Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

Grace and the Galaxy Anonymious are out to turn the Frontier fleet into a Breeding ground for Vajra, for the purpose of harvesting Fold quartz from them. The events that led up to the battle in Ep 14 was for the purposes of having Frontier go all out and use up their trump cards at an early stage, rendering them defenseless against the Vajra in the long run. Grace and the others would then still be able to keep the Vajra in check by using Ranka's singing. Guess that's it for now :unsure:

Nobody's talked about the huge vajra nest that was shown towards the end of 17. I'm gonna say it's possible the nest is in the Research Center on Frontier, where Ozma was about to break into. Maybe they're not only harvesting fold quartz from the Vajra but also eggs for breeding and "domestication" (kinda like a Chicken Coop on a farm?). Before anyone says it, there's no proof that only Queens will produce eggs. The one nest in space Brera destroyed had had no signs of a Queen. It'd also explain how Ai-kun got onto Frontier.

There is no real proof that the Queen actually does anything besides communicate threw song. So would it be logical to assume that with Ranka's song it would eliminate the need? That is assuming they already are capable of producing eggs similar to any a-sexual species found on earth.

What is weird however is the state of the hatchery. Maybe I am just a retard, but it seems like you would want to put something as monumental as the Vajra (especially a Vajra Farm) in a more controllable environment that would make breeding and more importantly harvesting easier.

Also this may sound really off the wall, however I do believe it might pan out in the end. What makes a better fighting force than a fleet of controllable, grow-able, adaptable. giant beam shooting bugs? Because It would seem that with the 117th fleet they encountered them and studied them. They decide to make a control (ranka) but they lose control(probably because of some emotional instability) and it is believed dead. They try again with Sheryl, and it goes nice, not as good as the first one but whatever, they go with it. Then the original one shows up and works magically, so they decided to use her. Now that they know they have a reliable method of control, they decide to start breeding the vajra in the ships. The already established hive mind of the Vajra, and there continuous skirmishes with the S.M.S lead the batch grown on frontier to be bigger, stronger, and meaner. In the end what you have is a Control (ranka), and an army of grown super fighters who are resistant to most forms of weaponry, including the ace card of most fleets, reaction weaponry. Also the hive mind at the moment is probably fighting ranka (threw song) for control of the vajra, and as time goes on you could see a vajra army lead by ranka, with the proper shadowy figures controlling of course.

That's my theory in a nut shell.

Mark my words...

Ranka's little Vajira pet is coming into play soon... I think the little guy is going to become a lobster and its probably going to be one of those scenes where he tries to "rescue" her from NUNS/Vajira/Queen/Cyborgs etc only for Alto/Ozma to misunderstand its attempt at a rescue for hostilities

Mark my words...

Ranka's little Vajira pet is coming into play soon... I think the little guy is going to become a lobster and its probably going to be one of those scenes where he tries to "rescue" her from NUNS/Vajira/Queen/Cyborgs etc only for Alto/Ozma to misunderstand its attempt at a rescue for hostilities

While I agree that the weird thing is going to cause some major problems, I am outright confused by it. For one, it's freakin furry.

Two, it hatches from Xenomorph eggs.

Three, it showed up after a Vajra infiltrated the ship...

Hey, does anyone else notice the red ones bear a STRONG resemblance in head/chassis design to Eva 02?

Ranka is a Vajra half-breed of some kind.

Gah, I don't even know what I'm saying. Someone help me out, here.

Grace and the Galaxy Anonymious are out to turn the Frontier fleet into a Breeding ground for Vajra, for the purpose of harvesting Fold quartz from them. The events that led up to the battle in Ep 14 was for the purposes of having Frontier go all out and use up their trump cards at an early stage, rendering them defenseless against the Vajra in the long run. Grace and the others would then still be able to keep the Vajra in check by using Ranka's singing. Guess that's it for now :unsure:

I agree with this, but it may not be their ultimate goal, but just the first step... :wacko:

According to subs, Grace and Leon are more interested in what happens after Fold Quartz are harvested in the Vajra farms and Bilrer monopolizes Trans-Galactic instant travel...

I'm betting they both want total control of the Galaxy... Cyborg hive-mind control perhaps?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

While I agree that the weird thing is going to cause some major problems, I am outright confused by it. For one, it's freakin furry.

Two, it hatches from Xenomorph eggs.

Three, it showed up after a Vajra infiltrated the ship...

Hey, does anyone else notice the red ones bear a STRONG resemblance in head/chassis design to Eva 02?

Ranka is a Vajra half-breed of some kind.

Gah, I don't even know what I'm saying. Someone help me out, here.

Ranka's infected by the V-virus. It's the virus we see breifly in ep 14 that has microsized foldquartzes in 'em. It's what causes her to emit foldwaves whenever she sings, so it affects the Vajra directly. The phenomena is why Grace and the others call her Q1, the "little queen".

I agree with this, but it may not be their ultimate goal, but just the first step... :wacko:

According to subs, Grace and Leon are more interested in what happens after Fold Quartz are harvested in the Vajra farms and Bilrer monopolizes Trans-Galactic instant travel...

I'm betting they both want total control of the Galaxy... Cyborg hive-mind control perhaps?

Got the vibe that first step was "being essentially in control of the galaxy" which Grace retorted by saying that they're thinking about the step AFTER that. So could be anything really. In keeping with the EVA mentions, Human instrumentality project? :ph34r::p:angry::lol:

Got the vibe that first step was "being essentially in control of the galaxy" which Grace retorted by saying that they're thinking about the step AFTER that. So could be anything really. In keeping with the EVA mentions, Human instrumentality project? :ph34r::p:angry::lol:

This show has so many flavors of EVA it boggles my mind, Grace and mushroomhead's sinister plan sure looks like the human instrumentality project because frankly I can't see any good coming from the Vajra...

though I was thinking it is possible that the Vajra were peace loving till we bothered them or possibly are the creations of the people who made the zentraedi... I dunno, that stupid Vajrapuppy Ranka has worries me. It and all of its xenomorph-egg spawn cousins.

