Transformers on DVD

areaseven

Transformers on DVD - October 16  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which exclusive version of the Transformers DVD are you getting?

• Wal-Mart (Single disc w/ bonus Prequel DVD)
    • Best Buy (2-Disc w/ bonus Optimus Prime/Cliffjumper Robot Heroes figurines)
    • Target (2-Disc w/ bonus transforming Optimus Prime DVD case + prequel comic)
    • Circuit City (w/ bonus exclusive content gift card)
    • Suncoast (2-Disc w/ steel DVD case)
    • Borders (2-Disc w/ "Making of" booklet)
    • Sears (2-Disc w/ free LED flashlight)
    • Blockbuster (Single disc w/ 128MB MP3 player)
    • Screw the exclusives! I just want the movie.
    • Me Grimlock still want stomp Michael Bay!

I also know that the different stores have different content on their DVD. That is BS! I don't know what else to call it except a BS marketing ploy to get you to buy more than one copy. And I'll bet a re-released version will probably have an integration of the different stores' exclusives.
The DVD content across the stores is the same. Walmart's version is simply the single-disc version with another disc containing TF: Beginnings.

The exclusives across the stores have to do with how they're packaged and what merchandise comes with them. The DVDs themselves remain the same.

I`ll be getting mine on the internet from America as the U.K release is sometime in December and I really cant be bothered with the whole release at different times thing that we have to put up with.

Well, personally, I don't really care where I get it as long as I got it....Walmart is my 1 choice, but seeing how I'm so incredibly low on cash right now (like....20 bucks in my account to last me till friday) chances are I'll have to wait until the end of the week to get the movie.

Just a heads up to those who care the HD DVD release of Transformers does not have high res audio, it has been kneecapped to Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1. No PCM, no TrueHD. The reason given was that "there are so many extras on the HD DVD that they didn't have space for the lossless audio tracks". <_<

Pfft, whatever. Half the time these new HD media releases get shafted on the bonus features and now they are taking out the things that make HD media better than DVD just to include the bonus features. Sad.

For anyone considering buying the WalMart version, know this: The extra prequel 'cartoon' disc is NOT animated. Someone over at TFW2005 has it and said it's just scans of the prequel comic book with voice actors narrating it. I think I'll be quite happy with the Target set and reading the comic myself and also enjoying the full disc of special features that the WalMart dic doesn't come with.

Here's the review:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=154224

For anyone considering buying the WalMart version, know this: The extra prequel 'cartoon' disc is NOT animated. Someone over at TFW2005 has it and said it's just scans of the prequel comic book with voice actors narrating it. I think I'll be quite happy with the Target set and reading the comic myself and also enjoying the full disc of special features that the WalMart dic doesn't come with.

Here's the review:

:angry:

Bastards. Off to target I go! ^_^

Here's the review:

Yeah, I knew. But it's still $5 less than the standard two disc set. And the standard two disc set come with what, some character bios and a featurette about how the made the scene where they fought Scorponok? I'm sticking with the Wal-Mart set. Later, after I pick up a player, I'll sell the movie disc, keep the Beginnings disc, and buy the HD-DVD.

I am pretty bummed to hear it won't have uncompressed audio, though.

"A-du-du-du-de-de-de..." Listening to Shia Le-Boo and watching his over-acting is as painful now as it was months ago, but at least the short chase scene still kicks ass...

Damn, people are more rabid for this thing that I thought they would be. I was at Target at 8:40 this morning and the store was filled with people carrying around the TF DVD. I wanted the version with the transforming case and got one of the last TWO. I'm sure they have more to put out, but still.

Haven't had a chace to check out the transforming case yet, but I'm sure it'll be good for a few seconds of entertainment. :p

Damn, people are more rabid for this thing that I thought they would be. I was at Target at 8:40 this morning and the store was filled with people carrying around the TF DVD. I wanted the version with the transforming case and got one of the last TWO. I'm sure they have more to put out, but still.

Haven't had a chace to check out the transforming case yet, but I'm sure it'll be good for a few seconds of entertainment. :p

I figured I'd beat the rush by going to my Wal-Mart at midnight last night... to find that I was one of about 20 people waiting in the electronics section for it.

FRYs has the single disc for 14.88 along with that DW Ultimate transformers guide book and the movie prequel novel and movie novel which I almost bought seeing how I liked the prequel...to bad it didnt work in conjuncture with the movie like it was suppose to.

Single disc comes with a slipcase as advertised and an odd blue tinted cover of Optimus standing over shia and megan with the allspark. Theres also a flip side cover with that dumb soap opera guy. Still cant figure out how he got a role in this. Maybe cause he knows "drama".

Ill probably watch it tonight ot this weekend with family.

I went to target at 9:40 in work van on my way to replace a computer. There was like 30 people in target. I got one of the last 2 on the shelf.

I went to Target with intent of getting the HD copy, which I did. However, I seriously considered picking up the transforming case copy because I collect Optimus Primes and the case seems like a borderline true transformer.

So how durable is that case, and can it really stand up on its own?

just bought the Target DVD exclusive...

I'm surprised that it looks better in person than in the pictures. The plastic is high quality and has a nice matte paint job.

The box transformer itself is kinda ugly...and what the hell it's alt mode is beats me.... i'm sure they could have done a lot better job with this... or at least make a decent effort for an alt mode because a square jumble of crap

pics below:

Robot Mode

10-16-07032.jpg

Alt Mode

10-16-07033.jpg

Comparison with Alternators Meister

10-16-07036.jpg

So how durable is that case, and can it really stand up on its own?

Its pretty durable. Good thick plastic. Stands decently well on its own, since it has flip down feet that stays in place. I wouldn't get this set just for the transforming case & comic. But its pretty good extra if this is the only DVD version you'll get. Plus if you buy it with the Target Exclusive Deluxe Bumblebee 2 pack toy set ($15.99 this week instead of $19.99 normally), you also get a free $5 gift card, which also transfoms into Optimus Prime LOL. Its a pretty sweet deal.