Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

It seems that in the new Macross Zero Blue-Ray, they inserted Sheryls earrings in a scene where Sarahs and Maos family connection is pointed out.

snapshot20080823201617.jpg

That should make a family connection between Mao and Sheryl a lot more likely. Seems that the same surname wasn´t just a coincidence. ^_^

It seems that in the new Macross Zero Blue-Ray, they inserted Sheryls earrings in a scene where Sarahs and Maos family connection is pointed out.

That should make a family connection between Mao and Sheryl a lot more likely. Seems that the same surname wasn´t just a coincidence. ^_^

Darn!!! ^_^ You beat me to it.

I can has retcon? :huh::blink:

Anyways here's the post by Darial at animesuki.

Anyone has the new Macross Zero BD disc? Just saw these pic posted and it may potentially have large implications in MF if it's not a Rickroll (from Chinese BBS):

Scene from Original Macross Zero:

http://www.macross.com.cn/album/upload/478...d3702a1f69e.JPG

Scene from the new Macross Zero BD (supposely):

http://www.macross.com.cn/album/upload/478...82f4242d8f3.jpg

See what nice little crystal accessories were added around the candles in the BD edition?

Link: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p...;postcount=1432

Slight retcon but WTF! There's a Birdman/Protoculture connection afterall?

One thing I've noticed about the Mayan Birdman legend in Zero is that the god Procacha ( Protoculture in Zentran?) ordered the Birdman to destroy humanity but it disobeyed and cut off its head.

Edited by RedWolf

One thing I've noticed about the Mayan Birdman legend in Zero is that the god Procacha ( Protoculture in Zentran?) ordered the Birdman to destroy humanity but it disobeyed and cut off its head.

I just wish they made clear WTF happened during Zero cuz it seems everybody in Frontier's timeline already knows but the audience doesn't.

Slight retcon but WTF! There's a Birdman/Protoculture connection afterall?

Wow... Then Sheryl's earrings were in fact made by the Protoculture!!!

The whole "Birdman cutting off its own head" is just an interpretation of the Birdman's head module/ship that separated from its main body. The birdman is a highly advanced protoculture mecha... not a living being after all. I believe that the earrings belonged to some Protoculture individual who was piloting the Birdman and refused to follow their protocol of destroying humanity when they discovered that it was a warlike race... B))

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Wow... Then Sheryl's earrings were in fact made by the Protoculture!!!

The whole "Birdman cutting off its own head" is just an interpretation of the Birdman's head module/ship that separated from its main body. The birdman is a highly advanced protoculture mecha... not a living being after all. I believe that the earrings belonged to some Protoculture individual who was piloting the Birdman and refused to follow their protocol of destroying humanity when they discovered that it was a warlike race... B))

it doesn't necessarily mean the earrings were made by the protoculture. it means that somehow or another Fold Quartz was on the island... perhaps it is a crystallized form of the bird human's blood or something, that the islanders found at some point and fashioned into the earrings for the priestesses? it is one possibility, that might be borne out if Sara is shown wearing them. conversely, they might be cermonial.

Edited by Shaka_Z

Vajra is the only known source of the crystal, hence the Proto-culture made contact with them before the Birdman reached earth.

operative part of that is only known source. there is no evidence either for or against the idea that the beings who we know as the protoculture - no biological remains of one has ever been found afaik - did not either use, make or have as internal organs fold quartz crystals. it just hasnt been hinted at in the macross mythos before Frontier (Zero BD retconn notwithstanding).

we may actually be witnessing the birdman himself (SK) doing something we never thought he would do - tying up the background story of the universe. some of this actually reminds me of Babylon 5, in that as the series neared its' end, the most fundamental aspects of what happened in the distant past were made known to all, leaving the younger races to 'make their own magic' (I loved that little exposition by Delenn). now that I thnk about it, there seem to be a number of parallels... I just can't put my finger on them atm.

wow! just... wow!! the plot thickens! great catch!

indeed... I wonder just how much SK is going to reveal, and how many more questions will be asked thanks to the revelations.

Edited by Shaka_Z

thats truly awesome that they added them onto the BD collection

although I dont think that proves that Sheryl is any relation to Sara necessarily. Since as Grace stated she found her and made her who she was, it seems more likely to me that Mao from back in the Zero day just kept the earrings and somehow Grace got them. Then with Grace finding Sheryl (if that was even her name) she decided to give her the last name Nome and the earrings as part of her experiment.

I also like the comment about how possible the crystals were on earth then and possible part of the bird humans blood or maybe out of its body. A definite possibility and interesting one at that

But time will time

Edited by Cybergig1

although I dont think that proves that Sheryl is any relation to Sara necessarily. Since as Grace stated she found her and made her who she was, it seems more likely to me that Mao from back in the Zero day just kept the earrings and somehow Grace got them. Then with Grace finding Sheryl (if that was even her name) she decided to give her the last name Nome and the earrings as part of her experiment.

I also like the comment about how possible the crystals were on earth then and possible part of the bird humans blood or maybe out of its body. A definite possibility and interesting one at that

But time will time

I wonder what would happen if Ranka wore Sheryl's earring? :ph34r:

Will she be able to control the Vajra at last?

