Bandai 1/55 VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1A Max, with fast packs

CF18

So how do you guys feel about new heads for 1/55's? Blasphemy or progress? I don't mind the 1D head since there never was one originally. But if these are all about nostalgia, new heads to replace the original just doesn't feel right to me.

So how do you guys feel about new heads for 1/55's? Blasphemy or progress? I don't mind the 1D head since there never was one originally. But if these are all about nostalgia, new heads to replace the original just doesn't feel right to me.

Progress...I think the new heads are for the ones for the Robotech line....so you can still keep them seperate, besides its something neat to add to an already classic toy, and the head was definitely one of the things that did not age well.

at the toynami/bandai booth

F*ck yeah, man! Gonna be a good year, and next year, too... Even if they don't do Elint, VT or GBPS, I'm still a happy man!

Edited by AcroRay

Something tells me that one of these two threads will be closed. To the moderators, please keep both opened. One thread can be dedicated to the Japanese releases while the other thread can be dedicated to the Toynami/Tamashii releases and developments.

Normally I'd cry blasphemy, but as someone else pointed out, the 1/55 toys have been in near-constant production for the past 26 years whether by Takatoku, Bandai, Hasbro, official reissues, and a plethora of bootlegs with varying quality. There will never be a shortage of "classic" heads for the 1/55, therefore I can wholeheartedly welcome these new designs.

On another note, I'm very pleased to see Toynami importing more and more proven Japanese toys. This is more efficient than designing (and sometime copying) their own products from the ground up. Their pride must've taken quite a hit when they decided to shelve their trumpeted MPC VF-1 in favor of its 26 year old predecessor, but this is a decision that's going to payoff for them and all Macross/Robotech fans.

They didn't really "shelve" that old MPC, it came out years and years ago now and its product lifecycle has expired. I'd say it is smart they didn't try to go Yamato's version 2.0 route and make an MPC 2 and instead are just pushing the chunkies. Good ol' chunkies.

I am totally confused with all of these reissues coming out. Are the 25th anniversary Bandai Macross origins different than the Bandai reissues from about 5 years ago? And is it just the Toynami versions whcih will have the new heads or is it all of the Bandai reissues which will have them. I apologise in advance in case this was answere somewhere else but I couldn't find the answer in the threads

It's the same reissue with minor differences. Hikaru's 1J will have a heatshield and there's going to be a never released Max DYRL 1A with FPs all in new packaging. The new heads and the 1D are for a speculated Robotech version of the line to be distributed by Toynami.

welp!

Unfortunately, since HLJ has just opened up the pre-order for the Hikky-1A-FP for August-release, I will have to drop my preorders for the Chunky Max and Hikky 1A-FPs. :mellow:

Hope you guys don't clean out the Bandai-inventory so I can still buy both in the near future, tho. ;)