Yamato VF-0A/S Replacement Parts

kensei

it will? Thats a new one....

I wouldn't think it would... the piece of plastic that connects the shoulder mount to the body has a great deal of wiggle room where it actually connects to the body so even if there were some minor bending of the plastic, that joint should be able to accomodate the curvature and still allow the arms to sit flush in fighter.

Usually the only time I see the arms hanging low in fighter mode is when the shoulder mounts aren't tucked away on top of the swing bar, but sit underneath the bar, causing the arms to sit low in fighter mode.

Out of the various problems with the VF-0 design, imo, low hanging arms in fighter mode is not one of them.

Edited by eugimon

Hopefully the new Fokker will be solid so I can finally get it. I have been itching to get a VF-0 for a while and came close on Shin but all these problems made me wait.

I hope so too .... since I've yet to buy a VF-0 either. Been waiting to hear about the QC on recent releases ....

:ph34r:

I wouldn't think it would... the piece of plastic that connects the shoulder mount to the body has a great deal of wiggle room where it actually connects to the body so even if there were some minor bending of the plastic, that joint should be able to accomodate the curvature and still allow the arms to sit flush in fighter.

Usually the only time I see the arms hanging low in fighter mode is when the shoulder mounts aren't tucked away on top of the swing bar, but sit underneath the bar, causing the arms to sit low in fighter mode.

Out of the various problems with the VF-0 design, imo, low hanging arms in fighter mode is not one of them.

Will have a look at it again when I get back home. I did notice the plastic was bend but that becos I left it in Battroid mode for like months. I think overtime if the plastic is bend too much it will get harder to tuck into the swingbar. I remember mine was pretty high above the swing bar when the arms folded in.

I think I'll take a look at my VF-0's as well when I get home. I noticed the low hanging arms in figther mode too once, just don't remember which V-0 it was.

ah, sorry man, you're right. It's DnD who's made thinly veiled accusations against graham. you just call people idiots and fools. My bad. In my defense, given how rhetoical and caustic your comments are, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Rhetorical my arse. You may have been around the forums but there is a massive doubt that you understand what's going on despite getting reamed nicely yourself by Yamato. With customers like you, you may continue to HOPE for an acceptable conclusion to this issue. But you won't get it. My caustic comments are for Yamato and in general, for people like you - paying good money and getting crap, you still see sense in defending and supporting a company that pays no reverence to its business and customers everytime. I don't just paint everyone here as idiots and fools, just people like you. Enjoy your rides.

Rhetorical my arse. You may have been around the forums but there is a massive doubt that you understand what's going on despite getting reamed nicely yourself by Yamato. With customers like you, you may continue to HOPE for an acceptable conclusion to this issue. But you won't get it. My caustic comments are for Yamato and in general, for people like you - paying good money and getting crap, you still see sense in defending and supporting a company that pays no reverence to its business and customers everytime. I don't just paint everyone here as idiots and fools, just people like you. Enjoy your rides.

i paid good money again, and the shin 0A is fine. 6 Transforms now.

Am i an idiot for getting a toy Im happy with?

This pic shows pretty well how the shoulder pieces need to fit next to the notches in the swingbar. I haven't noticed any droopy arms in fighter mode either.

post-3171-1187966889_thumb.jpg

thanks, I rest my case.

Arguements aside, I do really appreciate all of your posts. I want to be well informed if I decide to Purchase the VF-0A Shin. I don't want any shoulder issues. I'm glad you guys are helping me out. And those with dissenting opinions have a right to be concerned. The VF-0 has been out for a long time and I've steered clear all this time. I won't buy one until I'm sure the product is worthwhile. If Yamato continues to produce a lousy VF-0, that's their problem. I won't make it mine, no matter how much I want one. And I do want one...real bad, but it has to work. The VF-0 is one of the best, most accurate anime-to-product transformables in the entire franchise, IMO. I'd love to own one.

Edited by Mr March

Transformed again last night to robot, and then back to fighter (I DO Play with my toys!) and its still in great shape. I confess i check the shoulders everytime i transform, because Im paranoid.

In a semi related note, transforming to battroid and then putting the ghost pack on is more difficult than I anticipated...and i dont think it looks all that good...

