Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

I think the VF-25 will definitely change by the time we see a closer-to-production toy...

Even Yamato went from this:

post-322-1211888014_thumb.jpg

to this:

post-322-1211888027_thumb.jpg

:p

sooooo... you're saying that bandai is going to scrap fugly DX and give us all an awesome 1/100??? :lol:

But yamato is known to do that there have been many of times that we here on these forums have changed their products ask Graham, but is Bandai willing to listen to us or just do as they please?

I expect they'll do as they please, since they do have over 40 years experience in making robot toys and are Japan's biggest toy company. Anything offered here isn't likely to have much of an impact on their decisions. Kawamori is working with them, and I think I'd rather just let him have the impact.

But h3ll, I'll put up with a little hinge and a couple of seams if it'll knock the price down under a $100 bucks. That's important to me (since unfortunately I have other things in life I have to spend money on other than Valk replicas). If I want a seamless jet fighter I'll buy a jet fighter. I want a robot, so some seams and hinges are what I expect.

hehe, OR it could go something like this:

post-322-1211900680_thumb.jpg

post-322-1211900692_thumb.jpg

post-322-1211900710_thumb.jpg

... on second thought... I hope not :blink:

so you're agreeing that bandai today is where yamato was 8 years ago? When they were making models and mock ups to figure out the design and not CAD? That's depressing to think that Bandai with CAD is worse than Yamato with clay.

Again, most Yamato prototypes shown in recent years are only of toys ready to go, with all the materials already decided on, and the molds already tooled. The DX VF-25 doesn't even look like it has a finished sculpt. Bandai usually shows products in various stages of production, whereas Yamato usually shows the CAD drawing with a testshot made from the already tooled molds.

Ginrai is right too, Bandai has been making collectors toys for years, and their SOC line is amazing. I expect nothing less for a new Macross line. This isn't 1994 where they can make kiddified DX valkyries and get away with it.

well, please show us an example of a fugly prototype DX that turned into a swan.

I just don't get why the prototype would have such off proportions. It's not like the Macross Plus valks where they needed to translate line art with heaping doses of anime magic into a 3D form. If anything, Macross Zero has shown us that a lego design, CAD refined design can be turned into a very accurate toy.

Edited by eugimon

This is rapidly devolving into one of the dumbest arguments on the internets, and that's really saying something. Why don't we just wait til the god-blasted toy comes out, then we can start a new round of idiotic arguments because the yamato drones will bitch that the macross logo is 2 mm too low or some such insanely nitpicky crap.

BTW, the idea that bandai hates macross (or has 'to prove themselves' when it comes to making macross stuff) suggests a prepubescent mentality amongst those who suggest it. The reason Bandai hasn't sunk more resources into macross toys is BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T THINK THEY COULD MAKE ENOUGH MONEY DOING SO. Yamato disagreed, and maybe they were right. Bandai evidently agrees with Yamato now, because they're making Macross F toys. This entire toy-making enterprise is just a quest for the most efficient way to remove money from your fanboy wallets. There's nothing special whatsoever about Macross, it's just another extended toy commercial designed to sell crap you don't need. Get over it.

Love,

Shag

:lol:

well, please show us an example of a fugly prototype DX that turned into a swan.

I just don't get why the prototype would have such off proportions. It's not like the Macross Plus valks where they needed to translate line art with heaping doses of anime magic into a 3D form. If anything, Macross Zero has shown us that a lego design, CAD refined design can be turned into a very accurate toy.

Maybe because the prototype shown might not even be CAD refined yet? That picture is the only thing we have to speculate off of. Not to mention Kawamori is working in coordination with Bandai on the toy. He won't let something come out unless its approved by him(since this is the high end part of the line). When has Yamato recently shown something without the clear parts, and materials already shown just unpainted?

Those little trading figure sets of valkyries look meh. And damn, if the missiles launching from the protect armor VF-0 don't look like tentacles. Interesting that there's a fast packed VF-1 as well.

This is rapidly devolving into one of the dumbest arguments on the internets, and that's really saying something. Why don't we just wait til the god-blasted toy comes out, then we can start a new round of idiotic arguments because the yamato drones will bitch that the macross logo is 2 mm too low or some such insanely nitpicky crap.

