1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18251255@N00/...2355644/?page=2

Pics by tokyohunter.

Looks awesome. Some of the stickers are now tampo-printed but some aren't like the UN Spacy Kite and the dreaded No Step signs.

Its on presale at Wonderfest but apparently going to be open to preorders on yamato's online site later on.

2004098129720913847_rs.jpg

2004084268873100516_rs.jpg

Edited by wolfx

the paint job isn't lame, its lame cause its a japan only release.

i'd pick one up if i knew i wouldn't have to pay the secondary market as$hole tax on it.

Dude. . . can you tone it down a bit. There's quite a few decent re-sellers who help us bring these over who could take offense at that.

H

Dude. . . can you tone it down a bit. There's quite a few decent re-sellers who help us bring these over who could take offense at that.

Who? I'm with DnD on this one (until we hear otherwise). It sounds like this is being set up so the couple decent re-sellers we know won't be able to get this through their normal channels and we'll be stuck jumping through hoops. CMs is doing the same thing to us with their green Legioss/Tread.

H

tone what down? its a fact that the secondary market sellers(ebay sellers) will charge out the a$$ for these.

if a re-seller/ebay seller is offended by my comment, let them speak for themselves. theres no need to post on their behalf, thats how we got into it in the past and i'd rather not relive that.

if you're speaking of MW members in HK who hook it up, i don't consider those people resellers. those are member fans who are doing us a favor.

No $hit....LMFAO....I'm gonna watch it just to see how much someone will pay.

:ph34r:

I am guessing that the two that are up now will sell for over $300 each (including shipping). Probably more. This may become the new lowvis1 in terms of collectible. I personally would rather pay several hundred dollars to have Kurt or Jung make me a custom. But for anyone who collects for profit, this may be a good one to hold on to and try to sell down the line. I personally like to play with the figures, and display them.

I am guessing that the two that are up now will sell for over $300 each (including shipping). Probably more. This may become the new lowvis1 in terms of collectible. I personally would rather pay several hundred dollars to have Kurt or Jung make me a custom. But for anyone who collects for profit, this may be a good one to hold on to and try to sell down the line. I personally like to play with the figures, and display them.

I'm with you on that one brother. We'll just have to wait and see how much these go for.

jeebus, look at the shipping on it as well. I guess if you're going to rip someone off, no sense in trying to be subtle about it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:

OMG!!! Seriously though......what an a$$ to rip people off. You know....it's just messed up.

I think that free standing battroid is a mockup, the shots of the one in box doesn't seem to be as heavily weathered and it's missing those heavy streaks coming off the canopy as well.

I say we start dummy ebay accounts and jack up the auctions. bid massively high and then just not pay. make them repost. :p

Edited by eugimon

I think that free standing battroid is a mockup, the shots of the one in box doesn't seem to be as heavily weathered and it's missing those heavy streaks coming off the canopy as well.

I say we start dummy ebay accounts and jack up the auctions. bid massively high and then just not pay. make them repost. :p

That is a very funny prank! If it was Jchung2000 then I would DEFINITELY do it!

tone what down? its a fact that the secondary market sellers(ebay sellers) will charge out the a$$ for these.

if a re-seller/ebay seller is offended by my comment, let them speak for themselves. theres no need to post on their behalf, thats how we got into it in the past and i'd rather not relive that.

if you're speaking of MW members in HK who hook it up, i don't consider those people resellers. those are member fans who are doing us a favor.

My mistake then. I wasn't aware that 2ndary market meant only/specifically ebayers and the like. But I can see how that makes sense. I jumped to conclusions.

But, for the record, that's not why we "got into it" in the past. Far from it.

ummm... aren't ALL yamato Macross stuff only available in Japan?

yes and no.

this one in particular can be purchased through yamatos site(doesn't ship to the US) or at wonder fest, which only a handful of US members attend. unfortunately these are not being sold to HLJ or other toy distributors according to the info that i've read here so far.

Yes, US sales are not important yet this is a slap in the face to all fans outside Japan.

With Yamato focusing on 1/60 scale reintroducing the 1/48th with weathering would be a good way to continue the line and milk the molds. Including side panels, fixed hands, neck covers, and new pilots would help feed the "new hat!!!!" frenzy.

Making it Japan only and creating such an easy profit for vultures on the secondary market... that is just insulting. What is to stop people from airbrushing old VF-1S's and voila now it is the new one on Ebay rather like the fake all black Visa special that popped up last year for sale .

What a fraud.