Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

Here's a thought, it's been pointed out to me that in the play Sakura-hime Azuma Bunsho, one lover died for Sakura-hime's sake while she killed for endangering her family. This parallels Alto's current situation quite well with him as Sakura-hime and with Ranka and Sheryl as his two lovers. This then could be related to what Ozma and Yasaburo have been pointing out - Alto needs' to choose his own path and that he's still acting a role. This could mean that Alto can either follow his "role" and act out Sakura-hime by killing Ranka while Sheryl dies in the last battle or he could stop acting and do something else to make a difference.

Here's a thought, it's been pointed out to me that in the play Sakura-hime Azuma Bunsho, one lover died for Sakura-hime's sake while she killed for endangering her family. This parallels Alto's current situation quite well with him as Sakura-hime and with Ranka and Sheryl as his two lovers. This then could be related to what Ozma and Yasaburo have been pointing out - Alto needs' to choose his own path and that he's still acting a role. This could mean that Alto can either follow his "role" and act out Sakura-hime by killing Ranka while Sheryl dies in the last battle or he could stop acting and do something else to make a difference.

Yup, that was the point of this thread:

Alto's destiny is guessed from KABUKI-show "Sakurahime Azuma, characters'destiny

I really like this summation. Alto definitely needs to figure out how to make a choice. In some weird sense, I think the destinies of everyone may depend on it.

I really like this summation. Alto definitely needs to figure out how to make a choice. In some weird sense, I think the destinies of everyone may depend on it.

Depending on said choices... I believe we may have 2 probable endings:

a) A grim Sheryl/Ranka dying ending... (if Alto keeps acting).

b) A positive Sheryl/Ranka surviving ending... (if Alto makes the right choice).

<_<

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I just watched episode 24. I'm still confident of a kill-em-all ending, though I doubt Alto is actually dead.

I'd also like to say that time has made this thread completely redundant. It seems that every possibly plot that I had dismissed as too obvious or cliched seems to have been confirmed (Ranka's brother, Grace an evil scientist, the direct ties to M0, Sheryl all but confirmed as Mao's granddaughter etc). I'm not exactly pleased with that given how much time the series sent being myterious and encouraging speculation.

Edited by Ork_dreadnought

My final prediction:

Vajra is a late creation of proto-culture, made to guard the major planet - the home world or capital world. And then they left, leaving the Vajra to evolve and replicate without control.

Battle Frontier aim at the Vajra real queen nest, but Battle Galaxy jumps in and blow their main cannon away, then Macross Quarter jumps in and disable Battle Galaxy.

During the confusion and while Grace was busy hacking the real queen, Brera return to his real self briefly, and kamikaze his plane to allow Alto (in ExGear or VF-25) to rescue Ranka.

Sheryl earring, a relic from the proto-culture, contain a root access protocol to the Vajra network. On board the heavily damaged Battle Frontier, Ranka and Sheryl sing together to the crystal, which resulted with shutting down the Vajra network, freeing all Vajra. Grace got really pissed to found out what she sought for the most has been right in front of her face for so long, then she got killed, for real.

Bilrer do not get what he was looking for. Leon dies in a stupid way while fleeing.

In the end Sheryl die in Alto's arm, right after telling Ranka who she think is Alto's true love. Alto remain confused. <_<