Yamato VF-0A/S Replacement Parts

kensei

I lined mine up as straight as possible and just popped them on. The other major problem with yamato gluing the 0s replacement shoulder together is not being able to check the o-ring in the bicep swivel. As I said in my review, there's a good chance that they left a lot of flashing on it and the extra material is going to stress that joint.

When I received my 4 sets of VF-0S and 4 sets VF-0A of replacement arms, they came complete with the shoulder ball joint and the hinged piece that screws onto the backplate, so no need to pop the new arms onto the old ball joint.

It sounds like from your post that your replacements didn't come with the shoulder ball joint and hinged piece?

Graham

That's correct Graham. both sets of 0s arms came with the shoulder halves glued together and pre-assembled. The 0a shoulders halves were not glued together but still pre-assembled. Neither type came with the male shoulder section.

You should also mention to Yamato that there was quite a bit of excess flashing on the bicep gasket that required me to clean up with an x acto knife on the 0a shoulders. I'm sure there's the same problem on 0s shoulders, but since the factory workers glued everything together, I don't want to try to force it apart since that bicep swivel is delicate enough as it is.

When I received my 4 sets of VF-0S and 4 sets VF-0A of replacement arms, they came complete with the shoulder ball joint and the hinged piece that screws onto the backplate, so no need to pop the new arms onto the old ball joint.

It sounds like from your post that your replacements didn't come with the shoulder ball joint and hinged piece?

Graham

Yes, like Eugimon posted, I received 4 sets that were just arms (no ball joints) from HLJ.

Angel

Got my Shin type today, and its in perfect condition. Ive so far transformed ittwice. U just be gentle when unliocking or locking the shoulders and I think u are fine.

Great toy too. I like the ghost more than i expected too. I may have to grab the stand alone version...

for your <_< i'll give you a :rolleyes:

i'm not talking about graham, get over yourself.

Well that post was ambiguous. Given your past history with people too, I will forgive me for jumping to conclusions. :p

I'm going to choose to assume DnD was talking about Yamato and not Graham. Blaming Graham for this is just silly and accusing him of outright lying to us smacks of BoB.

I don't know what brought this on, but never in all my complaints have I directed any of Yamato's faults on Graham. Sure he did on some occasion downplay certain problems, but that's obvious for all to see - and yet, I didn't disrespect him for it.

Ya know, it's alright if you have difficulty understanding my posts. But if you're going to a bad job at lying to people when I'm not around, I think it's more rewarding that you go fvck yourself - You do spend more time scoring post counts than actually playing with your Yamatos anyway. ^_^

Shin has made 2 more transformations without so much as a single stretch mark.

Im calling mine to be ok.

Don't make the 3rd transformation... Don't do this... The toy is programmed to start the shoulder's "self destruction" at the 3rd transformations.. It is written in japanese on the transformation manual... :lol:

I don't know what brought this on, but never in all my complaints have I directed any of Yamato's faults on Graham. Sure he did on some occasion downplay certain problems, but that's obvious for all to see - and yet, I didn't disrespect him for it.

Ya know, it's alright if you have difficulty understanding my posts. But if you're going to a bad job at lying to people when I'm not around, I think it's more rewarding that you go fvck yourself - You do spend more time scoring post counts than actually playing with your Yamatos anyway. ^_^

ah, sorry man, you're right. It's DnD who's made thinly veiled accusations against graham. you just call people idiots and fools. My bad. In my defense, given how rhetoical and caustic your comments are, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

For the SV-51, wait and see how things turn out. The SV-51 could turn out like the YF-19 and have minimal problems.

:lol: I just realized I never put the pitot tube on my VF-0A because I didn't want to lose it. I forgot that it had one. While I did leave my VF-0A in fighter most of the time, it's sad to not be able to transform it and be able to pose it. And I don't want to pay 1/3 the price of a whole valkyrie for replacement arms.

No offense, but I'm sure not putting out the money for the cost of a transformable toy just to leave the thing in fighter mode.

I guess I'll keep reading and waiting. Money will go towards the YF-19 for now.

None taken, I've got a CF VF-0A in battroid mode and a VF-0S in gerwalk mode. I don't collect these toys to play with them anyway, they're just for display. And just in case you're wondering, I don't collect models because I don't have the skills nore the patience to build them. :(

PS. ...and I don't have the money to pay someone to build them for me either.

Transformed again last night to robot, and then back to fighter (I DO Play with my toys!) and its still in great shape. I confess i check the shoulders everytime i transform, because Im paranoid.

In a semi related note, transforming to battroid and then putting the ghost pack on is more difficult than I anticipated...and i dont think it looks all that good...

None taken, I've got a CF VF-0A in battroid mode and a VF-0S in gerwalk mode. I don't collect these toys to play with them anyway, they're just for display. And just in case you're wondering, I don't collect models because I don't have the skills nore the patience to build them. :(

PS. ...and I don't have the money to pay someone to build them for me either.

Yeah, I'm only a casual collector when it comes to toys. VERY casual. I own less than a dozen all things told. I've only got two Yammies (VF-1J and VF-1S) plus an assortment of other stuff like the Aoshima Dropship, an MG Gundam, some Clone Troopers, et cetera. And I like to keep my collection that way; small and worthwhile to me. So if I'm going to purchase something, it's usually just a single item.

Transformed again last night to robot, and then back to fighter (I DO Play with my toys!) and its still in great shape. I confess i check the shoulders everytime i transform, because Im paranoid.

In a semi related note, transforming to battroid and then putting the ghost pack on is more difficult than I anticipated...and i dont think it looks all that good...

Well, this is good news. Hopefully we can get a few other positive confirmations.

yeah, I hope so too. I'll have to wait for at least 6 months though before I'll trust the new shoulders. If they're still holding up, then I'll be happy to pick up repaints or 0D or whatever variant yamato has in store.

I might pick one up while on holiday in korea though, just because I really do like the overall design of the VF-0 series.

An annoying thing with the VF-0 which Yamato will not be able to fix due to a design issue is that if you leave the VF-0 in battroid mode for some time and then decide to transform it back to fighter, the arm will no longer sit flush with the legs and will be hanging down and causing the gunpod to touch the ground. This is so as the attachment of the shoulders if left in battroid mode too long will bend due to the the way it transforms.