Maxfactory's Figma Line

wolfx

• 4 weeks later...

Urgent question here, guys.

I just brought the Figma 140 BRS TV Animation version home, and found that flexible plastic parts (the hood and back of her coat) was kind of sticky. The other figmas I've bought in the past were never sticky.

Has anyone got the figure also, and is it the same with yours? I won't bother getting a replacement if they're all the same.

I just brought the Figma 140 BRS TV Animation version home, and found that flexible plastic parts (the hood and back of her coat) was kind of sticky. The other figmas I've bought in the past were never sticky.

Has anyone got the figure also, and is it the same with yours? I won't bother getting a replacement if they're all the same.

I have a few figmas but never had a sticky one. Maybe let it dry?

I have a few figmas but never had a sticky one. Maybe let it dry?

You mean they actually spray a clear coat over the plastic, or were you joking? Damn thing's freaking me out. It's not like gluey residue or anything, but it feels sort of "tacky" to the touch. Dust will certainly stick to the surface if I display it without a clear case, and I've no idea if I'll ever be able to get the dust off.

Maybe I should try and get it replaced, after all. :(

BTW, the sword is also not perfectly straight, although it seems to be part and parcel of the recent decline in QC of Figma's these days. I've heard quite a few complaints on their Ika Musume fig.

Edited by GU-11

Crap. The store refused to replace it for me. Said it was the same with the whole batch, and that it was some kind of oil. I call BS on that. It wasn't oil, but the plastic itself. I tried washing it, but it was the same.

Would it be a good idea to spray a thin coat of gloss on it?

You mean they actually spray a clear coat over the plastic, or were you joking? Damn thing's freaking me out. It's not like gluey residue or anything, but it feels sort of "tacky" to the touch. Dust will certainly stick to the surface if I display it without a clear case, and I've no idea if I'll ever be able to get the dust off.

I thought some of the parts on certain figmas were painted but I could be wrong. No I wasn't joking about airing it out...

I thought some of the parts on certain figmas were painted but I could be wrong. No I wasn't joking about airing it out...

Yeah, I think there are certain figmas that were painted, like the white trims on the coats of the BRS figs.

As for airing it out, I'm VERY worried about having dust settle on the surface, and having a hard time washing it off. Would it be enough to just get it out of the box but inside an inclosed display case?

I wish a figma of Roy or Marth...

And I've been wishing for a Motoko Kusanagi figma for years, my friend. Either it happens or it doesn't.

Checked mine today. No problems with the plastic. If plastic isn't mixed properly (oils) then you get the problem you are experiencing. The only answer is to leave it alone in a cool dry place - try not to get fingerprints, residue or dust on it, cool water should be harmless.

Checked mine today. No problems with the plastic. If plastic isn't mixed properly (oils) then you get the problem you are experiencing. The only answer is to leave it alone in a cool dry place - try not to get fingerprints, residue or dust on it, cool water should be harmless.

Dang, I guess I got a lemon...well, not really a lemon, but I'll have to be super careful during handling and get a display case for it.

Would a coat of Future Floor Polish or clear gloss spray help?

Dang, I guess I got a lemon...well, not really a lemon, but I'll have to be super careful during handling and get a display case for it.

Would a coat of Future Floor Polish or clear gloss spray help?

Really, I'd just leave it alone. From what I remember PVC and enamel-based paints will result in melting. Acrylic should normally be okay, but I would expect it to add to the problem and delay the drying if the plastic is still damp.

Oh, and I'm NOT an expert. This is just what I remember from figure building and painting years ago.

Really, I'd just leave it alone. From what I remember PVC and enamel-based paints will result in melting. Acrylic should normally be okay, but I would expect it to add to the problem and delay the drying if the plastic is still damp.

Good point. I guess I'll just leave it in a display case for a couple of weeks and hope it dries, and the stickiness goes away. Leaving it in an air-conditioned room might help with the drying process.

And I've been wishing for a Motoko Kusanagi figma for years, my friend. Either it happens or it doesn't.

I ordered these because the Max Factory are making a "non-official" Set of Smash Bros. We already have Samus, Link and now comes Pit^^

I'm starting to suspect the BRS I got might be a KO. The cannon in the pics on the box was weathered in metallic drybrushing on the edges, but the actual one wasn't. Hopefully this is just a "subject to change" thing, or just a manufacturing snafu.

Guys, is it the same with yours?

My bad. Just brought the fig out to the patio, and under direct sunlight, I noticed that the cannon DOES have weathering, but way more subtle than the pics on the back of the box. The silver weathering was almost invisible under indoor lighting.

Edited by GU-11

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DO NOT BUY THE "CHINESE VERSIONS" of the figma line!!! :(

I read some of the members noticed "low quality" workmanship in their recent figma figures. I have several genuine figmas I got from reputable companies and I have no issues with them.

But, I decided to buy a "Chinese version" to see why the price was 1/4 of the regular figmas. And here is what I have noticed:

• Cheaper PVC type plastics that feel lighter and cracks easier
  • Joints loose due to cracks
  • Joints are made with cheaper and harder plastics prone to cracking
  • Flesh color incorrect, too peach colored
  • Extra pieces of flash plastics are still stuck on the limbs
  • Clear plastic display base is yellowish and has cracks
  • Eye and mouth coloring have defects
  • Major warping or deformation some pieces

In short, these "Chinese versions" are basically made with rejected parts or poor imitation pieces. They are at most for spare parts or use for modifying. That's why I bought it.

Just a consumer tip. :D

Huh...I thought they were all made in China?

...as a matter of fact, my Link says "Made in China" on the box and it looks fine to me. I got it from HLJ if that means anything.

Edited by xrentonx

Anime52k8 beat me to it; there are cheap bootlegs. I once bought a Saber Lily off ebay for considerably less than the average price; when I got it its quality was immediately apparent to be considerably inferior to the genuine article. Like I said, it was cheap so I wasn't overly put off by it as it still displays well... it just doesn't hold up to up-close scrutiny.

• 3 weeks later...

haha i guess right before hopping on this thread. The only anime that I know of that includes checkered black and white. Then again I just saw the movie.

Noir had the black/white checkered background for the scene with Mireille's flashbacks when her parents got murdered inside their estate. I believe the tile floors were all black/white checkers.

Honestly, as much as I like BRS, I just can't keep up with the endless versions that figma churns out. OVA version, game version, WF exclusive, white version, insane version, and now it's TV the version....

So far the only TV version I've got is BRS herself. DM and BGS don't differ enough from the OVA versions to warrant a purchase.

I just hope figma will continue with the other unreleased characters from Huke's artwork.

Honestly, as much as I like BRS, I just can't keep up with the endless versions that figma churns out. OVA version, game version, WF exclusive, white version, insane version, and now it's TV the version....

So far the only TV version I've got is BRS herself. DM and BGS don't differ enough from the OVA versions to warrant a purchase.

I just hope figma will continue with the other unreleased characters from Huke's artwork.

Since I just started on Figmas, the TV series versions are my only real option without spending unreasonable amounts of money.

• 3 weeks later...