Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 8 rating  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 8 Rating

• Positive (Sheryl's panties! tee hee)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl's panties and Ranka's "magical bump" are REAL turnoffs)

there is no way brera is not from Galaxy group that fought on esp 7

brera blow a hole in varja mothership, destroy some small varja and save alto in the end

brera then fold together with two green galaxy fighter toward frontier

he and his green pet check out ok, and after the debriefing, he went to island 1 for R&R.

of course that group ran away, a small fighter already dispatch to seek help. they are not to seek help, they are to run away, leaving galaxy to die.

why should they leave the galaxy other than to run for their life??

there is no tactical purpose to leave the battlefield while the enemy is still attacking?

Brera is part of the good guys , that is for sure.

no doubt he might join SMS in future.

they should court martial the deserter and shot and throw into the recycle water thingy.

also now sheryl into pilot course, the picture of pink VF-25 is a reality now.

sheryl will pilot a VF-25 in an ultimate dead and alive struggle with varja, full attack fleet.

Did u notice how big the "cockpit" of the VF-27 looked when it was folding at the end of episode 7? It also looked like the VR simulation Grace used in episode 8. That's why many many ppl believe Brera wasn't actually inside the VF-27, but controlling it from a virtual cockpit (So he could be basically far away). This is why I'm positive he was in Frontier the whole time. Also would solve the whole "entering Frontier without detection" issue & would put him under Leon's command...

I believe Leon is the one behind the VF-27 (either he helped develop it by sending Vajra research info to Galaxy fleet or made Brera steal it later or both). Maybe Michael's sister found out and Leon got her "suicided"... :angry:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Yes, that's a the pre-production colors of the VF-25, taken from the Macross Frontier trailer way back in last year. It's not an official color scheme.

Correct! But we see the same color scheme on that valk from the first scene of the opening every week! :wacko:

Correct! But we see the same color scheme on that valk from the first scene of the opening every week! :wacko:

I'm somehow suspecting it will be Sheryl's... I know, I know, chills run down my spine too... :ph34r:

BTW brats can't fly valkyries ok! <_< Well, except for Mylene... and Basara. :lol:

Yeah, but look at who Mylene's parents were. We're not talking about an ordinary 14 year girl here.

Did u notice how big the "cockpit" of the VF-27 looked when it was folding at the end of episode 7? It also looked like the VR simulation Grace used in episode 8. That's why many many ppl believe Brera wasn't actually inside the VF-27, but controlling it from a virtual cockpit (So he could be basically far away). This is why I'm positive he was in Frontier the whole time. Also would solve the whole "entering Frontier without detection" issue & would put him under Leon's command...

I believe Leon is the one behind the VF-27 (either he helped develop it by sending Vajra research info to Galaxy fleet or made Brera steal it later or both). Maybe Michael's sister found out and Leon got her "suicided"... :angry:

brera is in the VF-27

what do you mean he is controlling from somewhere

what do you mean leon, he does not know brera

your theory of brera is very wrong.

i dun know where you come out with such an idea. really crazy.

Spectacles = dumb...? Since when? :rolleyes:

your are fans of nanase

of course you think she is perfect

but you notice, everytime she argue with people

she end up being very shy

once with michel

another with sheryl

sheryl easily brush off her verbal attack and turn the topic from ranka, back to her and even ranka ask if she like princess.

is that bad enough, when you best friend ask if you love her dream guy,

yes i like gals with big booby , but in frontier, there are lots of gals with big booby, sheryl, klein klan and the other sms gals.

brera is in the VF-27

what do you mean he is controlling from somewhere

what do you mean leon, he does not know brera

your theory of brera is very wrong.

i dun know where you come out with such an idea. really crazy.

We don't know if Leon knows Brera so don't jump the gun. He seemed perfectly aware of the VF-27 and wanted it covered up. As I said earlier I am thinking he could be a mole from Galaxy if that civil war theory comes true.

