Transformer Super Thread 6

I scored Pre-Earth Prime today, he's a very cool toy. Pretty much all ball joints that are nice and stiff for good posing. You don't even need instructions to transform him, he's very straightforward.

I really like it.

Hasbro didn't screw it up, it's the retailers. The movie line sold like hotcakes and the retailers asked for more movie toys. Hence Hasbro pushed the Animated toys back.

Heh, I'm still buying movie toys, so maybe the retailers have a point. :) I just picked up Screen Battles "Capture of Bumblebee" and "Desert Attack".

After having the legless Bee from the Longarm set, and after having watched the movie again recently, the Bumblebee in this set seems to have more accurate movie colors. Pretty much the black on the normal deluxe is dark gray here, which actually gives a tiny bit more color variation because the black's still there on the car parts. Plus he has an autobot symbol on his head like he does in the movie, and with this set I now have some Sector 7 guys to have stand around Stockade.

Scorponok is pretty much, bleh. I mean, he's movie accurate, and the spinning gear gimmick is nifty, but he doesn't do much after that. He doesn't transform, he just gets half-assed legs to stand up. Still better than nothing. I'm a little dissapointed there's no way to attach him to Blackout's back. There's a way to attach him in copter mode, but eh, doesn't do much for me. The soldier figures are pretty nice though, and a nice accessory to give to Landmine, which was part of the reason I picked the set up anyway.

I noticed the pegs are pretty regularly stocked now. It's still pretty tough finding the normal movie figures but that should change with the last few waves of premiums. Pretty good way to end the line if you ask me. It was a sometimes frustrating but ultimately fun ride.

I scored Pre-Earth Prime today, he's a very cool toy. Pretty much all ball joints that are nice and stiff for good posing. You don't even need instructions to transform him, he's very straightforward.

I really like it.

Where'd you find it, at regular retail or did you buy from eBay?

Edited by Vermillion21

Well, originally, the show wasn't supposed to air until the spring. It got moved way up, but the toy line didn't.

Considering how many of the damn things are turning up on eBay (and even a few in test markets like Cincinnati), I could see why they didn't have the toys ready in December or in January when the show debuted, but there's no way you could get me to believe that Hasbro couldn't have the toys in stores this month if they really wanted them there.

Hasbro doesn't want the toys out now, partly because the first quarter of a year usually means slower sales. That's one reason why they're waiting until mid year to release them.

Yeah, but they're going to be the first to complain come June when Animated hasn't shown a new episode in a month and everyone's buying Iron Man, Hulk, and Spider-Man toys instead of Transformers.

Oh well. Let the kids buy whatever's captivating their ADD attention spans... it'll make it easier for me to get the Transformers I want.

Considering how many of the damn things are turning up on eBay (and even a few in test markets like Cincinnati), I could see why they didn't have the toys ready in December or in January when the show debuted, but there's no way you could get me to believe that Hasbro couldn't have the toys in stores this month if they really wanted them there.

While I think the figures should have been out during the series' premiere, looking at toy shelves recently in stores, there is simply no room for them. The retailers probably asked to push them back, but at the same time, its retailer's under ordering and underestimating movie line sales that led to them asking for more movie toys. I think demand for the movie line caught them with their pants down.

Looks like the first wave of figures might have been bumped up to the first week of May...

LINK

Which ppl need to pay close attention, this is only in Canada where in some stores the figures are already out. US release is still June.

Where'd you find it, at regular retail or did you buy from eBay?

Yep, got it for a buck on ebay. But this helped me decide if I wanted the toys or not. I got to say, these are gonna be pretty good.

While I think the figures should have been out during the series' premiere, looking at toy shelves recently in stores, there is simply no room for them. The retailers probably asked to push them back, but at the same time, its retailer's under ordering and underestimating movie line sales that led to them asking for more movie toys. I think demand for the movie line caught them with their pants down.

Yeah, and the reason there's no room for them is because the shelf is clogged with movie scouts. And hey, maybe that is the retailers' faults. Maybe I am being hasty in blaming Hasbro. Either way, the first season of Animated is over, and the toys are still two months away because the shelves are jammed with movie toys that the majority don't seem to be interested in anymore.

Nobody's interested because the only "movie" toys Hasbro seems to have produced in the last 6 months are:

Guy not in the movie #1

Guy from Cybertron, repainted

Guy not in the movie #2

Guy not in the movie #1, repaint

Hasbro just totally dropped the ball for Christmas. They should have shipped entire cases of nothing but Bumblebee and Prime--would have sold tons. But they didn't, and now most kids just don't care. So instead Hasbro's trying to eke out the last few bucks from collectors who have to have every repaint and remold.

