Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone

UN Spacy

Well her mom ignored her to paper some doll then committed suicide, the one guy she liked was too much of a wuss to like her back properly, and she didn't have that 'special connection' shinji and Rei seemed to have between them. That's why Asuka's a 'raging batty' during the series- let alone the fact that she's only 16 and already with a sizeable ego.

IIRC, the first movie will take place during "Rei" of the series... which, I wonder, if it will focus on new characters and events in the background of the angel attack on the city or something. There is talk of a new character, and supposedly the NERV and SEELE logos are being retouched (a half-eaten apple and an apple with a serpant, respectively) depending on which revision of the Wikipedia article on it you see, anyway.

how many times has this damn series been released and released and released again?? Does anyone care anymore? Is it just so all the endless toy releases will be current?

It would almost be better if they just redid the entire series in an alt universe like Gundam does.

Whatever, I stopped caring after End Of Evangelion came out.l

If I was Kaji I would've done her...

Oh god..... she would've just SNAPPED because Kaji would've just dropped her like he did Risako. If that would've happened before the angel rape part... god knows what she would've done to Shinji to cover up her own issues. :o

But it really is a shame that they haven't stated that they are giving her, Asuka, movie time. And if it's Rei's part then it's gonna be fairly boring.

I'm just glad they're keeping the character designs, and hopefully not altering the mecha too much. There's no way they're dropping Asuka, she sells too well as Rei's counterpart. They'd probably drop Ritsuko before they'd drop Asuka.

I have mixed feelings on it. I like the idea better than ADV's live action concept. Still, I love Eva as it is. Though I suppose it will help feed Gainax's marketing of the show. All sorts of new properties can be created just from the new logos for NERV and Seele alone.

At least it'll be nice to see Gainax return to some of their old storytelling ways. Though how much more confusion this will create, I don't know. I never had a problem following Eva, and I watched it initially out of order. I liked both endings, though I prefer EoE. It's got the more uplifting message.

I'm just glad they're keeping the character designs, and hopefully not altering the mecha too much. There's no way they're dropping Asuka, she sells too well as Rei's counterpart. They'd probably drop Ritsuko before they'd drop Asuka.

I have mixed feelings on it. I like the idea better than ADV's live action concept. Still, I love Eva as it is. Though I suppose it will help feed Gainax's marketing of the show. All sorts of new properties can be created just from the new logos for NERV and Seele alone.

At least it'll be nice to see Gainax return to some of their old storytelling ways. Though how much more confusion this will create, I don't know. I never had a problem following Eva, and I watched it initially out of order. I liked both endings, though I prefer EoE. It's got the more uplifting message.

Well, the nice thing abut evangelion is that each of the main characters had a pretty unique view of the events.. their reasons for being there and for how and what they did were all pretty different. So as long as they keep true to the characters, Gainax can keep miliking this story until the *cough* real second coming.

I'm also in the camp that never had a problem with either the original ending or the EOE... and I think the T ending is merely what plays out in shinji's little head while the major drags his sorry comatose ass all over the base.

I'm also in the camp that never had a problem with either the original ending or the EOE... and I think the T ending is merely what plays out in shinji's little head while the major drags his sorry comatose ass all over the base.

Nice one. :lol:

I've heard of people trying to reconcile the two. It doesn't quite work though seeing as he accepts Instrumentality in one, and rejects it in another.

I agree on the POVs. If they explore it in greater detail, it should be excellent. Though I've heard many changes will be made.

The final outcome of Insturmentaility aside, that's about how I reconciled the different endings as well... and besides, Shinji's such a wreck for the ending that you could explain all of the TV ending as his mental fabrication without any bearings on what really happens, therefore allowing him to 'snap' back at the end of the TV series to when everyone applauds him just in time to switch over to his rejecting Insturmentality in the movie.

And that's what I'm sticking to :p

I don't know why, but I like the ambiguity of the TV series- it could go either way. EOE, rebuild, whatever- it's just open for one to think for himself (as Anno intended I suppose).

BTW, I don't think Gainax is doing this. Didn't Anno open up a completely new studio just for Eva:Rebuild?

Yes, but they're related to Gainax if memory serves. It's probably like when Disney releases something under the Touchstone label (or the Disney/Pixar relationship for that matter).

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Yes, but they're related to Gainax if memory serves. It's probably like when Disney releases something under the Touchstone label (or the Disney/Pixar relationship for that matter).

Let's not avoid the potential for it being a "Tatsunoko-Anime Friend" relationship... :wacko: ...'cause that's pretty much the way I'm feeling about this series being made.

Wow. And here I had the worry that they'd pull a Galactica on the Evangelion units...

Looks neat. The only differences I can see are that it's leaning forward more some and the green hip armor color.

However, it looks as if the new Logos are real. Saw it mentioned on Wiki, then dissapeared... but it looks like it is really true.

Thanks for posting!

So they are going 3D with the EVA's huh....

I gotta say the new changes are lacking in consistency. The EVA's have a lowered amount of detail yet the new symbols have a higher and busier detail level. None of the changes, from what I see in the image, are really worth the time & money involved. <_<

I'm not liking the new logos that much at all. Not because they're 'different', but from a graphic design aspect they are just too busy. And SEELE's is just silly and obvious. Of course the American Medical Association logo has a snake wrapped around it as well.... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious, and not trying to start a flame war.

What's the current view with these new movies coming out? What's the general consensus among North American anime fans and Japanese fans? Is Anno raping some childhoods? Is this being looked upon as some sort of blasphemy? Or are most people looking forward to this like most people here are looking forward to the new Macross series?

I myself am not a fan of the franchise per se, but would check this out as I did like some of the concepts from the original TV show, and am interested in how some of these concepts will be reinterpreted for these movies.

P.S. My 200th post after almost 4 years of membership :D (I'm more of a lurker, less of a poster).

Edited by The Shade

I think its way too early to tell where this is going to go. As a fan of Eva I'll check it out but I am not going to jump on any bandwagons of either total support or total flame of it.

On the other hand regardless of how bad or good these next 4 movies are I highly doubt it will change my overall view on Eva. If they are really bad I'll pretty much ignore them, if they are really good then it should let me enjoy the series even more.

Pretty simple actually.

Rob :ph34r:

After reading some production staff interviews, I'm very excited about the new movies. Considering this is going to be an all new take, there's nothing to step on the original version should certain fans choose to stick strictly with that.

I like Gainax, I tend to enjoy even their average works (melody of oblivion, this ugly yet beautiful world), and see no reason not to look forward to this.