Heroes (thread #2)

the end seemed like a tablespoon of Con Air mixed with a teaspoon of LOST.

Now that Bryan Fuller is back on the writing team (R.I.P. Pushing Daisies, I will mourn the passing of the great show you were) hopefully he can pull this show out it's nosedive (sheesh, literally).

I hear his writing doesn't kick in until the 5th episode or so though.

the end seemed like a tablespoon of Con Air mixed with a teaspoon of LOST.

Now that Bryan Fuller is back on the writing team (R.I.P. Pushing Daisies, I will mourn the passing of the great show you were) hopefully he can pull this show out it's nosedive (sheesh, literally).

I hear his writing doesn't kick in until the 5th episode or so though.

Unfortunately, Bryan's contributions won't be made until the end of the season. When he was signed back on (Damn ABC for killing Pushing Daisies), the current writers already mapped out to episode 20. I have a feeling we won't see his full participation until next season.

I haven't seen this episode yet and what I wrote isn't a spoiler. It's what's been revealed before the winter hiatus so I don't know what your problem is.

It's not directed negatively at you. I was trying to state that just three hours after you stated that Heroes proved you wrong. Seems like more of the same bull I don't wanna see.

I couldn't understand how Clarie could unmasked all the right people on the plane. She didn't once unmask some dude she didn't know.

Plot convenience. She also unmasked them in the order she needed. Just as conveniently, HRG is now a (co)pilot, and on THAT plane!

And I must say I thought it ironic (and disappointing) that we saw Sylar only 5-10 mins into the show, and I immediately thought back to what DA wrote.

She unmasked some girl that she/we don't know.

From what i remember the only girl she umasked was Tracy Strauss. Unless I missed something else.

She unmasked a few no-names after Peter told her to free them all.

Still annoyed that Sylar is already back. C'mon, you could have done the Sylar story with just fleeting glimpses of the past people in his life having their lives disrupted without showing Sylars face until a few episodes in.....but then again Loeb and Alexander haven't really written a good story in awhile anyways.

Peter and Hiro lost their powers in Villains to dear old dead daddy Petrelli. Peter unfortunately had appeared to regain his power in the last episode of Villains. Well in Mondays episode from what we've seen I don't think he has his original power back. He told Nathan that he could only fly. It looks to me as if he only retains the power of the last person he's touched now.

He touched Mohinder, became the Hulk.

He got punched down by that soldier and touched Tracy gaining her power but when he hit the soldier he hurt his hand and the soldier didn't budge.

Why didn't he let go of the webbing if he could fly?

She unmasked a few no-names after Peter told her to free them all.

Still annoyed that Sylar is already back. C'mon, you could have done the Sylar story with just fleeting glimpses of the past people in his life having their lives disrupted without showing Sylars face until a few episodes in.....but then again Loeb and Alexander haven't really written a good story in awhile anyways.

Peter and Hiro lost their powers in Villains to dear old dead daddy Petrelli. Peter unfortunately had appeared to regain his power in the last episode of Villains. Well in Mondays episode from what we've seen I don't think he has his original power back. He told Nathan that he could only fly. It looks to me as if he only retains the power of the last person he's touched now.

He got punched down by that soldier and touched Tracy gaining her power but when he hit the soldier he hurt his hand and the soldier didn't budge.

ok, what I don't get is how Sylar got away from the building that burned down. If he was stabbed in the back of the head and was incapacitated so how was he able to get out of that? When Peter and Claire were both stabbed in the back of the head, they were out until someone pulled out the object. So they gotta explain how he got out. And another thing, I read this news article: Heroe's Article and it says both Loeb and Alexander were fired. So are they still on the show or what? :huh:

Seems inconsistent IMO. Last episode of Villains, Peter never touched Nathan before he flew into him. We assumed he got his auto absorbing power power back. But in this episode he has to touch the person to get the power and seem to be able to have one at a time. I was asking why he didn't just let go too but I think he can't fly now that he has Tracey's power.

And another thing, I read this news article: Heroe's Article and it says both Loeb and Alexander were fired. So are they still on the show or what? :huh:

Well, when your fired, you're usually not welcomed back. They were let go shortly after the mid-season finale was finished in production.

I'm losing hope that this show will ever return to it's former greatness

I feel like tonight's episode Humped the Shark.

Yes Humped....didn't even try jumping, just said screw it, gonna die anyway might as well try to F this shark

I'll continue watching since Sarah Connor Chronicles moved to Friday and I have nothing else to watch on Mondays, but man....

