1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

YOu forgot to add crappy shaped tailfins amd also stubbier front and ridiculous double bump from the side profile with reduced details on the landing gear.
I think the 1/60 tailfins, though a bit small, are much more accurately shaped than the 1/48's. If you look at the line art, the 1/48 tailfins are totally wrong. As for the "stubbier front," I pesonally don't see it, and this shows that it isn't really stubbier at all. I agree that the 1/60 double bump is not as nice as the 1/48 canopy's smooth contour, but it doesn't bug me nearly as much as the low-hanging shoulders of the 1/48. The new front landing gear looks good enough for me, but I personally don't care much about detailed gear.

I think the 1/60 tailfins, though a bit small, are much more accurately shaped than the 1/48's. If you look at the line art, the 1/48 tailfins are totally wrong. As for the "stubbier front," I pesonally don't see it, and this shows that it isn't really stubbier at all. I agree that the 1/60 double bump is not as nice as the 1/48 canopy's smooth contour, but it doesn't bug me nearly as much as the low-hanging shoulders of the 1/48. The new front landing gear looks good enough for me, but I personally don't care much about detailed gear.

I don't see it that way at all. If anything, the 1/48 is closer to the lineart, particularly with the angle of the first backward edge.

I think it’s great that Yamato is investing in a new line of Macross toys; it can only mean bigger and better things for Macross in the future. But I am surprised how excited everyone here seems to be about some 1-60 VF-1’s. Does anyone here plan on selling 48’s to get 60’s?

I'm not getting rid of any of my 1/48 scale VF-1 Valkyries, but at the same time, I've always liked having smaller VF-1 Valkyries available; way back when the 1/55 was the only game in town, I still bought the smaller VF-1 offerings after owning the 1/55 scale ones. I'm probably in the minority, but getting smaller perfect transformation versions of the VF-1 is very exciting news for me.

Bulging along the sides is ok for realism, but the overall width of the 1/48 (and now 1/60) canopy is far bigger compared to fighters of the same size (e.g., F-16). Compare the 1/48 to an F-14, F-16, F-15, or even F/A-18 model - the canopy looks downright toylike.

Like Ghostryder said, Bulbous is different than too wide. This and the 1/48s canopies are too wide when viewed from above. Like someone else said probably just a comprimise for Batt mode. Not a deal breaker just my least favorite feature from the 1/48 that is in this design as well. Overall I really do like the way it looks.

Chris

I'd like to know if the 1/60 GBP armor will fit these new perfect transformation 1/60 valks, if so I'm sold and will finally have my GBP VF-1J (never did get around to getting that sucker in 1/48 scale). Also hoping for some Glaugs and Regulds, please Yamato.

I'd like to know if the 1/60 GBP armor will fit these new perfect transformation 1/60 valks, if so I'm sold and will finally have my GBP VF-1J (never did get around to getting that sucker in 1/48 scale). Also hoping for some Glaugs and Regulds, please Yamato.

If they make those or announce plans to...it's on like neckbone.

I'll likely pick one up. 100 bucks a pop, with shipping and no FAST packs? Not likely to dive headfirst into them. If the fast packs are cheap, I might buy a couple. I really dislike the old 1/60 line. I'm surprised that it seems so few people are bothered by the hideous hip bulges on the things. To me they're an eyesore worse than any swing bars, or skeleton hands.

Also, I imagine this new 1/60 line will continue the trend towards less die-cast, for better or for worse. I just don't know, the price seems a bit steep to me. Though I have to admit, the pics we have so far look nice.

Given the current trend of Yamato including all kinds of accessories (SV-51, boosters, stand---YF-21, FAST packs, stand) with their releases, I think we'll see FAST packs included in the package with the 1/60 VF-1 line. And if they don't include it with a certain release, I'm sure it'll be cheaper than 100 bucks.

