Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

all I really need to be satisfayed with the new macross proyect is this:

1. Good Story

2. Nice characters persona and design

3. Epic battles/War

3.1. A serious look at battle and death, no singing poo in a red indestructible valk

4. Love triangle with resolution with no character dying

5. I can deal with the music mystic as long as it doesn't go over the top like Zero

5.1. Avoid one of Zero's main flaws, an episode ends with a cliffhanger and in the next episode it's completely solved with a few words and not explain thoroughly

I don't think it's too much to ask, right?

PS. oh yes, a nice little bonus might be that the wars starts off by Basara getting murdered!! HELL YEAH!! HAHAHHAA!!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

1. Good Story - a no brainer

2. Nice characters persona and design - yup

3. Epic battles/War - Please do

3.1. A serious look at battle and death, no singing poo in a red indestructible valk - I don't know, I kinda like the battle where Basara and Gamlin tag team.

4. Love triangle with resolution with no character dying - one word "Threesome"

5. I can deal with the music mystic as long as it doesn't go over the top like Zero - Not so much mystical, but I can deal with telekinesis, ESP.

5.1. Avoid one of Zero's main flaws, an episode ends with a cliffhanger and in the next episode it's completely solved with a few words and not explain thoroughly

Edited by Eaglearcher

Have you ever heard of man named "George Lucas?" :lol:

But, OTHO, how about Gene Roddenberry, who was essentially thrown off the Star Trek franchise for a number of years (c. 1980-1987) after the quasi-failure of TMP by kicking him upstairs to a high producer position that held no real power? Those were the years that prodced TWOK, The Search for Spock and The Voyage Home, IMHO the finest entries in the entire franchise.

Edited by Pat Payne

HAMMER TIME

But this isn't the caption thread.. :D

Wether the story is going to be alright/decent/bad really depends on the director.

What's equally important is the premise, which is probably going to be Kawamori's main involvement, apart from mechadesigns.

In SDF it was aliens that had similar origins as man and thus were quite alike, symbolizing the relatively small differences that had to be overcome to stop the war, with music being a great tool to emotionally unite them.

M7 kinda went overboard with it, transforming it almost into a "Magical Girl" show.

Still, both series were geared toward teens, and that's likely to majorly influence new Macross as well.

I don't have any high hopes for the story being fully geared towards adults.

Those were the years that prodced TWOK, The Search for Spock and The Voyage Home, IMHO the finest entries in the entire franchise.

Yeah gritty but still holding true to the feel of the T.V series.

I also like The Undiscovered Country and First Contact. But I have all the movies though.

Kawamori Offical Website was opened.

IPB Image

http://www.satelight.co.jp/kawamori/

and here...

Kawamori take the new car power suit design of Japanese NISSAN.

http://www.satelight.co.jp/2007/05/dualis.html

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and....

The important message in here:

シリーズ25周年記念作å“『マクロスã€ãƒ†ãƒ¬ãƒ“シリーズ最新作を制作中。

We could confirm something about New Macross

1ã€TV version~~~

2ã€Kawamori is a principal in New Macross, maybe there is not Mikimoto.

3ã€New Macross is being produced by Satelight.

Edited by kresphy

I dunno, I've watched every episode of SDF Macross several times, and I can't recall a single instance of telekinesis or ESP.

True, but the story didn't have anything to do with direct contact with the technology or speculatively implied decendants of the PC.

It was about the Earth surviving a massive assault by the PC's army of giants.

Even with the bits of info from Mac 7 ( :rolleyes: ), the PC are still largely an enigmatic society, who's personal abilities are not really known.

So in an Scifi setting telekenisis, ESP, etc... are not nearly as far fetched since they are scientifically proven mental abilities.

Being able to block a buster cannon blast with a song is not! :p

Kawamori Offical Website was opened.

IPB Image

http://www.satelight.co.jp/kawamori/

and here...

Kawamori take the new car power suit design of Japanese NISSAN.

http://www.satelight.co.jp/2007/05/dualis.html

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and....

The important message in here:

シリーズ25周年記念作å“『マクロスã€ãƒ†ãƒ¬ãƒ“シリーズ最新作を制作中。

We could confirm something about New Macross

1ã€TV version~~~

2ã€Kawamori is a principal in New Macross, maybe there is not Mikimoto.

3ã€New Macross is being produced by Satelight.

That is shexy Miss Moneypenny... :p

IPB Image

neat design...but where would the passenger go?? haha...by the way, someone needs to seriously take that pink crayon away from Kawamori

so...no Mikimoto? he's the character designer, right? guess we'll be having flash animation then...bah

Edited by Valkyrie addict

So in an Scifi setting telekenisis, ESP, etc... are not nearly as far fetched since they are scientifically proven mental abilities.

Sauce ? :huh:

I think he meant "source?"

It`s highly debatable that TK and ESP are "scientifically proven"! :wacko:

The '19 is also in the Kawamori Design Works book. Pretty cut away.

Ah, I forgot I need to get that book. I only have the macross design works which isn't new enough to have any macross zero stuff in it.