Sheryl is going to get a replacement earring and when she sings Aimo with Ranka they will drive the Vajra off and The Galaxy is going to get it.

I have another idea similar to your's Grace worked on a project with Dr. Mao Nome and Ranka's Mother Ranshe, what if the project was to call to the birdman. By creating Vajra to set up the path to destruction and knowing Ranka is a blood relation to Mao. But Ranka is unable to project the song of destruction alone (emotion meter), When Grace finds Sheryl in the streets they use her as the other peice of the puzzle to move the project forwards. With the proper situation Ranka and Sheryl are set to meet by "fate" and a proxy war (too much MGS4) is waged when those close enough to Sheryl and Ranka are hurt the two will sing Aimo (song of dispair retcon) and the Birdman will return. Only peice of the puzzle I haven't figured out is, if this is what Mao is trying to do, why?

Just my latest speculation based on ep 18.

Edited by Isamu Starkiller

I liked how we got a Zombie SDF :)

I stand by my theory about that sinister green thing turning into a lobster and killing tons of people.

LOL :)

Your post has me imagining a big SDF-1 slowly lumbering around a deserted planet with "deculcha, deculcha" slurred out through the loud speakers over and over :):lol:

You do realize he'd already seen episode 18 when he came up with that? :p

Oops, didn't notice, hehe... ^_^

Well... After watching the raw of Episode 18 I'm more and more convinced that Grace O'Connor has always been a cyborg. She was created in the 117th fleet in 2040. Her mind is the sum of different A.I. minds... Sharon Apple's included... She somehow managed to get into Dr. Mao's research team in 2047 and she caused the 117th/Vajra fiasco a year later...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

You know, I've been thinking lately and realized it would be an interesting twist if Grace turns out to actually have a good intentions but uses rather shady means to reach it.

O.k.... Let me see... She caused the war of Frontier vs the Vajra (that has killed lots of living beings on both sides)... Destroyed a Planet (Killing a whole Zentradi allied battalion in the process). It is also very possible she is the one who caused the attack on the 117th fleet (Killing Dr. Mao and Ranka's family among other 1000 ppl)... And she just broke Sheryl (In more than one way...).

No sir... I think is obvious by now that she is quite EVIL...

(Unless her plan implies the resurrection of all the lifeforms she's killed directly or indirectly in her quest, hehehe... I hardly doubt it...)

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

did ranka glow because of a massive data up load from the vajra got smoked by the macross cannon to the hive mind, or was she feeling the pain of those vajra?

Well, I believe both things must be related... The damage feedback data may very well be simple shared inter-species PAIN...

:rolleyes:

Inbit are from Mospeada, no HG bastardization necessary. They evolve, are hive creatures, and have a collective consciousness that relays information to each other. Now all we need is to have a human shaped Vajra (Ranka?) and that'll seal the deal.

Inbit are from Mospeada, no HG bastardization necessary. They evolve, are hive creatures, and have a collective consciousness that relays information to each other. Now all we need is to have a human shaped Vajra (Ranka?) and that'll seal the deal.

The guy interested in her has blue hair and is a pilot. :D

The Final battle of frontier is going to be frontier vs galaxy. galaxy will try to field a force of controled vajra but someone's singing will spoil that and then it will just be battle 25 and quarter vs the galaxy's conventional forces. alto will be saying "urraahhhhhhh" a lot.

Actually I believe Galaxy will start defeating Frontier. Suddenly, when all seems lost Ranka will unleash the full fury of the Vajra on them cyborgs... I can't wait to see Grace's face when all her plan turns to dust... :angry:

Priceless!!! ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I think it's obvious now that Sheryl has those same crystal critters in Ranka. (V-type)

The revelation that a Vajra's experience and feelings are collective.

Ranka can at some level feel it too. Especially their emotions.

I rewatched episode 7 when Ranka's belly glowed. Ranka at the time received Sheryl's emotions.

Sheryl's fold quartzs earring also reponded acting as a booster.

Thus when they sang they created a mini-collective of their own for a brief time.

Thus there would be a major plot twist!

It doesn't matter which one will get Alto as they will become one.

Either Ranka or Sheryl could die in the end but not before passing on their feelings to each other.

Think McCoy recieving Spock's Katra.

Edited by RedWolf

I think it's obvious now that Sheryl has those same crystal critters in Ranka. (V-type)

The revelation that a Vajra's experience and feelings are collective.

Ranka can at some level feel it too. Especially their emotions.

I rewatched episode 7 when Ranka's belly glowed. Ranka at the time received Sheryl's emotions.

Sheryl's fold quartzs earring also reponded acting as a booster.

Thus when they sang they created a mini-collective of their own for a brief time.

Thus there would be a major plot twist!

It doesn't matter which one will get Alto as they will become one.

Either Ranka or Sheryl could die in the end but not before passing on their feelings to each other.

Think McCoy recieving Spock's Katra.

Could this be what Grace wants? (In her own twisted unique way?) To transform humanity into a collective?

:ph34r:

Btw... I checked gg subs and yes, Sheryl has the V-type infection in her too. The witchcraft 639 pill supposedly was for stopping it from progressing any further... Her fever and other symptoms were side-effects of the drug...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn