Transformer Super Thread 6

Silverbolt looks like a cross between an XB-70, and concept art for stratobombers/high speed space shuttles.

I can see a Night Raven custom already!

That too, I but I think FFN might have been thinking VF-0D. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

They let people from the press and corporate buyers handle the toys, which is why Sunstreaker is in his Sideswipe configuration, but Silverbolt's box was a mock up, so it was glued onto the display.

I find it interesting that (if you count Blaster), the Autobots have four large fliers in this line now.

That too, I but I think FFN might have been thinking VF-0D. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
I did? I mean yes, I did! FFN knows all... :huh: Edited by Fit For Natalie

I decided to add the "vehicles that were in the movie but weren't officially robots" to my movie line up; transformable robots would just be a plus to that plan. So I picked up Landmine, Stockade, and Screen Battles Long Arm w/legless Bee. I'm passing on Incinerator, just too big, and the propeller hands are a big turn off. One would be acceptable, but both? Nope. No deal.

Landmine was the first I opened and remains the one I'm the most impressed with. He's the dune buggy that the soldiers were driving out of Sector 7's base in Hoover Dam. Not only does he have an excellent vehicle mode and transformation, but he's one of the few unofficial movie bots that manages to carry over the movie aesthetic in a good way. From the face to the arms and especially hands to the "they didn't need to add this TF step, but cool, they did!" factor to the over the shoulder cannon to the better than Bonecrusher roller skates. It's just a well engineered and good looking deluxe mold in both modes. Arcee's the only other figure from the line that I thought captures the movie aesthetic. Glad to have another figure that does too.

Stockade is unfortunately the complete opposite of Landmine. He's the SUV model that the Sector 7 agents were all driving. Simple transformation, which I don't mind so much except that the bot mode isn't much to look at, and most importantly doesn't really capture the movie aesthetic at all, especially with the "G1 Wheeljack" styled head.

LongArm is what I expected. Solid, but just doesn't convey the movie aesthetic like Landmine does. I do find it funny that his name is LongArm and the Megan Fox driver has very long arms. Legless Bee does look pretty neat sitting on LongArm's shoulders though.

I'm passing on Incinerator, just too big, and the propeller hands are a big turn off. One would be acceptable, but both? Nope. No deal.

Thats one of my favorite movie figures, then again I wanted a V-22 Transformer since seeing it in the beginning of the movie, and I like the V-22 as it is. One of the better voyagers. I like it a lot more than Blackout(which was a dissapointing toy).

I want a movie A-10 figure, the upcoming Powerblade and TRu exclusive Sonic Bomber repaint are cool, but I want a solid realistic A-10 based movie Transformer.

Thats one of my favorite movie figures, then again I wanted a V-22 Transformer since seeing it in the beginning of the movie, and I like the V-22 as it is. One of the better voyagers. I like it a lot more than Blackout(which was a dissapointing toy).

I want a movie A-10 figure, the upcoming Powerblade and TRu exclusive Sonic Bomber repaint are cool, but I want a solid realistic A-10 based movie Transformer.

There was an A-10 in the movie too, wasn't there? We're probably too far pass the movie line window for a movie themed version though. Damn, that was a missed opportunity too.

Can you do anything with Incinerator's propeller hands? Do they pop off? Can you replace them? Can you peg them on any other part of the figure and have it look ok?

There was an A-10 in the movie too, wasn't there? We're probably too far pass the movie line window for a movie themed version though. Damn, that was a missed opportunity too.

Can you do anything with Incinerator's propeller hands? Do they pop off? Can you replace them? Can you peg them on any other part of the figure and have it look ok?

Yeah the A-10's "brought the rain", which was more memorable than the V-22s just transporting the main human characters in the beginning. I was glad to see both but I wish Hasbro made an A-10 transformer. Definitely agree, missed opportunity right there.

Incincerator's hands can pop off, they actually come packaged that way. Not sure if you can plug them anywhere else though.

Some pictures of TakaraTomy Premium Movie Prime are at Tformers.com here. I think Dave was the one waiting for this. I think I'm just going to go with the regular Hasbro premium version state-side. The chrome looks really nice, but having it on the feet is a turn off. It's just begging to be chipped there.

And holy cow! They're reissuing Metroplex?! Yeowzer!

I still want more pics, but I plan to get it. I am SERIOUSLY considering swapping for the original head and cab roof, so if anyone would like to trade for the "new, more accurate" head for their original-issue Movie Prime, let me know.

just upped my Alt collection by 1 more, good old Hot Rodimus...I mean Hot Rod. Neat toy, like the visor gimmick...course the yellow flames could be brighter...they're nearly blended into the paint cause they're too dark goldish, they need to be yellow like his arms.

So I picked up Landmine

Best new movie deluxe toy imo.

