Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

I pre-ordered the Cuirasser at my local hobby store. Passed on Saber, though. Didn't like her design much--too plain, and the sword design looked tacky. I like Irisviel and her wire hawk thing, but since I didn't watch the anime, I decided to save the cash for something else.

I'm thinking about pre-ordering Kiritsugu, though. I'm a real sucker for assassin-type figs. Really liking his weapons, and thought he'd look cool riding that sweet bike.

A question to those who've watched the anime: is Saber the only one who ever rode the Cuirasser?

If I had some spare fig funds to throw around, I'd go for the Black Lotus and Silver Crow. Thing is, I've got a crapload of pre-orders on my plate (HT Tumbler and Bat-pod taking up the majority of my funds), and I've never played Excel World.

Sweet designs, though.

Link will be my fourth Figma figure (Lum, Robocop, Samus).

Yeah, after decades it's nice to FINALLY get a Link action figure.

Kinda miffed I didn't pick up Golgo 13 and Guts when I had a chance.

Anyone else picked up Fireball Charming Drossel? The design piqued my interest, and after watching the CG short clips, I just had to buy one.

Pre-ordered the bike, too.

Now if only they came up with a Gedachtnis fig. That said, I know they probably won't. He'll be WAY too big for MF to even attempt, considering the average size of the figmas.

I prefer the original twin-tails Drossel to the hime-cut Drossel in Charming. Too bad I missed that release, because now they go for more than I'd want to spend on one (unless I get a Chinese knock-off).

Edited by JELEINEN

I wanted to get the first version of Drossel back then myself, but a lack of spare funds as usual made me pass on it.

Charming Drossel's got her own...er, charm, though. Really reminds me of those androids in Will Smith's I-Robot.

• 2 weeks later...

Against my better judgement, I just pre-ordered figma Fate/Zero Emiya Kiritsugu. Haven't even watched the anime, and it's obvious he's not the main character, but that sweet Walther WA-2000 sniper rifle sealed the deal for me.

Just couldn't put the money down for Saber--that damn sword just looks too much like a child's toy.

I got the Charming Drossel about a month or so ago. It's really nice, but it is my first Figma toy and to be honest I expected a bit better quality. But it is not bad by any means, and I am looking forward to picking up the unibike thing when it comes out later this year.

• 1 month later...

I'm still not sure if that's good news or bad news. On the one hand, my wallet could use a break; on the other hand... awesome!

I don't collect Hot Toys or any other 1/6 scale stuff (if I did, on top of everything else I spend money on, I'd be in the poor house) so 1/12-ish scale Figmas are a great substitute; their sculpts are generally very good and tactile quality has been consistently top notch, with only a few quirks, with everything in the line released so far. I do wonder how the Iron Man suit will compare with the Revoltech ones in size, quality, and poseability.

Edited by mechaninac