Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

If i were Alto i would start ignoring both of them to see what happens... One would give up after a while probably...

Wait, you mean he's been paying attention to them? Instead of folding paper airplanes and saying, "Ranka..." and "Sheryl..." a lot? And somehow continuing to remain oblivious?

Here's my latest crazy plot idea: Alto and Klan fall in love in the wake of Michael's tragic death. Ranka and Sheryl are left in the cold, swear off men, and go on a galactic singing tour together.

Wait, you mean he's been paying attention to them? Instead of folding paper airplanes and saying, "Ranka..." and "Sheryl..." a lot? And somehow continuing to remain oblivious?

Here's my latest crazy plot idea: Alto and Klan fall in love in the wake of Michael's tragic death. Ranka and Sheryl are left in the cold, swear off men, and go on a galactic singing tour together.

a little fix

Ranka goes off with the vajra to never return...

Sheryl dies confessing her love for alto...

Klan and alto end together xD

Here's my crazy theory about sheryl's ending

after watching ep 22, in the final scene where they show that planet with that strange ring around it, its giving me some weird birdman vibes maybe in the end, the inhabitants on that planet would heal sheryl somehow.

having sheryl die in the end due to the v-type infection is really lame... it could be played out dramatically, but in the whole scheme of things really lame. as well, wasn't mao nome's thesis something about preventing the spread of the v-type infection? if so this would tie that up offering a solution to heal those who are affected. tho me thinking this, it also makes me think that this kinda ending is something along the lines of macross zero.

sorry if it sounds random to you, i guess i'm just posting my thoughts at the time of writing

How about this sequence for the end of the series:

1. Alto caught Sheryl's virus in ep 22

2. Ranka dies in stopping the Vajra/Colony fighting

3. Sheryl dies of Space AIDS

4. Alto dies of Space AIDS

5. Sequel is a love-comedy set in the afterlife with the girls fighting for Alto's affections (?)

:lol::lol:

scenario1: MQ gets caught between the forces of planet vajra and frontier. ranka to the rescue either with her own vajra troop or turns the planet side with her singing

scenario2: ranka goes kerrigan after finding out about altoxsheryl. it takes both MQ and frontier to take her down

scenario3: MQ and frontier duke it out. vajra cheer on the sidelines :lol:

If there ends up being a super queen or king Vajra on that planet I totally called it and you "hives don't work that way" folks can shower me with apologies! Then again, I haven't seen the most recent episode and it may contradict that theory entirely... in which case I apologize to all of you for having brought it back up.

Super Dimension Proto de Culture Finale!

*Megaroad 01 detected on protoculture homeworld...Hikaru and Misa are now a bitter old couple

Ozuma vs Brera 2.0 will end similarly to Guld v Ghost in M+

SMS Quarter Pounder v Battle Frontier above Protoculture homeworld

* Grace hacks Battle Frontier and uploads Sharon Apple from a backup on her internal HDD

Alto v Grace similar to Shin v Nora in M0

*Sheryl + Ranka singing revives Birdman and Vajra swarm around it to protect it, Birdman targets SMS Quarter/ Battle Frontier.

*Macross Galaxy arrives to capture Birdman

*Macross7 defolds at the Battle scene Basara joins the battle right after Ozuma becomes space dust

*Isamu and Myung arrive in the YF-19 from Eden

Leon gets what's coming to him from the Vajra specimen aboard Frontier in the test tube.

Nanase wakes up just as Luca bites the proverbial bullet

*It is revealed the Mr. Bilrer buys out L.A.I company after the events of the Vajra war are publiced, he uses L.A.I's new fold booster technology for his galaxy railway system.

Sheryl dies of space AIDs shortly after the battle ends

*Ranka replaces Sarah Nome in the Birdman

*= super dimensional speculation

*Megaroad 01 detected on protoculture homeworld...Hikaru and Misa are now a bitter old couple

* Grace hacks Battle Frontier and uploads Sharon Apple from a backup on her internal HDD

*Sheryl + Ranka singing revives Birdman and Vajra swarm around it to protect it, Birdman targets SMS Quarter/ Battle Frontier.

*Macross7 defolds at the Battle scene Basara joins the battle right after Ozuma becomes space dust

Leon gets what's coming to him from the Vajra specimen aboard Frontier in the test tube.

