Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

gotta say im quite disappointed with the CM's Mospeadas - they're flimsy. u'd probably drop pieces all over when u try to transform it, so it makes no difference for the so-called "PT" - they're dropping anyway :rolleyes: . In bike mode, the wheels don't turn when u put in the forearm/hip armors. And why didn't they come up with something to at least stop the headlights from flipping all the time. The hands keep falling off too (esp the right hands)

and thanks to all the reviews, i was extra careful with the windshield. There's a problem with my Stick's left wheel (ride armor mode) - the screw at the joint is very loose and i couldn't tighten it. i didn't transform my Rey.

being disappointed with the quality for this high price, i don't know if i should be a completist and get blowspieror and the red one (are they coming out with one?)

Edited by Shun

gotta say im quite disappointed with the CM's Mospeadas - they're flimsy. u'd probably drop pieces all over when u try to transform it, so it makes no difference for the so-called "PT" - they're dropping anyway :rolleyes: . In bike mode, the wheels don't turn when u put in the forearm/hip armors. And why didn't they come up with something to at least stop the headlights from flipping all the time. The hands keep falling off too (esp the right hands)

and thanks to all the reviews, i was extra careful with the windshield. There's a problem with my Stick's left wheel (ride armor mode) - the screw at the joint is very loose and i couldn't tighten it. i didn't transform my Rey.

being disappointed with the quality for this high price, i don't know if i should be a completist and get blowspieror and the red one (are they coming out with one?)

Too be honest with ya mate......I would'nt bother getting anymore of the CM's. That's just my opinion though.

:ph34r:

I just want to say something. Don't get your hopes up regarding the Megahouse. I believe, in all likelihood, the CM will end up being the superior toy, with the exception of the breaking windscreen. And CM might do a second release with fixed windscreens, or even replace broken windscreens. Overall it's a beautiful toy with correctable flaws. The Megahouse, on the other hand, is not PT, has really ugly proportions, and is coming from a company not known for great toys.

All in all, I prefer my CM, with it's windscreen held on by sticky-tack, to the Megahouse, purely on looks. And I don't predict a better build quality for the Megahouse.

But if you already like the looks of the Megahouse, by all means, go for it. I'm just saying, it might have problems too. And if they both have problems, I'll take the pretty one, which is the CM in my opinion.

I have just received my CM corp mospeada cyclones, today, it seems not so bad after all, hmm probably it's because it is quite well done as i seen, also it's the details that amazes me, true enough, the items seems not as well paint as MH..

But transformation resembles the old gakken mospeada that i use to have..

and poseability is limited but not that bad as the model kit or gakken's poseability

I rather like the mospeada cyclone.. but for the toy, the value seems overated.. the selling price and the actual values perhaps do not match.

but i feel with the size i think it is worthwhile getting it. as it doesn't occupy so much space.

overall it's not bad as a toy, but value wise maybe CM corp could really review the price, abit too steep.

Just got mine from misterrryno... thanks dude!

These things are pretty badass! but WOW... look at all the thin plastic parts... freakin scary. The windscreen broke off whn my hands slipped while transforming it. I barely touched it and it flew off. I just need to glue it back on.

Word here in Singapore is that the MH has been 'delayed'. Reasons are not clear but there are rumors of unfavorable feedback from sellers regarding the undersized bikes compared to the CM's proportions. Result: Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Stocks of the CM's have been selling out everywhere in Singapore. If you can find one, chances are the prices will be marked up due to 'rarity'.

Word here in Singapore is that the MH has been 'delayed'. Reasons are not clear but there are rumors of unfavorable feedback from sellers regarding the undersized bikes compared to the CM's proportions. Result: Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Stocks of the CM's have been selling out everywhere in Singapore. If you can find one, chances are the prices will be marked up due to 'rarity'.

You know, I just don't see that being true (about MH delaying their release to change the size of the bike). Reason being is that it would basically mean they have to start from scratch again and would kill any hype for their figure. I may see them pushing it back a month to tweak something if they found a problem, but to rebuild the bike out of "fear" is kinda ridiculous.

