Bandai 1/55 VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1A Max, with fast packs

CF18

Well....this is going to be a good year for anyone who wants to restart their Chunky collection. These even come with FP's. That's pretty damn cool.

:ph34r:

I am glad that they are releasing these with fast packs. I hope that they will also release a fast packs only set to add to our valks that did not get them last time. I would really like a set of booby ducks for my Bandai 1/55 Cannon Fodder and do not want to have to buy another super valk just for the FP.

I wonder if they will release the M&Ms with colored FP? That would be smart.

Also it would be really cool if they were to release some non-cannon color schemes too. Of course only after releasing the Ostrich, Elintseeker, and Strike Valk.

I am glad that they are releasing these with fast packs. I hope that they will also release a fast packs only set to add to our valks that did not get them last time. I would really like a set of booby ducks for my Bandai 1/55 Cannon Fodder and do not want to have to buy another super valk just for the FP.

I wonder if they will release the M&Ms with colored FP? That would be smart.

Also it would be really cool if they were to release some non-cannon color schemes too. Of course only after releasing the Ostrich, Elintseeker, and Strike Valk.

I'm with you on the making of the FP's for an add on. I think it's pretty cool that they are making a 1A Max since they never made one before....right?

Smart move from Bandai. Yep, first time since the mid 80's we see DYRL valkyries with fast packs.

I hope they add the skull emblem for the fast packs, the kite emblem on the picture is wrong.

VERY COOL!!! But I don't think that they will have the skull emblem. They will probally come with the Kite symbol already on them like the VF-1S Super Valk reissue did. <_<

SWEET!!!

I will damn surely be getting both. Especially the Max-1A.

If Bandai brings out a Kakizaki-1A, I'll be getting it, too.

Bandai better be sure to bring out the Hikky-1S as well. I'll buy two of 'em when they do! B)):D:lol:

Oh, yeah. Bandai should also bring out the Elint and the Super-O, too. :D:ph34r:

The armor would be so much nicer if it was in the DYRL colors like the 1/55 Strike armor.

That's what it looks like in the pics.

Wow, didn't see this coming! NEW Chunky Monkeys. Who woulda thunk? Is it too much to wish for TV 1A Max and Kakizaki? Someone's gotta step up ONE of these days....apart from the Toynami Macross Superposeables, has ever of these valks ever seen the light of day? Did they make an appearance in the recent Popy 1/144 line-up?

I'm so getting these as long as the have the correct Skull markings on the FAST packs.

Nothing two stickers can't fix. The two biggest discrepancies are going to be the TV style arm armor and TV 1A heads. Does anyone else find it ironic that everything on this toy is tampo printed, except for the shoulders? C'mon Bandai!

But I'm still getting the DYRL Max, it's so awesome that were finally getting a new 1/55, I feel like a kid all over again. :D

Chance for 2 seaters is still unknown. These 2 VF-1A are just repaint. ELINT and ostrich have big chunks of special plastic that Bandai need to restore or rebuild the molds.

If any of the Bandai crew is lurking around here than they will know that they will make MASS AMOUNTS of money if they come out with the VT, VE, and Strike Valks.

If any of the Bandai crew is lurking around here than they will know that they will make MASS AMOUNTS of money if they come out with the VT, VE, and Strike Valks.

I honestly really doubt that. First, they'd retail for retail price, not some collector's price so the profit margin wouldn't be huge per unit. Second, they're a recon and trainer unit (not including the strike) so most people don't like them (why the first two didn't sale huge). Third, these chunkies are the same toy from the wee 80s which no doubt has some charm for the sentimental but the likelihood of them competing well against the new Yamato 1/60 offerings seems REALLY slim. We're about to have all sorts of original Macross saturation again. If I'm Bandai I do a limited chunky reissue with some new repaints but focus my energies on Mac:F and just let Yamato win this round.

I honestly really doubt that. First, they'd retail for retail price, not some collector's price so the profit margin wouldn't be huge per unit. Second, they're a recon and trainer unit (not including the strike) so most people don't like them (why the first two didn't sale huge). Third, these chunkies are the same toy from the wee 80s which no doubt has some charm for the sentimental but the likelihood of them competing well against the new Yamato 1/60 offerings seems REALLY slim. We're about to have all sorts of original Macross saturation again. If I'm Bandai I do a limited chunky reissue with some new repaints but focus my energies on Mac:F and just let Yamato win this round.

Well....thanks for shooting my dreams out of the sky <_< . We'll just have to see what happens eh?!?

