Transformer Super Thread 6

Late as usual to the Car Brothers Discussion. I sort of have examples of all 3 molds.

My favorite is X-Brawn, the SUV with the giant arm. He features engine detail underneath an opening hood, opening car doors, and a very weird yet nifty location for his head in car mode (behind the windshield as the driver!). For me his biggest drawback is his right arm. Being a cross between a fist and a missile launcher, it doesn't look very good as either. Be careful with the tires; the rubber tends to crack with age and you need to manipulate three of them for the transformation.

Mach Alert has an interesting transformation where the car front telescopes so the hood ends up under the windshield, the rear of the car splits into a shield and two oversized shoulder pads, and his engine becomes his chest. The robot mode limbs have a danty "Beast Wars" feel to them, being slender with tiny feet and hands rather than the more common giant boots of your standard Autobot. Some interesting poses can be done if you can balance him well. Biggest draw backs are the non-removable shield and crummy "solid flame" missile launcher/car boosters. Look for the mold repainted as Sideswipe or Sunstreaker. Very nice, if expensive.

I don't own Sideburn, but I do have the sight remold (and gender swapped) Roulette and Shadow Striker. The base mold also has slender limbs, which work well with the new remolded female heads. As stated before, they have kibble problems, but they are also granted a waist joint to help with posing. The bumper/muffler crossbow is probably the best looking weapon of the brothers (the "sisters" get a soft plastic pistol as well.)

Hope that helps.

And as much as I want to love earth mode Megs, his copter fom seems unimaginitive and kibbled. Love his bot form, though, as well as his Cybertron bot mode. Cybertron Megs' alt mode just makes me wanna turn it every which way and quit with a WTF shrug.

Cybetron Version Megatron's altmode always struck me as looking like the hover tank in the second image.

Ether way his earth mode is a future earth version of his Cybertronian mode.

post-1571-1203499755_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1203499810_thumb.jpg

Heck, they could have just added a hinge in the middle of each rotor blade, then they could fold down into 3-clawed hands like Omega Supreme--which isn't unusual for TF's. But they're just too big as is to pass for ANYTHING.

That's pretty much my thought on this guy. His arms are so big that they seem like they'd basically cripple him. I'd like to see him parodied in a cartoon where he flys in and transforms and then desperately trys to lift his arms as his enemies blast him to bits. :D

Yeah.... Incenerator's the only movie-line toy I've really considered recently. I'd already have him if he had hands.

And if he had spring-loaded rocket-fists that could be swapped for death propellers of +5 child-blinding... I'd be all over it like fleas on a stray dog.

That's pretty much my thought on this guy. His arms are so big that they seem like they'd basically cripple him. I'd like to see him parodied in a cartoon where he flys in and transforms and then desperately trys to lift his arms as his enemies blast him to bits. :D

they did something like that in another show, it went like:

"gah! my biceps! ...too big! can't... reach... my face!!!" he says it while trying to get an angry cat off his face

:lol:

i thought the figure was interesting.

but like everybody, the blender hands don't look right plus the tone & shade of the blues look weird to me.

I finally got around to watching a few episodes of animated beyond the pilot. Its weird. I really don't want to like this show. But for some reason, I find it all sorts of fun. Have I gone insane? Parts of it reminds me of Beast Wars and a few of the human villians remind me of Batman Beyond. I don't even mind the Teen Titan influence that much. its probably the only show made primarily for kids I've willingly watched more than a few episodes of and intend to keep tuning in for.

Edited by GobotFool

I was just about to post/ask about the latest ep, so I'll address your question as well:

Anyone else see the latest ep w/Blackarachnia? AWESOME ep IMHO. (Lockdown/Arcee was good too, but not as good as this).

There does seem to be two types of eps IMHO: Introduce/deepen a character, or "generic villain/situation of the week". The former are definitely better than the latter.

And--since GobotFool asked it in this thread and I replied, should I go ahead and close the dedicated TF:Animated thread, located here: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...5&start=175

and have all future posts here in the main TF thread?

Otherwise, these 2 posts should be moved to the Animated thread.

I was just about to post/ask about the latest ep, so I'll address your question as well:

Anyone else see the latest ep w/Blackarachnia? AWESOME ep IMHO. (Lockdown/Arcee was good too, but not as good as this).

There does seem to be two types of eps IMHO: Introduce/deepen a character, or "generic villain/situation of the week". The former are definitely better than the latter.

