Transformer Super Thread 6

That A-10 isn't any better either, but I do like the robot mode. I just got the Incinerator figure from the movie line. I have always liked the V-22 since seeing it as a child growing up near pax river. I thought I would have to wait till TF2 to see an Osprey Transformer, and I'm glad I didn't have to wait that long. This figure is great, except the bottom fueselage tabs that may eventually wear out, and the upside down engines. He has retractable landing gear, and no give aways that he can transform aside from his groin from the underside, and the biceps underneath the wings. Basically, whatever dissapointments Starscream had, this guy lacks.The gimmick of spinning rotors is well executed and works in any mode, at any angle. Articulation is good except that he cannot bend his knees all the way back(he can bend them but not at a right angle). Automorph is relegated to the /cockpit splitting to form the chest and it works well. One of the better voyagers from the line, and a ton better than Blackout.

I dig.

On a side note, am I the only who wants to see more 'play-set' Transformers? I don't know but all of my favorite TFs are ones with base modes that other figures can interact with (G1 Metroplex, SGMF God Ginrai set, G1 Ironhide/Ratchet, G1 Prime, Fort Max...)? My real collecting goal really is going to end up being all of the G1 city/fortress figures.

I dig.

On a side note, am I the only who wants to see more 'play-set' Transformers? I don't know but all of my favorite TFs are ones with base modes that other figures can interact with (G1 Metroplex, SGMF God Ginrai set, G1 Ironhide/Ratchet, G1 Prime, Fort Max...)? My real collecting goal really is going to end up being all of the G1 city/fortress figures.

I wouldn't mind seeing another fort max sized figure. But with the current economic situation in the world, I don't think we'll see something like that for a long time, if ever.

Hasbro doesn't really care about real world accuracy (so long as the gist of it is there), or creating scale replicas of real vehicles, since their business is primarily creating fun, safe toys mainly with children in mind. The toy being fun and safe is infinately more important to them to real world accuracy, I've observed, which is probably the right way to go about it when you're a toy company dealing in nations that still have young populations.

Yeah, that guy is incredible. His stuff is so vastly superior to even the better stuff that Hasbro puts out it's ridiculous.
A problem with Jazai's stuff is they have significant quality control issues (either from design issues or material issues), and are not meant to be played with like a toy.

Yeah, TomyTakara needs to hire that guy stat!
Perhaps for engineering work, but not as much in design, because Hasbro pretty much dictates the design of most new mold Transformers that are sold in both countries, and TakaraTomy are unlikely to do their own thing so long as Classics/Universe and Animated are available for them to release in Japan. Hey, it's essentially free since Hasbro already paid for the development of both.

A problem with Jazai's stuff is they have significant quality control issues (either from design issues or material issues), and are not meant to be played with like a toy.

I thought he was a true garage company, you know, the sort that makes yamato and cms look huge.

Hasbro doesn't really care about real world accuracy (so long as the gist of it is there), or creating scale replicas of real vehicles, since their business is primarily creating fun, safe toys mainly with children in mind. The toy being fun and safe is infinately more important to them to real world accuracy, I've observed, which is probably the right way to go about it when you're a toy company dealing in nations that still have young populations.

We are all aware of that. Its the times when they do pay attention to accuracy that make their efforts impressive. No one can dispute that.

I thought he was a true garage company, you know, the sort that makes yamato and cms look huge.

He is.

Hutch was referring to the sculpt, not the playability. Its common sense for everyone buying one of those that they aren't meant to be played with.

Speaking of City figures... just won a Brave Maximus on ebay... my first Maximus figure and I'm super psyched! Mid-term vacation can't come soon enough! That also means that once the Encore Omega Supreme comes out, I'll have the big three parts for Autobot City... maybe I'll make my Spring hunt be for the big blocky Micromaster fort guy.

Speaking of City figures... just won a Brave Maximus on ebay... my first Maximus figure and I'm super psyched! Mid-term vacation can't come soon enough! That also means that once the Encore Omega Supreme comes out, I'll have the big three parts for Autobot City... maybe I'll make my Spring hunt be for the big blocky Micromaster fort guy.

I think you'll like Brave Maximus, along with his breathtakingly HUGE size he's actually a nicely proportioned and fun toy.

Get some cheap bootleg Maximus reproguns if you can.

We are all aware of that. Its the times when they do pay attention to accuracy that make their efforts impressive. No one can dispute that.
I made that comment because you guys seemed to be taking the fact he is fakey-fake a bit seriously. At least they didn't give him giant gattling gun hands :D

Hutch was referring to the sculpt, not the playability. Its common sense for everyone buying one of those that they aren't meant to be played with.
In that case the sculpt is very impressive, though I thinks he could have saved some costs for himself by simplifiying parts of the design a bit, even if that meant sacrificing accuracy to the cartoon robot mode.

BTW, isn't Powerglide's head/nose mounted gun supposed to be off-center? I can't remember if they carried that quirk onto the animation model.

