Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

Yep, live broadcast of sports. Pretty much the bane of every anime fan in Japan or otherwise...

Heck, programming in the USA gets preempted by sports programming (especially for games I don't care for). But anyways....

Yep, live broadcast of sports. Pretty much the bane of every anime fan in Japan or otherwise...

You should see me when Nascar or a football game preempts my Sunday Simpsons. I can relate.

Doesn't it air at like 3 AM anyway? What the hell are they bumping it for? Clog dancing?

You should see me when Nascar or a football game preempts my Sunday Simpsons. I can relate.

Doesn't it air at like 3 AM anyway? What the hell are they bumping it for? Clog dancing?

EuroCup. It's being broadcast by TBS this week (and if it ain't on TBS, it probably won't be on any other station).

http://tbs.co.jp/tv/

We wish, that'd atleast only last an hour or so resulting in a bump in timeslot rather than a preempt. It's a live broadcast from europe which is probably around midday at that time and they're probably showing several games back to back.

...no ep.11 this week?

YOU DIDN'T SEE IT??? Man, was it ever awesome! The Frontier ran into

Fire bomber

, and together they found the

Megaroad-01

!

Minmay

and

Basara

sang a duet, and then

Basara got torn to pieces by the Vajra

in a really gory scene. Now

Misa

is

the Captain

of the Frontier, and Michael

hooked up with Mylene

! (I guess he really DOES like older women! :p )

Oh, and the next ep preview showed

Isamu and Myung

!

DAMN, this show is great! Start looking for the episode now! And if you can't find it, KEEP LOOKING UNTIL YOU DO!

Edited by Gubaba

Fire bomber

Megaroad-01

!

Minmay

and

Basara

sang a duet, and then

Misa

is

the Captain

hooked up with Mylene

Isamu and Myung

!

DAMN, this show is great! Start looking for the episode now! And if you can't find it, KEEP LOOKING UNTIL YOU DO!

I heard

Hikaru

takes over for

Bobby

driving the

Macross Quarter

On that note, Sammie needs to make a comeback. Seriously. I don't care if she's 85 now.

As for MPlus homages: the VF27 (from the official site) is an evolution of VF22. If you look at the pictures, the cockpit has no canopy - Ergo, this Valkyrie has a functioning neural interface. After all, Guld's experiment wasn't discarded. And this probably means that General Galaxy (see Macross Plus) is indeed the aircraft/science manufacture facility on-board Macross Galaxy.

Is it me, or do both the VFs here transform like the SV-51?

I believe that has been discussed already in the Mecha/Tech thread...

The official word from Kawamori is that it resembles the VF-1 and transforms like the VF-19. However, many ppl have pointed out that it transforms more like the SV-51. I believe the SV-51's transformation was also derived from that of the VF-19 (from a designing point of view), so both statements are technically true, hehe... ^_^

I believe that has been discussed already in the Mecha/Tech thread...

The official word from Kawamori is that it resembles the VF-1 and transforms like the VF-19. However, many ppl have pointed out that it transforms more like the SV-51. I believe the SV-51's transformation was also derived from that of the VF-19 (from a designing point of view), so both statements are technically true, hehe... ^_^

Good wording, I didn't like that debate, I was in the camp saying it was more like the 19, but they both are like the 19. It is just position of the cockpit that is the same as the 19, the swing hinges on the 25/27 are much like those of the SV-51. To me the VF-27 is reminiscent of the SV-51 in a couple of ways. However the VF-27 and 25 are exactly the same in transformation save for the wings, that is for sure.

Fire bomber

Megaroad-01

!

Minmay

and

Basara

sang a duet, and then

Misa

is

the Captain

hooked up with Mylene

Isamu and Myung

!

You forgot to mention that they sang

PLANET DANCE!!!

