Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

picture1400x270shklaj5.jpg

picture2400x270shkldh3.jpg

picture2400x224shklvd9.jpg

if u look at these 3 pic's..who will die at the FINAL ep (ep 28)?

oh god...please save Sheryl...!

ranka is not going to die... i just know it..cuz it's not ....her place...to die....!

but sheryl is more likely...cuz...

IMHO..

this pic's explain about a ghost in the mirror (sheryl) dead of course...(look at the sinking sheryl...her body is pale..like a dead person

but the red thread is still binding her to connect her to ALTO...so only through a song (an earring which can shine like that is not a normal one...it can express a feeling of a song.. and through ranka..as a medium of her will... (i think ranka will use her earring after sheryl died...to fullfil her FINAL wish as an idol..so SAD T T...)

and in the end even though sheryl is dead....she is still a legend like LYNMINMAY...cuz her song is heard...through ranka who used her earing..

bla bla bla..

BUT i DARE to gamble! both of them is going to be alright...cuz that's what macross all about..!

C'mon...there still 10 episode to go anything could happen...

that's enough to make a BIG BIG chance in this story line...as for now... ;)

Edited by moncikoma

Something President Glass said in episode 18 has me thinking. Frontier and NUNG are separatists and are trying to get far away from the UNG/earth sphere of influence.

Very unlikely. Afaik, the main objective of the Frontier Fleet is to find new worlds to colonize... which has been the original mandate of UNG/Earth goverment for all the Fleets since years ago...

I don't find any separatism there, quite the contrary... :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

They still might be separatists, although of more of a benign kind. Perhaps the idea of a united government for all humanity is a bit quaint, considering how long it must take to travel to the various fleets/colonies. The various offshoots of humanity are completely autonomous. They share information, technology, culture, biodiversity, etc. (anything that's easily transportable, basically), but not power. Humanity isn't constructing a galactic empire, just dispersing itself.

Changing this comfortable situation to one of more centralized control might be the objective of the Galaxy conspirators.

Does anyone have an explanation for the "inspiring hate" thing that this series keeps steering towards?

What the hell would be the benefit of making us HATE the Vajra?

We're already killing them, so it's not like it helps unless I don't know, hate makes the Vajra stronger.

WHAT

THE

HELL.

SERIOUSLY.

Hate based human instrumentality project?

Gah, I just can't see the benefit in it.

I recommend taking a basic course on history. Seriously. You cannot keep two sides at war unless they have a reason to remain at war. You cannot keep a populace supportive of a war effort just because. This whole "inspiring hate" thing isn't some convoluted sci-fi silliness as you put it earlier, it's right there in human history. They want to keep Frontier and the Vajra at war. As we've seen so far, there is no reason for these two sides to be at war without Galaxy's influence. It's been Galaxy that's been riling the Vajra up and leading them to Frontier, and visa-versa.

Does anyone have an explanation for the "inspiring hate" thing that this series keeps steering towards?

What the hell would be the benefit of making us HATE the Vajra?

We're already killing them, so it's not like it helps unless I don't know, hate makes the Vajra stronger.

WHAT

THE

HELL.

SERIOUSLY.

Hate based human instrumentality project?

Gah, I just can't see the benefit in it.

ok calm down.

you might want to watch the series again. Grace said in ep 14(?) that "frontier didn't know that we were the ones who led the vajra to frontier". and as far as Frontier is concerned, they have just been defending their turf.

it would seem the same is true for the Vajra. If grace's faction did not lead the vajra to frontier, they might have left it alone. the vajra were quite satisfied staying in one area of Galia IV, even though there were some humans and zentraedis hanging around nearby. (which goes to show that they just defend their turf, much like the humans).

so here's where the hate comes in. Grace destroys Galia IV, and leaves a trail of breadcrumbs leading to the Frontier. Thus, Vajra believes the humans destroyed their planet, and declares war. For the humans, Sheryl was supposed to be killed on the planet at the height of her popularity (if Grace had her way), and the Vajra would be blamed for the destruction of the planet and her death. leading to an international tragedy that would make the humans hate the Vajra and declare war on them. and as we keep attacking the vajra all-out, they keep retaliating in force. this escalates. imagine how you can stop this escalation between two sides who have no way of communicating with each other (at least none that we know of yet).

That's the "hate" that Grace was going for. it's just classic war-mongering. it's not the emotion per se that Grace was so hyped about, but the effects of the hatred on war and politics. The intended result was an all-out war between the Vajra and the Humans. as for the reason behind this plot, we don't know yet. seriously.

ok calm down.

you might want to watch the series again. Grace said in ep 14(?) that "frontier didn't know that we were the ones who led the vajra to frontier". and as far as Frontier is concerned, they have just been defending their turf.

it would seem the same is true for the Vajra. If grace's faction did not lead the vajra to frontier, they might have left it alone. the vajra were quite satisfied staying in one area of Galia IV, even though there were some humans and zentraedis hanging around nearby. (which goes to show that they just defend their turf, much like the humans).

so here's where the hate comes in. Grace destroys Galia IV, and leaves a trail of breadcrumbs leading to the Frontier. Thus, Vajra believes the humans destroyed their planet, and declares war. For the humans, Sheryl was supposed to be killed on the planet at the height of her popularity (if Grace had her way), and the Vajra would be blamed for the destruction of the planet and her death. leading to an international tragedy that would make the humans hate the Vajra and declare war on them. and as we keep attacking the vajra all-out, they keep retaliating in force. this escalates. imagine how you can stop this escalation between two sides who have no way of communicating with each other (at least none that we know of yet).