Oh, and I still think the CM bike looks crappy. The plastic looks like poor quality plastic and the reviews don't exactly make the thing seem like a high quality toy. Honestly, it reminds me of Toynami's Alpha, except people are willing to just ignore the flaws of the CM b/c they are "fixable". But when you pay $60+ for a toy, you shouldn't have to fix anything.

Edited by protostar8

Honestly, it reminds me of Toynami's Alpha, except people are willing to just ignore the flaws of the CM b/c they are "fixable".

People are also ignoring the flaws because it isn't a Toynami product. If it was, the hate and vitrol would be spewing about like no tomorrow, instead of the moderate discussions we see.

Edited by CoryHolmes

Honestly, it reminds me of Toynami's Alpha, except people are willing to just ignore the flaws of the CM b/c they are "fixable". But when you pay $60+ for a toy, you shouldn't have to fix anything.

People are also ignoring the flaws because it isn't a Toynami product. If it was, the hate and vitrol would be spewing about like no tomorrow, instead of the moderate discussions we see.
I think you're both right. I like the CM because it had the potential to be great. The Stig looks great in both modes, and nothing in the design is inherently wrong, but the windscreen breaking, the looseness of some parts, the non-spinning wheels, and the fact that I had to cut off piece of one forearm peg to make it work is pretty ridiculous for a tiny $60 toy. It's 2008 for god's sake, and toys in Japan are WORSE than they were 20 years ago? Look at the Gakken bike, that f*cker was perfect.

Oh, and I still think the CM bike looks crappy. The plastic looks like poor quality plastic and the reviews don't exactly make the thing seem like a high quality toy.
I think it looks great, and the plastic doesn't feel or look cheap to me. The problems are bad glue and the fact that they made the design 90% perfect and then gave up on the wheels and forearm guards area.

I opened my Ley CM the other night. Oh my god. The forearm are doesn't work AT ALL in bike mode. It's a f*cking joke. Like I said, they gave up too soon.

That ignorance comes straight only from a Toynami fanboy. I just got my CMs and I love it. The windshield broke off and I just glued it back on, but I'm surprised at how the rest of it is sturdy, seeing how tin the rest of the pieces are. I wouldn't throw it against the wall or anything.

But have you seen how the boards are ridculing the new CM's Legioss? And others are up in arms trying to defend it? This is the same exact company. Stop making it like Toynami hasn't done anything wrong. These new Mospeada companies showed off prototypes, set a deadline and produced these toys ain no time. Where the hell are the Toynami Beta, Cyclone and VF-1 FPs? If Toynami wasn't so fond of testing customers' patience then they wouldn't be so emotional about their posts.

My x-mas gift of the two CMs ride armors finally arrived on Valentine's Day, and I finally got a chance this weekend to open my Stick. My first impression was pure nostalgic love for the sculpt and detailing. I fiddled around with the Bernard figure, posing him on my desk with some similarly scaled Star Wars figures. I had been waiting for Mospeada action figures for years. All was well.

That is, until I decided to take the bike out the packaging for a look. Silly me, I actually wanted to follow the directions and place the armor bits and pieces on the bike! The front end bits (that later become the arm armor) would not stay attached at all, simply popping off in my hands. I finally gave up, since those parts were supposed to be removed anyway for the soldier mode, and began the near 1.5 hour process of attempting to transform this guy. Now, I've been collecting transformable robot toys for over 25 years, own a massive collection of Yamato Valks, Transformers, etc., and can only recall one other toy that ever gave me this much trouble (I'm looking at you, Masterpiece Megatron). Maybe it's because I never owned a Gakken; or maybe the fact that I can't read the many lines of Japanese text below the craptastic photos in the instructions; or perhaps it had something to do with my lack of sleep the night before, but this was incredibly difficult and frustrating for me. There was never one moment where I didn't feel like I was going to stress the hell out of the plastic or tear some floppy piece off with every delicate shift. Somehow, through sheer will (because it sure as hell wasn't the instructions), I managed to finish the transformation.

And that's when the love poured back into my heart. I love the proportions on this guy. I don't think I'll EVER attempt to convert him back to bike and rider mode (and Rey will definitely stay as a rider), but the payoff for all the swearing and nervousness was worthwhile. Since these were gifts, I don't mind owning them. But had I spent my own cash on these, I'd be torn due to the pieces falling off (he simply will not hold his gun, which fell out of the hand peg when I was trying to place it on the arm, and is attached worse than the old 1/60 Yamato Valk gunpod in fighter mode) and the overall feel - he appears more fragile than some model kits I own. For the price, this is a dud.