I don't think there are any characters I like or care about anymore. Oh Sylar has a sidekick now, whoop de doo

The only one who seems to know how to use their powers in a fight is Sylar. Parkman finally learned to do something useful by making the agents kill each other. The others need to learn how to fight cuz this is boring. I'm at a point now where I'll watch it but if I miss an episode I'm not gonna make a effort to watch it on Hulu the day or week after.

ugh. I'm not feelin this season at all. I liked it when peter had his powers. Now he has that one at a time touch power. That's lame. And since when did Sylar turn into a shrink? That was pretty lame too! damn it heroes! what's going on!?!? <_<:angry:

Considering how much bitching is going on about the current season, I wonder how much of these episodes you are complaining about were written by the previous team which got fired. Have we hit the new writers' episodes yet? And personally, I don't mind the show. Other than Battlestar Galactica and a few other shows, Heroes is still better than a lot of crap out there.

Finally got around to watching Mondays episode. Ha.

Glad they finally admitted to depowering Peter from SpongeBob Superman to a more limited power. Character progression seems better so I'm okay with this season so far. Now why would Claire be using a Samsung Instinct? She's got money she should be using a BlackBerry or iPhone. That makes no fashion sense whatsoever! Pink phone does NOT go with orange jumpsuit! Worse show ever!!

Despite some complaints I'm glad it's still on because otherwise there'd probably be another damn reality show in its timeslot.

Now why would Claire be using a Samsung Instinct? She's got money she should be using a BlackBerry or iPhone. That makes no fashion sense whatsoever! Pink phone does NOT go with orange jumpsuit!

It's dictated by whoever's paying for that orange jumpsuit. :p

it's ok. i'll still watch it, because it's still enjoyable. but everytime i watch the show, i always feel this regret at how much potential this show has, and how much the writers are still holding back. i mean, COME ON, it's been 3 volumes already, but these heroes still don't have direction. they still want to stay normal, they're still in denial of their powers, they still don't know how to use them properly. it's frickin volume 4 already, what's the point in holding back? it's time for a good old-fashioned super hero team up dammit! and with ando there, for chrissakes, supercharge everyone's power and attack.

but sadly, that didn't happen. our heroes are still lost little children with no backbone even after saving the world (in their own little ways) twice over.

but as i said, i'm still watching the show, and hoping that it gets better, and the writers get some backbone to go all out.

• 3 weeks later...
Dang, no posts for 2 weeks? Last week was much better than most. (More HRG=better ep).

Anyone else get weird audio for first half of this week's ep? Couldn't hear dialogue over music.

looks like most are now just coasting along. still watching the series just in case something interesting happens, but not really hoping for much. and sadly, this is being reflected in the way we post in this thread.

Dang, no posts for 2 weeks? Last week was much better than most. (More HRG=better ep).

Anyone else get weird audio for first half of this week's ep? Couldn't hear dialogue over music.

No.

And now they're promoting some of the Heroes' people's new show Kings. Which leads me to believe they don't even care about how Heroes is doing.

So can peter have more than one ability at a time now or what?

I swear that after he

read Bennet's mind, got sniped, he fell off the building and then flew away

Yet, in the next scene he absorbs

Nathans

powers again when

they hug.

wtf

Yupe, one at a time.

Peter fell off the building and Nathan grabs him and flew off. Peter didn't flew off by himself.

Seems that Peter's power is not passive, he have to "use" his power while touching others to have their power.

No Hiro and Ando for 2 Episodes. :mellow:

Is Rebel Niki's son? Can't spell his name.

Micah. He might be. He's a boy genius that can talk to computers after all.

Yup, also what i've been thinking since those text messages started coming in. the other one who could have fit the bill was that soldier girl who could intercept signals (what's her name again?). but she was killed off-screen (or in-comics, to be more precise).

but then again, if she's still alive as an eternal signal traversing the SMS waves...

Micah. He might be. He's a boy genius that can talk to computers after all.

I thinking it is mother Patrelly (I cant spell it) is rebel maybe using Micah for his hacking ability. Mother patrelli and Noah are working together to thwart Nathans stupid plan. When Petter and Mat were trying to find speedsters location Noah was in the same room with the ass(g-man) and Nathan. Noah could not access a computer, and Micah probably does not have the knowledge of the company's files because I don't remember a lot of computers at Prima tech, and he has never been to any of the prima tech facilities. Micah could not have acquired any of the companies records of the special people necessary to track down and help them with out Noah or mother patrelly's help.

Edited by miles316

Yup, also what i've been thinking since those text messages started coming in. the other one who could have fit the bill was that soldier girl who could intercept signals (what's her name again?). but she was killed off-screen (or in-comics, to be more precise).

but then again, if she's still alive as an eternal signal traversing the SMS waves...

Are you talking about during the shows commercials they show some girl and say she survived Pinehurst? Is she that the girl your are talking about.