Bandai 1/55 VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1A Max, with fast packs

CF18

Ok I have a question I would like to get some info on! Are there two companies that is releasing the 1/55 scale Valkeries? i'm asking because the web sites in japan are only listing a VF-1S and a VF-1J witch I have placed in a photo gallery here. But there is no mention of the VF-1A Hikaru & VF-1A Max w fast packs anywhere!? :blink:

Edited by grogall

Ok I have a question I would like to get some info on! Are there two companies that is releasing the 1/55 scale Valkeries? i'm asking because the web sites in japan are only listing a VF-1S and a VF-1J witch I have placed in a photo gallery here. But there is no mention of the VF-1A Hikaru & VF-1A Max w fast packs anywhere!? :blink:

As far as I understand the company is the same one. As for why you cannot find pics of the Supers...they prob. don't have too many pre-production shots yet. I have seen like 1 only.

:ph34r:

Bandai is the toy company making them. They've offered only a single solicitation image of the movie 1A FAST Pack duo, which has been copied at the front of this thread. They're probably not mentioned at their website due to slow updating. Or - more detailed notice might be on-hold until they do a major Macross product marketing push after the MacF toys are ready and update their website accordingly.

Toynami is the official distributor of Bandai's 1/55 line in the US. They'll be offering them to stateside retailers, most likely in Bandai packaging with a Toynami logo sticker added to the package. Prices will be comperable to the Japanese MSRP.

Ok I think I got lucky and found some picks

hope there not to big for the post!?

Thanks for the pics. I just hope those are NOT the final production valks. In the other pic I saw of the 1A Hikaru...the Boobie Ducks where darker and on them was the skull insignia and not the Macross kite.

Anyone know if they are selling the fast packs separately? I already own the Hikaru one ...

That would be AWESOME.....but doubtful <_< . I would be purchasing a few sets of packs just for grins.

Anyone know if they are selling the fast packs separately? I already own the Hikaru one ...

Man I hope so, I like Hikaru's super valk in DYRL for some reason. What I am thinking is that we will see a Strike Hikaru, and seperate Strike parts set. Since the right booster has the ability to swap the booby duck and strike cannon, I think the Strike kit will contain both parts, and stickers for both TV and DYRL.

Thanks for the linkys.......seems like those are still the 2002 reissue boobie ducks with just different stickers. I am down with the skull insignia but it would seem that you cannot take the missile pod off and exchange it for the cannon on these <_< .

• 3 weeks later...
Great news! Now I can get some for my 2 year old so he's not messing with my customs and 1/48's!!!

Good call. I just gave my 3 year old his first Valk yesterday. It is a 2001 reissue Bandai 1/55 VF-1J hikaru that I got from Thelonewolf here. He is so in love. He took it to bed with him last night!

I am now considering getting one of these ones with the FP.

You are right about it being a old one - look at the yellowing plastic! :lol:

http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/DSC00340.jpg

Also....easy to tell it's the old one....check out the forearms.

It looks like tampo printing on the leg landing gear door on the grey VF-1S in the foreground. Although it looks like the markings are the shoulders are stickers (you can see the sticker edges). I thought they'd be tampo printed. :(

That's a 1990 Bandai Valk with Strike Armor. Could it be that the Strike VF-1S will be released?? Or that item just a filler?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Bandai reissued the Strike Armor, except that you're forced to purchase a reissue of the fugly 1990 VF-1S in order to get it? :lol:

It does look as though the FASTPack armor on the DYRL VF-1As is a different green color consistent with the DYRL anime color schemes, iirc, rather than just a recycling of the TV color pieces.

Considering the last 1S reissue didn't use the fugly head design, I doubt the Strike will use the fugly head design.

Unless you can come up with a sensible reason for Bandai to produce two 1/55 1S Valks with different head designs... :rolleyes:

Edited by Salamander

The fugly head was a stop-gap measure to repair damaged old TT tooling.

Given that a Super 1S is already in their product line-up in its Takatoku-headed format, I seriously doubt the Hi-Metal variation is going to get its own SKU. Since they've re-tooled the entire toy for the current edition, I doubt they'd go back to an earlier element that was only a partial fix to begin with unless they honestly consider the Hi-Metal-headed edition to be an 'exotic variant' product.

Besides, don't the current crop of 1/55 bootlegs universally have Hi-Metal heads? Bandai would probably keep away from that design just because of that, for branding reasons.

(...Could do a "Mr Hardhat" version.... Yikes!)

Edited by AcroRay

That's a 1990 Bandai Valk with Strike Armor. Could it be that the Strike VF-1S will be released?? Or that item just a filler?

Indeed. It is the 1990 VF-1S.

Gotta be a filler. Even the Max-1A in the display wasn't stickered correctly (Hikaru shoulder-stickers).

Bandai has been using vintage or previous-edition samples as stand-ins for repro products in development.

I'd say is a solid bet that the Strike on display is representative of an intent on Bandai's part to release it in the Origins line near the fall/winter of 2008, unless the Origin series sells very poorly.

Given that it would require relatively very little additional unique tooling to create the unique Strike accessories, and given that Bandai's current marketing mode on designs like this is to release a base version of a product and then re-release that base as stand-alone variants with additional accessories, and Origins Strike 1S would fit Bandai's pattern.

Unless its a rare historical display, Bandai typically doesn't show off a toy at a trade show unless they plan on selling it. Their buyers are at the show to see what Bandai product they need to order, not to feel warm & fuzzy about antiques.

Edited by AcroRay

Considering the last 1S reissue didn't use the fugly head design, I doubt the Strike will use the fugly head design.

Unless you can come up with a sensible reason for Bandai to produce two 1/55 1S Valks with different head designs... :rolleyes:

Dude, I was joking. Couldn't you tell with the " :lol: " affixed at the end?

Vintage Strike armor will not fit on reissues because of the forearm differences, therefore it makes sense that Bandai had to dig out a vintage 1/55 to attach the vintage Strike armor to.

As yellowed as it is, its probably a design shop sample that's been standing under florescent lights by someone's drawing board for a few years!

Good call. I just gave my 3 year old his first Valk yesterday. It is a 2001 reissue Bandai 1/55 VF-1J hikaru that I got from Thelonewolf here. He is so in love. He took it to bed with him last night!

I am now considering getting one of these ones with the FP.

<_< Yeah I was thinking about giving him my set of re-issues but I just couldn't do it! But these will be perfect for him :rolleyes:

Fan-to-Fan's pic makes the Strike's display card much easier to read. According to a Japanese reading/speaking associate, the card's title says "The Over-Technology of 25 years ago!" and goes on to briefly talk about the toy's origins with Takatoku.