And--since GobotFool asked it in this thread and I replied, should I go ahead and close the dedicated TF:Animated thread, located here: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...5&start=175

I'd say just keep it all here. We don't need more than one transformers thread.

Over all I think if they keep the character development on track, this could be as good as Beast Wars. I'd like to see a few episodes dedicated to developing bumblebee. Right now he's just some cocky kid who gets on my nerves. I'd like to see something happen that allows him to develop a little beyond that.

Edited by GobotFool

There are some places where TF:A hasn't started airing yet, so I think the second thread is good incase of spoilers as people discuss the episodes.

The Black Arachnia ep was good tho. :) Nice spin on her character.

Does anyone own the TF RID series, "Autobot brother" figures: X-Brawn, Sideburn, & Prowl???

Any thoughts or opinions - if they are worth owning or not??

While I don't like them that much, if you can get the Japanese or Korean Car Robots versions.

At BotCon 2005 I believe they said the toolings for these toys are totalled now (or at least in a condition below their standards).

Don did not design Classics Jetfire. He got a glimpse of the prototype before it was officially unveiled, and used it for the basis for his Stormbringer Jetfire.
Where did he say this? I recall in the thread with pics of the resin proto at TFW2005, he didn't seem to dispute the general belief that he designed it, and even mentioned surprise that they molded the vents on the back of the hands (a trademark of his).

I like incinerator, its a unique mold and alt form. I do wish it alternate hands, or claws. It would have been really easy for Hasbro since the rotors clip on and off anyhow.
What type of pegs do they attach to? Because hands shouldn't bee too hard to track down.

I'm thinking of calling him Whirl, since he has all that blue in robot mode.

People were not thrilled with 'Menasor' who was really just Nemesis Rodimus... which is why you can still find it for like retail prices on some online stores... Plus, there's a quasi-Nemesis Prime as part of the Botcon set this year, so the overlap doesn't make any sense.

Ah. I thought he meant the alt hotrod. I was really hoping for a movie skywarp or something.

Were you there? I dont mean the toy I mean the BS that I had to go through to get one at the Con. It was ridiculous.

Oh! no I wasn't I payed through the nose to get one after market. So yeah, I'm actually going to be a classics completionist, so if this shoots up to an absurd price I'm gonna be hurtin bad.

Where did he say this? I recall in the thread with pics of the resin proto at TFW2005, he didn't seem to dispute the general belief that he designed it, and even mentioned surprise that they molded the vents on the back of the hands (a trademark of his).

Dak got confirmation from him. Sure he designed Classics Prime, we have proof of that from those leaked designs a while back. There was a thread where I, and a few others were going back and forth debating whether he Don designed Classics Jetfire or not. A lot of people think he designed Classics Jetfire solely because his Stormbringer drawing was the first public glimpse anybody got of the design. Honestly, being that he did not design all of the Classics, and that much of the team is comprised of talented individuals, is it really that hard to believe that he didn't design Classics Jetfire? The only things I know of for sure are his inputs for Classics Prime, and the Concept Car Hot Rod that wasn't used. I am a fan of Don's work, but if I am going to credit someone, I'd like to credit the person who did the actual design.

What type of pegs do they attach to?

Nubs, like a curved hexagon with the bottom cut off.

I like Incinerator the way he is, the rotors are like weapons to me in robot mode. I think he would be more devastating than Blackout.

Dak got confirmation from him. Sure he designed Classics Prime, we have proof of that from those leaked designs a while back. There was a thread where I, and a few others were going back and forth debating whether he Don designed Classics Jetfire or not. A lot of people think he designed Classics Jetfire solely because his Stormbringer drawing was the first public glimpse anybody got of the design. Honestly, being that he did not design all of the Classics, and that much of the team is comprised of talented individuals, is it really that hard to believe that he didn't design Classics Jetfire? The only things I know of for sure are his inputs for Classics Prime, and the Concept Car Hot Rod that wasn't used. I am a fan of Don's work, but if I am going to credit someone, I'd like to credit the person who did the actual design.
Hey, relax.

All I wanted was an elaboration of your statement so I can go edit his TF Wiki article in the interests of accuracy.

FYI: Looks like BotCon has released images of the con exclusive Grimlock & Jazz:

http://botcon.com/Botcon08/08figures.cfm

They, along with Prime & Goldbug look ... meh!! And if you hunt around on TF sites, you can probably find the eBay listing for the BotCon exclusive Voyager class Starscream painted in Jetfire G1 colours. Again, meh.

Looks like I won't be missing anything so far ....

^_^

Still need to see the attendee exclusives though.

:mellow: