The Dark Knight Thread

Guest sh002

deadshot, riddler, joker, or catwoman (maybe) would be cool. what about the guy with the puppet from btas? he could be some psycho with a creepy puppet. i don't think bane would fit. music plays a big part in movies. imagine this movie with prince music. :lol:

the only things that bothered me was the music being a little loud at the end and you couldn't hear all the dialogue and why does the mayor wear guyliner? :lol:

Can someone refresh my memory cuz i didn't catch it:

Why exactly are people trying to get out of Gotham? Did the Joker threatened that he had some kinda WMD planted in the city?

And can we remove spoiler tags already?

Joker tells the people of Gotham that it is his city now and that he would play with them that night, or something like that, and if they didn't want to play, they should leave town.

Yeah, can we stop with the spoiler tags now?

In regards to Catwoman, do you think Nolan would want to visit her character or do you think he'd want to keep his distance because of the recent horrible Catwoman movie?

As for a return of the Joker, I'd like to see what Johnny Depp could do...

the only things that bothered me was the music being a little loud at the end and you couldn't hear all the dialogue and why does the mayor wear guyliner? :lol:

:lol: ya what mayor wears eyeliner lol

Batman Forever was on the other day...good god..another reason why the 90's sucked. I think I was 20-21 when I saw it in the theater..

post-121-1216656503_thumb.jpg

I ended up going to this with some of the guys during the Con and it was a pretty awesome movie. Just a bit too long.

:ph34r:

well, here's what nolan and goyer are saying about possible villains if there's a third batman movie:

Recently writers Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer sat down with the guys over at Movieonline, where they talked a little about who they’d like to use for Batman 3, when the inevitable becomes reality. They seem determined to do something unpredictable. Goyer says, “We’re not going to tell you other than to say Batman has been published for 70 years. In the first movie we used Ra’s Al Ghul and the Scarecrow who had not been in the movies before and had not been in the 60s TV show and there are dozens, if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says you have to use the Penguin or Catwoman. Well, I completely disagree.”

Clayface?

Hush?

Bane?

Talia?

whatever they come up, good luck!! and i have confidence that they'll come up with something great (though most likely not as great as dark knight). things that i'm looking forward to for movie 3: the return of the batcave, gordon's manhunt for batman.

Recently writers Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer sat down with the guys over at Movieonline, where they talked a little about who they’d like to use for Batman 3, when the inevitable becomes reality. They seem determined to do something unpredictable. Goyer says, “We’re not going to tell you other than to say Batman has been published for 70 years. In the first movie we used Ra’s Al Ghul and the Scarecrow who had not been in the movies before and had not been in the 60s TV show and there are dozens, if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says you have to use the Penguin or Catwoman. Well, I completely disagree.”

Clayface?

Hush?

Bane?

Talia?

How about Hugo Strange?

BatMANUEL, that's who! B))

I made my wife laugh out loud when I pointed out to her that the guy playing the mayor also played Batmanuel in THE TICK... I kinda figured somebody in casting had a weird sense of humor! :lol:

:lol: casting director rules! :)

goes to show, when the mayor was giving that speech about everyone using "anything in your past against you", he KNEW what he was talking about! :lol:

Guest sh002

still come on. i'm guessing all the actors wear a little makeup. they could have probably made his lashes a little less noticeable. that was some major contrast on a big screen.

Catwoman could be good. And I think Ledger could well be replacable. Don't get me wrong, he definitely a home run in the role but I think a good amount of credit should go with the direction and screenplay, as well. I'd say don't replace him until #4 maybe... Riddler and Catwoman could be a good combo. Are they going to try to introduce a Robin, though?

FWIW, Batman Forever is my favorite of the last movie series. I liked Keaton but always thought the Nicholson Joker and DeVito Penguin were just a silly as the Governator's Freeze (which wasn't THAT bad IMO).

Catwoman could be good. And I think Ledger could well be replacable. Don't get me wrong, he definitely a home run in the role but I think a good amount of credit should go with the direction and screenplay, as well. I'd say don't replace him until #4 maybe... Riddler and Catwoman could be a good combo. Are they going to try to introduce a Robin, though?

Nolan has said many times he has no interest in introducing Robin in his vision of Batman. Once he makes #3 and probably decides to retire from the franchise I can imagine that the studio will rehire Shumacher or someone equally horrible to take over.

