1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Watch,

One of these days Kawamori is gonna say screw you all & retcon SDFM and DYRL to say the VF-1 was actually the same size as the VF-0.

So the 1/48 WILL actually be 1/60 after that adjustment & will be canon and all the new 1/60's will actually be 1/72

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

come to think of it... I read a blog site once that features mecha designer and their work, including Kawamori, since he also design a couple of gundams maybe he adjust the scale to be contrasted to the VF-1's apparently they have no basis of scaling that time. That's why 1/48 if converted to an actual 1/1 the plane will be ridiculously enormous, imagine a 8 feet tall pilot :blink: if compared to the VF-0's scale. on the other hand 1/60 VF-0's are much more likely to be scaled at an actual tomcat(Kawamori's fav. fighter plane and inspired him on making VFs). Sorry guys I can't provide the link I've read it long time ago :mellow:

come to think of it... I read a blog site once that features mecha designer and their work, including Kawamori, since he also design a couple of gundams maybe he adjust the scale to be contrasted to the VF-1's apparently they have no basis of scaling that time. That's why 1/48 if converted to an actual 1/1 the plane will be ridiculously enormous, imagine a 8 feet tall pilot :blink: if compared to the VF-0's scale. on the other hand 1/60 VF-0's are much more likely to be scaled at an actual tomcat(Kawamori's fav. fighter plane and inspired him on making VFs). Sorry guys I can't provide the link I've read it long time ago :mellow:

What inspired Kawamori was the XB-70 valkyrie. He actually said the VF-1 drew inspiration by both the F/A-18 Hornet and F-111 Aardvark. No doubt there is influence by the Tomcat. The VF-1 in 1/1 scale is smaller than the F-16, so it could be said its tiny compared to modern fighters.

What inspired Kawamori was the XB-70 valkyrie. He actually said the VF-1 drew inspiration by both the F/A-18 Hornet and F-111 Aardvark. No doubt there is influence by the Tomcat. The VF-1 in 1/1 scale is smaller than the F-16, so it could be said its tiny compared to modern fighters.

well thanks for the correction ;):p . hmm from what youd said I agree... imagining a VF-1 that small :unsure: well we have to wait until further statement on this upcomming remodeled VF-1(haha no chicken hands! at last).

I would appreciate side covers be included.

I agree. This should have the side covers, that piece that goes behind the neck (if it needs it), and hopefully, the intake covers are removeable (looks that way) and the retracted intake covers are molded and not cheap stickers. Speaking of Yamato's crappy stickers, I doubt that's one thing that's going to change.

I wasn't looking forward to buying another line of VF-1's, especially from Yamato, but if they're priced right at this scale, and they come through on the 2-seaters, I might change my mind. It's going to be interesting to see how low 1/48 prices are going to fall once these come out. Damn you, Yamato!

Graham, do you know or can you tell us what kind of exhaust it will have. I'd love to have a VF-1 that finally has the accurate panel type exausts.

Chris

I'm wondering about this, too. One thing I'm hoping for, but I have a feeling they may not do, is a proper TV-style VF-1A head if they get around to the TV VF-1A Valks. Also, I'd love to see them do the detailed underbelly section between the wings that can be seen in the lineart in Gerwalk mode. I guess they couldn't do this on the 1/48 because of the swing bar and shoulder design. I'm anxious to see how they are doing the swing bar on this to minimize the low hanging arms in fighter mode.

Around 10,000 yen as expected. Am I the only MW who didn`t buy a 1/48 (Not joking).

I never did, because the low hanging shoulders really bugged me. Because of that, the smashed canopy, and the high price, I decided to pass on all of them. I figured there would never be a perfect valkyrie to satisfy me. So I settled for the classic, and bought only a few chunky monkeys.

And now this. This looks perfect.

Whats the bet they will re-invent the 1/60 Q-Rau with better poseability for the legs and arms? Don't have to change much, just the legs!!! and to an lesser extent the arms! >_< I want 1/60 Glaug and Regult and Fighter Pod whatever that is in Macross original...!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The destroids have so much potential for 1/60 full articulated toys. I can't believe they are wasting time with this new GNU line. If they are willing to invest in that then they should so the destroids. Not even Toynami have done it, the market is ripe for them.