I really thought some of you guys were being far too harsh on these, until I had them in my hands. Now I'm actually shocked by the more positive reviews I'm reading here. Here's hoping the MH ones are better...

Having owned a Toynami Alpha and a Aoshima Legioss, and also a CM's Ride Armor, I can easily and honestly say there is no comparison. The Toynami and Aoshima Alpha/Legioss I had was poorly done in every respect. Poor assembly, poor plastic, poor paint, etc. The CM's Ride Armor has a windscreen that breaks and so far that's pretty much the only major issue. Basically what I'm saying is the 'ignoring the flaws' argument holds no water for me because I bear no allegiance to any toy company. Doesn't matter who a crappy toy comes from, Toynami, Yamato, Megahouse, CMs, Hasbro, Bandai, Medicom, Takara etc, they all get a level playing field with me. If there was an exception to that it would be Toynami simply based on their track record. At least 90% of the product I have bought from them has had QC problems (and not just minor nitpicky ones) and that's why I tend to be afraid of their stuff.

that's funny... same here. It took me an hour to transform it. Only due to apprehension, next time it was a lot quicker.

All the complaints are valid though. The one arm that dont work, the wheels that DO turn but takes parts with it as it does. I'm a lot more lenient on them cuz I got them for a lot less. The price on these are truly ridiculous. Hopefully I can get the Blowsuprior and the Hoquet for about the same. But as toys I do like them a lot.

Still kinda miffed about the whole MH decals thing. I would hate to spend more to get repro stickers after the cost on those. But the extras are so cool. Gobotfool tells me they make crappy toys. I'll wait them out.

C'mon Beagle! Let me see those ride armor protos!

Having owned a Toynami Alpha and a Aoshima Legioss, and also a CM's Ride Armor, I can easily and honestly say there is no comparison. The Toynami and Aoshima Alpha/Legioss I had was poorly done in every respect. Poor assembly, poor plastic, poor paint, etc. The CM's Ride Armor has a windscreen that breaks and so far that's pretty much the only major issue. Basically what I'm saying is the 'ignoring the flaws' argument holds no water for me because I bear no allegiance to any toy company. Doesn't matter who a crappy toy comes from, Toynami, Yamato, Megahouse, CMs, Hasbro, Bandai, Medicom, Takara etc, they all get a level playing field with me. If there was an exception to that it would be Toynami simply based on their track record. At least 90% of the product I have bought from them has had QC problems (and not just minor nitpicky ones) and that's why I tend to be afraid of their stuff.

That's right, Eriku! Why would we hate a toy company based off the name. Toynami has all the licenses we love. If they delivered on these with good product, there would be nothing but love for them. But not only are they extra crappy, the delay on them are just not worth it.

It's 2008 for god's sake, and toys in Japan are WORSE than they were 20 years ago? Look at the Gakken bike, that f*cker was perfect.

Considering stick can't ride his bike, and the way the leg peices attach in armor mode, I'd call it far from perfect. I love my old gakkens to death, but calling them better than modern toys is silly. The CMS seems like it really would have benefited from a larger scale. Nothing seems wrong with the design itself, its just the fact that executing something this complex, this small just didn't seem to work out particularly well.

Whoah, posting a lot on this thread today, since I'm currently enjoying my CMs. I'm also trying to catch up to it.

I think Gobotfool's assumption that the rider can sit on the CM's bike is a bit premature. It's not an easy task getting him to sit down even with all the attachments provided. It's still an awkward ride with the big boots and almost back breaking to the toy to reach the handle bars.

A microman Stick and Rei figure would be more suitable for these. (I can't call him Ley, sounds kinda dumb.)

Maybe they could make the wheels just a little bit bigger to kinda raise the bike a bit? Would that be a major change? Or just minor like the man hands you can get with GBP 1/48 valks?

Considering stick can't ride his bike, and the way the leg peices attach in armor mode, I'd call it far from perfect. I love my old gakkens to death, but calling them better than modern toys is silly. The CMS seems like it really would have benefited from a larger scale. Nothing seems wrong with the design itself, its just the fact that executing something this complex, this small just didn't seem to work out particularly well.