That's the "hate" that Grace was going for. it's just classic war-mongering. it's not the emotion per se that Grace was so hyped about, but the effects of the hatred on war and politics. The intended result was an all-out war between the Vajra and the Humans. as for the reason behind this plot, we don't know yet. seriously.

Aha!

Thanks for the explanation, I remembered grace doing that but didn't connect it

I have such a hard time understanding grace's reasoning that it didn't occur to connect the two.

So then the question is, are the Vajra peaceful if left alone??

Obviously Leon and Grace want em dead for the Fold Crystals within them but I dunno...

There must be a better motive than fold crystals.

Aha!

Thanks for the explanation, I remembered grace doing that but didn't connect it

I have such a hard time understanding grace's reasoning that it didn't occur to connect the two.

So then the question is, are the Vajra peaceful if left alone??

Obviously Leon and Grace want em dead for the Fold Crystals within them but I dunno...

There must be a better motive than fold crystals.

Hate -> anti Vajra movement -> Vajra genocide war -> fold quartz farming -> Galaxy/L.A.I. will have increase income due to war and monopoly on fold quartz

Its all about $$$ or whatever currency they used in Frontier.

Galaxy may be the bad guys but do you think the cold calculating bastards that they are would whip up a bee's nest like the vajra with out first making sure they don't get stung by them first?

And that would be what Ranka is for. ;)

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Galaxy may be the bad guys but do you think the cold calculating bastards that they are would whip up a bee's nest like the vajra with out first making sure they don't get stung by them first?

Well, given that Galaxy is currently missing after a Vajra attack, the three simplist responses to that question are:

1) They are in fact pawns like everyone else.

2) The disappearence of the Galaxy fleet is an elabourate fraud.

3) They suffered from the old cliche that affects scientists, in that they messed with things they didn't understand, and it blew up in their faces. Probably under Grace's direction (see 1).

I'm not convinced persay that Galaxy or any character is the ultimate badguy, although I think Grace is at best a Well Intentioned Extremist.

Edited by Ork_dreadnought

Makes me wonder what happened to the Galaxy civilians and NUNS.

It seems to me they've been totally cut off outside the fleet.

Even in Macross 7 the fleet is still in contact with Earth and other fleets via Galaxy Network.

Also Grace's line that cyborgs and implants are allowed on other fleets make me think they have infiltrators in them.

Certainly whatever Galaxy Anonymous is planning is bigger than just the Vajra, it certainly involves the entirety of the New United Nations.

Perhaps a coup attempt bigger than in VFX-2.

If the NUN government is on the frontier then who is keeping Global's barcalounger warm back on the macross on earth?

The NUNS Supreme Commander?

Wonder what happened good ol' Vrlithwai Kradanik. He's supposed to be Supreme Commander of UN Spacy.

But haven't heard a peep from him in years.

Who knows maybe the Sharon Apple incident made people more paranoid. I'm sure the guy spouting Human-Zentradi unity is the president in Macross Plus.

Any politician smuck in the NUN hegemony can run for President given enough votes.

But if that is so is it of majority vote or something as confusing as the US President electoral process.

Vrlithwai Kradanik shows up with his Nupetiet-Vergnitzs and pumps the Galaxy full of beam cannon fire.

That won't happen, that would be too cool.

I keep hoping for a galactic civil war, but Kawamori refuses to give it to me!

Galaxy wants to unite humanity/zentrandi under the banner of hate against the vajra. the vajra will be galaxy puppet ready to attack and scare the NUN. humans and zentrans that are too scared of a fabricated boogey man won't have time to fight amongst them selves.

You'll have to excuse me, but I find that rather weak. There has to be more to it than that. I really doubt their ultimate goal is greater unity between humans and zentrans.

Galaxy wants everyone in their cybernetic collective for ultimate unity. the vajra are just the barking dogs to scare people to go that route.

That doesn't quite do it for me either. How would generating a war between Vajra and Humanity promote cybernetics and make everyone join this collective? Scaring them with the Vajra will make everyone become a cyborg?? Don't see it. It doesn't explain what the V-type has to do with anything either, and what of the fold quartz?

Fold quartz is supposed to make the galaxy a smaller place.

Faster fold engines and faster fold communications.

One can consolidate power if the NUN fleets and colonies isn't as distant as it is.

Longer ranged fold comm is good for galactic networking. As it appears both Grace and her associates are no longer human but AI.