No! My wallet! My poor, poor wallet.. Now I have to get the entire line again.. Hopefully these will be less expensive..

Still keeping my 1/48. Love my BIG Valks. ^_^

The big question is.. Should I keep my old 1/60 VF-1 line? Will they be worth something in 25 years from now? =p

Edited by OmegaD3k

No! My wallet! My poor, poor wallet.. Now I have to get the entire line again.. Hopefully these will be less expensive..

Still keeping my 1/48. Love my BIG Valks. ^_^

The big question is.. Should I keep my old 1/60 VF-1 line? Will they be worth something in 25 years from now? =p

Honestly, the only thing going for the old 1/60 VF-1 is nostalgia, and if diecast if you're a fan of it(though it was detrimental to that design).

The way the missles attach, the articulation, the accuracy, perfect transformation, and a more sleeker underside in fighter mode compared to the 1/48 make it better than the 1/60, and close to topping the 1/48 with the exception of the moving control surfaces. This is the best inbetween we have seen thus far.

I don't feel so bad about having reduced my 1/48 collection to a Hikaru Strike. I don't think any VF-1 will ever top the 1/48 with the nice looking pilot (1/60 pilots looked scrunched) and all the interior detail on the fast packs. I'll probably get a Hikaru Strike and a Super Ostrich from this 1/60 line to have a couple of valks in the same scale and style as the rest of my Yamato stuff. I'm sure that cost will prevent me from getting more. Yamato's prices keep increasing so I can't imagine this will be less than $100.

Edited by Matt Random

This is big news. Now I have to go sell my entire 1/60 collection. I wonder if ebay isn't already flooded with 1/60 valks as we speak...

Not that I've seen so far, but if you're going to go that route, I wouldn't wait too long. Soon word will spread about the new 1/60 line and you'll be pressed to find someone that will want the old 1/60 VF-1's.

-Kyp

I can't believed I missed this!

This what I get for working during the holidays.

I have mixed feeling about this. I think what I invested in the 1/48 line. I like the 1/48. I liked the look of it in all modes and the size. The old VF-1 just looked dinky. Looked fine in fighter mode but just plain ugly in battroid mode. This new design seems much better but can Yamato make such a wonderful VF-1 at that size? If they can will it be sturdy or fragile?

I still love the 1/48!

Too be won over I'll need Yamato to release more than 1 at a time or least in a different order.

Yeah totally, new release order please, give us something new Yamato.

Like Roy 1S first which is obvious then Hik 1J then CF 1A then Max 1S then Max 1J or TV 1A then Millia 1J.

But please fit 1S Hikky Strike in before the other TV schemes...

Really crammin for the Max 1S :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

This new design seems much better but can Yamato make such a wonderful VF-1 at that size?

Yes they can. The arms don't hang down as much in fighter mode, providing a more sleeker, less obstrusive underside than the 1/48. Articulation is better than the 1/48. Arms and hands are not skinny like the 1/48. The legs match the TV animation more than the 1/48.

Yes they can. The arms don't hang down as much in fighter mode, providing a more sleeker, less obstrusive underside than the 1/48. Articulation is better than the 1/48. Arms and hands are not skinny like the 1/48. The legs match the TV animation more than the 1/48.

You've cut off the most important bit of his question, will it be study and fragile :p That' we'll have to wait and see.

I'm hoping for a different system of hooking up the FAST Packs, but we'll have to see.

You've cut off the most important bit of his question, will it be study and fragile :p That' we'll have to wait and see.

I'm hoping for a different system of hooking up the FAST Packs, but we'll have to see.

the legs at least look like it will be similar, there's still the big calf link present.

Both the original 1/60 and 1/48 were sturdy and very durable, so I hope the new one is the same. There really isn't no reason for it not to be.

Ah but the earlier 1/60 was a simple design. The 1/48 was more complex but was a bigger toy. We are talking about a VF-1 toy that is equal if not more advanced/complex as the 1/48 back in a smaller package. More parts in smaller sizes equals greater chance of breaking a part.

Both the original 1/60 and 1/48 were sturdy and very durable, so I hope the new one is the same. There really isn't no reason for it not to be.

No reason at all, but it is smaller, and we'll have to wait and see.