Transformer Super Thread 6

Jazz does appear to be the best of the group, but he doesn't look "evil" - which is the theme for this year. Plus, the Cybertron Crosswise mold was only ok IMHO.

I really like the head on it, but the rest......meh. It just doesn't look right in Jazz colors.

The only BotCon exclusive that I have a remote interest in, is the as yet unrevealed evil Rodimus/Hot Rod with goatee, that is supposedly a repaint of TF Classics Rodimus.

That does sound interesting, primarily because of the goatee. Nothing says 'evil twin' like a goatee. Especially on robots who can't and shouldn't have facial hair. :)

Edited by eriku

I was wondering that too---what was the point of the opening scene? It did nothing and had no point. But the overall episode was great. Not TOO fond of how they modulate Soundwave's voice---it's too "rough"---I can't understand half of what he says. G1 Soundwave never had that problem.

agreed about soundwaves voice

I had posted in the animated thread but since you guys are discussing it here:

Allright, I'm all caught up on the episodes including Sound and Fury.

Nice easter eggs with Daniel at the Birthday Party and Kremzeek on the video monitor.

Nice to see Soundwave again, although I think he's getting a bum deal becoming a Scion LOL. They've got the voice similar, but there's something not quite right.

I think maybe it's that his pitch doesn't ever seem to drop. Guess it was more than just voice modulation. IMO, nothing can beat the classic Frank Welker performances as Soundwave.

I've seen Prime, Prowl and Bumble all have their battle masks active so far. I don't recall Ratchet or Bulkhead with them, did I miss it maybe?

I thought the last episode with the Blackarachnia origin was pretty awesome. And the Lockdown episode where Ratchet had the flashback with Arcee was pretty good also. It was cool hearing Arcee's original voice.

Wasn't a huge fan of the mech designs at first, but they've grown on me.

I'm enjoying the show, only thing I dislike is the human character designs.

I was wondering that too---what was the point of the opening scene? It did nothing and had no point. But the overall episode was great. Not TOO fond of how they modulate Soundwave's voice---it's too "rough"---I can't understand half of what he says. G1 Soundwave never had that problem.

I think the opening sequence was just a rather forced attempt to show that sari and bulkhead are friends. I notice that a bunch of shows will use the first season to hammer home important relationships or plot points.

Just finished the Black Arachnia and Soundwave episodes. Both were excellent, with the Arachnia episode being the clear better of the two. I loved the organic origin. It's just good storytelling. I'm really surprised at the number of G1 references they're throwing in, and even more surprised that they're being thrown in WELL.

Edit: and does anyone else get a Captain America vibe from Sentinel Prime? Between the head design and the shield.

Edited by Alpha OTS

Soundwave's G1 voice was far more than just running it through a processor and pressing a button. After the first "round" of processing, they had a musician-engineer sound guy tweak each syllable by hand/ear to get that distinctive sound----unless you know exactly what was done and have the skill and ear to do it right for each sound, it can never be replicated. It's not simply "finding the right settings" on a sound editor and having a machine do the whole ep's dialogue for you. It's hand-crafting each word.

That's why no one can take Dr Claw voice clips and easily make "new" Soundwave quotes. That "something" is always missing, and that "something" is the hand-tweaking of each syllable.

PS---Sentinel Prime is The Tick. Energon-y Goodness FTW.

They could have done that without the human super villian angle showing up, but I think that might have been the point. This is the future and super villians show up when you least expect it.

Bulkhead being attacked by exploding kitty cats was pretty funny though. The battle had a whole Power Puff vibe to it.

Yea the girl in the beginning of the Soundwave episode was pointless. Not to mention corny. I'm tired of hearing Bulkhead say "my bad". I'm glad we are seeing the battle masks used more. I think its highly possible that Prowl and Bumblebee will recieve retools later on in the figure line with their battle masks on. Same reason why I will not be picking them up on launch day. The guy doing Megatron's voice is perfect. I don't think Prime will have an easy victory over him at all. What I like most about the Decepticons is that each of them have their own agenda so far(maybe not Lugnut, since he might be a tool, but that remains to be seen). I will probably pick up the Soundwave figure. I like his character on the show, so the figure is worth purchasing. The figure I look forward to the most as of now, is Ratchet.

While not super satisfied with Soundwave's voice, I find myself happy that they bothered to modulate it at all.

Megatron's, I agree, is perfect. I mean, Frank Welker's Megatron is hard not to associate with the character, but it's a little 80's cheesy villiany in hindsight. His voice in Animated is more sinister.

I'm glad we are seeing the battle masks used more. I think its highly possible that Prowl and Bumblebee will recieve retools later on in the figure line with their battle masks on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that at least one of the Prime toys had the mask as removable.

Edited by mikeszekely

gay...........Transformers didn't win anything from the awards. I thought they looked better then an fin talking CG polar bear, or Bourne, or bore.

what??? boring compass got best effects? That's just complete bullshit. The effects in that movie didn't even begin to approach pirates or transformers.

I just re-read some of the recent pages in this thread, belated thanks to Barpharanges & Fit For Natalie for their input on the RID car brothers figures. I am kinda interested in 'em, so maybe I'll give RID Prowl or X-Brawn a try from eBay, for the right price ....

Edited by Vermillion21

Soundwave's G1 voice was far more than just running it through a processor and pressing a button. After the first "round" of processing, they had a musician-engineer sound guy tweak each syllable by hand/ear to get that distinctive sound----unless you know exactly what was done and have the skill and ear to do it right for each sound, it can never be replicated. It's not simply "finding the right settings" on a sound editor and having a machine do the whole ep's dialogue for you. It's hand-crafting each word.