That earth mode animated Megatron is niiiiiiiiiice. I especially like how the copter blades become a sword, and just the overall look of the robot *is* Megatron, surprisingly more-so than the previous animated Meg's figures. Almost looks like a conventional transformer too(ie: not an animated figure). I'm only going to be picking up one or two of the figures out of the line(probably Optimus and *this* Megatron), but I can definitely see how someone can get caught up in collecting the whole line, and I *definitely* can see the target audience loving the living energon out of all figures in this line. It's just well executed.

Saw the pics of Mirror Universe Optimus. Not bad. Looks like they were going for a Galvatronish theme with him. Does that mean a red, blue & white Megatron?

Did anyone happen to pick up the latest issue of toyfare because that issue has some nice scans of the new transformers for the Animated line including the Earth Megatron and leader class BULKHEAD!!!!! If anyone gets the issue please do post some scans.

I did, here are descriptions I typed up:

Roll out & command Optimus Prime:$49.99, definitely the Supreme size figure that was listed at uk toyfair. Transformation seems to be rolling the truck, and then the torso spins around, possibly swinging the arms out to the sides. His left elbow joint is grey and possibly contains an axe swinging gimmick. His right elbow looks like a regular functional joint. Sadly he may not have bicep swivels. I cannot tell if the left elbow can bend downwards to straighten his arm out. His shoulders might have side to side, and forward movement, but its hard to tell. Looks like he has universal hip movement, and he does have bending knees. He may actually be mistransformed in the photos, I'm not sure if his shoulders are facing the right way, they may have to turn inwards. There looks like there is enough clearance to do so. However, if he does indeed lack a bicep swivel near the elbow, then he cannot possibly utilize a swinging axe gimmick when the shoulders are turned inward to look better. In other words, if you are to turn his shoulders inwards to look better, his elbows can only bend inwards towards his sides. This will dissapoint some of you. He does not look as compromised in articulation as Ultimate Bumblebee but we won't know for sure until he is unveiled at toyfair.

Leader Bulkhead:Has a dual gun mounted between his lights in alt mode. The autobot logo is clear plastic and may either be a button or light up. Missles are on the side of his alt mode, 4 total. More detailed and more mechanical looking than the voyager version(voyager is more clean, this leader one has riveting reminiscent of armor plating and less curved surfaces). Not sure if the missles can launch. Right arm has a built in saw, the left hand looks to have movable fingers. I do not see any wrecking balls in sight. Articulation looks to be about the same as the voyager version, but he has a brighter paint scheme. Sadly, it does not look like his rear end can form a chair to sit on. Oh, the missles end up underneath his forearms in robot mode, like guantlets. Head looks more detailed than the voyager, and there are 3 viewable slots, which might accomodate the Headmaster. If you want the wrecking ball gimmick with cleaner appearance, the voyager is for you. If you want one armed to the teeth and a huge war machine, the leader one is for you. There is reason to have both. As of yet, the voyager one matches his current cartoon appearance more than the leader version. The leader one may be a sign of things to come in the show, as he is definitely more armored looking, and if he gets upgraded in the show(which is likely), then the leader one will most likely be accurate to that look. So all in all, the leader one may be accuate to Bulkhead later on in the show. Niether one of these figures cancels each other out, they may actually represent Bulkhead's appearance from different segments of the show.

Did anyone happen to pick up the latest issue of toyfare because that issue has some nice scans of the new transformers for the Animated line including the Earth Megatron and leader class BULKHEAD!!!!! If anyone gets the issue please do post some scans. :ph34r:

Go back ONE page for Megatron. No sign of Bulkhead yet...

BTW my main dissapointment for animated Leader Megatron are that his rotors look too small. This may have been done so that they would not get in the way of each other when spun in helicopter mode, or to keep them from being too long as swords in robot mode. Anyways, it looks great aside that. Just wish they were longer. It might be the angle of the picture.

BTW my main dissapointment for animated Leader Megatron are that his rotors look too small. .

The rotors are the right diameter for an osprey style craft but the blades are bit thin. I imagine

it will have a gearbox for the rotors as an action feature. Also remember the following:

1. In the Future!

2. This isn't Macross, Realism is a far second or thirtieth behind style and playability.

3. To gain the equivalent lift of a larger rotor with a smaller one all one must do is increase RPM and pitch(+).

(+)There are limits of course...

The rotors are the right diameter for an osprey style craft but the blades are bit thin. I imagine

it will have a gearbox for the rotors as an action feature. Also remember the following:

1. In the Future!

2. This isn't Macross, Realism is a far second or thirtieth behind style and playability.

3. To gain the equivalent lift of a larger rotor with a smaller one all one must do is increase RPM and pitch(+).

(+)There are limits of course...

My reasoning was nothing with the above, it was mainly because it does not match with the animation....

Is it just me, or does it look like leader class bulkhead has black smiley faces on for wheels? If so, very nice (if somewhat demented in just the right way) touch.

Megatron looks cool - I can live with the small blades, the only thing that bugs me a little is the wings on his back in robot mode - but hey, they beat the wings on the back of the american edition of classics megatron . . . .