Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone

UN Spacy

THe reviews are kinda negative....its like nothing new and its just the 1st few episodes condensed to fit into movie format. It is said a new character will appear next movie and it will diverge alot from the anime.

I choose to believe the 2nd review..ha..ha....

Actually, that might not be a bad thing. I really liked the Death & Rebirth because I wanted to enjoy the TV content in a movie format. It is really no surprise that it has nothing new, just give us awesome visual and sound that the TV didn't get a chance to do so.

THe reviews are kinda negative....its like nothing new and its just the 1st few episodes condensed to fit into movie format. It is said a new character will appear next movie and it will diverge alot from the anime.
Edited by Mowe

OMFG

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...d-evas-new-girl

The first of the four Evangelion movie remakes, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, opened Saturday, and it featured a "next episode preview" for the 2008 sequel with more redesigned EVA units and a previously unanimated female character. Specifically, the first EVA units will have a new backpack attachment for an aerial drop sequence (analogous to the scene in episode 9 of the series), the EVA-04 unit is hinted to appear for the first time in animation, a new mono-eyed EVA-05 design will appear, and the EVA-06 will feature a completely new design as well. The new character is an eyeglasses-wearing, brunette girl. The preview's narrator, Kotono Mitsuishi as the character Misato Katsuragi, promised more fan "service-service" in the second movie. (Evangelion: 1.0 had partial nudity.)

The Evangelion: 1.0 movie played to standing-room-only audiences in Tokyo-area theaters from morning to evening. The movie's pamphlet included a notice that Studio Khara (director Hideaki Anno's new company whose first work is this movie) is "accepting applications for staffers" to work on the second movie. A full review of Evangelion: 1.0 will be posted.

WTF..... some new mono-eyed gundams ala EVA00 and what nots....omg...is Gainax going to shove more merchandise down our throats?

And the new girl....previously unanimated....what does that mean? Can it be Mana from Girlfriend of Steel? Hmmmm.

Eva is more guilty of marketting than anything else how? I trust Anno & Gaiax, they hasn't let me down yet (Melody of Oblivion wasn't that great, but still enjoyable). Besides, they freakn' created Gunbuster!

Edited by Keith

This might actually be a good thing. I didn't care for the NGE series myself, but I'm kinda interested in giving it another shot condensed down into 4 films. I might get a lot more out of it without all the filler of the series. I'm also eager to see the mecha in new animation, since I've always admired the EVA mecha designs in spite of my dislike for the series. The reviews actually mean very little to a viewer like myself, so I'm not worried.

Eva is more guilty of marketting than anything else how? I trust Anno & Gaiax, they hasn't let me down yet (Melody of Oblivion wasn't that great, but still enjoyable). Besides, they freakn' created Gunbuster!

Don't worry about it. People who hate eva are just as rabid as the die hard eva fans. I'm sure their pet favorite anime has just as much merchandising crap as eva, but they don't mind since it's their precious.

I trust Anno & Gaiax, they hasn't let me down yet (Melody of Oblivion wasn't that great, but still enjoyable). Besides, they freakn' created Gunbuster!

Melody of oblivion remains in oblivion....nobody seems to know about it. :lol: And don't forget that gawd awful Mahoro-clone, Ugly and Beautiful World.

If they have Mana in the movie, I wonder if the Trident will also make it...

http://www.romansland.de/dropbox/trident.jpg

That looks awesome....was that from the game?

Over-marketting is more like it. I dislike what they're doing now because there was simply no need for it beyond creating new and profitable marketing opportunities.

Don't worry about it. People who hate eva are just as rabid as the die hard eva fans. I'm sure their pet favorite anime has just as much merchandising crap as eva, but they don't mind since it's their precious.

Actually, I rather like Evangelion. I own the series on DVD, have several of the model kits, toys, manga issues (translated and non).

Eva hasn't even remotely touched upon the marketting & re-re-imagining that series like Tenchi have. Not to mention the uber-franchise that is Gundam.

Forget that... go to live action and we've got Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the Super Sentai series... those are the ultimate in Japanese shows for marketing toys to the kiddies... reboot the series every year.

Gundam would be about the same only with a slightly older target base.

I like Ultraman though.

OMFG

The first of the four Evangelion movie remakes, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, opened Saturday, and it featured a "next episode preview" for the 2008 sequel with more redesigned EVA units and a previously unanimated female character. Specifically, the first EVA units will have a new backpack attachment for an aerial drop sequence (analogous to the scene in episode 9 of the series), the EVA-04 unit is hinted to appear for the first time in animation, a new mono-eyed EVA-05 design will appear, and the EVA-06 will feature a completely new design as well. The new character is an eyeglasses-wearing, brunette girl. The preview's narrator, Kotono Mitsuishi as the character Misato Katsuragi, promised more fan "service-service" in the second movie. (Evangelion: 1.0 had partial nudity.)

The Evangelion: 1.0 movie played to standing-room-only audiences in Tokyo-area theaters from morning to evening. The movie's pamphlet included a notice that Studio Khara (director Hideaki Anno's new company whose first work is this movie) is "accepting applications for staffers" to work on the second movie. A full review of Evangelion: 1.0 will be posted.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...d-evas-new-girl

WTF..... some new mono-eyed gundams ala EVA00 and what nots....omg...is Gainax going to shove more merchandise down our throats?

And the new girl....previously unanimated....what does that mean? Can it be Mana from Girlfriend of Steel? Hmmmm.

Mana does have red hair, but not glasses.

And seeing Trident would rock. Much better than the JetAlone prototype (then again, seeing JA' animated would also be cool.)

Hearing about the "new" Evas 4-6 makes me think that in this continuity of events, the MP series was not put into production and units 6, 7, and 8 became actual eva units instead of being scrapped for spare parts to send to the primary 3.

So, without the MP evas, this means SEELE's plan for the third impact won't rely on them, and might be orchistrated in another way. That, or Asuka won't have very serious opposition when the world ends.

Interesting about the one eyed EVA05. I think during the preliminary stage of the TV series proposal, there was a very detailed depiction of an one-eyed EVA (which I am sure is where EVA-05 took clues from).

Is cool that we are seeing more EVA designs but I hope there is a good reason for the introduction of another one-eyed eva because I am pretty sure each Eva has an unique special feature that makes reference to a specific biblical demon or angel (I don't know the specific reference, but Eva00 was supposed to be a reference to a biblical one eyed demon, Eva01 to an uni-horn demon, Eva02 to a four eyed demon, Eva03 appearance has something to do with the angel of mist "Bardiel"). So having another one eyed Eva kind of take something away from Eva00.

Anyhow, I am interested to see what Eva04 looks like, it better to be silver, or I'll ask money back from Bandai for my Eva04.

eva.jpg

Edited by Mowe

I recall reading that the Eva series were based on the four horsemen of the apocalypse... or something like that.

yeah, there are a ton of theories on what eva is supposed to be based on, or be an allegory of. My personal favorite is that humanity is supposed to represent WWII japan and the Angels are supposed to be the united states.

The series is a melange of everything, so I wouldn't try to distill the series down to a single source for homage or reference. You have combinations of both eastern and western religious, political, scientific and literary influences throughout. Almost like a Cowboy Bebop medley, but less focused.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Shinji dies in movie 2, and the series moves on without him. :) Fat chance of that happening though.

I am very curious about the upcoming eva movies.

And Hikari becomes EVA-01's new pilot with 100% syncro rate! B))