That's just lighting and holligrams, you know makes it look more open, you know like Sheryl ;) Makes me think the 27 is built under the 21 idea stream. And the guy Leon's talking to sounds way different than Brera has. The only link I can see is that Leon said to watch her and there he is, but he could have been looking for her before that.

destroy some small varja and save alto in the end

I don't know where you get this idea. The only Vajra that Brera destroyed were shot up before Altoh entered the Vajra ship. And Brera didn't help Altoh at all. He hid until Altoh started to act to free Luca, and then destroyed the gunpod that Altoh was using. Brera didn't do a single thing to help Altoh or Luca, and the scene suggests that he actually acted to keep Altoh and Luca from escaping.

"Not shooting Altoh while Altoh fights the Vajra" does not equal "Helped Altoh".

they should court martial the deserter and shot and throw into the recycle water thingy.

We don't know why the two ships left the Galaxy fleet. It's too early to start threatening horrible punishments since we don't know why they were on their own. It's entirely possible that the Galaxy fleet realized that a message would have trouble getting through due to the fold distortion (Grace mentions that she's surprised that Frontier is able to keep a real time link to the battle in episode 7, which suggests that its comm gear is better than Galaxy's; and if Frontier had trouble getting the message from Galaxy, then it's possible that Galaxy doesn't think that the distress call was received), and ordered the two ships to go for help.

It's also possible that the command crew was killed in the fighting. Leon mentions that it was odd that the Dulfim left at the start of the fight, which suggests that he doesn't know why it departed. That's the sort of answer that the Captain should be able to answer. It's possible that crew casualties included the command crew of the ship, and command devolved to a lower ranking officer working from an auxiliary control station.

What did Leon mean when he said V-TYPE INFECTION? Why were the Dulfim crew members quarantined...?

My thought was that Leon just wanted an excuse to keep the crew of the Dulfim sequestered and unavailable for anyone who might have questions for them. It's clear that Leon's slimy and in up to his eyeballs in whatever is going on. If he thinks that there's a possibility that a member of the Dulfim's crew knows something critical, then it would be in his best interests to keep the crew away from anyone and everyone who could interfere with whatever he's doing. So until he knows for certain, the Dulfim will stay quarantined. And if anyone DOES know anything, then that individual will just happen to end up flagged as infected...

That doesn't mean that there isn't actually an infection threat, of course.

Something that occurred to me...

I wonder if, just to add to the wacky hijinx at Mihoshi High (I always wonder if there's a reason that the school shares the name of a character from Tenchi Muyo), Klan Klan is going to sign on as a flight instructor?

I think I'd pay money to see the look on Mikhail's face when he walked into his "classroom" (or however the flight program works) and saw micronized Klan Klan in the teacher's spot.

We don't know why the two ships left the Galaxy fleet. It's too early to start threatening horrible punishments since we don't know why they were on their own. It's entirely possible that the Galaxy fleet realized that a message would have trouble getting through due to the fold distortion (Grace mentions that she's surprised that Frontier is able to keep a real time link to the battle in episode 7, which suggests that its comm gear is better than Galaxy's; and if Frontier had trouble getting the message from Galaxy, then it's possible that Galaxy doesn't think that the distress call was received), and ordered the two ships to go for help.

It's also possible that the command crew was killed in the fighting. Leon mentions that it was odd that the Dulfim left at the start of the fight, which suggests that he doesn't know why it departed. That's the sort of answer that the Captain should be able to answer. It's possible that crew casualties included the command crew of the ship, and command devolved to a lower ranking officer working from an auxiliary control station.

The translation I saw said "It seems the Dulfim crew withdrew immediately after the galaxy fleet was attacked by the Vajra," followed by "in the end, the whereabouts of the galaxy fleet is unkown." That wording implies to me that they bugged out to save themselves, and weren't going to stick around to see if the civillians made it out safely.

The translation I saw said "It seems the Dulfim crew withdrew immediately after the galaxy fleet was attacked by the Vajra," followed by "in the end, the whereabouts of the galaxy fleet is unkown." That wording implies to me that they bugged out to save themselves, and weren't going to stick around to see if the civillians made it out safely.

