Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone

UN Spacy

Interesting about the one eyed EVA05. I think during the preliminary stage of the TV series proposal, there was a very detailed depiction of an one-eyed EVA (which I am sure is where EVA-05 took clues from).

Is cool that we are seeing more EVA designs but I hope there is a good reason for the introduction of another one-eyed eva because I am pretty sure each Eva has an unique special feature that makes reference to a specific biblical demon or angel (I don't know the specific reference, but Eva00 was supposed to be a reference to a biblical one eyed demon, Eva01 to an uni-horn demon, Eva02 to a four eyed demon, Eva03 appearance has something to do with the angel of mist "Bardiel"). So having another one eyed Eva kind of take something away from Eva00.

Anyhow, I am interested to see what Eva04 looks like, it better to be silver, or I'll ask money back from Bandai for my Eva04.

eva.jpg

Is that a new angel?

Edited by Swoosh

Its a concept art of one that never got animated.

I think it was actually the result of a contest, where fans designed an Angel, and the art-department of the Eva series would produce a cell/quality artwork of the winning concept.

This was the winner.

Not a legitimate concept that didn't get animated.

All I want to know is if Pen Pen gets a more prominant role in these new movies. Maybe they could try him out as a pilot. He might work really well submerged in LCL being a penguin and all. Of course he'd probably just go off and use the EVA to exact revenge on some killer whales and walruses.

I think it was actually the result of a contest, where fans designed an Angel, and the art-department of the Eva series would produce a cell/quality artwork of the winning concept.

This was the winner.

Any source?

I could've sworn I saw it in either one of Sadamoto's artbooks (definately not Der Mond cuz I have that) or the Evangelion Design Works book.

Pen-pen will be the new dummy plug system. All the rage and raw power of an angry penguin. :lol: Watch as eva-01 waddles around, then hops towards an angel, before ramming it and pecking it with its head horn, as it flaps its arms uselessly.

The pic was from NGE Die Sterne Art Book. It was drawn by 吉成曜 and it's first appearance was on Animage March Issue 1996.

Not sure if 吉成曜 designed this but he is indeed one of the mecha director for the Eva movies, just check out his impressive records here at Wiki http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%90%89%E6%88%90%E6%9B%9C

This was the winner.

Edited by Mowe

I missed Pen-Pen, we had no idea what happened to him during the Instrumentality Project. I hate to imagined his head popped like the others... :lol:

Pen-pen will be the new dummy plug system. All the rage and raw power of an angry penguin. :lol: Watch as eva-01 waddles around, then hops towards an angel, before ramming it and pecking it with its head horn, as it flaps its arms uselessly.

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought Shingi was Nadia's younger sister...post-3608-1189912642.gif

Ibuki looks cute even if she had a snip....post-3608-1189912606.gif...so does she still like women....post-3608-1189913756.gif

Great find.

Edited by Mowe

I am not sure what to say except I was down on my knees with tears when I saw Unit-02 in G string....post-3608-1190898662.gif

BTY, I think I saw Unit-00 used the F-word towards the end...

Edited by Mowe

I am not sure what to say except I was down on my knees with tears when I saw Unit-02 in G string....post-3608-1190898662.gif

BTY, I think I saw Unit-00 used the F-word towards the end...

Sooo, manly chests with flat diamond shaped colour marks = boobs

Now I know,

And knowing is half the battle (the rest consists of slapping butts).

• 3 weeks later...
The video was taken down before i got to see it. :( Whats Eva-02 look like guys??? :D :D :D :D

Words cannot describe its "beauty". It looks like it's back again... you have a second chance to burn your eyes.

Back on topic:

SPEC Eva-00 photo review:

http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/goukin/gouki/spec/spec02/spec02.html

The shield looks stunning, I'll get the spec just for that reeason alone, but I wish Bandai could have sculpt the armor with a bit more muscle definition (like they did with the original SOC).

Actually, while on the topic of the shield, does that mean the movie plot has changed slightly to accommodate the new shield design? The original shield (TV version) was a modification of the space shuttle. The new shield looks very purpose made. Can't work that bit out.

post-3608-1192325067.gif

Edited by Mowe

Actually, while on the topic of the shield, does that mean the movie plot has changed slightly to accommodate the new shield design?

It isn't really much of a plot element at all. The shield's origin hardly played into the story at all.

They may have had to change 2 lines of dialog...I imagine far more significant plot alterations will be found in these new movies.

Words cannot describe its "beauty". It looks like it's back again... you have a second chance to burn your eyes.

Back on topic:

SPEC Eva-00 photo review:

http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/goukin/gouki/spec/spec02/spec02.html

Cool! I'm off to see the wizard! The...

Edit!

Liar! It's down, can anyone post a link and not tease me to death please? >_<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Humm, I think the problem must be at your end. I just played it and nothing is wrong. Can you normally watch youtube??

Cool! I'm off to see the wizard! The...

Edit!

Liar! It's down, can anyone post a link and not tease me to death please? >_<

I find that the new shield and the new cannon look... too much super duper robot. The original ones looked more like unrefined prototype experiments; very difficult to construct at that size.

But I must say the shield that comes with the SPEC 00 is stunning :ph34r:

*edit*

WTF! 1000 yen more expensive than the 01 movie SPEC?? And this one has even less weapons and doesn't come with three shoulderpads... for the price of this SPEC I can get both the 01 and 00 HCM-pro's that are loaded with extra stuff:

http://momoja.blog61.fc2.com/blog-entry-345.html

http://momoja.blog61.fc2.com/blog-entry-363.html

Edited by Twoducks

Agreed with you about the new shield. While the new shield looks fantastic, I really liked the original space shuttle shield because it adds realism to the whole Eva world and it was a god damn clever idea: Ristko improvised with the limited time to come up with a defense strategy to shield Unit 001. I hope they have a clever reason for redesigning the shield - anyone knows the meaning of "Enchanted Shield of Virtue" - is it another bible thingie???.

Also, I am disappointed that the Spec didn't have more accessories. The evas are renounced for their numerous weapons. My only hope is the Spec will continue with the remaining Evas, so we see more different weapons.

I don't think I will get the HCM but I have to say, I love the launch pad and the AT Field.

I find that the new shield and the new cannon look... too much super duper robot. The original ones looked more like unrefined prototype experiments; very difficult to construct at that size.

WTF! 1000 yen more expensive than the 01 movie SPEC?? And this one has even less weapons and doesn't come with three shoulderpads... for the price of this SPEC I can get both the 01 and 00 HCM-pro's that are loaded with extra stuff:

Edited by Mowe

It says it is a copywrite violation, f's me whats wrong. I pressed the link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5B2HYvtz1Q

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by 株式会社カラー

We are not talking about this WWF crap are we? I still haven't bothered to watch it yet coz i'm trying to view teaser movie 2!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just a thought, will they make a movie 400% syc berserk version? The original 400% Spec's price is ridiculous right now (like $80USD).

Edited by Mowe