Transformer Super Thread 6

Is that tiny HotRod on the left the one that comes with Star Convoy?

Sorry, just noticed this post. Nope, it's not the same one. It's a World's Smallest Transformer that was released in Japan and they were sold individually. I picked this one up from eBay about a year or so ago for $25 shipped.

And I am liking to TF Club exclusives, but $200 for the seacon gestalt team??? Frack me that's expensive ....

Edited by Vermillion21

Alright, saw the Club pics. Somebody at Hasbro involved with the actual toys REALLY, REALLY needs to accompany their photography staff or the studio they farm out the stock photos work to. It's no good to anybody if they merely fob off this question at Botcon by saying "Oh, it's because a central photography department handles our toy photos, next question?"

Those photos are just horrid. Just horrid. Anybody remember Hasbro telling us they would rather we not looking at test shots because it may cast a bad light on their toys? Well, your own bloody official photos aren't much better. Actually, as ebay proto sellers get better at Transforming toys... Hasbro gets WORSE.

Bloody corporations.

*shakes fist*

The reason Piranacon's gun never looks right is because EVERYONE does it wrong. The instructions are wrong, the artwork's wrong. Just like many other TF's. If you look at the parts/posts, it's very obvious how it SHOULD be done:

You know that 3-piece black stand every small Seacon comes with? The middle part is a rifle. Use THAT piece on a "gun mode" Seacon, instead of that Seacon's individual gun. The small individual gun(s) should only be used for "attack mode", not "Piranacon's gun mode". (Seacon limbs are QUINTUPLE changers----beast mode, robot mode, limb mode, attack mode, gun mode)

Then you've got a friggin GUN for Piranacon. Far larger than any other TF gun I can think of. Never seen Fort Max's gun though.

Primus dammit... now you're making me want one.

Nice!

I noted on the CGI, their silver robot mode parts are generally not very shiny at all, while Prime's truck mode chrome parts are super-shiny, so I think the balance is a brushed-metal look for his robot mode parts and a polished shine for the vehicle chrome.

FYI: looks like TakaraTomy's anime colours MP Starscream release will be exactly the SAME as the Wal-Mart exclusive, with the addition of a new sticker on the box. Also a bigger import price tag too ....

News post from Lost & Found Toys:

"2.06.08 - Masterpiece Starscream

Finally! Arriving this week is our shipment of Transformers Masterpiece Starscream USA Edition. From the recent stock pictures we received, it appears there are no major differences from the Hasbro version sold exclusively at Walmart. The figure comes in US packaging with a Takara Tomy sticker applied to the front. Pre-orders will be processed later today."

post-3878-1202367123_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vermillion21

So... this hasn't got the white wing joins? I have just been hit with a payment request, and i am thinking of cancelling.. I mean come on where's the Japanse version with Takara box??? I'm cancelling.

There might be very mild paint differences as far as the scorch markings go. The only thing I've noticed is that the Jap version has the Decepticon faction logo on the nose.

Really disappointing lack of effort from TAKARA. :(

Yeah, glad I cancelled my order back when the SprawlMart version was hitting the shelves. I really don't like the Decepticon logo on the nose. Of course I didn't like the silver on the nose either, and removed that with alcohol.

I'm very depressed I pre-ordered this now...

:unsure:

Dude, just cancel it ... you might be able to find the US Wal-Mart version online for a cheaper price. Because for this version, you'll definitely be paying for import fees IMHO.

Dude, just cancel it ... you might be able to find the US Wal-Mart version online for a cheaper price. Because for this version, you'll definitely be paying for import fees IMHO.

I can't figure out how to cancel through LAF...I didn't see any way to do it from the 'my orders' screen at least...

Man, I'm starting to debate whether I should buy USA Classics from now on or just wait for the better repaints. The eventual Japanese ones are always far more cartoon accurate. Case in point:

CLASSICS ASTROTRAIN in G1 COLORS!

