Macross Revoltech

CF18

Just picked up 2 at lunchtime for HK$125 each (US$16) each.

Very nice toy. The Revoltech joints are definitely well suited to the Regult and much more low profile than on the VF-1, where IMO they look terrible (hunched shoulder syndrome).

Graham

Hmm, I'll try buying a revoltech today, what should I buy? ^_^ I only have a budget for one and I can't decided between Max, Miriya or Regult ^_^ .

BTW, is these thing safe to be played with young kids? (Ages 2 and up).

Got my first Revoltech, Max VF-1J. Kinda hard making it pose :lol: The wing missiles pod can not be attached since its interfering with the arm movement. :angry:

HLJ shipped my 2 Regult order today. Preorder priced them at about $17 USD each, and about $10 USD for SAL shipping. Good deal! I wonder what these'll get scapled for on eBay?

Really looking forward to this. I sold my couple of assembled and boxed 1/100 kits a few years ago, and I do miss them. Hopefully a scout edition or a DYRL edition in blah green tones will appear. A DYRL colored one would make a nice, easy show exclusive, methinks.

HLJ shipped my 2 Regult order today. Preorder priced them at about $17 USD each, and about $10 USD for SAL shipping. Good deal! I wonder what these'll get scapled for on eBay?

Really looking forward to this. I sold my couple of assembled and boxed 1/100 kits a few years ago, and I do miss them. Hopefully a scout edition or a DYRL edition in blah green tones will appear. A DYRL colored one would make a nice, easy show exclusive, methinks.

The Regults are regular edition releases, so they will be around for a long time. In the US, including ebay, the most you will probably see them for is around $25.

went to my local toy shops here in Singapore yesterday to get my pre-orered Regult...to my dismay...seller told me that Kayodo has this May 15 nationwide grand launching thing.....darn.....now i have to go back again!!! :angry:

this regult pod is selling like hot cakes locally

some shops are talking abt restock already

lucky I gotten 3 :lol:

the paint job is excellent. decent posability, know a fact that there has been no decent toy figure for pod recent years

this is a must get !

The Regults are great, bought 2. The Revoltech ball joints are really well hidden and don't stand out at all, unlike the VF-1.

The only bad thing I have to say about the Regults is I've found the dark grey(black) paint on the guns and a few other places comes off quite easily, exposing the white PVC underneath.

I'm still hating the Revoltech VF-1 toys though. Sorry, I don't understand how you guys think they look nice. You can't pose the nose cone and chest in a straight line, which means the figure looks like it has a permanent spinal deformity.

The worse thing is that the revoltech shoulder, elbow and neck joints really stand out and look out of place, espcially the shoulder joints. The shoulder joints also position the shoulders far too high, making the VF-1, look like it's always hunching it's shoulders up.

I like Revoltech's where the Revoltech joints are fairly unobtrusive and not too noticable, a good example being the Helldiver, but on the VF-1, the huge balls just look fugly, fugly, fugly IMO.

Graham

I do like the revoltechs anime look to the figures and the extreme poseability they have, their size is nice too, and so is the price but like some people have already said on this forum im not a hardcore collector.

I only have a few figures from different series that I like and I dont buy anything and everything thats out there. That being said I only go for the highest quality of toys out there for my valks and the only one making valks that look good with perfect transformation is yamato. Also as a collector I like to go for the more expensive and inaccessible products out there. It just feels more fullfilling opening up a huge yammie 1/48 valk box.

Now if only they would make a yammie version of the zentradi battle pod... that one really catches my eye.

The Regults are great, bought 2. The Revoltech ball joints are really well hidden and don't stand out at all, unlike the VF-1.

The only bad thing I have to say about the Regults is I've found the dark grey(black) paint on the guns and a few other places comes off quite easily, exposing the white PVC underneath.

I'm still hating the Revoltech VF-1 toys though. Sorry, I don't understand how you guys think they look nice. You can't pose the nose cone and chest in a straight line, which means the figure looks like it has a permanent spinal deformity.

The worse thing is that the revoltech shoulder, elbow and neck joints really stand out and look out of place, espcially the shoulder joints. The shoulder joints also position the shoulders far too high, making the VF-1, look like it's always hunching it's shoulders up.

I like Revoltech's where the Revoltech joints are fairly unobtrusive and not too noticable, a good example being the Helldiver, but on the VF-1, the huge balls just look fugly, fugly, fugly IMO.

Graham

Personally your being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these figures, dont expect perfection and perfect joint articulation from a figure thats 20 or 30 bucks its just not gonna happen... Revoltechs target audience appears to be for the average collector that just wants a small cheap figure with an accurate representation anyway.

Not really being a perfectionist. Just saying I think the exposed Revoltech joints, mostly the shoulder ones really spoil the look of these figures.

It's perfectly possible to make an accurate looking, non-transforming mecha action figure with good articulation in the US$20-US$30 price range, without sticking these huge ball joints everywhere.

Graham

So, I've seen alot of Revoltech Macross figures on Yahoo auction, 20 bucks highest price I think. Are they REALLY worth it when you get thru all the comission fees and what not spending maybe almost 40 dollars just 1 of these? Am I going to enjoy this a hell of alot more then I would if it was a super poseable from *Gasp!* toynami?

So, I've seen alot of Revoltech Macross figures on Yahoo auction, 20 bucks highest price I think. Are they REALLY worth it when you get thru all the comission fees and what not spending maybe almost 40 dollars just 1 of these? Am I going to enjoy this a hell of alot more then I would if it was a super poseable from *Gasp!* toynami?

Huh? $40? You can get them for like $15-18 before shipping from HLJ. Get the slow shipping, and it's only like $7 for 3 figures. $40? This is a joke post, right?

So, I've seen alot of Revoltech Macross figures on Yahoo auction, 20 bucks highest price I think. Are they REALLY worth it when you get thru all the comission fees and what not spending maybe almost 40 dollars just 1 of these?

Dude, you're really getting 'em the hard way if you're paying that much. HLJ...