BTW, the idea that bandai hates macross (or has 'to prove themselves' when it comes to making macross stuff) suggests a prepubescent mentality amongst those who suggest it. The reason Bandai hasn't sunk more resources into macross toys is BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T THINK THEY COULD MAKE ENOUGH MONEY DOING SO. Yamato disagreed, and maybe they were right. Bandai evidently agrees with Yamato now, because they're making Macross F toys. This entire toy-making enterprise is just a quest for the most efficient way to remove money from your fanboy wallets. There's nothing special whatsoever about Macross, it's just another extended toy commercial designed to sell crap you don't need. Get over it.

Love,

Shag

Thanks for a good post in between all this bitter bitching. B))

Edited by Twoducks

This is rapidly devolving into one of the dumbest arguments on the internets, and that's really saying something.

Dead-on, brother. This is utterly, completely ridiculous. I have a lot of respect for the people here who actually get products made or have a direct, positive impact on their development. But this conversation has degenerated into purile nonsense, and is dragging down everyone foolish enough to attempt to introject any reasonable perspective into it.

Have at it, gang. I'm signing off of this channel.

Thanks for a good post in between all this bitter bitching. B))

bitching about the bitching is a good post? Heaven forbid someone have a different opinion on what looks good than other people. So sorry for not thinking that everything looks great and is great.

shin densetsu kai: I wouldn't mind at all Bandai going back and redoing their M7 toys. But I hope they do that after they finish the MF line, including the vf-171 and a new Konig.

Edited by eugimon

Again, most Yamato prototypes shown in recent years are only of toys ready to go, with all the materials already decided on, and the molds already tooled.

I agree. Just look at the 1/60 YF-21. All the pictures shown looks like they're ready to go. The pictures shown a few months ago looks just like the ones that got posted not too long ago.

Love,

Shag

Yes, yes but where would Macrossworld be without all the bitching, calling people names, and concocting conspiracy theories? :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a separate note, I'm surprised that there has not yet been any pics or promotional articles about the 1/100 line.

Edited by Vifam7

bitching about the bitching is a good post? Heaven forbid someone have a different opinion on what looks good than other people. So sorry for not thinking that everything looks great and is great.

Then why all your constant bitter hammering of people in this thread that don't think like you do?

For your own safety, I would lay off the constant bitching because we have this scary batty bouncer guy here on MW that goes "flame on!" everytime people whine too much about a toy.... OMG! :ph34r: your that guy! Hurry, run from yourself :lol:

Then why all your constant bitter hammering of people in this thread that don't think like you do?

For your own safety, I would lay off the constant bitching because we have this scary batty bouncer guy here on MW that goes "flame on!" everytime people whine too much about a toy.... OMG! :ph34r: your that guy! Hurry, run from yourself :lol:

Shin has his views, i have mine, we give examples of why we think the way we do, what's wrong with that? We're not angry at each other, and in other threads, even in this thread, we get along fine.

There's a difference between bitching about something and bitching about the people who like or dislike something. I'm sorry if that's a concept you don't understand.

I echo the sentiments of previous posters. Let's focus on the toys and their release information.

As someone already said, there hasn't been any release information about the 1/100 toy line yet. That's certainly odd.

How do you think the 1/100 toy line will compare to the 1/72 model kit line?

I think we've hit the trifecta of

Love,

Shag

over-exaggerated,

Dead-on, brother. This is utterly, completely ridiculous. I have a lot of respect for the people here who actually get products made or have a direct, positive impact on their development. But this conversation has degenerated into purile nonsense, and is dragging down everyone foolish enough to attempt to introject any reasonable perspective into it.

Have at it, gang. I'm signing off of this channel.

melodramatic,

Speak for yourself, Ray, I'm still getting a tremendous amount of entertainment value for my dollar.

Popcorn, anyone?

and condescending.

Seriously, guys, your posts are far more pointless than the harmless conversation going on here. Calm down, try not to hyperventilate, and realize that this is an internet forum where 30 year old guys discuss toys from a 25 year old cartoon. If you're even here in the first place, don't pretend to be offended by the ridiculous.

Now, back to the bitching! :p

The SOC prototypes are pretty unimpressive for the most part. It's not until you seem them all painted up and gleaming metal that you go, "Wooooow".

True.

On a separate note, I'm surprised that there has not yet been any pics or promotional articles about the 1/100 line.

I think that line is going to be huge. For Gundam, HCMpro is close to, if not already has, eclipsed the MSIA line....released for HCMpro are constant. Not to mention other licenses such as EVA are already under the HCMpro line, so I would not be surprised if 1/100 Macross F is another HCMpro line...not to mention Macross was on a poll conducted in japan, for what other licenses fans wanted in that line.