Yups i agree with you on that, i too check the shoulders after transformation, damn u yamato for making me paranoid over a toy.

Ghost on the VF-0A/S in battroid mode doesnt look as nice as when displayed on the fighter, i feel battroid mode only looks good on its own without any attachements. The same cant be applied with DYRL and M+ mechs, they both look much more cooler and menacing with their Fps.

You would have AT LEAST 1 first issue of both VF0S & A with those fvcked-up arms. And the replacements that you got aren't fixed. You do the math.

of 5 VF-0's i have 2 that had cracks. One I just leave as is, and the other was very minor stress mark, i strengthened with some glue, and now its fine. so I have 4 0'S that I can transform when i want too. 4 from 5, and thats gettign them from different retailers.

i dont deny the 0A was a mess witht eh arm problems; 90% of people who we know of who got em had some kind of fault with it. But from everything i can see here the Shin seems to be fine. Not so much as a white line. Now i know Mowes broke, but then it soulds like his was a faulty one from the get go, and ive had that happen with toys, so I know it can occour, and not just with Yamato. but other than Mowe, I cant remember anyone having an issue with Shin. i may be wrong, and mayeb Im just the fluke that has a working toy, but it seems they have solved the problem.

Now assuming they have, why are u still complaining? Ok, yes in the past one the VF-0A especially they screwed up big time. the charging for replacement arms is a joke, and Sam Monkey got told to get ne arms he'd have to get new entire Zeroes, which is even more insane. Im not saying that Yamato are heavenly angels. But im also not goign to crucify them over one bad design that, from my POV, they have fixed in later releases anyway. And i have ALOT of Yamatos under my belt (Not as many as kensei, but stilll...).

iots why the people who bring up the problems with the 0's in every thread on every board every chance they get really annoy me. THEY BROKE! WE KNOW! Let's move on, shall we?

iots why the people who bring up the problems with the 0's in every thread on every board every chance they get really annoy me. THEY BROKE! WE KNOW! Let's move on, shall we?

If moving on as in like going around in a wheelchair, I guess I can agree with you.

There are however, many collectors who still have plenty of broken Yamatos sitting around. Most of these collectors have limited budget for expensive toys like these. Even if it's not due to limited budget people just don't want to pay money and get problems like Mr March. It's fine if they don't hit any landmines, but if they did, how do they move on? Pay thru their arse and be magnanimous like you, eugimon or kensei? The problems remain unresolved. There is NO compensation. We MOVE from unresolved problems to new ones.

the problem remains unsolved yes. the shoulders broke. There are no free replacements. That sucks, it truly does, i dont disagree. And hey look; heres a thread for it!

Why must it come up in EVERY thread? And Why must it be re-brought up when a new toy is coming.

"YF-21 is on the way!"

"I'll buy it, but the VF-0A shoulders breaking sure sucks"

"I hope the blue colour on the 21 is the right one..."

"I'll buy it, but the VF-0A shoulders breaking sure sucks"

And on, and on...

Hell, Graham started a thread about new paint schemes, and 10 posts in:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=508243

WE KNOW! Can't we talk about ANYTHING here without briniging it up??

I'll agree bringing up the shoulders in non vf-0 threads is annoying. But as for any other vf-0 thread... i think it's still fair game to bring it up. IMO, asking about repaints, or new designs or anything else, without having fully resolved if the current shin combo has the new shoulders and why we were charged for replacement shoulders is fair game. As long as yamato is selling these toys and not answering those questions, why should any discussion about these particular toys go unchallenged?

they arent being challenged. Emailing them unil they answer is challenging them. posting letters of complaint, or complaining to the etailer u bought from until they bug yamato about it is challenging them. bringing it up in every thread here is just dragging the same thing up again with no result other than people going "Yep, thats still annoying."

I'm all for challenging yamato. Lets do it, lets come up with soemthing. if the people going "U bought yamato again, wow, you're dumb" want to shift that helpfulness over to coming up with some way to ACTUALLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM, i'll hop right on board to assist!

I'll agree that it does little to directly resolve the situation... but I suspect that many people here speak and write very little japanese so they feel quite powerless in their ability to converse directly with yamato. Further, Graham's reports from his conversations with yamato make them seem rather secretive and not very forth-coming with information.