Nobody's interested because the only "movie" toys Hasbro seems to have produced in the last 6 months are:

Guy not in the movie #1

Guy from Cybertron, repainted

Guy not in the movie #2

Guy not in the movie #1, repaint

Hasbro just totally dropped the ball for Christmas. They should have shipped entire cases of nothing but Bumblebee and Prime--would have sold tons. But they didn't, and now most kids just don't care. So instead Hasbro's trying to eke out the last few bucks from collectors who have to have every repaint and remold.

You're exactly right, and I just saw 2 new Cybertron repaints at Wal Mart yesterday, and on TFW205.com, Hasbro just revealed 2 more upcoming Cybertron repaints.

Animated has technically just ended its first season, is a week into its second, and the first wave of figures is weeks from shipping.

I'll wait for a properly transformed one. Compared to the rest of the line, I can't believe it "really" looks that off from the animation and early design art in jet mode. Especially for being a Voyager.

I mean, seriously. G1 did it a lot better. (It helped that the MiG-25 itself is boxy as hell)

God, these toys are awful. Just awful. More money in my wallet because of that, though. Woop woop.

With the exception of the blitzwing, I think these new figures are great, really close to the animation with smooth innovative transformations. Blitzwing is the only one I consider a total dud.

Animated Blitzwing, full body shot!

Never thought this would happen, but he has a way larger undercarriage than Movie Starscream! True its a compromise, and mistransformed, but still, I don't think theres any way getting around it.

Swing wings/F-14 influence FTW though.

Maybe if the tracks fold upwards toward the wings? Eh, still won't help. Jet mode doesn't look like much, and doesn't look like a proper transform will fix it either. :(

TFA Blitzwing is a Deluxe.

You guys have seen the cartoon right?

The treads swing back and turn 90 degrees to sit more flush with the body and the rear

parts fold some more to be a flatter tail. The pic shows litterally the mid point between

the two alt-modes. I dare possibly the ugliest mid point at that. For a deluxe it seems

to be pretty ballsy, especially considering how well it sticks to the animated design.

I will cetainly be touching it up with a fine tip gundam pen. That beige drowns a lot of nice

details out on the mold.

And yes I am a fan.

With the exception of the blitzwing, I think these new figures are great, really close to the animation with smooth innovative transformations. Blitzwing is the only one I consider a total dud.

I hate the animation for Animated so if the toys look like the characters on the show it's a surefire bet that I'll hate the toys. ;p Different strokes for different folks I spose.

On the various forums there's about 50 posts screaming that TFA Blitzwing is a Voyager and always has been, and another 50 screaming just as passionately that he's been downgraded to a deluxe. I'll wait until we get a Wal-Mart or Target price listing.

Though if he has been downgraded, that'd both explain everything AND suck. We all know he needed just a little bit more to be awesome.

::edit:: New pics, less suck: http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-260118.html Plus, other known Voyagers for size comparison. Tank mode's definitely mis-TF'd. Does the owner not realize there are big hinges in the wings for a reason?

::edit:: New pics, less suck: http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-260118.html Plus, other known Voyagers for size comparison. Tank mode's definitely mis-TF'd. Does the owner not realize there are big hinges in the wings for a reason?

Looks....better, but it's also from angles that don't highlight the height of the undercarriage like the pic above did.

Prowl?

I dunno, I'm just quoting what was said at BotCon last year. Didn't think about that one though. Although it's hardly the same Prowl. A ninja motorcycle vs a 2nd-in-command police car. Blitzwing is still pretty much the same in concept.

On the various forums there's about 50 posts screaming that TFA Blitzwing is a Voyager and always has been, and another 50 screaming just as passionately that he's been downgraded to a deluxe. I'll wait until we get a Wal-Mart or Target price listing.

Though if he has been downgraded, that'd both explain everything AND suck. We all know he needed just a little bit more to be awesome.

I too hope he is a Voyager but all the lists from sources more reliable than the fan base have listed as a Deluxe.

But I do agree we will see what's up when the time comes. And to give them props to squeeae all that into a

deluxe is some pretty fine work. That c'mon folks, he even has the Belt Pouches, what's not to love (except for

the obvious treads in jet mode).

I completely agree about the wing hinges, it's pretty damned obvious.

Here is the design art that made the rounds. By the looks of some of the finer details of the design the initial

concept was very likely a Voyager. I'm going to Botcon this next week, I'll pass along the intel as I get it.

post-1571-1208628938_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chindenathus