Heroes (thread #2)

I just watched the ending, and I actually liked it! i think the new writing team brought the series back into a direction that i'm excited about. The twist at the end, i found that it was a very brave thing to do for the writers. at least we could admit that it was nothing anyone expected or could have predicted. If just for that, i think the writers did a good job. amazing set-up for the next volume, and IMHO a brilliant way to keep BOTH the sylar and nathan characters in the series, and both relevant. hey, it's way WAY better than another cop-out "oh wait we have claire's blood, we can use it again to save nathan!".

other things i liked:

- The explanation of why Angela shoplifts socks. what a subtle yet wonderful touch, going back to the very first (or second?) episode. wow. i like how they went that far back, it shows that at least the writing staff is trying to see the big picture.

- the power downgrades. no more teleporting for hiro, no more demigod powers for peter. makes for more interesting conflicts later on. (although, right now, if I were Peter, i WOULDN'T touch another superhero ever again!! imagine losing sylar's power to... angela's dream-seer powers??)

- the unexplained weakness of Hiro. doesn't feel like he'll lose his powers again, but it's a bit intriguing why it's being limited. outside forces? or just plain invdividual limitations? either way, it could make for a good storyline.

- Ice-girl coming back. cool. and i guess she's gonna come for nathan... er, sylar, er nathan...

Questions for next season:

- so what's the Company's purpose going to be? regulation, or recruitment? I prefer the latter. :)

- what's happening to Hiro?

Remember Hiro's powers were stolen by Arthur. Supposed Arthur takes it all and leaves nothing behind.

But whatever latent ability Hiro has is activated by Baby Matt.

Now mere stopping time isn't Hiro's original power. His power included time travel, teleportation and localized time reversal.

Baby Matt activated Hiro's power without whatever safeties he had before.