Studio exec: Nolan, Batman #3 was great, after winning every Golden Globe, Oscar, and the Nobel Peace Prize and sinking Titanic's box office record, you just have to make a 4th one. But we want you to sex things up a little with the bat suit, I dunno, I guess you can't show any skin so maybe you can mold some anatomical detail right into the suit. Oh and Gotham is to dark at night. I can't see a thing, I want you to put neon lights up everywhere. Oh and we got a deal with Shia Labeouf to co-star in the next movie to play batman's spunky sidekick. Whats his name? Ummm Sparrow right?

Nolan: That would be Robin, sir.

Studio exec: Whatever, oh and we've fired Morgan Freeman and Micheal Cain, sheesh why are these guys so expensive? Its not like they're all that sexy or anything. Anyway, we couldn't afford them with all the new special effects we're going to be adding. After the space walk scene where batman saves the earth from a giant meteor. We blew 1/2 our budget, so all we could afford was Chris Tucker and William Austin.

Nolan: William Austin? didn't he play Alfred in the 60s batman series? But he's dead!

Studio exec: Yeah, we blew the other half of the FX budget trying to digitally recreate him.

Nolan: Wait wouldn't it have been cheaper to just rehire Morgan and Caine?!

Studio exec: I suppose, anyway, we've had some problems with getting him right, so until we get things perfected we've rented another digital actor to stand in for him. He's on loan from George Lucas.

Nolan: Oh god no... you don't mean. *enter jar jar*

Studio exec: well, whatcha think?

Nolan: *shoots self*

Studio exec: Oh well, I I think Micheal Bay is available, and he does have those transforming robots, maybe we could make the batmobile......

Edited by GobotFool

Last night I watched the special features on the second disc that came with the Gotham Knights DVD. The villans special is pretty cool. They Really could do Clayface in this new realistic series because Clayface originally was human and was just a guy who could use prostetics and make-up very well to hide his identity and become someone else. it wasn't until latter in Batmans history did he become more supernatural. I still say using a Riddler who is just a straight out serial killer, who is a cross between the Zodiac and Jack the Ripper, is terrorising Gotham with truely vicious and horrific crimes, and it's up to Batman to help the police solve his Riddles to save the next victims...all the while Batman has to evade the Police. I LOVED these last 2 Batman movies, they are both now my favorite movies period, that being said I'd just like to see a more "intimate" movie instead of the entire city is at risk. This way we could also see Batman do his detective thing too.

Chris

*spoilers if at all i really need to add this in a dedicated thread...*

Mark Hamil will be the next joker, just you guys wait and see. :lol: screw up his face, add makeup and lose some flab, viola! He has to be the next Joker.

ok just came back from seeing the movie which i will be going back for a 2nd or even 3rd time, it's a masterpiece!

Heath, you should have looked after yourself better man, you had so much talent, it's a waste and makes me sad.

Joker and Twoface made that movie, batman was more of a side character to me.... LOL! :lol: anyone else feel that too?

I gotta ask the question... Why so.. serious?

Love his magic pencil dissapearing trick, priceless.

I loved the first batman movie with Jack, Jack was awesome, i saw alot of jack in this movie as well, but Heath just outclassed him with freak and insanity.

Ohh, and his nurse uniform pranceing antics and then waiting for the explosive to go off.... :lol: R O T F L

It sucks they killed off harvey, that would have been an awesome 3rd movie.

So i gotta ask you people, who will be the main villian next movie?

I can't see penguin or the lesser ones (heard the director/writers wanted to stray away from the blarzey villians) make an appearance...

Dr Freeze whilst i love his character in the series i think it might not fit in very well, but i'm open to brilliance in somehow adapting his story or likeness.

What about that time guy? You know, he uses his suprememe calculations and time awareness to foil bats in a couple of epsodes i remember watching TV series...

WHo else? Bring back Carrey for the Riddler? :p Riddler was good in that movie, Carrey ruled. I loved his performance.

GAH, didn't this version of Twoface piss over the last TwoFace (i'm looking at you Tommy!)

Who is the next villian???

The bike and batcar R.I.P ruled in this movie.

9.5 out of f'n 10. Bravo!