I had the same translation. But the impression that I got was that there was some confusion as to why the Dulfim left the Galaxy fleet. If the Dulfim had been under orders to go for help but the command crew of the ship had been killed in the fighting (say the Vajra hit the bridge), then this would explain it. Given the number of Vajra that evidently arrived (apparently enough to pose a serious threat to the Galaxy fleet as a whole), the two ships would have been dispatched for help immediately if that were the intent instead of waiting around for the situation to develop.

There's also the alternate "information gathering" theory that I suggested in the episode 7 thread which would also fit with the two ships being ordered to leave immediately without even the command crews knowing the real reason why they were ordered to depart (since they were basically being set up by their superiors). But there's a lot of speculation in that post of mine. The important thing is that there are reasons why the ships might have left immediately while under orders.

The key for me is that there's no actual mention of cowardice on the part of the two ships. So we don't know for certain that they actually ran away.

But if she didn't know him, wouldn't she have said, "Anata wa?" Even with a question mark, just "Anata?" makes it sound like they've met before.

HUH? How do you figure?

Because when ranka moves into nanase's school, and ranka holds her hand, nanase blushes like a schoolgirl with a crush. :)

I'm not too serious about pointing this out. In anime, i don't think blushing when being touched by a fellow female is not that much of an extraordinary event. but with all the ranka and (specially) nanase fanboys here, i had expected someone to point it out much earlier. and with screencaps to boot. ;)

anyways... poor luca. nanase's got eyes only for the green-haired chick. :p

(wow, my reply is so late. i just stay inactive for 2 days, and 10 pages pass by already???)

Edited by dreamweaver13

Something that occurred to me...

I wonder if, just to add to the wacky hijinx at Mihoshi High (I always wonder if there's a reason that the school shares the name of a character from Tenchi Muyo), Klan Klan is going to sign on as a flight instructor?

I think I'd pay money to see the look on Mikhail's face when he walked into his "classroom" (or however the flight program works) and saw micronized Klan Klan in the teacher's spot.

haha. i wouldn't be surprised! next episode is gonna be a mikhail/klan klan episode, so why not? :)

and the first thing she asks to the class is if they know that sheryl has a habit of writing songs on giant panties! :D

your are fans of nanase

of course you think she is perfect

but you notice, everytime she argue with people

she end up being very shy

once with michel

another with sheryl

sheryl easily brush off her verbal attack and turn the topic from ranka, back to her and even ranka ask if she like princess.

is that bad enough, when you best friend ask if you love her dream guy,

yes i like gals with big booby , but in frontier, there are lots of gals with big booby, sheryl, klein klan and the other sms gals.

That still doesn't explain why you think the fact that she has glasses means she's dumb. And shyness is kind of cute, don't you think?

Because when ranka moves into nanase's school, and ranka holds her hand, nanase blushes like a schoolgirl with a crush. :)

I'm not too serious about pointing this out. In anime, i don't think blushing when being touched by a fellow female is not that much of an extraordinary event. but with all the ranka and (specially) nanase fanboys here, i had expected someone to point it out much earlier. and with screencaps to boot. ;)

anyways... poor luca. nanase's got eyes only for the green-haired chick. :p

(wow, my reply is so late. i just stay inactive for 2 days, and 10 pages pass by already???)

Yeah...I think it had more to do with what she was saying, but I can't remember what it was she said exactly...

My thought was that Leon just wanted an excuse to keep the crew of the Dulfim sequestered and unavailable for anyone who might have questions for them. It's clear that Leon's slimy and in up to his eyeballs in whatever is going on. If he thinks that there's a possibility that a member of the Dulfim's crew knows something critical, then it would be in his best interests to keep the crew away from anyone and everyone who could interfere with whatever he's doing. So until he knows for certain, the Dulfim will stay quarantined. And if anyone DOES know anything, then that individual will just happen to end up flagged as infected...

