Heroes (thread #2)

Ok, how did future Claire kill future Peter by shooting him? Does he not have her healing power also? He should not be able to be killed, like her and Sylar. How would he have a scar for that matter, it should heal.

And why is current Peter so lame? During that showdown in Sylar's house all he needed to do was stop time. That would have frozen everyone except the speed chick and even she would only be moving at regular speeds, easy to take out. Of course he would have her speed power as soon as she came near him anyway. Bad writing.

Well if there's significant damage to the head he can't heal. With Claire you have to go full-Highlander. And Peter was always lame. Always.

True, but current Peter uses Hiro's powers quite often and even does so in the very next scene, so he appears to be proficient with them.

Actually a good point about Current Peter was brought up at 9th Wonders. Current Peter has used Hiro's Power to teleport and time travel, can't argue that. What they haven't shown him doing is using it to freeze time the way Hiro does. Maybe he doesn't have the control to do that yet.

The only way I could see Claire's shooting him be fatal (at least temporarily) would be if she shot him in the head and left the bullets in the brain. Kind of the same way the splinter in her head kept her dead until it was removed. But it was clear that she had shot him in the chest. And considering she once came back to life while being half dissected on an autopsy table, a chest wound should not keep him down.

But Claire's power through all that was never impeded by the Haitian. It was always working to restore her body. Peters' was impeded by the Haitian guy after he was shot. Would that make a difference, I dont' know. All I know is they finally had the guts to do what some viewers wanted, Kill Peter. Too bad it was Future Peter and not current Peter.

I also wondered why future Peter has a scar and how he can die.

The future Peter has a scar simply because we, the audience needs to know which is the present Peter and which is the future Peter. ^_^ Future Claire did clarify that future Peter was just "dead" temporarily due to the Haitian is still around which makes Peter unable to heal.

Also why is it that every time the victim knocks out a bad guy, they run away? Especially with someone like Sylar. The hero always makes the mistake of not finishing the job. 1) Mohinder not grabbing the gun and shooting Sylar in the head when he was knocked out after he killed Peter. 2) Hiro and Claire not cutting off/ stab his head. 3) Noah not shooting him in the head. WTF is wrong with them?

Because if they did, we might not even have S2.

Sylar wanted to have all that power to satisfy his "hunger" so he killed. Peter doesn't need to kill to obtain power so why would Peter need to cut Nathan's head open?

Peter doesn't have full control over the abilities that he have aborbed, thus to fully satisfy the Hunger, I guess he have to fully understand how each ability works.

Edited by Repiv_Onex

• 2 weeks later...

This season has just been too outrageous. Mind you not bad like season 2 but rather just simply stretching believability beyond its limits. It feels like the writers are always trying to one up what came before instead of focusing on quality stories that made season 1 phenomenal. I still rate "Company Man" one of television's finest hour. None of the characters are very compelling anymore.

I think I've given up on the show. I have the last 2 episodes on my DVR but I haven't watched them yet and probably won't. I really can not explain why...but I'm just not into it anymore....I guess it's all the hype or something. It just feels to me like what happened with me and ER, I just realised I really didn't like any of the characters all that much and just got really tired of the same old poo in a different package. Peter in the future always seems to be considered a bad guy and yet current Peter is a wuss. The future is horrible yaddi yaddi yadda. I just don't know, but I've lost interest.

Chris

I think I've given up on the show. I have the last 2 episodes on my DVR but I haven't watched them yet and probably won't. I really can not explain why...but I'm just not into it anymore....I guess it's all the hype or something. It just feels to me like what happened with me and ER, I just realised I really didn't like any of the characters all that much and just got really tired of the same old poo in a different package. Peter in the future always seems to be considered a bad guy and yet current Peter is a wuss. The future is horrible yaddi yaddi yadda. I just don't know, but I've lost interest.

I haven't quite given up on it, but my interest in the show is waning. I wasn't really paying attention to it on last night's episode. I was kinda listening but my eyes were not focused on the TV. The thrill is gone, IMHO.

Yup---he was most interesting in the very first few eps, now he's back to that, more or less.