*It is revealed the Mr. Bilrer buys out L.A.I company after the events of the Vajra war are publiced, he uses L.A.I's new fold booster technology for his galaxy railway system.

The mother of all endings... :lol:

Btw...

My new theory is that the Protoculture/Vajra planet's ring is actually a biomechanical structure... I do see some spike like patterns on it that remind me (besides the grayish white color) of the Birdman. The spiral symbol is Protoculture... Perhaps we finally will see that the Vajra are spawn of the Birdman... :wacko:

post-7862-1220615052_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

So in the end Grace goes out Nora-style.....straying into the path of a Macross Cannon-like energy blast. :lol: So....if: Grace = Nora & Alto = Shin so.... whose DD = ????

Also....I'm wondering if Grace has a scar between her mammaries. :lol:

Edited by grss1982

Cut to scene of morning light filtering through a window.

Minmay wakes up and yawns.

"I had a really strange dream... Oh well, today's the big air show!"

Edited by yaiba

Cut to scene of morning light filtering through a window.

Minmay wakes up and yawns.

"I had a really strange dream... Oh well, today's the big air show!"

:PUNCH:

that would be the worst ending ever.

Would a smiley (or three) help? :):):)

Macross Galaxy is a private venture. All of its military power comes from private contractors with some NUNG over sight. Grace and her cyber-consiprators are after something but the Vajra are in the way. Macross Galaxy doesn't have the resources to eliminate the Vajra. Grace and Co come up with the idea to pit the Frontier against the Vajra. The Frontier being a bio plant has the resources to create more Vajra. Being bio based also means that Frontier Ecology/Economy is easy to disrupt to a very dire point. Get the Frontier NUNG to hate the Vajra enough and some shiny toys to help them fight the Vajra and the Frontier will go on the offensive and with some NUNG back up eliminate the Vajra for the Galaxy. The Galaxy is after something, something the protoculture also attempted but failed at. Something so great that they will do anything and sacrifice anyone to get at it.

Sheryl appears to be part of a failed experiment program to create biological fold wave transmitters. Purpose of this is obviously linked to dealing with Galaxy's Vajra problem. Sheryl like any others that may have or have not existed is a failure. Galaxy develops a new plan using Sheryl as a pop idol to whip up the people of a neighboring NUNG fleet in to hating the Vajra so much that they will go to war against the Vajra and eliminate them for the Galaxy. Sheryl became very very popular. Her planned death on Gailia 4 which would have been reported as caused by the Vajra is yet another failure. Operation Carnival is a partial failure. Sheryl is now discarded as worthless to the Galaxy. Luck gives a gift to Grace in the form of Ranka. Ranka appears to be a natural fold wave emitter.

Galaxy constructs a new plan around using Ranka and Frontier to handle the Vajra problem. Brera stern seems to at least appear to be someone from Ranka's past on the 117th. His existance seems to be both Grace's muscle and Ranka manipulator. Ranka's conflict with Alto and Ai-kun and her use as a tool to kill Vajra have caused her to run off to return Ai-kun. Ranka has led the Galaxy to the Vajra home. Galaxy plans to use the Frontier and other NUN Spacy forces with MDE and Dimension Eater weapons to eliminate the Vajra.

With the Vajra out of the way and the local NUN Spacy forces exhausted Galaxy will be able to accomplish their goal what ever that is. Galaxy is after something that stands to make them extremely powerfull. The Vajra are naturally docile but seem to be in the way.

I like the idea (mentioned in the episode 22 discussion thread, I believe) that the Frontier fleet will have to learn to live in harmony with the Vajra, and settle down on their planet, as their supplies make further colonization efforts impossible.

As we near the end, I've been reflecting on Macross endings. Other than the original series, we really haven't had endings that wrap up the loose ends. If we look at the planned original run for each Macross series, they all end in what some might call an inconclusive manner.

I think the same will probably hold true for Frontier, too. Considering the episode count (which coincides nicely for numerological reasons, but is a bit shorter than speculated), we'll probably get the main plot closed out (the mystery of the Vajra and the ultimate fate of Frontier and its inhabitants), but I imagine a lot will still be left open-ended. In a way, a Macross series never really ends; even though you know you'll probably never see this particular cast of characters ever again, you know the larger world goes on.

An OAV might be nice to wrap things up. I'm not sure what it could be about, though.