Leon is a Cylon. I know it. :ph34r:

That still doesn't explain why you think the fact that she has glasses means she's dumb. And shyness is kind of cute, don't you think?

Yeah...I think it had more to do with what she was saying, but I can't remember what it was she said exactly...

nah, i think she would have blushed regardless of what ranka was saying. ranka was sayings something about being always together (or something like that, but i likewise don't remember exactly). basically something very innocent. from the impression i got, she blushed the moment ranka touched her hand. :)

it would also explain why she was so flustered when sheryl confronted her about having feelings for alto. i don't think she reacted because sheryl got it right, but rather because the truth was far more embarassing. :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

nah, i think she would have blushed regardless of what ranka was saying. ranka was sayings something about being always together (or something like that, but i likewise don't rememebr exactly). basically something very innocent. from the impression i got, she blushed the moment ranka touched her hand. :)

it was also explain why she was so flustered when sheryl confronted her about having feelings for alto. i don't think she reacted because sheryl got it right, but rather because the truth was far more embarassing. :p

Since I couldn't remember what Ranka said, I'll defer to you.

So perhaps Luca is REALLY barking up the wrong tree, eh...?

Anyone noticed when VF-27 was folding "back", a close-up view of the fighter showed that the cockpit seems to glow a bit? I think the pilot is definitely in the plane instead of remotely controlling it. I think a few threads in Ep. 7 showed the markings of whether it has NUNS and Galaxy insignia, perhaps someone can confirm this? :ph34r:

Anyone noticed when VF-27 was folding "back", a close-up view of the fighter showed that the cockpit seems to glow a bit? I think the pilot is definitely in the plane instead of remotely controlling it. I think a few threads in Ep. 7 showed the markings of whether it has NUNS and Galaxy insignia, perhaps someone can confirm this? :ph34r:

This was already brought up and confirmed a few pages back (scroll down a bit).

Edited by d3v

This was already brought up and confirmed a few pages back (scroll down a bit).

Thanks, perhaps I wasn't clear in my explanation. I meant that the threads discussed in Ep. 7 regarding the logos on VF-27, and if I remember correctly, before the screen showed Brera in the cockpit with all the fancy lights, I remembered that the cockpit had a little glow outside! Just want to confirm that this true and perhaps we can be certain that the pilot sits inside rather than outside. :rolleyes:

This is a personal opinion, but while I could see that shyness as "cute", I also see it as a sign of weakness. Plus, I never thought that Nanase was shy - I rather thought that she just doesn't have uh, the street smarts to outwit the person she's talking to. That's all. :p

This is a personal opinion, but while I could see that shyness as "cute", I also see it as a sign of weakness. Plus, I never thought that Nanase was shy - I rather thought that she just doesn't have uh, the street smarts to outwit the person she's talking to. That's all. :p

Nanase's character profile states that she is a shy girl. :mellow:

Is being outspoken a sign of strength? it can also be seen as a sign of weakness... in controlling one's mouth. :ph34r:

Edited by Shun

I didn't see it as a waste at all. More good setup for a relationship between Alto & Sheryl. Hell, the more screen time she gets, the more I like Sheryl, at at this piont, hope she's the girl Alto ends up with. It'd be nice if they did a Sheryl suedo retire/hang out with Alto, as Ranka gears up to go on tour & be the next big idol type deal.

I also got the feeling that Ranka recognized Brera.

I think it's more along the lines that Ranka recognized that Brera was playing the exact same tune she was singing.

Nanase's character profile states that she is a shy girl. :mellow:

Is being outspoken a sign of strength? it can also be seen as a sign of weakness... in controlling one's mouth. :ph34r:

It seems like you mention being outspoken as being the opposite of shyness, is that correct? Being outspoken is not the only opposite of shyness, just as hate is not the only opposite of love. If you don't love a person, that doesn't mean you hate him/her. It could be apathy. Likewise, people who are not shy are not always outspoken. If you're not shy, it may just be that you can talk or put yourself forward when necessary.

Both rashness and shyness are not characteristics that I value.