1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

...but man what I wouldn't do for the shot glass!!! :blink:

Soooooo......tell us......what wouldn't you do for the shot glass???

:ph34r:

Nothing sissified :lol: ! Let's be clear on that. Sell a left kidney? Maybe... ^_^

I wouldn't sell a kidney.....you're gonna need it if you get that shot glass. ^_^

I know what I would do with the shot glass!

I know what you would do too....... :mellow: .........ewwwwwwwww.... :huh: ........just kidding.....LMAO.... :lol::lol::lol:

really though....I DO know what you would do.......I would do the same......drink myself into a "Focker Stooper".

Well, I hope that when these guys become available on the yamato online store, they differentiate somehow so the folks that are buying it for 2x retail will have some sort of way to console themselves. :|

Yes, I hope that when I get mine (for $150 + shipping ^_^ ) when it becomes available through Yamato's website, they change the slip cover cause the A$$HOLES printed a fricking 1/60 VF-1 on it :lol:

No offense but I refuse to pay $500 on top of a F U C K UP!!!!

post-557-1204573206_thumb.jpg

The pic I posted of the slip cover from the Wonderfest exclusive, shows the lineart of the old 1/60 VF-1 like it was the lineart of a 1/48 B))

That is a major mistake!!

If you buy some limited special item you expect they would get the packaging right, right :lol:

The pic I posted of the slip cover from the Wonderfest exclusive, shows the lineart of the old 1/60 VF-1 like it was the lineart of a 1/48 B))

That is a major mistake!!

If you buy some limited special item you expect they would get the packaging right, right :lol:

I understand now....and true that....I would want something different for a "limited special".

its the people on ebay that drive up the prices and set the standard for the rest of the sellers.

way to go ebay bidders! good luck getting one a decent price now. :rolleyes:

Oh. . . so now the ebay sellers and the buyers are the villains. Gotta have villains! The more villains the better! Somebody must be an "a-hole" and held accountable for there being a toy that isn't readily available to us and is therefore expensive. Apparently, we're now broadening that to encompass both the people providing them and the people buying them! Bravo!

Why can't these just be expensive without there being people to blame and call "a-holes?" Why can't they just be out of your price-range because they're hard to obtain without someone nefariously causing it to happen?

In essence, you seem to be angry that people didn't pick these up from Wonderfest and offer them up to you and all of us at cost. And, since that's not possible because of limited supply, you're also angry at people for being willing to pay more than you deem appropriate for something that is difficult to obtain. Apparently, someone is always being an a-hole no matter the circumstances. If something costs more than what you think is reasonable, there has to be someone to angrily blame. Shenanigans must be afoot! We're getting screwed by someone!

a fool and his money will soon be parted....

theres a member here that had to win every LV1 auction that came up and single handedly drove the price up to $300+ within one months ltime.

so far, this release has surpassed it which means every single person(smart person) that lives in japan and collects macross will order a bunch of them, cleaning out the entire stock, then they'll sell it on ebay for $500, yay!

Really? Every single smart Macross collector in Japan is going to be doing this?!? My goodness! One would think that there would be a lot of them available then. . . and therefore the price would come down.

Can we cut the freakin' melodrama here? These are currently rare because they aren't being released widely. So they are going for a premium. There is currently no other way to get one. . . so they are expensive. If it is every widely released, it will be less expensive. And if "every smart Macross collector in Japan" begins posting these on eBay, that would actually be a good thing because the plentiful supply would cause the price to go down.

Rare things are expensive. That's just the way it is. People don't need to be behaving as "a-holes" or otherwise nefariously, stupidly, or "foolishly" in order for this to be the case.

ha! you're the only one being melodramatic here. i made a simple post and yet again you're reading too much into it.

who did i call an a-hole again? you mean my first post when i was talking about ebay scalpers? so after explaining what i meant, and you being satisified with the answer, you're bringing it up again? beat a dead horse lately?

also, i guess you missed the post where i said i had no interest in this item so no, i don't expect anyone to hook me up at cost but this is clearly another example of you somehow finding some kind of hidden meaning behind my post, when i made no such post, making me out to be some kind of "villian".

my post is an opinion, just about everything anyone posts here is an opinion and last i heard, thats what you're supposed to do on a messageboard, post your opinions. i guess you could argue, "well if you don't have any interest, why bother posting?" which my reply would be, "while i have no interest, i'm still entitled to post my opinion like everyone else, were talking toys here, not real life."

if you have a problem with my opinion or posting style, well thats more or less your problem not mine.

i'm not flaming anyone, i'm not attacking anyone, i'm just chillin like a villian.....pun intended.

ha! you're the only one being melodramatic here. i made a simple post and yet again you're reading too much into it.

who did i call an a-hole again? you mean my first post when i was talking about ebay scalpers? so after explaining what i meant, and you being satisified with the answer, you're bringing it up again? beat a dead horse lately?