:ph34r:

sorry i read post 29

i still dun understand why they have a break this week

sorry i dun get it

Well considering Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, you shouldn't be surprised. Be glad it isn't the World Cup! :rolleyes:

Good wording, I didn't like that debate, I was in the camp saying it was more like the 19, but they both are like the 19. It is just position of the cockpit that is the same as the 19, the swing hinges on the 25/27 are much like those of the SV-51. To me the VF-27 is reminiscent of the SV-51 in a couple of ways. However the VF-27 and 25 are exactly the same in transformation save for the wings, that is for sure.

It seems to me the SV-51 was a refinement of the VF-19 transformation sequence and then Kawamori went a step further with the VF-25/27 to give the pilot's maximum protection in battroide mode.

It is entirely possible the Galaxy was sponsored by General Galaxy and the fact that they designed and deployed a fighter without NUNS knowledge indicates to me that all is not ideal in the Macross universe.

With the VF-27 being based off the VF-22 is seems that the fighter was designed as a special ops fighter like the VF-22 was.

Edited by Zinjo

I heard

Hikaru

takes over for

Bobby

driving the

Macross Quarter

He tries, but it turns out that

gay guys with afros

can generate a certain form of

spiritia

that makes them better

battleship pilots

You forgot to mention that they sang

PLANET DANCE!!!

:ph34r:

Is THAT what that was...? Wow, Yoko Kanno makes EVERYTHING sound completely different, doesn't she? ^_^

It seems to me the SV-51 was a refinement of the VF-19 transformation sequence and then Kawamori went a step further with the VF-25/27 to give the pilot's maximum protection in battroide mode.

It is entirely possible the Galaxy was sponsored by General Galaxy and the fact that they designed and deployed a fighter without NUNS knowledge indicates to me that all is not ideal in the Macross universe.

With the VF-27 being based off the VF-22 is seems that the fighter was designed as a special ops fighter like the VF-22 was.

If it's a special operations fighter that's still brand new and top secret, knowledge of its existence might not be that common even amongst high ranking officers in other fleets. If the Galaxy fleet has NUNS, if that is where the VF-27 came from, and if those NUNS markings are real and its a NUNS fighter, then someone high up in the command of Galaxy NUNS had a hand in its adoption and deployment.

And the VF-27 does have a special ops feel to it like the VF-22. Damn, imagine if that thing had Super Packs to add on, the extra boost and weapons that could provide.

I see what you mean about the SV-51 transformation feels like a refinement or development of the 19-type transformation.

Aye, there is something foul in the state of Macross.

27 being based on the 22 would explain why it looks like it might be using an Inertia Vector Control system, but it doesn't look much like the 22, must be in abilities and role as special ops which I agree with you all on that it definitely fits that bill.

I dunno, the 25/27 definitely seem to direct descendants of the 19 in terms of transformation. The SV-51 on the other hand seem like an excercise in designing a VF that transformed differentely from any VFs previously shown. Giving us a glimpse at a possible direction VFs could have taken had the Anti-UN won.

27 being based on the 22 would explain why it looks like it might be using an Inertia Vector Control system, but it doesn't look much like the 22, must be in abilities and role as special ops which I agree with you all on that it definitely fits that bill.

The only 22-ish thing I see in the 27 is the engine intakes being part of the chest (not the legs), and having a three dimensional thrust vectoring capability in fighter mode.

Edited by d3v

I would think 3 dimensional thrust vectoring is more common in newer valks, the YF-19 and most likely VF-19 had 3D thrust vectoring too I believe.

What I mean is that in ep.7 at least when you see the VF-27 move it looks as if it is making really sharp and quick turns which makes me think of the IVCS.

I would think 3 dimensional thrust vectoring is more common in newer valks, the YF-19 and most likely VF-19 had 3D thrust vectoring too I believe.

What I mean is that in ep.7 at least when you see the VF-27 move it looks as if it is making really sharp and quick turns which makes me think of the IVCS.

The 19 was only ever shown with two dimensional thrust vectoring (pitch axis) while the 22 could do yaw and pitch.

As for an IVCS, wouldn't that work only for Battroid mode where you could use the inertia from by moving the limbs to maneuver the craft without having to expend propellant (or move quicker by using both inertia and verniers).

Edited by d3v