(Very probable to happen in the series finale...) :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I wonder what would happen if Ranka wore Sheryl's earring? :ph34r:

Will she be able to control the Vajra at last?

(Very probable to happen in the series finale...) :wacko:

or... what will happen when Sheryl finally finds her other earring again, and does a duet with Ranka?

Total Vajra domination! :o

But time will time

well I never stated or implied that the earrings proved a blood relation between sheryl and mao or any other nome. all it really proves is that the earrings are related. I am still of the opinion though that sheryl is related somehow... wasnt it mentioned somewhere in Zero that mao/sara's uncle had left the island for the big cities... or was that just a general mention of the island population leaving for the riches of civilization? maybe she is a cousin from that side of the family (ie the uncle ended up in france and married there). that would certainly explain her lighter complexion compared to mao for example.

Edited by Shaka_Z

well I never stated or implied that the earrings proved a blood relation between sheryl and mao or any other nome. all it really proves is that the earrings are related. I am still of the opinion though that sheryl is related somehow... wasnt it mentioned somewhere in Zero that mao/sara's uncle had left the island for the big cities... or was that just a general mention of the island population leaving for the riches of civilization? maybe she is a cousin from that side of the family (ie the uncle ended up in france and married there). that would certainly explain her lighter complexion compared to mao for example.

no worries bro I see where your going with it. And wasn't really calling you out in particular or anything I know I've seen lots of people comment that they think Sheryl is somehow related which I sorta did at first but started having my doubts around episode 18 or so whenever Grace and Sheryl had their falling out. And true I was wondering what if Grace didn't just randomly find her and is lying/controlling Sheryl even more. With Grace you never can tell o_o

I really do like how they are added things into Zero's BD release to tie things together though. haha guess they can always claim "well it was there its just that without the awesomeness of high def none of you viewers ever really noticed it yeah thats it ^_-" lol

Weird thought I had while driving to work...

Is there any significance to both Brera and Ranka having amnesia?

Ranka we have heard called "The Queen" by some , including Grace. Brera has been called at least once "The Prince" by Grace as well.

And what if both of them start to remember everything about their past?

My feeling is that Brera's memories are another essential plot device to resolving the storyline. And still wish that we could get one of the "guys" of the show to sing ... or both. As many fans speculate about a RAnka/Sheryl duet, it'd be more randomly interesting to actually have it turn into a duet with the guys. XD (Of course, that might just make me vomit too... depending on how it's done.)

ah now I'm having a nightmare scenario, Ranka/Sheryl singing with Brera on Harmonica and Alto in Hime mode dancing around the stage O_O gouge out my eyes! x_x hmm then again that could drive the enemy into offing themselves as well heh

ah now I'm having a nightmare scenario, Ranka/Sheryl singing with Brera on Harmonica and Alto in Hime mode dancing around the stage O_O gouge out my eyes! x_x hmm then again that could drive the enemy into offing themselves as well heh

I'm tellin' ya, I still want to hear Luca sing "SANTI-U." Bona fide hit, that one would be! ^_^

no worries bro I see where your going with it. And wasn't really calling you out in particular or anything I know I've seen lots of people comment that they think Sheryl is somehow related which I sorta did at first but started having my doubts around episode 18 or so whenever Grace and Sheryl had their falling out. And true I was wondering what if Grace didn't just randomly find her and is lying/controlling Sheryl even more. With Grace you never can tell o_o

I really do like how they are added things into Zero's BD release to tie things together though. haha guess they can always claim "well it was there its just that without the awesomeness of high def none of you viewers ever really noticed it yeah thats it ^_-" lol

lol no offense taken man - actually quite the opposite.

I still am quite convinced of the 'Sheryl is a cousin from Sara and Mao's Dad's side of the family' vector... there are just too many things we know about Sheryl now, and here are 4 of the bigger points:

1. the Nome name - yeah grace could have named her... I know

2. the earrings - these little baubles are directly connected to Mao, we just dont know the chain of possession.

3. sheryl is fluent in french - a language that should be effectively dead by 2059, having been replaced by something much closer to an english based 'standard' language - lets face it, the vast majority of the population of Ataria spoke english, japanese and chinese. it was however a language the Mayans spoke (apparently the island was a french territory at some point). I admit this has some problems, such as why was Sheryl a street urchin on Galaxy, but she could have been orphaned by the loss of the 117th. hopefully we will see some more of her past, as it seems that Ranka and Brera aren't the only ones with amnesia.

4. her blood type

granted, given the events of SW1, the likelihood of any such relations survivng is slim, and dependent on wether or not the relations moved to Ataria Island - given that the entire population of Mayan was likely relocated there, it isn't much of a stretch that if Mao had any remaining family they would relocate to wherever she was, given that she was only like 12-14 years old, and the UN wouldn't be very willing to let any mayan native have free roam of the world - too many potential leaks and political fallout.

Edited by Shaka_Z

lol no offense taken man - actually quite the opposite.