Now what do I do with my old white one? :huh:

post-435-1202406689_thumb.jpg

post-435-1202406775_thumb.jpg

Edited by crasis

I can't figure out how to cancel through LAF...I didn't see any way to do it from the 'my orders' screen at least...

Just jot down the order number and sent them an email with the order number saying you wish to cancel it. They're usually really quick to respond.

Man, I'm starting to debate whether I should buy USA Classics from now on or just wait for the better repaints. The eventual Japanese ones are always far more cartoon accurate. Case in point:

CLASSICS ASTROTRAIN in G1 COLORS!

Now what do I do with my old white one? :huh:

You can give it to me!

Are the figures in previous waves of the 07 movie still being included in the latest all spark wave? I have found the random classic camaro Bumblebee among them, I just wondering if there is still a chance of me finding a Concept Camaro Bumblebee.

Are the figures in previous waves of the 07 movie still being included in the latest all spark wave? I have found the random classic camaro Bumblebee among them, I just wondering if there is still a chance of me finding a Concept Camaro Bumblebee.

I find the CC BB at Wal-mart all the time, in fact, i still have an extra new in package if you want it, cost (i think i paid 9.99 for it at wal-mart) + shipping

I find the CC BB at Wal-mart all the time, in fact, i still have an extra new in package if you want it, cost (i think i paid 9.99 for it at wal-mart) + shipping

:blink: you are getting a pm

TakaraTomy Classics Astrotrain looks awesome! Frack, I may have to pick this one up again ....

:mellow:

I've seen him a few times, you should be able to find him relatively easily ....

FYI: Amazon.com has some of the TF AllSpark Deluxes in stock for $9.99. Spend $25 and get free shipping. At the time of this post, they have Landmine, Camshaft, Stockade, & Overcast (black repaint of the clone fighter jet) in stock.

I ordered Stockade along with the 4-disc Blade Runner DVD!!

^_^

Edited by Vermillion21

I thought 77 Bumblebee was the one designed by the Australian designer? I wanted the battle mask for a long time, but the more I look at it, I'm starting to think the head on the regular Concept Camaro is actually sculpted better. I'm still tempted to buy Stealth Bumblebee and do a headswap(I like that repaint, so I may not even headswap and just keep it as is). The 1st Concept Camaro Bumblebee has a superior paint scheme than the Premium one. The only thing the Premium has going for it is the head, but as previously mentioned, I'm starting to question that.

I'm warming up more to Animated Starscream's jet mode on the toy. Itching to find that bastard on shelves in a few months. The Animated line looks like so much fun. I'll get the battle pack, and I like it because its basically a "what if g1 prime and megatron were in Transformers:Animated?" box set. I want voyager Cybertronian Megatron because of the huge BFG, neat sword automorph, sculpt, and ratchets all over. I want cybertronian dlx Prime because he used this mode most in the pilot. The figures I may skip are Bumblebee and voyager Bulkhead. Bumblebee because I loathe the character as of yet, and Bulkhead because the Leader one may be so much better. In fact, if Prowl and Bumblebee are resculpted with their battle masks(which is likely because its just a different head sculpt which is easy on Hasbro's part), I may just wait for those.

Oh and I think its only a matter of time before Animated Starscream is repainted and given a new head that is "un-animated", more typical looking. Possibly as an exclusive.

... The figures I may skip are Bumblebee and voyager Bulkhead. Bumblebee because I loathe the character as of yet, and Bulkhead because the Leader one may be so much better.

There's going to be a Leader class Bulkhead?? Awesome! I'm having a hard time imagining what could be improved from the smaller one that I have, but even if it's just the same toy and scaled up I'll get it. :)

There's going to be a Leader class Bulkhead?? Awesome! I'm having a hard time imagining what could be improved from the smaller one that I have, but even if it's just the same toy and scaled up I'll get it. :)

Prime, Megs, and Bulkhead are all getting made in the 3 different size classes.