Also hoping for some Glaugs and Regulds, please Yamato.
Me too, but gawd, how much would Yamato try to squeeze us for a 1/60 battlepod? Yamato, I don't care how tall they are or how good they look -- I'm not going to pay more than $40 for a non-transformable ball on top of skinny legs.

Me too, but gawd, how much would Yamato try to squeeze us for a 1/60 battlepod? Yamato, I don't care how tall they are or how good they look -- I'm not going to pay more than $40 for a non-transformable ball on top of skinny legs.

The Q raus were $110 retail weren't they? Bought some for half that price but still not at $40.

The Q raus were $110 retail weren't they? Bought some for half that price but still not at $40.

I got a few for $40.00 last year, but only kept one.

I think retail was actually 90.00, but you have to remember that the Q-rau is rather large.

$80.00 would still be an attractive price (this would also be for the Destroids and Enemy Mecha).

I got a few for $40.00 last year, but only kept one.

I think retail was actually 90.00, but you have to remember that the Q-rau is rather large.

$80.00 would still be an attractive price (this would also be for the Destroids and Enemy Mecha).

The Rau is the same size, it may have skinny legs but the main body is huge... which would make engineering that much more challenging, unless they just provide a stand with it. That would still cost extra $$$. $90 was before importing it, but it was $110 everywhere. F&S and VEX.

Like Ghostryder said, Bulbous is different than too wide. This and the 1/48s canopies are too wide when viewed from above. Like someone else said probably just a comprimise for Batt mode. Not a deal breaker just my least favorite feature from the 1/48 that is in this design as well. Overall I really do like the way it looks.

Chris

I agree - I've lived with the wide 1/48 canopy so long, I can live with the same on the 1/60. I loving the 1/60 battroid mode too much to let this one pass. I'll still buy at least 2 or 3 :rolleyes: .

Damn, I was gone for a week and I missed this? As much I am happy for the revamped 1/60 coming for the VF-1, part of me seems really irked by this new 1/60. I like it to be the same scale as the other 1/60s but good lord, I have over 140 1/48s. Sure I wont sell em but man why regress? Now it means I have to remove the 1/48s to place the 1/60s so everything is to scale? Or buy new display case. :) Seriously, I am irritated by this announcement. Why didnt they do that in the first place? Piss poor marketing and execution IMO. On the flip side, I can see Yamato making the 1/60 destroids, finally the 2 seater VF-1. and enemy mecha... so I cannot be too upset with all the macross goodies coming then. I am on the wall on this...

My questions:

1. Will they have the nice gummy complete pilots that can fit into the cockpit not the stupid half-@$$ed figs I saw with the VT-1 Super Ostrich?

2. How about yellowing? My VF-1A Hikaru DYRL 1/60 is yellowing. Even the missiles are yellowing. My 1/48s have not yellowed at all.

3. Will the macross stands work with it?

Damn, I was gone for a week and I missed this? As much I am happy for the revamped 1/60 coming for the VF-1, part of me seems really irked by this new 1/60. I like it to be the same scale as the other 1/60s but good lord, I have over 140 1/48s. Sure I wont sell em but man why regress? Now it means I have to remove the 1/48s to place the 1/60s so everything is to scale? Or buy new display case. :) Seriously, I am irritated by this announcement. Why didnt they do that in the first place? Piss poor marketing and execution IMO. On the flip side, I can see Yamato making the 1/60 destroids, finally the 2 seater VF-1. and enemy mecha... so I cannot be too upset with all the macross goodies coming then. I am on the wall on this...

My questions:

1. Will they have the nice gummy complete pilots that can fit into the cockpit not the stupid half-@$$ed figs I saw with the VT-1 Super Ostrich?

2. How about yellowing? My VF-1A Hikaru DYRL 1/60 is yellowing. Even the missiles are yellowing. My 1/48s have not yellowed at all.

3. Will the macross stands work with it?

SUCKA!!!

talking about stike/super packs...I wonder how small the micro missles would be in 1/60 scale, in case they decided to make it at the same level of detail as the 1/48 line...maybe then they'll have a reason to call em micro missles