Custom 1/60 YF-19 Focker ravens scheme

takatoys

This is my latest custom YF-19 :rolleyes:

For anyone interested in having this custom, it is on ebay (auction ends on Monday). Don't expect to have more of these for sale.

Some of the features:

The front black section have been repainted for more accuracy and the extra canards that comes with the toy have also been painted black. The pilot suit has been painted black too. The yellow color on the wings, shoulders etc is not paint. It is a special thin pactra tape specially made to decorate model kits. This tape resists peeling and creeping. The yellow tape looks great and does not get damaged during transformation as paint does. Markings have been perfectly cut so minimal seams are evident. The shoulder gaps have been reduced. A neck cover was made and a cover between the head and shield was also made. The crooked gunpod has also been fixed. Panel lines were done with pencil and look very neat. The most notorious modification is the workable wing flaps. I will transform it once and take pictures tomorrow in battloid mode.

ravens3.jpg

ravens4.jpg

ravens5.jpg

ravens6.jpg

ravens7.jpg

ravens8.jpg

ravens9.jpg

ravens10.jpg

Edited by takatoys

DAMN!!!!

Taka you do good work!!!!

And eugi, I would bid but I'm out of cash right now so I hope you win and "keep in the family" so to speak :lol:

Have you revised/finalized your method on reducing the shoulder gap? I still want to do it to mine. (Also, a lot of the pics on the YF-19 mods thread is gone, so there's not as much reference as there used to be for what you did)

This is my method of getting rid of the gap. You have to carve part of the shoulder piece inside so it can be pushed forward.

I did this with my dremel and a cutting bit. You don't need to dismantle the arm. I just did it so you can see it better.

shoulderfix1.jpg

shoulderfix2.jpg

Great job on the custom!

It's been a really long time, like (5) years or more, but I used to buy quite a few of your custom 1/55 nosecones, complete with pilot, etc. I think I bought around (15) in one order. It brings back memories of the days when there was no Yamato, and your only option was a yellowed Jetfire or Joons off of eBay. Ha, ha. :lol:

If I remember correctly, your name is Eric? Anyway, good luck with your auction!

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Tempted to bid, but a little bit scared of the yellow bits being stickers not paint. I know you mention they resist peeling but...........

Anyway, can we add this to the MW custom toy gallery?

Graham

The tape is a high-tech film and it is made in United kingdom. :rolleyes:

I used this tape before and it really works well. For me it looks better than paint.

This is the complete description:

pactra.jpg

You can add it to the custom gallery but let me take more pictures in battloid mode. I run out of day light and only got a chance to take one clean picture.

ravens10.jpg

That Pactra stuff is great I used it on my RC cars when I used to race in the Tamiya EuroCup. Stays on better than the stickers do and takes knocks well too.

Tried all sorts of stuff before including the Vynl stuff the sign guys use, but that just peals off as soon as it gets wet or gets some cleaning fluids or tyre addatives on it.

The Eurocup in the U.K sees a lot of wet race meeting rounds :(

Edited by big F

That is one sexy homage, especially in battroid mode!

It'd be awesome if you could take some comparison/side-by-side pics of this and the Focker VF-1S before you have to ship it away.