This and SDF-1 need bigger sizes! The japanese have tiny hands and no space left in japan to fit their collections though. :( Come on japanese toy makers: make us bigger toys. Just keep the boxes small!

Beagle will probably have the best version of the ride armor. But what have they done before?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just got mine from misterrryno... thanks dude!

Glad to hear you got em'... ^_^

These things are pretty badass! but WOW... look at all the thin plastic parts... freakin scary. The windscreen broke off whn my hands slipped while transforming it. I barely touched it and it flew off. I just need to glue it back on.

Phew......I yet remain the ranking champion in toys not breaking when I TF them :) ...

I'm just playin....That totally blows :( ...I'm hopin the MH's will be a bit more durable. I really am sorry to hear that mate.

Exo,

Those are some GREAT pics there mate. :D

I need to get some sort of a background. I have been trying to invent my own lately with materials I have around the house...but I must say I don't have much to work with. <_<

It's not an easy task getting him to sit down even with all the attachments provided. It's still an awkward ride with the big boots and almost back breaking to the toy to reach the handle bars.

Really? thats disapointing to hear. I've only seen photos with him sitting on the bike and they looked really nice, but if its that hard to do, and the toy is as fragile as so many people say, well I don't think I'll try and force it.

These new Mospeada companies showed off prototypes, set a deadline and produced these toys ain no time.

To be fair, CMs said they'd be releasing their Legioss/Tread combo last summer... not this Spring. The Ride Armor toys were also supposed to be out before Xmas. Now MH appears to be delaying their ride armor toys. Nobody in this new Mospeada grouping has a spectacular record as far as hitting proposed release dates goes. No excuse for Toynami though, they seemed to be way ahead in Beta development but fell behind on actually releasing the toy. I think the big difference in why CM's miniscule ride armor isn't getting the same heat as a Toynami product is because CMs is giving us a toy WE are destined to break rather than giving us a toy that might already be broken.

Exo,

Those are some GREAT pics there mate. :D

I need to get some sort of a background. I have been trying to invent my own lately with materials I have around the house...but I must say I don't have much to work with. <_<

It's no wonder you sold it so soon, the Ley, which I just opened is a lot flimsier.

Well we've had eye witnesses that the Legioss and Tread were redesigned that would make for a good excuse for the short delay. Even with the redesigns of the Toynami product, how long has it been since we saw the first prototype? I'd say that's a more fair assessment. But then again it's always good to look at Toynami thru rose colored blinders if you're still a loyal customer.

And the cyclone I have aside from the windscreen hasnt broken, I've glued it back since and it hasnt been a problem. Even with as many thin pieces, I'm kinda shocked on how it's held up. I'm not going to keep testing it tho.

Maybe I shouldnt talk it up, I might ruin my chances at getting agood deal for the other ones.

Really? thats disapointing to hear. I've only seen photos with him sitting on the bike and they looked really nice, but if its that hard to do, and the toy is as fragile as so many people say, well I don't think I'll try and force it.

Maybe I have a magic touch or something, but putting Stig on the bike wasn't hard for me. I just put him in a 'riding' pose and popped him right on there. :mellow:

Hmm.. i don't think that there is an shortage of CM corp cyclones in singapore except prices are indeed high.

But i also dun think MH cyclone is so smaller that it can be consider undersize.. right??

Anyways i think for release dates, it has never been accurate isn't it? delays are often, and for no reason as well.. thus we will just have to wait only..

besides we have been waiting for years for another company to produce cyclones and legiosss/tread.. why not wait some more right?

my two cents opinion..

but i think CM corp cyclones are of good proportions but too small in sizes, and for transformation, as long u are careful, it should be fine and have no problems..

Oh ya.. besides that, for those who wanted to get the cyclone to have flight actions, it better to use the flight stand from hasegawa

Flight Stand

Edited by eyesonme78

Maybe I have a magic touch or something, but putting Stig on the bike wasn't hard for me. I just put him in a 'riding' pose and popped him right on there. :mellow:

Maybe if i dont use that notch on the seat.

Add: Yeah that notch is useless... but it's still awkward.