That's why no one can take Dr Claw voice clips and easily make "new" Soundwave quotes. That "something" is always missing, and that "something" is the hand-tweaking of each syllable.

SHENANIGANS!!!

SHENANIGANS I TELL YA!!!

Next you're gonna tell me that the guy who did Mer Man's voice in He-Man WASN'T just some dude talking with his mouth half full of water

Isn't the visual effects category supposed to award good looking stuff, not crappy polar bear CG? Come on, Pirates and TF loosing to that thing <_<

What happened to the big plane robot toy from the new TF animated series? Laugnaugh or something. Haven't seen pictures of it since the old protos.

Megatron's, I agree, is perfect. I mean, Frank Welker's Megatron is hard not to associate with the character, but it's a little 80's cheesy villiany in hindsight. His voice in Animated is more sinister.

the same guy did the voice of Brainiac in DCAU and he also did several voices in the original Tf cartoon notably Shockwave.

(Alpha Trion / Brawn / Shockwave / Sunstreaker / Wideload / Spike Witwicky / Dion / Vector Sigma)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0123553/

What happened to the big plane robot toy from the new TF animated series? Laugnaugh or something. Haven't seen pictures of it since the old protos.

Lugnut

post-1571-1203956021_thumb.jpg

There's some news stories up at TFW and Tformers pointing to a possible release of two new Binaltechs.

BT-19 (Streak (BlueStreak), repainted Blue Subaru WRX sans Racing Decals)

bt19bluestreak.jpg

BT-20 (Meister (Movie Colors) repainted Silver MazdaSpeed RX-8 (Shockwave Body))

bt20meister.jpg

http://tformers.com/transformers-confirmed.../9080/news.html

If true, i hope Takara has a proper Trailbreaker in the works.

Edited by Veritas

An alternators Trailbreaker would be awesome!!!

Here's hoping. I've been anticipating one since those prototype shots of BT-09 (Swindle) surfaced with an Autobot symbol clearly planted on the hood way back when. Not to mention the dead on accuracy of the head. <_<

Edited by Veritas

There's some news stories up at TFW and Tformers pointing to a possible release of two new Binaltechs.

BT-19 (Streak (BlueStreak), repainted Blue Subaru WRX sans Racing Decals)

BT-20 (Meister (Movie Colors) repainted Silver MazdaSpeed RX-8 (Shockwave Body))

http://tformers.com/transformers-confirmed.../9080/news.html

If true, i hope Takara has a proper Trailbreaker in the works.

Hooray! Even more repaints of that WRX mold. <_< This would be, what, the fourth one? And the third RX8, right?

Hooray! Even more repaints of that WRX mold. <_< This would be, what, the fourth one? And the third RX8, right?

Lame repaints are part of the reason BinALts stopped I thought, and they bring it back by doing more? This is exactly what I didn't want.

The Meister at least, I can see a little marketability with the movie tie-in. I'll not buy one because I already own Meister in the colors I want. But BlueStreak? Completely unnecessary and pointless. A PITA mold to transform, and the paint job only makes it a slight variation of BinAlts that already exist. At least do something people want, take the truck mold and either a) paint it black, pop Swindle's head on it and call it Trailbreaker or b) paint it green with some orange highlights in bot mode and call it Hoist. Or take the Scion, apply a red with black highlights in bot mode paint app and call it Ironhide. Or a Frenzy repaint of Rumble?(or is it a Rumble repaint of Frenzy?) Although I think the last suggestion was never released in the Binaltech line.

take the truck mold

Or take the Scion

Or a Frenzy repaint

Or, here's a wild suggestion, they could make a NEW FRICKIN' MOLD. I know, it's radical, but there are more cars out there than the few they used in the Alternators line, and I wouldn't mind seeing some of them as Transformers.

Honestly, how could Hasbro say with a straight face that they didn't want to make all the Classics Seekers because they didn't want that many repaints on the shelves after a line like Alternators?

Honestly, how could Hasbro say with a straight face that they didn't want to make all the Classics Seekers because they didn't want that many repaints on the shelves after a line like Alternators?

Then again, Hasbro might have nothing to do with these new repaints. They are are part of the Binaltech line, and I'm willing to think that Alternators are pretty much dead in th U.S. Isn't TakaTomy releasing G1 Ironhide in Movie colors? This silver Meister just seems to be part of that trend over in Japan.

Or, here's a wild suggestion, they could make a NEW FRICKIN' MOLD. I know, it's radical, but there are more cars out there than the few they used in the Alternators line, and I wouldn't mind seeing some of them as Transformers.

I'd love to see some new mold BTs/Alts. but i can't be certain Takara and/or Hasbro would be willing to put up the money into making a new one. Best we can hope for right now is that they'll release some repaints/remolds that we actually care about. All in due time... if this is even true that is.

Then again, Hasbro might have nothing to do with these new repaints. They are are part of the Binaltech line, and I'm willing to think that Alternators are pretty much dead in th U.S. Isn't TakaTomy releasing G1 Ironhide in Movie colors? This silver Meister just seems to be part of that trend over in Japan.

I'd say something like "fair enough" and shift my ire toward Takara, if it weren't for the fact that that still left us with all those repaints prior to these two.

Or I'll just say they're both guilty of rampant repaints.

Either way, maybe only Takara Tomy is reviving their Binaltech line, and maybe Hasbro's not going to bother. But if Hasbro IS going to bother, be it now or at some other point, I'm just saying they're going to need something more exciting than another blue WRX to get me interested.

Like a red Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Cliffjumper. Or a Dodge Charger Gears.