My only gripe, they should have ditched Rachael and made a completely new character, i hated Holmes in the first, this new chick was hell of alot better,

but seriously they should have made rachael dissapear in the 2nd movie and created a new flame instead of bringing in a stand in character, although i am very

pleased they pissed off Holmes.

Also I loved how joker told two completely different stories about how he got his scars... man what a mind trip! I can't wait to see it again.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Read that...guess mom and sis must be his biggest critics. seriously, if it's true, I hope he gets a little justice, as Hollywood types always seem to slide right out of these situations without any repercussions. I hope it doesn't hurt the film, as it was excellent.

I didn't really care for any of the 80's and 90's Batman movies, esp Schumacher's neon, campy tragedies. Unlike most, i didn't care for Nicholson..while he played the "crazy" ok in some parts ( you are a vicious bastard, Anton, and I'm glad you're dead ), ultimately his performance felt like a performance to me. Furthermore, Jack's chubby and the prosthetics used to make his smile just looked terrible. Batman Returns' script was, to me, inappropriately ribald and inappropriate for a PG movie. Some of the lines, esp Penguin's, just made me cringe. I liked Pfeifer's take on Catwoman and her interaction with Keaton, but again, I think the script was the weakest part of what could have been a far better movie. However, I'm glad Tim Burton renewed the franchise with a darker take on the franchise, as all most kids my age knew of Batman was the ridiculously camp 60's series and the Superfriends, where he lost his utility belt in nearly every episode rendering him useless.

I hated Carrey's riddler...i don't even think they gave him a script, but gave him free reign to say or do whatever he felt like doing. Jones did a terrible Two-Face, seeming, to me, only to compete with Carrey for laughs. If not for the campy script and neon, I think Arnold could have played a better Freeze.

I'm glad the Nolans are helming the new darker, more realistic take on Batman. These are good movies, not just good superhero movies.

I hated Carrey's riddler...i don't even think they gave him a script, but gave him free reign to say or do whatever he felt like doing.

That's what almost every director does with Jim Carrey, which is unfortunate because Carrey is actually capable of good acting. He was great in Eternal Sunshine but I can't stand him in his 'wacky rubber-face' roles.

I'm glad the Nolans are helming the new darker, more realistic take on Batman. These are good movies, not just good superhero movies.

Needs repeating, and I hope the studios take note.

Nolan has said many times he has no interest in introducing Robin in his vision of Batman. Once he makes #3 and probably decides to retire from the franchise I can imagine that the studio will rehire Shumacher or someone equally horrible to take over.

Studio exec: Nolan, Batman #3 was great, after winning every Golden Globe, Oscar, and the Nobel Peace Prize and sinking Titanic's box office record, you just have to make a 4th one. But we want you to sex things up a little with the bat suit, I dunno, I guess you can't show any skin so maybe you can mold some anatomical detail right into the suit. Oh and Gotham is to dark at night. I can't see a thing, I want you to put neon lights up everywhere. Oh and we got a deal with Shia Labeouf to co-star in the next movie to play batman's spunky sidekick. Whats his name? Ummm Sparrow right?

Nolan: That would be Robin, sir.

Studio exec: Whatever, oh and we've fired Morgan Freeman and Micheal Cain, sheesh why are these guys so expensive? Its not like they're all that sexy or anything. Anyway, we couldn't afford them with all the new special effects we're going to be adding. After the space walk scene where batman saves the earth from a giant meteor. We blew 1/2 our budget, so all we could afford was Chris Tucker and William Austin.

Nolan: William Austin? didn't he play Alfred in the 60s batman series? But he's dead!

Studio exec: Yeah, we blew the other half of the FX budget trying to digitally recreate him.

Nolan: Wait wouldn't it have been cheaper to just rehire Morgan and Caine?!

Studio exec: I suppose, anyway, we've had some problems with getting him right, so until we get things perfected we've rented another digital actor to stand in for him. He's on loan from George Lucas.

Nolan: Oh god no... you don't mean. *enter jar jar*

Studio exec: well, whatcha think?

Nolan: *shoots self*

Studio exec: Oh well, I I think Micheal Bay is available, and he does have those transforming robots, maybe we could make the batmobile......

:lol::lol:

Scary thing is... wouldn't it be the height of irony if the entire superhero movie franchise gets killed yet again with another 4th movie in a batman franchise? talk about a case of deja vu...