In short: I think a lot of what we're wondering about with regards to Galaxy, Grace, the Protoculture, etc. will be left unresolved. I also think we'll get some startling revelations, but left with plenty of mysteries as well. The general fate of the major characters will be decided, but we won't see the details.

I like the idea (mentioned in the episode 22 discussion thread, I believe) that the Frontier fleet will have to learn to live in harmony with the Vajra, and settle down on their planet, as their supplies make further colonization efforts impossible.

As we near the end, I've been reflecting on Macross endings. Other than the original series, we really haven't had endings that wrap up the loose ends. If we look at the planned original run for each Macross series, they all end in what some might call an inconclusive manner.

I think the same will probably hold true for Frontier, too. Considering the episode count (which coincides nicely for numerological reasons, but is a bit shorter than speculated), we'll probably get the main plot closed out (the mystery of the Vajra and the ultimate fate of Frontier and its inhabitants), but I imagine a lot will still be left open-ended. In a way, a Macross series never really ends; even though you know you'll probably never see this particular cast of characters ever again, you know the larger world goes on.

An OAV might be nice to wrap things up. I'm not sure what it could be about, though.

In short: I think a lot of what we're wondering about with regards to Galaxy, Grace, the Protoculture, etc. will be left unresolved. I also think we'll get some startling revelations, but left with plenty of mysteries as well. The general fate of the major characters will be decided, but we won't see the details.

I just thought of something related to your post...

What if the Vajra planet has the descendants of the MEGAROAD 01 population living in it? Maybe they learned to live in peace with the Vajra in exchange of getting rid of their technology... (Mayan way of life anyone?)

Perhaps that's why they couldn't communicate/get back anymore...

And the true queen of the Vajra could be one of the Nomes inside the remains of the Birdman... :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

How do we know where this new planet is located? After the long distance fold Frontier could be anywhere. Unless I missed some dialog somewhere stating they're nearing the center of the galaxy.

I definately think we'll be seeing the return of the birdman...it's just a nagging feeling I keep getting, and I also think Ranka is planned as the new "pilot" of the birdman but Sheryl sacrafices herself and saves Ranka by joining with the birdman instead.

With the real final episode summary out, I feel confident in predicting that

I have no idea how this is all going to turn out. I'm intrigued by the "a silhouette appears on the Battle Frontier stage" bit, though. The Frontier folks set this thing up for Ranka (including wiring it full of powerful fold amplifiers), and then they don't use it, but something else apparently does...

The possibilities that come to mind for me:

It could be something from the Vajra side of the conflict, or a third party. Vajra super-queen, Protoculture, Megaroad-1, Birdman, pick your favorite mysterious plot element from the past here. This could fit into the "it's the humans' turn to receive a culture shock" rumor.

It could be Grace or someone from her collective, projecting themselves on to the Frontier bridge, as part of some final gloating before she offs Leon and company. This would make it a rather minor element of the plot, though.

It could be that Leon has someone to fill the spotlight after all. Maybe Sheryl, or even Alto. Or maybe one of them takes to the stage of their own initiative.

The theory I like best, though, is that it's Sheryl, returning from the dead for one last performance. :) If she dies in episode 23 or 24, or even 25, maybe she's absorbed into the Vajra consciousness via her strengthening fold wave link, which allows her to survive (albeit only in spirit form) beyond her death. Then she can extend herself through the fold amplifiers to make one last performance, working with Ranka to bring about peace. This whole theory depends on Sheryl dying soon, though, to allow it to have the proper dramatic impact.

If this theory bears out, it might indicate that the ultimate fate of the 117th fleet wasn't to be destroyed so much as absorbed into a Vajra collective mind. If people in the 117th became infected to the same degree that Sheryl has, perhaps their consciousness ascends into fold space just prior to their physical deaths.

Finally, a bit of random speculation: Maybe Luca's on Battle Frontier during the final episode, when the Macross Quarter surely blows it up, with Leon on it, and Grace caught in the blast. :lol:

Edited by DeeBot

I just thought of something related to your post...

What if the Vajra planet has the descendants of the MEGAROAD 01 population living in it? Maybe they learned to live in peace with the Vajra in exchange of getting rid of their technology... (Mayan way of life anyone?)

Perhaps that's why they couldn't communicate/get back anymore...