That transforming car looks like a bubble gum crisis suit. Hehe. Or Aibo the robot dog got recyled and made into a transformer.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

True, but the story didn't have anything to do with direct contact with the technology or speculatively implied decendants of the PC.

It was about the Earth surviving a massive assault by the PC's army of giants.

Even with the bits of info from Mac 7 ( :rolleyes: ), the PC are still largely an enigmatic society, who's personal abilities are not really known.

Being able to block a buster cannon blast with a song is not! :p

I still say the episode where the Zentradi watch "Shao Pai Loon," & recognize Kaifun's "powers" as something familiar establishes ESP/etc.

And never is a buster cannon blast blocked by a song.

I still say the episode where the Zentradi watch "Shao Pai Loon," & recognize Kaifun's "powers" as something familiar establishes ESP/etc.

No, it establishes their ignorance of Earth entertainment (culture!), and its used against them.

No, it establishes their ignorance of Earth entertainment (culture!), and its used against them.

If their response was "oh sh!t, what the hell is that" I'd agree with you. But their reponse was "oh sh!t, they're doing some oldschool protoculture sh!t right there" which signifies a recognition of what was seen.

I think he meant "source?"

It`s highly debatable that TK and ESP are "scientifically proven"! :wacko:

OK, let me rephrase, "scientifically witnessed / researched phenomena". Proven was a poor choice of words.

If their response was "oh sh!t, what the hell is that" I'd agree with you. But their reponse was "oh sh!t, they're doing some oldschool protoculture sh!t right there" which signifies a recognition of what was seen.

Or maybe that's a retcon explanation that was not supported at the time of the original series or the movie?

Kaifun's SPFX powers in the movie "Shao Pai Loon", it was an "unkown" power to the Zents, not a recognized one.

If such was always intended, then why wasn't some mention of these super powers written into the script for DYRL or even hinted at? The explanation of why Minmei's song had such impact in DYRL was because of it ancient nature, not some rainbow colored super singing power... In SDFM her music was played out as more a subversive corruption of the culture devoid giants.

And never is a buster cannon blast blocked by a song.

But his powers are not "recognized", that's the point. Mental abilities were not present in either SDFM or DYRL (most likely to avoid being compared to Gundam).

Umm, yet it was, on one possibly two occasions in M7 against Grabil...

Edited by Zinjo

OK, let me rephrase, "scientifically witnessed / researched phenomena". Proven was a poor choice of words.

OK, then 'source'? :p

Because, AFAIK, telekinesis has always been proved to be fake and ESP is more related to pheromone communication than 'true" ESP... :)

QUOTE(Keith @ May 25 2007, 09:07 AM)

This is not necessarily the case. How many times have you seen someone see or experience something they know nothing of, and try to attach it to something they may be only fairly accustomed to, or may only have heard about? That's what I got from watching that scene in SDF Macross. They heard of PC, thought of it as this one true almighty power, and when they saw that movie, their first reaction was to judge it as the almighty power they were maybe told about.

Does anyone know about which phase of work they are on in regards to the new show?

OK, then 'source'? :p

Because, AFAIK, telekinesis has always been proved to be fake and ESP is more related to pheromone communication than 'true" ESP... :)

Depends which journals you subscribe to.

Psychokenesis is being studied put more along the lines of affecting the outcome of randomly generated results, such as dice, number generators, etc....

ESP is being studied as well.

Where many claims were proved to be fake, not all have been, hence the reason why it is under study by some and not dismissed outright, but all.

Does anyone know about which phase of work they are on in regards to the new show?

I`d like to know this too. They said they had recently chosen a voice actress for the famale lead? So in Japanese anime production are voices done before or after the animation as a rule? I have a feeling its after so the series would be in post production?

Last update:

May.27, 2007

4:16(Japan Standard Time)

The news from Fukuyama Official Website

http://www.fukuyama-yoshiki.net/News/archi...2007/05/25.html

The Macross 25th anniversary Live(concert)

Minmay meets FireBomber~~~

17:00

Tokyo Young Japanese Large Hall(æ±äº¬ 日本é’年館大ホール)

Basara(Fukuyama,ç¦å±± 芳樹), Mylene(Chie Kajiura,ãƒã‚¨ã‚«ã‚¸ã‚¦ãƒ©) and Minmay(Mari Iijima,飯島 真ç†)...

We are together~~~~

and...

The important message in here...

新作マクロスã®ãƒˆãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒ©ãƒ¼ä¸Šæ˜ ã€ãã—ã¦ãã®æ–°ä½œãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹ã®ãƒ’ロインã®åˆãŠæŠ«éœ²ç›®ã€‚

ã“ã®ãƒ©ã‚¤ãƒ–ã“ãã€ãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹ã®æ­´å²ã‚’塗り替ãˆã‚‹ï¼

In this Live...

The New Macross trailer will be released!!!

The New Macross Heroine!!!Debut!!!!

Now...

The New Macorss returns!!!

coooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^

Edited by kresphy