Bandai 1/55 VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1A Max, with fast packs

CF18

If things ever got hunky-dory between Toynami and Yamato, and Harmony Gold and Big West, then Macrossworlders would lose 90% of things to gripe about. ;p

Ha, thanks for my new signature! :) You did forget the whole "Vader's hands are too small" issue, though. ;)

But yeah I can't understand why we wouldn't want some sort of conflict resolution between all these parties. It is ultimately us fans that are hurt by this mess.

Edited by Apollo Leader

BTW- Anyone interested, I have all the pending 1/55 Valkyries available for preorder. Just visit the For Sale section....

-K

I've looked over in the For Sale section, but can't find anything posted for this preorder. Someone please post the link! Never mind, found it. :)

Edited by Apollo Leader

If things ever got hunky-dory between Toynami and Yamato, and Harmony Gold and Big West, then Macrossworlders would lose 90% of things to gripe about. ;p

True.

But yeah I can't understand why we wouldn't want some sort of conflict resolution between all these parties. It is ultimately us fans that are hurt by this mess.

Exactly. When Toycom first announced their stuff years back, I was excited at the prospect of getting valkyries domestically. The preorder prices were great. Then the whole deal collapsed. A resolution would mean all of us getting support for broken pieces, and Yamatos distributed domestically for far less than what we are paying now.

I've looked over in the For Sale section, but can't find anything posted for this preorder. Someone please post the link!

Its actually in the "where to buy" forum, but his old Valk exchange site URL is still working! Pre-orders are there!

Bandai is showing the Hikaru VF-1A at Shizuoka Hobby Show too. Notice the skull logo on the fast pack.

Source:

http://patrickmacias.blogs.com/er/2008/05/...nd-death-i.html

HELL YEAH!!! Thanks for the pic......I KNEW IT!!! The booby ducks are darker than that of a 2002 reissue VF-1S super valk.....WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

:ph34r:

I'm all for that under two conditions.

1 being 0% gripes from both factions.

2 the choice of being able to choose either the Japanese box or a domestic box in what ever area in the world you live in.

Uh yah... Thanks Mr. Obvious... don't quit that day job for those psychic readings... :rolleyes:

I'd rather Toynami and HG to fold alltogether and dissapear, and Yamato and Bandai un-hindered to export stuff here.

That's why i said what i said. Of course i want cheper stuff. :D But yeah...

I'm with you there. I'm not quite sure how HG and Toynami stay in business, seems they sell more hype/hope rather than products.

Guest sh002

cool. can't wait to get both with skull markings on fast packs. it would be cool if the 1/72 hcm's were reissued or updated with included variants as well.

According to Patrick Masias' blog(the one linked above with the Super valk pic), Macross was the 2nd biggest anime property at Shizuoka after Gundam. So whats with barely any pics? I have a feeling we missed a lot!

I have a feeling you ARE correct.

:ph34r:

I wish bandai would remake vf-1 toys instead of have the reissues of the old stuff. Why don't they want to upgrade the macross toys the same way hasbro has with G1 optimus prime in the form of a Masterpiece prime?

I get the nostalgia fans of the old school stuff feel. People have this emotional feeling for vintage stuff and praise the historical significance of it all. Just that it would be so much cooler for a new bandai VF-1 that is brought to the international macross fan, than all this old stuff. But it's overall good news imo. Just that I'm still more a fan of the yamatos.

I wonder what would happen if the "Robotech live action movie" thing ever starts to become real, and the VF-1 becomes more well-known, (to mainstream audience?) what this means for bandai and if it would be enough for them to try to make a new toy of it? What happens if there were, say, alpha fighters in the movie, would bandai be able to make a perfect transformation Legios for the live action robotech movie and then toynami just distributes that?

I want a bandai Legioss and Tread. Man that'd be cool.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I wonder what would happen if the "Robotech live action movie" thing ever starts to become real, and the VF-1 becomes more well-known, (to mainstream audience?) what this means for bandai and if it would be enough for them to try to make a new toy of it? What happens if there were, say, alpha fighters in the movie, would bandai be able to make a perfect transformation Legios for the live action robotech movie and then toynami just distributes that?

The only downfall to that is: What if the toy/design sucked?

As they did with Transformers, they might shy away from the look and design we love. They might scrap the initial concept of the Valkyrie all together and give us a new look (ie Optimus Prime in transformers); hence, new toys. Even if Bandai plays a big part in designing them, they could easily come out all wack (we all know that bandai can design some crappy stuff). I don't want my VF looking like any of those DreamWorks Transformers characters, i want it to look just like a valk and don't change a damn thing.

If there's one thing I learned about cartoons-to-movies, the fans who want to see a faithful translation NEVER have a say. It all comes down to the studio: "We don't want Optimus Prime to be a flatnose red truck; we want him to look like an alien-robot"... "We don't want Bumblebee to be a VW... let's make him this"... hell, they might just get the same designers from the Transformers movie since it came out good (from the general audiences' opinion) and made a lot of money. I'd hate to see that. To me, the Transformers movie wasnn't the Transformers... they missed it by miles. And getting OP's original voice doesn't make it right. It's a visual thing, man!