1. the Nome name - yeah grace could have named her... I know

2. the earrings - these little baubles are directly connected to Mao, we just dont know the chain of possession.

3. sheryl is fluent in french - a language that should be effectively dead by 2059, having been replaced by something much closer to an english based 'standard' language - lets face it, the vast majority of the population of Ataria spoke english, japanese and chinese. it was however a language the Mayans spoke (apparently the island was a french territory at some point). I admit this has some problems, such as why was Sheryl a street urchin on Galaxy, but she could have been orphaned by the loss of the 117th. hopefully we will see some more of her past, as it seems that Ranka and Brera aren't the only ones with amnesia.

4. her blood type

granted, given the events of SW1, the likelihood of any such relations survivng is slim, and dependent on wether or not the relations moved to Ataria Island - given that the entire population of Mayan was likely relocated there, it isn't much of a stretch that if Mao had any remaining family they would relocate to wherever she was, given that she was only like 12-14 years old, and the UN wouldn't be very willing to let any mayan native have free roam of the world - too many potential leaks and political fallout.

Good to hear :)

Anyways Points 2 and 4 especially are what had me thinking that originally. With them going back to add the earrings into the new Zero release it just really brings up that they must play a larger role then simply being earrings made of the crystals. So looking forward to seeing how that plays out. The whole name thing at first was what got me hyped with the tie in but when she started talking about being an orphan I began to worry how that would pan out. And like you said still kinda up in the air either Grace gave it to her or it really could end up being her name.

Also good catch with point 3 I never even thought of that one at all

Edited by Cybergig1

I am absolutely thrilled with the addition of the crystal earrings in Macross Zero, and I am enthralled by the possibilities of an actual link between Sheryl Nome and Mao/Sara (aside from their last name). way cool.

but i think more crucial to the big picture is the way this ties the protoculture with the vajra! how in hell did the mayans get a fold crystal with so much power, when that crystal is supposedly only produced by the vajra? at the very least, it's a definitive link between the protoculture and the vajra. the fact that they made an effort to retcon macross zero to add that particular plot device means that the link will be a substantial part of the big reveal about to the nature of vajra by the end of the series. :)

I'm tellin' ya, I still want to hear Luca sing "SANTI-U." Bona fide hit, that one would be! ^_^

What will happen if he did?

About the earring stuff, Mao wears it, Mao died/dissapeared, Grace took possesion of the Earring after learning it secrets, Grace found Sheryl and make her an idol, Grace give the earring to Sheryl in attempt to make her Q-1.

So, I think there's no direct relation between Sheryl and Mao.

What will happen if he did?

About the earring stuff, Mao wears it, Mao died/dissapeared, Grace took possesion of the Earring after learning it secrets, Grace found Sheryl and make her an idol, Grace give the earring to Sheryl in attempt to make her Q-1.

So, I think there's no direct relation between Sheryl and Mao.

You don´t read spoilers, do you? :) I refer you to the last news thread.

Or look here, third post from the bottom:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php...621&page=63

Failed, since Michel is dead hence no more

further V-type infection investigation

Klan is still alive, but, yeah, that did put my estimate that the spoilers are true a bit down. But with the Zero earrings, things are again falling into place.

You can of course willfully ignore that something is a-coming... it worked well for Togo. :p

Edited by magnuskn

but i think more crucial to the big picture is the way this ties the protoculture with the vajra! how in hell did the mayans get a fold crystal with so much power, when that crystal is supposedly only produced by the vajra? at the very least, it's a definitive link between the protoculture and the vajra. the fact that they made an effort to retcon macross zero to add that particular plot device means that the link will be a substantial part of the big reveal about to the nature of vajra by the end of the series. :)

AFAIK, (as it was extensively discussed waaaaay before), the Birdman seemed to have Fold Quartz inside too... I truly believe that the Vajra are the spawn of the Birdman... (hence the spiral markings).

Btw...

Regarding next episode (21), Perhaps Ozma, Ranka and Cathy will flee Frontier? (Cathy and Ozma to escape from Leon, Ranka to stop being his tool?).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

AFAIK, (as it was extensively discused waaaaay before), the Birdman seemed to have Fold Quartz inside too... I truly believe that the Vajra are the spawn of the Birdman... (hence the spiral markings).

Btw...

Regarding next episode (21), Perhaps Ozma, Ranka and Cathy will flee Frontier? (Cathy and Ozma to escape from Leon, Ranka to stop being his tool?).

Man, why do you always have to be right?

That's a logical explanation for those stupid Vajra, and their organic form; it certainly behaved much like the birdman and the birdman, too, had some kind of external consciousness.

I totally agree with you here. That could be exactly why Alto is running in the preview and it makes sense plot wise with all that Ozma knows is happening, he will want to protect Ranka from Leon and co.

hmmm... I am thinking it is Alto running to find Sheryl. it is quite likely that klan will tell him about Sheryl's condition now that michel is gone - remember she wanted to tell Alto everything after Sheryl left them in the library in ep 18. I think that given her admonition to Alto in ep 20 that she would be highly disposed to force Alto's hand by breaking the silence about it.

Edited by Shaka_Z