-Good posability ("classics mirage"-levels-of-goodness: hip joint, balljoints in limbs and wrists, swivel leg joints etc)

-the gun looks like a gun in bot mode. (not some oversized scifi blaster but something that looks humanoid-ish)

-sculpt is good

-face is actually fugly but in a good way like wreckage. :D Not like Arcee fugly.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

There is a trick to the gun you have to fold it up and then have his hand grip the folded bit as if it were a handle while the chain of bullets made of flexible plastic holds it to his hand by the pressure of the plastic which wants to resist bending. (it flexes though so nothing will crack)

The back of his hand is "ribbed" so the bullets kind of sit inside snugly to add a bit more grip along with the foled hand. The way it should be folded is that the handle of the gun forms a "Z" shape. Actually more like a

__
   |
   |__

shape. The vertical bit of the grey foldy plastic is where his fingers and thumb should grip with the flexible plastic bullets snugly gripping the "ribs" on the one side of his hand/seat.

The one good I've noticed is how the rollerskates is an optional transformation. You can just leave the wheels on his ankle if you don't like the idea of skates although it doesn't look as good.

The joints:

-collar bone joint,(for raised shoulder poses)

-balljointed shoulder

-ball jointed elbow

-ball jointed wrist

-palm joint (two way)

-opposable thumb (two way)

-bendy thumb

-fingers/claws that bend

-balljointed head

-stomach swivel

-balljointed legs

-thigh swivel

-two way knee bend

-two way ankle bend (keep feet flat on the ground for those crouch poses)

and the gimmicks of using his weapon as a shoulder gun is pretty cool too. Only problem I think is if you don't like skinny "EVA" styled skinny robots (you ar more into block ones) he might not appeal to you. He kinda reminds me of what a terminator would like in the transformers world. :D (if they were remade with five eyeballs)

I have a theory: it was landmine who was the one who caused the freddy krueger/wolverine marks on the wall in the movie. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I prefer having Landmine's cannon just extend forward from it's car mode position so that it's a back cannon, but I have seen a pose with him holding his gun with both hands that I thought was very cool. How many deluxes can pull that off?

I'm really going to miss the movie line. I didn't buy most of the non-movie molds, but I liked that we had realistic real world vehicles even if they had to occassionally skew it a bit to get by the licenses(as is the case with Stockade and Longarm). It's almost like an Alternator line, which will remain my favorite TF line. As cool as Classics and Animated are, that's not something either of them are trying to do, nor is it the point of either. I look forward to the movie line returning with the sequel, and maybe we might even get that A-10 then. :)

I look forward to the movie line returning with the sequel, and maybe we might even get that A-10 then. smile.gif

Hell yea. Surprisingly enough, if a more realistic A-10 movie Transformer was made, it would be more accurate to G1 Powerglide's jet mode than the Classics version is. I hope the movie sequel line spawns a BIG Starscream with great articulation, sleek underside, retractable landing gear, and no indication that it can transform at all when in alt mode. A more accurate F-22 mode would help too.

Also a Leader Prime with both gun, and sword, all new, more accurate.

The toys from the sequel will most likely render the ones we like now obsolete, but hell for what we have now, the movie toys are pretty damn fun to play with. I had more fun playing with these than Cybertron and the rest of the Armada trilogy toys(truth be told, I did not like most of Armada and Energon toys, but Cybertron is cool).

I hope Megatron 'stays dead' for 1 full movie, so that SS can lead the 'cons for the 2nd movie, thus he would "deserve" a $50 toy in Hasbro's eyes, etc, and we can get the F-22 we all want.

Heh, I never even considered it that way, but I agree with you completely.

I hope Megatron 'stays dead' for 1 full movie, so that SS can lead the 'cons for the 2nd movie, thus he would "deserve" a $50 toy in Hasbro's eyes, etc, and we can get the F-22 we all want.

It's funny that you mentioned that because this would be a perfect time to do a Shameless plug for my buddy's first Writing Gig for IDW.

It's called The Reign of Starscream and it's a bit of a Prequel, but mostly Sequel to the Transformers Live action movie.

The link I posted is a 5 page preview of the first issue.

The story serves to tie up some loose ends in the movie, like what happened to Barricade and why Megs said Starscream failed him again.

It also serves as a prologue to what Starscreams up to post movie.

You can see my buddy's interview here and read about what's in store for this title.

It's out at comic shops on 4/30

Landmine is one of the best deluxes in the movie line but his right lower leg on mine cannot hook into place, and holding his gun takes some fiddling. Love the alt mode and range of motion for his articulation though, unmatched in that pricepoint in the movie line.

Mine couldnt hold the gun either, so I use it as a shoulder mounted cannon. The bar attaching it to the top of the buggy allows for that movement.

The more I look at Delux movie SS. The more I think a pretty damn accurate F/A-22 can be made with pretty much the same transformation process. I just needs a larger scale ( to accomadate some smaller/thinner parts) and the removal of those STUPID gatling gun arms. I'd love to see a leader class or a masterpeice of Movie screamer....he's one of the few designs I actually didn't hate.

Chris

Well, we're already on Season 2 of Animated, just a week after Season 1 ended. They're already adding new characters, and Hasbro is still too buys hawking movie repaints and Cybertron scounts repainted under the movie label (and yes, I did think I could use some of those scouts to make a Classics Hound and a Classics Seaspray, but that's besides the point). Seriously, I already want the toy for Animated Jazz, and outside of eBay I can't even get Prime yet.