Custom SDF-3 from the Sentinels

Kishimoto

Well I had a forum up to see if there is anyone out there who would like to see this but only got 2 replies. They were very helpful and I appreciate the info. I'll show a picture of it anyway and see where it would go from there.

Here is my rendition of the SDF-3 that I completed about a couple of days ago. This baby is over 3ft long!

And according to the structual specs, this version doesn't transform.

I{ishimoto :D

post-26-1066834004_thumb.jpg

Well I had a forum up to see if there is anyone out there who would like to see this but only got 2 replies. They were very helpful and I appreciate the info. I'll show a picture of it anyway and see where it would go from there.
Well I'm glad you shared with us anyways. Thanks.

That's a really cool piece. Nice job, kishimoto.

3 feet!!! Where the heck do you keep that thing?!?

One question, one comment:

1- Wasn't the SDF-3 green?

2- Maybe you're intention was to make it smoothe, but I always thought of it as having organic bulbs and protrustions along the hull, ala' other Zentradi ships. But that's just me.

3 feet...geez-Louise...

See... like I said you'll get more of a response here... :)

What is it made of? Cardboard? Stryrene? How was it painted?

Looks great...

Believe it or not but I accually started out with an original SDF-1 that was badly damage. I used my all time material for customs, "cardboard" and molded around it.

For paint. I sprayed it with primer, then a flake stone paint to give it an alien look, then red and finally a clear coat. I think it came out alright.

2- Maybe you're intention was to make it smoothe, but I always thought of it as having organic bulbs and protrustions along the hull, ala' other Zentradi ships. But that's just me.

3 feet...geez-Louise...

I keep it in my hobby room/workshop. I've got plenty of room. Heck I got a custom made "Arcadia" from the anime series Captain Harlock that is over 4 ft. long!

Well some comics show it in some shade of green but the information I got from other books and websites list the SDF-3 as a reddish color. I didn't really approve of it either but I wanted to get as "close" as possible to the information provided which answers your next question.

I know that the outer appearence is not what you or any others might see it as but this is my "rendition"

my "version" and some characteristics might not meet with what some illustrations says but I tried to get it as close as possible with what I had to go on. I appreciate your insights though. Thanks!

I{ishimoto :)

3 feet...geez-Louise...

I keep it in my hobby room/workshop. I've got plenty of room. Heck I got a custom made "Arcadia" from the anime series Captain Harlock that is over 4 ft. long!

Well some comics show it in some shade of green but the information I got from other books and websites list the SDF-3 as a reddish color. I didn't really approve of it either but I wanted to get as "close" as possible to the information provided which answers your next question.

I know that the outer appearence is not what you or any others might see it as but this is my "rendition"

my "version" and some characteristics might not meet with what some illustrations says but I tried to get it as close as possible with what I had to go on. I appreciate your insights though. Thanks!

Ahhh... OK.

BTW- 4 feet long?!?

:D

3 feet...geez-Louise...

Ahhh... OK.

BTW- 4 feet long?!?

:D

Yea my ship the "Arcadia" from the hit anime series Captain Harlock. This is a very old custom I did back when I was

14yrs old. This thing is over 4 ft long and it's made mostly out of cardboard. Heck it even has lights! Right now it's in bad shape and soon I'll be restoring it to almost new condition.

I{ishimoto ;)

post-26-1066839640_thumb.jpg

Pretty nice. IIRC, it should be lumpier but I'm not complaining one bit. You should put your "recipes" on the web.

One issue I had with the design (that you faithfully reproduced, I think) is that the main cannon should STILL do the split thing to fire, shoudlnt it? Seemed a basic element of the main cannon... But that's neither here nor there. ;)

Great, great work. I only wish I could do stuff like that and have it turn out as anything other than an unrecognizable mass of glue :lol:

Have you ever thought of putting more spines or weapon barrels along the hull? I think the SDF-3 had some of those that made it look like a Zentradi cruiser.

What scale is it in?

Not bad... But it'd look a lot better if it wasn't made of cardboard.

I think the same way. Since your skills are pretty good with just cardboard I wonder how they would look in styrene, balsa wood, vacume formed, sculpey or resin recasted pieces...

post more pics....

Dude, that Arcadia is nice... How old are you now?

I'm in my early thirties. And you wouldn't believe some of the things I've done with cardboard since then!

I{ishimoto :D

Just as long as you don't follow that up by posting a picture of your wife, I think we'll be safe :)

Natural follow up being, have you done a custom Yamato? Can't have the Arcadia without the Yamato. Or better yet, something more befitting the scale you build in, a custom Andromeda?