I'm assuming that a lot of people feel like whining on these forums is the only way that they can indirectly affect yamato, primarily by warning potential consumers of the risks associated with this item and maybe even in hopes that someone from yamato actually reads these posts and will see that there are still people not happy with the situation or with their solution to it.

But I agree with you, maybe we can enlist the aid of someone with proficiency in japanese to contact yamato on our behalf directly to answer our questions?

And I don't believe i've every called someone names or insulted them for buying yamato... but maybe that last part wasn't directed at me?

None of it is directed at any single person.

but yeah, finding a Japanese speaker to help isnt a bad idea. graham is great and all, and i know he has relayed concerns over, but I reckon goping through etailers is the best call. If the stocks of 0's pile up and they wonder why, u can write and say 'Wont buy zeros till Yamato proves the shoulders are fixed".

The thing is they must be selling, bcause they have done 5 releases now, if u include the 2nd version of the 0S and the upcoming 0S ghost

yeah, they are selling, but from what I've been told, the shin combo took a while to sell through. But then, it's hard to say with these toys since they're made in relatively small numbers anyways. Just because the vf-0 sells out, may not mean that much if not a lot were made in the first place.

well, I transformed my vf-0a, and it's been in battroid mode for about about 6 months now (minus a week or two in fighter mode for moving purposes) and the arms tucked away just on mine.

Just tried transforming it back to fighter mode, and yup the arms tuck nicely. Quite a tight fit to get it in. Afraid I would damage the shoulders due to the shoulder problems.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Has anyone tried to cast the shoulders in metal yet? It's been a few years since I worked with casting metal but I did work with someone who made really small metal products for their jewelry. They used the sand casting method which most people know. I don't have a VF-0 yet(which is killing me) so I am not sure exactly how the parts look. Pictures abound it doesn't look too hard to cast the two pieces using certain metals. Building a crucible is easy for small projects.

ah, sorry man, you're right. It's DnD who's made thinly veiled accusations against graham.

sorry to bring this up but thinly veiled accusations?

you gotta love the complete lack of communication and details since they first release of this POS toy.

how about you try feeding us some more lies. i'm almost ready to believe you now. :rolleyes:

does "they" = graham?

"us" = MW'ers which includes graham.

when "they" equals graham and when "us" excludes the owner of the site, then you can accuse me of something.

til then please don't make assumptions about my posts(especially when i posted it wasn't directed at graham right below your post) and please don't drag me into your arguements, i don't appreciate it.

if you got a problem with BoB, keep it with Bob, but i've never had a problem with you whatsoever and vise versa.

thanks.

there seems to be a thrity percent failure rate on the shin combo arms.

30 % is less than the rate for the VF-0S...... I think it's probably 95 % failure rate on the VF-0S..

I really hope Yamato will do something about that... I don't take the SV-51 because I'm affraid about the stress mark on new Yam's toys......

I will wait 6 month and check all the reports of buyers of SV-51.. I know Yamato is unreliable now for the new toys..

I detected a new stress mark on the neck of my 1st YF-19 Yesterday ( located on the neck separate line not under the cockpit ).... :angry: But I don't transform it since 2 month... So I don't understand.... But my 2nd YF-19 looks well :wacko:

well, we don't really know how long it was before we had so many os arms fail... so who knows, maybe it holds at 30% maybe in 6 months, we'll have 90% failure.

then again, with so few people actually bothering to describe the break, maybe people are just reporting stress marks as a "break" in the poll and the results are totally off.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my hands on a VF-0a a few days ago, and the left shoulder has a small crack. The right elbow is busted with pieces broken on both on the upper arm and lower. it holds together ok with the forearm cover screwed on, but its a bit gimpy. Is Yamato doing anything about the broken parts? Or are any forum members recasting in high strength resin?

I got my hands on a VF-0a a few days ago, and the left shoulder has a small crack. The right elbow is busted with pieces broken on both on the upper arm and lower. it holds together ok with the forearm cover screwed on, but its a bit gimpy. Is Yamato doing anything about the broken parts? Or are any forum members recasting in high strength resin?

contact HLJ for replacement arms.