And the true queen of the Vajra could be one of the Nomes inside the remains of the Birdman... :blink:

I was just about to post that the Vajra are the creations of Sara and Shin, trying to show everyone that fighting is not the way, and if we threw our weapons down, then the Vajra will stop...

Finally, a bit of random speculation: Maybe Luca's on Battle Frontier during the final episode, when the Macross Quarter surely blows it up, with Leon on it, and Grace caught in the blast. :lol:

Highly unlikely since Quarter is a pirate ship now not affiliated with NUNS/SMS anymore.

However, I bet Leon will go boom in Battle Frontier... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Isamu and Basara will defold into action in the last episode in a massive VF-29 only for the fighter to split in two then transforming into battloid and Isamu and Basara wearing special ex-gears turn into the heads of the battloids.

the Macross Quarter gone pirate gives me ideas of an OVA about the adventures of the Quarter and its crew.

Sounds a little too "Cowboy Macross Quarter" or "Harlock Saga" for my tastes.

RichterX,

There is no way I am going to ever tolerate TF: Headmasters ever again >_<

But I am all for Isamu and Basara showing up in a super sound-attack loaded out variable bomber, and saving the day with the music of Firebomber. And Myung is singing backup vocals, and they're all there in a classic "megazord" sentai(power rangers) style control room. XD!!!!!

Edited by RF-26AAC

But I am all for Isamu and Basara showing up in a super sound-attack loaded out variable bomber, and saving the day with the music of Firebomber. And Myung is singing backup vocals, and they're all there in a classic "megazord" sentai(power rangers) style control room. XD!!!!!

It's Mega Valkryie time!

I just watched all 22 episodes in the past two days. Not exactly sure where this is headed but i think it definitely has some kind of tie in with Macross Zero hence all of the strong nods to that series in past episodes; i like the idea that the Vajra could be descendants of Shin/Sara.

Here's an idea I get from the posts over at THAT!

Alto-hime as the silhouetted figure on Battle Frontier who saves the day through the power of Sakura-hime Azuma bunsho? FUND IT. The Bugs will melt before the greatest oyama in the history of anime, not even Grace will be able to ignore hime. In the last act Alto-hime caresses Sheryl as Sakura-hime, Sheryl finds it so moe that she dies. Basara-sama can be the closing act whose music cures Sheryl while Cathy and Ozma make babies in Basara’s honor.

I especially like how it ties in to VFTF1's earlier predictions.

I'm just going to post a few wild predictions based on episode 22, having mulled it over during the last week.

1) SMS is in fact pawn of Grace and Co, although only the Captain and few of the high ups know this. Given that Grace has in effect been encouraging people to hate the Vajra, and SMS basically is Vajra-haters-r-us, they now make a better tool than NUNs as Leon has tried to kill Grace. Having carrier with advanced fighters that has gone rogue is an excellent way to acheive your aims, and plausible deniability is very high.

2) Leon, while being a megalomaniac, is probably the only only one acting in the best interests of fleet, for reasons that will be revealed very soon. The motives of Grace (stir up war?) and SMS owner Birla (Make tons of cash via fold quartz?) will not turn out to be pure.

3) Ozma Lee, while a decent parent, adopted and cared for Ranka, for purely selfish reasons. Possibly to keep her away from other factions, but to ensure she's availible to SMS.

So, basically, I'm pretty a Tomino style "Everyone sucks and dies" ending :)

I'm just going to post a few wild predictions based on episode 22, having mulled it over during the last week.

1) SMS is in fact pawn of Grace and Co, although only the Captain and few of the high ups know this. Given that Grace has in effect been encouraging people to hate the Vajra, and SMS basically is Vajra-haters-r-us, they now make a better tool than NUNs as Leon has tried to kill Grace. Having carrier with advanced fighters that has gone rogue is an excellent way to acheive your aims, and plausible deniability is very high.

2) Leon, while being a megalomaniac, is probably the only only one acting in the best interests of fleet, for reasons that will be revealed very soon. The motives of Grace (stir up war?) and SMS owner Birla (Make tons of cash via fold quartz?) will not turn out to be pure.

3) Ozma Lee, while a decent parent, adopted and cared for Ranka, for purely selfish reasons. Possibly to keep her away from other factions, but to ensure she's availible to SMS.

So, basically, I'm pretty a Tomino style "Everyone sucks and dies" ending :)

Except in this case, everything comes together once Basara comes flying out of nowhere and helps everyone get along with the power of song!