... One would give up after a while probably...

would ignoring them just make them follow him more?