I haven't watched it, but I think Speed Racer: The Movie had the right idea to stay true to the game. Looks just like the cartoon, designs, characters, etc. (I guess it helps that the studio give the Wachowski Brothers TOTAL creative freedom because of their successful directing power with The Matrix series)... I wouldn't mind seeing a Robotech/Macross movie with that sorta true "cartoony" look. Of course it would be a little more grittier since we're talking about Macross, and not Speed Racer.

I wish bandai would remake vf-1 toys instead of have the reissues of the old stuff. Why don't they want to upgrade the macross toys the same way hasbro has with G1 optimus prime in the form of a Masterpiece prime?

I'm game for them. But I agree, they should evolve that toy instead of keeping it the same. Take that chunky monkey and make it look better with the same engineering and sturdiness (or keep it close to it!). I know the 'chunky look' plays a big part in why the toy is so solid; but it can be done. You mean to tell me that they can't thing of anything else to enhance that thing... after, what, almost 25 years??

Yamato was able to evolve; from their first 1/60 to the current... that's a big jump. And I know the 1/48 is nowhere near as sturdy as the chunkies, but with some evolution, it could become that way -- though I admit, I'm happy with them right now, other than a few parts that should be metal. It's cool though... these days, they do their job looking pretty...

BTW, I've asked this question before (but I can't find my question hidden in a thread), but how come they never made a toy for Macross II (Lovers Again). I'm aware that the movie is the worse in the series, but the valk looks pretty sweet. This forum moves too fast...

You filipinos are low budget!

That's not cool, man! That's not cool!!!

Edited by fifbeat

"We don't want Bumblebee to be a VW... let's make him this"

The real reason is that Volkswagon will not give Hasbro the license...even when they tried a few years before the movie to get the license for an Alternator/Binaltech beetle Bumblebee, which a design was already drafted for.

To me, the Transformers movie wasnn't the Transformers...

To me it was, I just looked at it as if it was a different continuity(which it is).

I haven't watched it, but I think Speed Racer: The Movie had the right idea to stay true to the game. Looks just like the cartoon, designs, characters, etc.

Its just as far off from the original as Transformers was. BTW this isn't the right thread to discuss Speed Racer and Transformers, not even the right forum.

BTW, I've asked this question before (but I can't find my question hidden in a thread), but how come they never made a toy for Macross II (Lovers Again).

Barely any interest in japan. I might be wrong on this but I believe the VF-2SS is more popular in foreign markets than in japan.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Robotech/Macross movie with that sorta true "cartoony" look.

I would. The VF-1 needs no changing for a movie, it was realistic to begin with. Transformers were designed as toys first then had cartoons came afterwards, with designs based on the toys. With Macross it was the other way around.

I'm game for them. But I agree, they should evolve that toy instead of keeping it the same.

I'd love to see Bandai make a modernized 1/55 but I also like the option of having a reissue of the classic. I don't want either or, I want both. If Transformer, Votoms, Gundam, and most other mecha fans in japan can get their reissues, why can't we? I like variety.

I'm game for them. But I agree, they should evolve that toy instead of keeping it the same. Take that chunky monkey and make it look better with the same engineering and sturdiness (or keep it close to it!). I know the 'chunky look' plays a big part in why the toy is so solid; but it can be done.

Honestly for me Bandai need not do much. Add thigh swivels, ball joints to the legs, missle hardpoints/missles, and a way to attach the gun in fighter mode and thats it for me. It would still transform the exact same way and be just as durable, I could care less about a retracting heatshield, or hell even changes to the sculpt.

Don't we all? But again I don't want one or the other, I'd like to have a new one and a reissue, so I can appreciate both. The 1/55 has aged well as a toy, much better than its counterparts from the G1 Transformers. No one can honestly tell me another jet Transformer that has stayed just as good since the 80's, other than that toy.

Just that it would be so much cooler for a new bandai VF-1 that is brought to the international macross fan, than all this old stuff.

Transformers and other anime fans have access to reissues of old merchandise, as well as brand new merchandise, why can't we?

I would. The VF-1 needs no changing for a movie, it was realistic to begin with. Transformers were designed as toys first then had cartoons came afterwards, with designs based on the toys. With Macross it was the other way around.

That's what I meant. I guess I was just trying to say - keep it as close as the series/movie without trying to make it look gritty and real (you know, all those detaily-details, like in the movie)....

Thanks for correcting me on some of that stuff. Still, there's still no reason they could have made the Transformers, like Prime and Megatron, look like we remember them. You know, a gun and a flatnose red rig.

To answer a few things from above:

1) The Speed Racer movie is based on the US English dub of the old anime Mach GoGoGo. Both were out in the late 1960's.

2) Very doubtful the VF-1 will be seen in the Robotech live action movie. Big West owns the rights to the design and I extremely doubt they would let Harmony Gold and Universal(?) use the design in this new design.

