Name the VF-27...

Hmm, something sword related then. We already have the VF-9 Cutlass and the aforementioned VF-19 Excalibur, how about a name relating to the size of its weapon, say VF-27 Longsword or VF-27 Zweihander?

VF-27 Claymore

VF-27 Bastard sword :ph34r:

VF-27 Pike (Well, the gun is rather long and not very well suited for close combat. What with all the nuking cappabilities it has. Besides the fish is very fast predator aswell.)

• 1 month later...

It's benn more than a month since the last reply... Well, I was thinking about the name Dragonfly II, but now Iim thinking about another name: Swordfish III... Watch the pictures:

swordfishii.gif

vf-27-fighter.jpg

Well, I found some simmilar things (like the big gun under the nose)...

VF-27 Prophet

It would hold a double meaning for the Galaxy. Being a corporate venture and orginally developing the VF-27 for sale to the NUNS and others private military contractors for profit. As part of Grace and the others' plot of galactic revolution it would be their prophet. It also holds similar with the naming of the VF-25 the Messiah.

• 2 months later...
A Japanese wiki for Macross Ace Frontier gave a nickname for the VF-27:

VF-27 Lucifer

It fits (Messiah VS Lucifer), but it's only a wiki, and of a tie-in game, so take it with a grain of salt.

Kinda like mine... VF-27 Slayer (which fits more with the "Xiao Pai Long" reference...), hehehe... ^_^

Lucifer fits a lot with the valk's look though... <_<

By the way, the VF-171 is called Nightmare Plus.

FV

Whoa... This means the VF-171EX is called Nightmare Plus EX?

:blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Kinda like mine... VF-27 Slayer (which fits more with the "Xiao Pai Long" reference...), hehehe... ^_^

Lucifer fits a lot with the valk's look though... <_<

Yep and a red one with yellow lightning stripes, is the Nightmare Plus EX Kai.... :lol:

Just hope it's not called Nightmare Plus Plus

VF-27 "Pink in the Day, Purple at Night" :ph34r:

Isn't it strange that there's no official name for the VF-27 yet? Does any of the Valkyire in Macross history that doesn't has a name yet too?

A Japanese wiki for Macross Ace Frontier gave a nickname for the VF-27:

VF-27 Lucifer

It fits (Messiah VS Lucifer), but it's only a wiki, and of a tie-in game, so take it with a grain of salt.

By the way, the VF-171 is called Nightmare Plus.

FV

I kinda like it actually.

Its a turnabout on the Lucifer story. This Lucifer went from bad to good... ^_^

VF-27 Spirit

It can be used unmanned or with the cyborg inside it. Something between a ghost drone (dead) and valk(alive). It's not a ghost, but not the same as normal manned machine. It may be a living person controlling it seperate from ghosts. (since borg isn't completely non-human) So it's a living person's spirit. You could say that it is possessed. Didn't they call the valks evil spirits in macross zero or something? It's a Kadun!! I could be wrong and that is something completely different though. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

In order of descending obsurdity:

VF-27 Zephyr

Dragoon

Murasaki (Purple) or Inazuma (lightning bolt)

Slippery Weasel

FAST packs? We don't need no stinking FAST packs!

Andf if you want to name it after a sword: VF-27 Schiavona.

Edited by Kai

Yep and a red one with yellow lightning stripes, is the Nightmare Plus EX Kai.... :lol:

in the real world the designation suffix "kai" means "extra" or "augmented" (i.e. VF-4EJ Kai)

maybe the VF-171EX is actually "Nightmare+ kai"?!?

in the real world the designation suffix "kai" means "extra" or "augmented" (i.e. VF-4EJ Kai)

maybe the VF-171EX is actually "Nightmare+ kai"?!?

Nah, it's pilot'll probably just end up calling it a Fire Valkyrie. Although, methinks he'd prefer a red with yellow lightning striped VF-25 complete with those speakers Michel was carrying in episode 12.

VF-27 Nemesis.........

ok... how about: Hellkite...Flash...Lightning II...Fury...Assassin...Dark Schneider...Soul Crusher...

(runs off to look for old trusty Monster Manual)

Asmodeus...Mephisto...Baalzebul...Levistus...Orcus...Demogorgon...Pazuzu...Graz'zt...Bahamut...Fiend...Tiamat...Chronepsis...Tarrasque...Spectre...Wraith...

or Super-Mega-Ultra-Agile-Valk-That-Only-Cyborgs-Can-Pilot......err, well, I think that's it can't think of anymore. :lol:

since we're all on the religious theme why not some "demon" names from the Emily Rose movie:

VF-27 Nero

VF-27 Legion

VF-27 Cain

VF-27 Belial

VF-27 Judas

and of couse VF-27 Lucifer....but was stated earlier......I like Nero or Legion

OR.....VF-27 C.R.A.P.O for Cybornetic Retarded ASS-1 Pilots Only!

Edited by daflip702

VF-27 Shao Pai Long

OK then ; VF-27 LET'S GO

To the daybreak when I watched it in the dream that might keep on being in sight

It is longer

If there is the love that will become MAYBE somehow; even as for when

It is the thing that is simple if I hear my song [listEN TO MY SONG]ï¼»IT'S SO EASYï¼½

To let two heart cross

★ Put love heart thought to burn to run in a night sky, and shoot it down, and love heart takes straight sorrow and hatred on your chest; and is charge love heart to the distance of Destiny hundreds of millions of light-year

If the LET'S DANCE stars wave a singing wing to be able to lengthen for an instant; ROCK WITH ME

Because I graze BABY what, do not separate the hand

I hear my song [listEN TO MY SONG] and do appearance of power [iT'S SO EASY] and must not give up till the last

☆ Overflow the telepathy that I draw a love heart downright trace to run by tomorrow and scatter the palpitation and a smile, and a love heart spark seems to be scattered to in all hearts, yearning is streamline charge love heart

Try to beat that now. :ph34r:

Edited by Macross007