oh god oh god oh god oh god....

Oh, god....

I just went out for a late night drive. I'd found out some bad news, and wanted to clear my head py practicing my stich technique. Well, coming around a corner on my local mountain road, I hit the wrong pedal, and my car oversteered. I tried to correct, overcorrected, and slammed over the curb, up the dirt incline, and into the retaining wall. The engine runs, but the throttle is stuck, and won't go below 4k rpm, the hood is buckled, and the front right corner has a huge hole in it. The engine runs, and feels OK, but the car is stuck,a nd my parents are pissed! I think the car is so bad, fixing it would cost more than the car is worth.

R.I.P., Miata.

Oh, god....

I just went out for a late night drive. I'd found out some bad news, and wanted to clear my head py practicing my stich technique. Well, coming around a corner on my local mountain road, I hit the wrong pedal, and my car oversteered. I tried to correct, overcorrected, and slammed over the curb, up the dirt incline, and into the retaining wall. The engine runs, but the throttle is stuck, and won't go below 4k rpm, the hood is buckled, and the front right corner has a huge hole in it. The engine runs, and feels OK, but the car is stuck,a nd my parents are pissed! I think the car is so bad, fixing it would cost more than the car is worth.

R.I.P., Miata.

But it sounds as if you are OK, and that's all that matters.

Cars are material, and can be replaced.

Of course, I wrecked my car when I was 19 as well, and being too proud for public transportation, and having no cash for a new vehicle, I dropped out of college, and joined the Army :D .

Edited by Mechamaniac

Did the same thing when I was a Kid, 17 years old.....except mine was a Porche. Wrong pedal. The car was mine (wasn't the greatest but mine..I paid for it by working my A$$ off for 3 summers) but what I hit was a Mercedes. Totalled both. I got yelled at, cursed ect. But what it comes down to is that you were okay, and your parents will see that as well. It may feel like the end now but later on you will see the brighter side of things.

Sorry about the car. Real glad you are okay.

Rob MN

Glad your OK, been thier done that (i hate that sinking feeling)

BTW- how bad is the car, ya know a ford 5.0ltr bolts right up ,via Monster Miata

http://www.v8miata.com/Monster_Miata_Specs.asp

If your interested in selling let me know, Ive been wanting to do one for years

Good luck with all and hope everything works out for ya, Allways keep in mind that it could have been a lot worse, glad your OK

sry for your car, btw what was the bad news you heard?

You can always fix your car if you know enough about cars, with luck you can find the parts you need in a junk yard ( i visit pull and save here for my car parts ).

sry for your car, btw what was the bad news you heard?

You can always fix your car if you know enough about cars, with luck you can find the parts you need in a junk yard ( i visit pull and save here for my car parts ).

I found out that my friend, one I though was trutsworthy and responsible, is dealing drugs.

Thanks for the support, guys, by the way.

The car, like I said, seems to be mechanically OK, but it's a 13 year old car, and fixing it just isn't worth it. The only thing, is that the suspension may be messed up, but it seems OK, but worse, I think the frame may be bent.

At least you're okay, and at least it was your car.

Like a week after I got my license, I was speeding to make a greenlight, understeered, over-corrected, didn't re-correct to avoid hitting some old guy's 'vette at the intersection, and wrapped my mom's car around a phone pole. The front end was pushed halfway to the dash (thank god for the cabin's frame!), and I wrenched my shoulder to boot. For that reason, I got to ride the ambulance to the emergency room... which was good, because if I wasn't hurt, my mom probably would have sent me!

I just went out for a late night drive. I'd found out some bad news, and wanted to clear my head py practicing my stich technique.

Hold on a tic.

What is the stich technique? Are you talking about the stick technique? :blink:

Don't take this the wrong way.......but I just had to post this.

post-26-1067018098_thumb.jpg

Well that sucks for your friend and the miata My dad owns a 1991 British Racing Green Special Edition Miata. Right now the speakers are messed up. Sounds distorted on the front speakers. Anyways, you are ok. So now what? Your parents are pissed. So what? Nothing that money cannot fix. Looking at it now, it is bad but later on, you will laugh at this. As for your friend... drop him/her like a rock. If your friend goes down, you will go down if you are around him/her and it will be worse than your stint wrecking the miata. I mean if you already reasoned with this person, then you were being a friend. If he/she didnt listen, that is now his/her problem. Sorry to be blunt but I have seen a lot crap when I grew up. Just my $0.02.

seems like all teens tend to get into a fender bender...or worse. I remember gettin into this horrible accident on the freeway(totally not my fault, I promise ;) ) when my car stopped, I jumped out of the car cursing(cuz I was in an accident less than a year ago, my fault) and on the freeway, just because you're stopped, doesn't mean the cars behind you stopped. I only realized this when I heard the screeching of car tires...THAT scared the bejeezus out of me.

but yah, I'm sure your parents will be glad you're ok even when they're yelling at you.

lesson learned: don't buy your kids nice cars! :lol:

Glad you're okay, man. I did something similar when I had my learner's permit and my mom was riding with me. I accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake and nailed a guard rail (only at about 15mph), but she was pissed. It was in traffic and she just told me to get out, took the wheel, and we drove off. No insurance form necessary, officer, we'll just head on home if you don't mind.

I just went out for a late night drive. I'd found out some bad news, and wanted to clear my head py practicing my stich technique.

Hold on a tic.

What is the stich technique? Are you talking about the stick technique? :blink:

Don't take this the wrong way.......but I just had to post this.

Yeah, I meant Stick technique.

I'm sory, but I have to tell you, I know that guy! :lol::lol: That's Al, A.K.A. Eurobeat King. He ran the Initial D cosplay group I was in at Ani-Magic. :lol:

Well, back to the real problems....It's not really my car....it's supposed to be, but it's legally my dad's......

And worse, well, I'm not exactly licensed yet. I'm getting it next week, and had just gone to practice before my test, on the road near here that's always empty, because my parents are always too buys.....

Edited by Commander McBride

well then, looks like ur lisence will be suspended for a year and ur insurance will be crazy high, this is yet another reason not be hard on your car, i used to tailwhip every turn, do random powerslides and such, its all well and good if ur actually in a race, but then one day one of my tires got ripped off the rim in a slide, ever since then ive been very gentle on my car cuz i love my car and i want it to last as long possible

well then, looks like ur lisence will be suspended for a year and ur insurance will be crazy high, this is yet another reason not be hard on your car, i used to tailwhip every turn, do random powerslides and such, its all well and good if ur actually in a race, but then one day one of my tires got ripped off the rim in a slide, ever since then ive been very gentle on my car cuz i love my car and i want it to last as long possible

Well, I don't think it'll be suspended, 'cause the cops weren't involved. Man, like I said though, what really sucks is that I wasn't pushing it at all. I just hit the stupid wrong pedal and... :angry:

Sending out some good karma!

I hate finding out that someone that you thought was trustworthy - isn't.

Glad to hear that you are in one piece still!

:)

what??? you can't deal drugs and be trustworthy??? :blink::blink:

or did he lie to you about dealing in the first place?

Good karma at you either way.

as for Christa McAuliffe... she was the first teacher in space... she was also well know for such jokes as...

what color are Christa McAuliffe's eyes... blue... one blew this way and one blew that way

what were her famous last words... "what's this button do"

what was the last thing in her head... the dashboard

her last words to her family... "you feed the dog and I'll feed the fish

where did she take vacation... all over florida

why is the official drink of NASA coke? because they couldn't get 7 up

how do you fit seven astronauts in a compact car... put them in the ashtray

As for wrecking cars... been there done that. If you have ever parked a car in a tree... I don't me around mind you but actually in a tree 15 feet off the ground... you might have an idea :rolleyes: . Off roading in a 81 camaro is never a good idea either :blink: . My first vehicle was a chevy s10 that my dad gave me after getting hit by two snowplows, a backhoe, a deer, and rolled twice. Great first vehicle though... I used to roll it for fun and never got yelled at as my parents never noticed the additional damage.

just remember... it's only a mistake if you don't learn from it ;)

well even with the cops not involvedu still might get suspended, unless ur parents r gonna take the blame for you to the insurance company, either way somebodys insurance is gonna climb faster than a green snake up a sugar cane

Commander McBride, I feel your pain. In Texas in 1997 I lost a brand spanking new Miata to a semi on the interstate. Totaled... Mashed... Gone with a capital G. I was lucky to be alive. (other nastiness soon followed but I won't get into that). A police report was filed and I was judged to be "in the right" in the accident because the semi fled the scene leaving me in the ditch. I had no points on my license and my own insurance did not go up because the cops tracked down the semi and the trucking company's insurance paid for my totaled Miata (a price which of course did not cover the real value of the car) and my quite steep hospital bills.

Goodnight sweet MX-5, may flights of angels carry thee to thy rest.

Well, it's good that you didn't get hurt and it's only a car. Everyone's gotten in a few accidents. I got hit by two people (on two occasions) that thought I was going to run a red light that I didn't (as in it was red 2 cars before me and people were still going through). After that happened the second time, I just did whatever I went out to do, drove the car back and I haven't driven since. The car didn't even get dented, but I knew sooner or later some dumb person would wind up putting all of us in the hospital. That was more than 3 years ago and I wouldn't want to drive now (not so sure of those skills, especially since I had my license for like 18 months at the time). On the plus side, I have a ton more money now that I don't drive anymore (no more insurance, tags, and like the 4 various city permits).

Is the Miata that little 2 seat convertible MG type thingy? If so you're very lucky to not be hurt. It may not be all bad though, Both of my cars got squished by a tree in the hurricane so I went out and bought a nice new-ish Jeep. Definately a step up from a '76 280z and a '85 prelude, neither of which had working heaters. :)

One thing that really sucks is that the car itself wasn't insured. It had insurance for crash liability, but not for the car itself.

And, apparently, I'm insanely lucky to have made it out. The car was on a slope, with two wheels on the ground and two up, and due to the angle of the slope, the car would have flipped had it gone two more feet. In a little convertible, it would have been sure death.

well even with the cops not involvedu still might get suspended, unless ur parents r gonna take the blame for you to the insurance company, either way somebodys insurance is gonna climb faster than a green snake up a sugar cane

I htink the car is just going to dissappear from the plan. There's no reason to get the insurance company involved.