As I amply demonstrated, I took note that you were referring to ebay sellers. I now find it interesting that you are attacking both sellers and buyers as the source of yet another one of your invented "we're being screwed by faceless enemies!" problems.

also, i guess you missed the post where i said i had no interest in this item

Which is why I pointed out that you consider the price unreasonable. Not that you were upset that you couldn't get one. But really, if you are so dis-interested, shouldn't the question be why you need to post repeatedly about the sellers being "a-holes" and the buyers being "fools" and how both of them are mutually responsible for something so utterly terrible as a rare toy being put into the hands of those willing to pay for it?

so no, i don't expect anyone to hook me up at cost but this is clearly another example of you somehow finding some kind of hidden meaning behind my post, when i made no such post, making me out to be some kind of "villian".

There is no hidden meaning. Your meaning is clear. Ebay buyers and sellers are screwing us all!!!! It's also poorly thought-out and a return to your earlier "haterist" form where there was always some faceless enemy to blame for some invented problem from which you were merely trying to save us all. You and I both know that I'm capable of a link-dump that will amply demonstrate all your prior profanity-laden "I'm here to save us" rants against such nefarious "enemies" as those wondering about the price of an upcoming product or those recommending reputable valk dealers who don't happen to currently reside in your signature.

my post is an opinion, just about everything anyone posts here is an opinion and last i heard, thats what you're supposed to do on a messageboard, post your opinions. i guess you could argue, "well if you don't have any interest, why bother posting?" which my reply would be, "while i have no interest, i'm still entitled to post my opinion like everyone else, were talking toys here, not real life."

I too have an opinion. I have an opinion about your opinion. And I think I made a cogent case for why your opinion is poorly reasoned, founded in a weak premise, and unnecessarily antagonistic and hostile. Though, I think those who might not yet see what I'm talking about probably would find my case more compelling were they more familiar with your prior posts along similar lines.

if you have a problem with my opinion or posting style, well thats more or less your problem not mine.

i'm not flaming anyone, i'm not attacking anyone

See, that's where you're wrong. There are ebay sellers who are members here. There are ebay buyers who are members here. Indeed there are ebay sellers and buyers who have bought and sold this very product. Oh, but you can't possibly be talking about them. Just as in the past, you make broad, sweeping generalizations attacking many people. . . and then play the "who me?" card when someone points it out and asks you to either retract, clarify, or apologize. You have always had a problem with owning up to the plain meaning of your words as soon as they become uncomfortable for you.

We've been down this road way too many time. It has never turned out well for you. I think even you recognize that much of your past behavior was inexcusable. . . which I suspect is why you asked to have your display name changed from "haterist." In the interests of giving you a "fresh start," I agreed to do so against the better judgement of some of my peers. You really did appear to have turned over a new leaf for quite some time. But in recent weeks and months, the old-style haterist BS seems to be back. That's fine. But if the old "haterist" is back, so too will be your old display name and plenty of reminders (from me and others) of the kind of hate-filled divisive bile you regularly spewed around here when you weren't transparently trying to buy back everyone's good-will.

And they're off! Bidding up to $355.00 now. I'm too new to collecting so I have no idea how all the "exclusive" and "limited edition" release stuff pans out. On one hand I want to jump at this thing, and on the other hand my practical side is telling me to play wait out beat out. My gut tells me that they will eventually produce a run of this fighter and it will be available. Roy's too popular for Yamato not to. I hope I'm right. Otherwise those who want it, myself included, may as well bend over while bidding to get one. :blink:

I get it, so you're BOTH melodramatic. Problem solved.

MacrossMan, stay the hell away from these eBay limited editions. You'll have it, or one just like it, six months from now at a fraction of the price.

Edited by jenius

And they're off! Bidding up to $355.00 now. I'm too new to collecting so I have no idea how all the "exclusive" and "limited edition" release stuff pans out. On one hand I want to jump at this thing, and on the other hand my practical side is telling me to play wait out beat out. My gut tells me that they will eventually produce a run of this fighter and it will be available. Roy's too popular for Yamato not to. I hope I'm right. Otherwise those who want it, myself included, may as well bend over while bidding to get one. :blink:

yea, I dont see why this doesn't at least become available like the original low vis was.... It's freakin awesome and it'd be a missed opportunity to artfully extend a product thats been reproduced SO MANY times now. I for one never thought I'd buy a frakin 1/48 after the announcement of the new 1/60 line... I'm wrong again. :(

Sooner or later detailed valks like these should be a more frequent thing especially if bandai brings their A game with their future macross products. Yamato needs to make it's own statement (making it right now with it's recent releases)...