3) Regarding Macross II, part of the reason there hasn't been any serious toy developments in the last decade is that allegedly Shoji Kawamori has been against it (Macross II isn't considered canon in the current scheme of things and the designs weren't by Kawamori and Studio Nue).

I am a little late joining this forum. Spending half day reading many comments, pictures, news, and opinions from page 1 to 14. I have somethings to say. :rolleyes:

1. Everytime I hear the word "Macross 1/55 Re-Issue", my first impression is that "Where is the VF-1D"? I bet many people would never understand why Takatoku Bandai never release VF-1D since 1982? I bet most of us MUST buy VF-1D if it eventually comes to the market. :lol:

2. There is NO surprise for this re-issue VF-1J, VF-1S, and VF-1A with fast pack. I do not see and do not know what is the exact difference between the re-issue valkyries in 2008 and the re-issue valkyries in 2002? There are few Macross friends mentioned the fast pack comes with the VF-1A looks like the fast pack comes with the re-issue VF-1S Super in 2002.

3. Many of us hopes Bandai re-issue VE-1, VT-1, and GBP-1S armors. I do NOT understand why they will re-issue them in 2008 but not 2002? IN MY OPINION, the chance for Bandai to re-issue VE-1, VT-1, and GBP-1S armors is 0%. :angry:

4. Most of the serious Macross Robotech collectors are between 30 to 40 years old. We were kids when Macross on the TV in Japan 1982 or Robotech on the TV in US 1985. How many of us have money to buy Macross Robotech toys at that time? What I mean is for most of us, we only do Windows Shopping when we were kids. We saw the toy and the box through the window of the shop. In order for us to refresh our childhood memory, I think we need both the toy and the box. It is something the re-issue can not compare with the original. :mellow:

many_feedbacks

Edited by many_feedbacks

IN MY OPINION, the chance for Bandai to re-issue VE-1, VT-1, and GBP-1S armors is 0%. :angry:

Finally, I am listing an original Macross 1/55 Bandai VT-1 (complete) on eBay for sale. It will over on this Sunday. Please take a look if you are interested.

Classic! :lol::ph34r:

And i think, from Toynami's statemens on the matter, that it has more or less been confirmed that the rare versions will be released. I would be very surprised if we didn't see a 1D, elint, and ostrich for around a hundred bucks a pop in the next year. There are a lot of naysayers that like to bad mouth em, but in this case, I don't see any reason they wouldn't deliver.

Let's not get carried away here. Toynami isn't in control of anything. None of us know what Bandai will do. The early indication is that there will be many reissues and new variants but we all get to play a game of wait and see now. A VF-1D seems like a no-brainer to me, I really hope Bandai feels the same way. If the VT and VE are released you can expect some minor differences (heatshield attachment) so it won't completely destroy the value of the old collectibles.

IN MY OPINION, the chance for Bandai to re-issue VE-1, VT-1, and GBP-1S armors is 0%. :angry:

And...

Finally, I am listing an original Macross 1/55 Bandai VT-1 (complete) on eBay for sale. It will over on this Sunday. Please take a look if you are interested.

Hedging your bets?

I went to the english section of tamashii's site, and "Origin of Valkyrie" is listed as coming soon. I hope this is the first of many US Macross releases. I also have a feeling Frontier toys will be brought over by Tamashii. Also, it would not surprise me if we see a DYRL Kakizaki Super valkyrie, and the first Strike valkyrie being Roy's. The fact that we are even getting a Max type DYRL super valk makes it less doubtful that the other 2 I mentioned will come out.

3) Regarding Macross II, part of the reason there hasn't been any serious toy developments in the last decade is that allegedly Shoji Kawamori has been against it (Macross II isn't considered canon in the current scheme of things and the designs weren't by Kawamori and Studio Nue).

Kawamori was not involved, but Studio Nue did the designs (if I remember correctly)

In my opinion, if there was no re-issue VE-1, VT-1, and GBP-1S armors in 2002, what is the reason those will come out in 2008. It does not make sense for Bandai did not want to make money in 2002 but 2008. wacko.gif

Because there wasn't a new TV series on to capture a wider audience, just a 5 episode OVA which took forever to finish.

Another thing Bandai really disappoints me (I bet many people too) is that there is NO significant improvement for the re-issues. Bandai should learn some improvements from Yamato. At least, put a pilot on the driving seat. mad.gif

There didn't need to be, its a reissue of a classic toy. All their new efforts are going towards the Macross F line. People complain about the VF-1 being overdone and other valks not getting a chance as a toy. Do you honestly want a new VF-1 over new Macross F toys? You could have both, but whats the point of a new VF-1, when Yamato is already making one? A lot of people are "Vf-1'd" out. This is like asking why doesn't Takara make improvements to their G1 Optimus Prime issue while a Classics/Henkei version is coming out.

Damn, you just get more and more optimistic. I think you're gonna be one disappointed dude.

Hey man, rare and exotic. Besides you know Bandai wants to use the Strike tooling more than once if they can.

I only care if I am making profits.

Then you are in the wrong thread. We care about getting classic toys. You care about making a profit off of a classic toy.