I honestly really doubt that. First, they'd retail for retail price, not some collector's price so the profit margin wouldn't be huge per unit. Second, they're a recon and trainer unit (not including the strike) so most people don't like them (why the first two didn't sale huge). Third, these chunkies are the same toy from the wee 80s which no doubt has some charm for the sentimental but the likelihood of them competing well against the new Yamato 1/60 offerings seems REALLY slim.

I'd have to agree, especially given that the collector's market for the old stuff has probably only gotten smaller with time (and the diehard Macross niche wasn't huge to begin with, compared with the rest of the toy demographic and in the eyes of a big company like Bandai). What this does mean, though, is that for those of us looking to pick up some vintage Takatokus and Bandais, the prices (for the ones that have been reissued) will be dropping like US housing prices. Well, maybe not quite so badly.

Still, the door's open now, if just a sliver, to the possibility of the Super-O and Elint being re-released. I'd be excited mostly because I'd be able to snag an old Super-O for a good price. All this reissue talk is the reason I'm holding off on buying one.

As far as that goes, probably the best thing Bandai could reissue is the holiest of holy grails (IMO), the Takatoku 1/3000 SDF-1.

It would be great if a) I could actually find one MIB, and b) it would cost less than $1K.

Chieh

Edited by clchieng

As far as that goes, probably the best thing Bandai could reissue is the holiest of holy grails (IMO), the Takatoku 1/3000 SDF-1.

It would be great if a) I could actually find one MIB, and b) it would cost less than $1K.

Pretty sure I heard the molds for this were dusted long ago with the chunky GBP. The good news is I got an absolutely MIB Taka 1/3000 for $500 and I've heard of people finding them even cheaper. Keep an eye out, deals do pop up occasionally.

The good news is I got an absolutely MIB Taka 1/3000 for $500 and I've heard of people finding them even cheaper.

Really? Hook a brother up, yo.

Was it off eBay/Yahoo Japan or through private channels? I would very much like one. Or three.

Seriously, though, if you have any leads, please PM me.

I think the pic is too small to tell how the color is really going to turn out. Looks like the color of the Super VF-1S reissue to me, and even that color was way off from the Takatoku version. I loved the dark greenish color of the Takatoku version. Even Yamato couldn't get it right on the 1/48 Super VF-1J's. Knowing Bandai, I'm sure they won't get it right either this time around.

That's what it looks like in the pics.

I think the pic is too small to tell how the color is really going to turn out. Looks like the color of the Super VF-1S reissue to me, and even that color was way off from the Takatoku version. I loved the dark greenish color of the Takatoku version. Even Yamato couldn't get it right on the 1/48 Super VF-1J's. Knowing Bandai, I'm sure they won't get it right either this time around.

I must say that it is hard for me to disagree on them getting it right but they really do look darker than the reissue super valk packs.

According to BBTS, TOYNAMI is importing these to the US:

TOYNAMI / BANDAI SUPER VALKYRIES:

Toynami has just announced that they will be importing Bandai japanese

figures to the U.S., and the prices are right! The first two releases are

transforming Super Valkyries from Macross - Max's blue-detailed VF-1A and

Hikaru's Red-detailed one. The best part of these figures is the price -

Toynami will be bringing them over at an MSRP nearly equal to the Japanese

MSRP, so you can pick these babies up for only $84.99 each! Check them

out here -

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search....55+bandai+super

WTF!?!?!

According to BBTS, TOYNAMI is importing these to the US:

TOYNAMI / BANDAI SUPER VALKYRIES:

Toynami has just announced that they will be importing Bandai japanese

figures to the U.S., and the prices are right! The first two releases are

transforming Super Valkyries from Macross - Max's blue-detailed VF-1A and

Hikaru's Red-detailed one. The best part of these figures is the price -

Toynami will be bringing them over at an MSRP nearly equal to the Japanese

MSRP, so you can pick these babies up for only $84.99 each! Check them

out here -

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search....55+bandai+super

WTF!?!?!

You beat me to the punch. I was just glancing through my e-mail from BBTS and saw the paragraph about this thinking it just had to deal with Bandai's VF-1S and VF-1J. Then I noticed "Toynami" referenced in the article and did a double take. I clicked on the link.... Did Hell just freeze over?!? I wonder if Big West changed their minds on allowing companies like Bandai from working with Harmony Gold or any of their licensees? Either way that's some pretty great news... though I wish this could have happened 7 years sooner. I wonder if Yamato will follow suit?

Edited by Apollo Leader