The biggest statement I reckon is when they start rolling out with releases free from QC issues right from the get go. :)

Interesting.

I picked one up for myself, just one because well living in Tokyo there just isn't enough room to have every 1/48 made on display in your room and have a place to keep the packaging. I want mine I deserve mine I stood in line for hours, and took tons of pictures for you guys. My coworker picked one up which was the one that sold for $456. He is not a Macross fan he just picked one up because I picked one up, and he had to deal with me going around looking for anything Macross to report back here.

So let me ask all of you this. Why is it that no body, not one single member asked me to pick a VF-1s Wethering Special before I went to Wonder Fest. I didn't get a single PM about a WS until after Wonder Fest was done and over with. This MW Tokyo based member (Me) does everything I can for the MW community and it sucks to read that I'm part of the so-called problem when it comes to scalpers and high priced items.

You want to blame somebody, think about it.

Interesting.

I picked one up for myself, just one because well living in Tokyo there just isn't enough room to have every 1/48 made on display in your room and have a place to keep the packaging. I want mine I deserve mine I stood in line for hours, and took tons of pictures for you guys. My coworker picked one up which was the one that sold for $456. He is not a Macross fan he just picked one up because I picked one up, and he had to deal with me going around looking for anything Macross to report back here.

So let me ask all of you this. Why is it that no body, not one single member asked me to pick a VF-1s Wethering Special before I went to Wonder Fest. I didn't get a single PM about a WS until after Wonder Fest was done and over with. This MW Tokyo based member (Me) does everything I can for the MW community and it sucks to read that I'm part of the so-called problem when it comes to scalpers and high priced items.

Wow! You mean you would have actually done that for the members here? I think that's awesome. I'm still pretty much clueless around these parts and had no idea about the wonder fest or that the weathered Roy would be available there. I for one, had I been in the know, would have taken you up on that offer and had you pick me up at least three. If there are guys here who knew they could have gotten it through you and are now griping about those going for sky high prices on Ebay, then I say shame on them.

SaveRobotech, I wouldn't take it personally and I still don't understand anyone's real gripe. Doesn't it say Yamato will be selling it from their website later? Why is everyone trying to get this one now?

Got to agree with you Jenius. I don't understand the gripe either. If you want it and you're willing to shell the extra bucks, then go for it. If you want to play wait out beat out , then do that. It is what it is ya know? Just go with the flow and it will be what it's going to be. Period. B))

Edited by MacrossMan

well I lurk on these boards and Ill tell you my reasons why I didnt ask you.

1. I dont know you well enough. Not as in I dont trust you but I usually ask friends or people I know if Im asking them for a big favor.

2. I knew there would be a limit and I knew that there would be a long line and that for doing all of that you should get it for yourself.

3. I remember a while back I wanted something you were bringing back from Japan to sell in Cali. I was the first to pm that I wanted it but you told me you wouldnt sell it to me since I didnt live by you. I think you said something like if noone wants it then maybe Ill sell it to you. After that I figured if you wouldnt ship me something to me within the US. I doubt you wouldve shipped something from Japan to me in the US.

You asked why noone asked and I figured I should answer you.

Interesting.

Holy bull-ankle sandwiches and collard greens! Bidding is up to $490.00!!! Unbelieveable! This is actually starting to get a little funny to see just how far people are willing to go for these! Must be the shot glass that comes with it. :wacko:

Edited by MacrossMan

look at the bid history. All the names have a letter followed by **** followed by another letter. Suspicious if you ask me!

EDIT: Sorry, My bad. I guess that is ebays way of protecting buyers from getting personal.

Edited by miriya

Well, the LV1 was up that high and higher remember we could get those through sellers other than WF and the Yamato website.

The fact that Yamato will not ship to the US will drive up the prices combined with the obsessive nature of collectors.

Yes, I am calling myself BLACK!

SaveRT: It is a kind offer to pick one up. Sorry that I did not ask yet I am moving next month and the wife will kill me if another box arrives.

Funny that two rather large boxes arrived from HLJ today.

well I lurk on these boards and Ill tell you my reasons why I didnt ask you.