Now, a general question about Mohinder----have we seen any other abilities that cause a notable "inhuman" physical change etc? So far I think (even in the graphic novels) all powers still are "purely powers" and everyone still looks completely human. But now we have a more X-Men-esque physical mutation. One-off due to being formula-induced, or part of the power itself, or what? We're one step away from blue skin characters. (the most common physical mutation I think in the X-verse at least)

If they make Papa Petrelli into a mastermind villain that will survive the season I will be happy. He's already plus one for what he did in this episode.

On one hand I'm happy that he wiped out

"superman" Peter

in one move. On another I'm not that that guy now isn't on the side of the devils so that the "Heroes" can pound the crap out of him.

This season they promised us fights and it looks like they're trying to deliver. Heroes = Drama with special abilities. I hope they don't forget that by going too over the top with the fights.

This is probably because we're use to the characters now.

I don't think so. I think it is that the development of the characters either went extreme or didn't happen at all. HRG is OCD guy bent on protecting his family, even though he's failed and driving them apart, instead of the cool calm agent. Claire is this vindictive b**** in stead of the sweet girl she was. Hiro is an idiot instead of having learned anything from his experiences. I hate him so much for his stupidity. On the other hand characters like Peter and Nathan have had very little development and pretty much are how they were at the beginning of the show.

The focus on powers is the other thing about this show that is making it boring. They need to focus on the interaction between the characters with the powers incidental to the story. What was the tag line again: "Ordinary people discovering extraordinary abilities" or something like that?

Lastly, the powers no longer seem like they are innate in the characters. If the powers are genetically encoded as implied, Pa Petrelli can't "steal" them from you. He could be like Peter and mimic them, or the Haitian and suppress them, but not outright steal them. It seems now that the powers are more like trading cards. Got to collect them all. I was annoyed that Peter got to keep all of his mimicked powers. Sylar should have been the only one to do that, and he should have stayed a villain. His power would have made sense that he could permanently acquire multiple abilities. Lastly he should only be able to use one ability at a time. It's not like our genetic code is infinite. He'd would have had to use the specific sequence that gave that ability and only that sequence.

vinnie

• 2 weeks later...

That's too bad because I thought tonight's episode was probably the best one this season, but then again I like flashback episodes.

Especially ones that take you back to the first season and show you different perspectives, although now I want to go back and watch some of Season 1 to see where Arthur Petrelli at the hospital and the Sylar/Elle scenes would have been inserted if it was in chronological order. IIRC we only heard reference to but never saw Papa Patrellie until this season. The whole train on fire with Claire running in was a nice touch.

From reading the synopsis of the 3 upcoming episodes, it sounds like there's some good storypoints coming up. If they can sustain the same caliber of writing as this last episode I'll be pleased.

For any fellow Robot Chicken fans, apparently Seth Green and Breckin Meyer are gonna be guest stars in an upcoming Episode :lol:

I also read that the show might be pursuing some prolific comic book writers like Warren Ellis, Mark Millar and Grant Morrison

Also, regarding my complaint of them reusing powers, I was glad to see that they tied the two pyrokinetics (Claires biological mom and the Level 5 guy) together as siblings.

Edited by chowyunskinny

From a NY Times article, they were working on episodes for the last half of the season so we won't see much till then. There's also talk of getting Bryan Fuller back provided "Pushing Daisies" doesn't get picked up for the full season (which is heading to a solid "Yes" right now).

From a NY Times article, they were working on episodes for the last half of the season so we won't see much till then. There's also talk of getting Bryan Fuller back provided "Pushing Daisies" doesn't get picked up for the full season (which is heading to a solid "Yes" right now).

I read that as well about Bryan Fuller and it's bittersweet news for me because I love Pushing Daisies. Maybe if it gets cancelled they can bring Anna Friel and Lee Pace onto Heroes. Perhaps Lee Pace could be a hero with the power to resurrect Dead People :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

That's too bad because I thought tonight's episode was probably the best one this season, but then again I like flashback episodes.

Especially ones that take you back to the first season and show you different perspectives, although now I want to go back and watch some of Season 1 to see where Arthur Petrelli at the hospital and the Sylar/Elle scenes would have been inserted if it was in chronological order. IIRC we only heard reference to but never saw Papa Patrellie until this season. The whole train on fire with Claire running in was a nice touch.

From reading the synopsis of the 3 upcoming episodes, it sounds like there's some good storypoints coming up. If they can sustain the same caliber of writing as this last episode I'll be pleased.

For any fellow Robot Chicken fans, apparently Seth Green and Breckin Meyer are gonna be guest stars in an upcoming Episode :lol:

I also read that the show might be pursuing some prolific comic book writers like Warren Ellis, Mark Millar and Grant Morrison

Also, regarding my complaint of them reusing powers, I was glad to see that they tied the two pyrokinetics (Claires biological mom and the Level 5 guy) together as siblings.

I think I saw the episode totally opposite than you. I didn't like how they tried to add to Sylar being a goodguy; total bs. Same with Linderman, having to be a knocked down a peg to make Arthur look more menacing. Made his wife seem like a ditz too instead of someone with a motive. And making the two firepeople related? Geez does everyone have to be connected?

This is going to be the last season I follow this show if this keeps up.

I still watch it, but it doesn't have the punch it did the first season. I think they are trying too hard to make Arthur badass. The villain that you are afraid of are the ones whom you don't know. That was why Sylar was such a great villain the first season. We know too much about Arthur that it takes the menace out of him. They seriously NEED to kill of all characters with multiple powers.

Can't believe they allowed Sylar to have empathic mimicry. And he is back next season. Lame.

vinnie

Ouch, no comment at all? (I only just tonight realized I missed the new ep, and just watched it at NBC.com)

I still watch it, but it doesn't have the punch it did the first season. I think they are trying too hard to make Arthur badass. The villain that you are afraid of are the ones whom you don't know. That was why Sylar was such a great villain the first season. We know too much about Arthur that it takes the menace out of him. They seriously NEED to kill of all characters with multiple powers.

Can't believe they allowed Sylar to have empathic mimicry. And he is back next season. Lame.

Arthur feels like a Bond-villian. The big-man in charge of an organization out there to change the world. They treated Sylar as a serial killer in season 1. Adam was the bad-guy with who was wronged and out to make everybody pay in season 2.

vinnie

well from the looks of the next episode, the eclipse is going to take away their powers just as it gave it to them in season 1. So maybe this is going to be a "reset" of all their abilities. And this is probably how Peter gets his scar in the future. I don't know, I kinda like Sylar as a good guy for once. He is obviously going to be good for the next four years as we saw in the future with his kid.

vinnie

Like I said before, I think Sylar's ability can be described as super-engineering, where he can fix things, learn powers, or even improve powers. He just always resorted to a macabre way to do the last two. Peter can absorb others powers naturally, but he uses empathy to summon them up the first few times. That's how he healed the first time. He was able to use Sylar's stolen abilities with varying degrees of sucess, but the only way he connected his core ability to was killing, so he became violent afterwards.

But yeah those losers need to die.

Like I said before, I think Sylar's ability can be described as super-engineering, where he can fix things, learn powers, or even improve powers. He just always resorted to a macabre way to do the last two. Peter can absorb others powers naturally, but he uses empathy to summon them up the first few times. That's how he healed the first time. He was able to use Sylar's stolen abilities with varying degrees of sucess, but the only way he connected his core ability to was killing, so he became violent afterwards.

But yeah those losers need to die.

wait, what are you talking about when Peter healed the first time? In season 1 or currently?

• 2 months later...

Oh I care. In this chapter they don't have to do any cleanup for the mess for chapter 2 unlike in chapter 3. Two writers are gone and replaced with a hopefully better one. .... and Sylar isn't a freaking Petrelli, thank god. Actually maybe they'll keep him OFF the show for abit instead of bringing him immediately back. Here's hoping for better writing this time.

Oh and Chuck, which comes before Heroes, is starting up again too.

Oh I care. In this chapter they don't have to do any cleanup for the mess for chapter 2 unlike in chapter 3. Two writers are gone and replaced with a hopefully better one. .... and Sylar isn't a freaking Petrelli, thank god. Actually maybe they'll keep him OFF the show for abit instead of bringing him immediately back. Here's hoping for better writing this time.

Oh and Chuck, which comes before Heroes, is starting up again too.

I see you said this before the show. <_<

I just don't see myself watching this anymore.