1. I dont know you well enough. Not as in I dont trust you but I usually ask friends or people I know if Im asking them for a big favor.

2. I knew there would be a limit and I knew that there would be a long line and that for doing all of that you should get it for yourself.

3. I remember a while back I wanted something you were bringing back from Japan to sell in Cali. I was the first to pm that I wanted it but you told me you wouldnt sell it to me since I didnt live by you. I think you said something like if noone wants it then maybe Ill sell it to you. After that I figured if you wouldnt ship me something to me within the US. I doubt you wouldve shipped something from Japan to me in the US.

You asked why noone asked and I figured I should answer you.

1. True nor do I know you. I usually do the same.

2. As It happened to be and I did.

3. Facts are a bit mixed there buddy. I never said I wouldn't sell it to you since you didn't live by me. I was visiting California and I had made a post of sale items I would be taking back and that the items were only for meet up buy only since no shipping would be involved. It was stated in the post meet up only, you sent me a PM asking about it but you were not going to the meet up but asked for it to be shipped. I had said well those who show up have first dibs and if it doesn't get picked up at the meet up I would be happy to sell it to you. Well it sold so there was nothing to sell to you, even though you were interested in the item. You ignored the post of meet up only sale, and I still tried to accommodate your request if it had fell in your favor but it didn't and now you use it to discredit me.

So again you didn't get your way and I'm to blame.

It's stuff like this that makes me think about changing my signature to:

Macross Miser

Every Macross World Member for himself!

Edited by SaveRobotech

Interesting.

dude, we didn't know about it until after we saw the pictures of it at WF.

Save Robotech,

I usually make sure that I thank who ever posts pictures first before any comment and your post just indirectly reminded me that I havent this time.

I apologize and I sincerely thank you for your service. I always look forward to these upcoming "fests" but I realize they're pretty much meaningless if we didnt have people like you consistently attending and being our eyes and ears.

Hurin,

Haterist made valid a point, he had an opinion... it's his right.

If it offended anyone... let the offended express the resentment.

You have an uncanny ability to layout effectively your point and all the evidences needed to back them... but you know and should know by now... with haterist, it doesn't matter. You can point that stuff out to a T, and it wont matter. He'll squiggle his way out, rally his backers and sanctify himself a maytr. So why?? Let him be...

His screen names perfectly serves as instruction. Haterist.... Do Not Disturb...

Haterist,

Dude... whoosaaa~~~

Edited by Nani?!

Lets begin. You asked why noone asked you. I simply replied. I understand you didnt want to sell it since it was meet up only. I guess I was afraid that you would want to do a meetup only sale again and since I dont plan on visiting Japan or Cali anytime soon I guess Im out of luck. Thats fine. I know you sold or sent some other stuff to other people but again I dont know you nor is there anything you owe me. So to be clear I dont blame you.

1. So we agree! :)

2. Again we agree!

3. You are right...but I never blamed you. You asked why noone asked you and I replied why I didnt ask you. I thought it was pretty simple. For the most part I have had great experiences with MW. Im thankful this place exists and most of my interactions have been positive. I help members so far only one but where I live there arent many around and members help me. I guess the thing I didnt get was why your post seemed so angry regarding why noone asked you. Maybe I am assuming this like I think you assumed I blamed you. I reread my post and I dont recall blaming you. Fact of the matter is you got yours and Im happy you got it because you put in the time for it.

In the end I answered your question. In the future if I throw out a question please feel free to answer me as well. I usually look forward to those replies!

I agree with you on your last comment.

1. True nor do I know you. I usually do the same.

2. As It happened to be and I did.

3. Facts are a bit mixed there buddy. I never said I wouldn't sell it to you since you didn't live by me. I was visiting California and I had made a post of sale items I would be taking back and that the items were only for meet up buy only since no shipping would be involved. It was stated in the post meet up only, you sent me a PM asking about it but you were not going to the meet up but asked for it to be shipped. I had said well those who show up have first dibs and if it doesn't get picked up at the meet up I would be happy to sell it to you. Well it sold so there was nothing to sell to you, even though you were interested in the item. You ignored the post of meet up only sale, and I still tried to accommodate your request if it had fell in your favor but it didn't and now you use it to discredit me.

So again you didn't get your way and I'm to blame.

It's stuff like this that makes me think about changing my signature to:

Macross Miser

Every Macross World Member for himself!

To the fellow drunks on MW: if we need to form a support group, so that we don't buy one of these under the influence, then so be it. ;) If you feel the need to bid while your vision is blurry, then post up here; someone will respond to your cry for help. :lol: