Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

Damn, you have been gone a long time. You made two posts in January this year, but haven't posted since spring last year. Welcome back!

I made two posts in January? :blink: I don't remember. And I'm about to be gone once more, this time for 4 months, by then I hope to see some kinda trailer for this new Macross that Graham speaks of which will not feature the VF-11, VF-19 and VF-22...damn 4 month deployment!! Blow up Kitty Hawk! :angry:

I hate new stuff...I getting real old school with my tastes, like music, and some anime, like Gundam SEED's garbage...I hope these knew VFs are not trash like everything that is not U.C. Gundam.

Thanks for the weclome back, I wasn't sure if my account was still open. :lol:

From what I understand, no 11, 19 or 21. All new stuff.

Graham

I don't mind either way.

My only regret is that most of it is a waste. The VF-9, VF-14 etc. deserve more than a game exposure. Perhaps they will return again to them.

My only regret is that most of it is a waste. The VF-9, VF-14 etc. deserve more than a game exposure. Perhaps they will return again to them.

Well....It could be the 2012-2030 time period because that doesn't have any 11, 19 or 21/22. Or it could be the 2050+ period, with no 11, 19, 21/22s. Or it could be set in an established time-period, but have a completely different focus and not have any of the VFs that we know about. :D

Well....It could be the 2012-2030 time period because that doesn't have any 11, 19 or 21/22. Or it could be the 2050+ period, with no 11, 19, 21/22s. Or it could be set in an established time-period, but have a completely different focus and not have any of the VFs that we know about. :D

I am expecting something in the 2060 - 2070 range considering that typically Macross jumps a couple of decades to feature new goodies, in keeping with the idea that old equipment needs to be replaced after a certain period of time.

2100's would be interesting but may be a bit too distant, unless they plan to get Miyataki to design a whole new generation of Capital ships like he did for the 2040's era.

Graham

Though I'm thrilled to see new VFs, I still would have loved it if the VF-11 had gotten more "hero" time on that new show. Oh well as long as the design is descent, I'll be happy.

It could easily take place on outer planets and colonies, or a distant fleet, using different valkyries in the post-SWI and pre-2040. I'm hoping for a good story, good music, and some badass dogfights. And badass enemies that reek of coolness like Miria did.

Graham

Oh, that could mean just about anything. Maybe mostly new stuff, maybe some VF-5000s, VF-9, VF-4, modified old stuff made new, or just fresh off the sketch pad.

Question is, when do we start seeing screenshots and concept art? B))

It could easily take place on outer planets and colonies, or a distant fleet, using different valkyries in the post-SWI and pre-2040. I'm hoping for a good story, good music, and some badass dogfights. And badass enemies that reek of coolness like Miria did.

I hope they move away from dragging out existing characters as well. too much baggage with previous characters, imo.

Oh GAWD NO, don't Dragon Ball Z anything in Macross. Just what we need.

Captain Ackahupikickick: Charge the Macross Cannon!

Bridge-bunny-boy: Aye Captain!

*nyu-nyu-nyu-nyu* (cannon charging up)

Pilot-of-suped-up-valkyrie-bulky-as-hell-covered-in-weapons: NO WAY! I will charge and shoot my valk-buster before you can blow your load at me!

*waga-waga-waga-waga* (buster charging up)

-spend the next thirty episodes on this scene-

(insert pointless retarded dialogue about power levels rising, pissing match about the power of their weapons, oh noes they'll destroy half the galaxy, all while cutting to equally pointless scenes of dialogue in stand-off situations)

And as eugimon said, they already have valkyries take on impossible odds. All I have to point out is Operation Stargazer, impossible odds, and Max achieving on his own what the elite pilots of the M7 fleet couldn't accomplish as a team.

Hahhaha nice reply! :p:lol: "waga waga waga" = PRICLESS! XD

*sniff* well atleast have "one" pilot that kicks capital ship hiney. I want carnage.

SICK of Gundam being the "stronger" mecha around. : /

(and i haven't watched M7 just yet, so now i'm looking forward to seeing Max go off) Yay!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

My worry is that Kawamori's designs will just get weirder and more ridiculous if he runs out of ideas. I want Macross to live forever!

He is just trying to keep it interesting for us and a new audience.

And I do hope Macross would love forever, but I don't everyone in the world agrees with that. :(

Edited by Ishimaru

I get the feeling we'll see the VF-1 revisited.

Kinda like the VF-0 and other derivative designs.

It's his most iconic design by far, and I assume he'll stay close to home, though with a twist to make it more contemporary.

Hahhaha nice reply! :p:lol: "waga waga waga" = PRICLESS! XD

*sniff* well atleast have "one" pilot that kicks capital ship hiney. I want carnage.

SICK of Gundam being the "stronger" mecha around. : /

(and i haven't watched M7 just yet, so now i'm looking forward to seeing Max go off) Yay!

Don't watch M7. Just be happy that somewhere in the midst of all those episodes something interesting happens, and then use your imagination to fill in the cracks. Actually seeing it and envisioning it are extremely polarized on the disappointment scale. I own the series, but I haven't watched up to the point where Max pilots because I'd rather just pretend in my head that it's a neat thing.

Oh, and if anything about the new Macross series is even remotely Dragon Ball Z-ish I'm gonna' start drinking again.

It's his most iconic design by far, and I assume he'll stay close to home, though with a twist to make it more contemporary.

We don't need another derivative design from the vf-1. It would be very unbelievable to have one more VF before the vf-1 in the storyline. :rolleyes:

And I think that the vf-1x modifications are enough to present the vf-1 like a more contemporary design.

Just my two cents.

I'm assuming this series will be an alternate universe reboot, like Gundam SEED, borrowing from what has come before, but not connected to it.

As such, I believe this project will draw on the timeless mainstays of the past, but present it with a twist in a comtemporary fashion and doesn't have to fit in with the relatively cluttered canon Macross amassed over the past 25 years.

Edited by T.V.

I think every macross series (except Zero...and Macross 2 doesn't count. :p) had the VF-1 in some part or other. So i wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe the SW-XA2 Scheegans? :) Or a VF-4/VF/14 deriviative...

Maybe a revisiting of some designs Kawamori has in the Macross Desing Works that he never used in the series.

I wonder if the new series is going to have any character ties to the original series or any of the other series.

Another idea could be like what gundam did with the 08th M.S. team. Where it stays in a pre-constructed story arc, but delves into other aspects of that timeline. Perhaps the Destroids of the first war, or an offshoot of that, portraying ground warfare. Then again, it would be strange to call it Macross.

On the discussion of what Kawamori may/maynot do, perhaps it's just going to be like Eureka Seven, and have Valkyries or Destroids with Air boards that they fly on. :unsure:

Whatever it is, I still miss the high quality old drawn on cell anime. I hope they can portray that in this series, or at least make the CG look like that.

Maybe the SW-XA2 Scheegans? :) Or a VF-4/VF/14 deriviative...

Maybe a revisiting of some designs Kawamori has in the Macross Desing Works that he never used in the series.

I wonder if the new series is going to have any character ties to the original series or any of the other series.

Well in my imagination the SW-XA1 Shneeblume is the "actual" Valkyrie and the SW-XA2 Scheegan is the "actual" VF-9 Crusader... :p

Not that I don't like the original designs, but they really seem out of place compared to the designs of M-Zero and anything after Mac Plus.

it be cool if Kawamori came up with a new design based on the current new gen fighters on the real world since a lot of his valkyrie designs are based on real life aircraft

EF2000 Typhoon is very sexy! I'd like to see it macrossnized!! HAHAHHAA!

I don't care much for real life looking Valks, and i DON'T want them to have pretty faces like Basara's pansy VF-19 :lol:

Transformers and Macross don't mix.

Man what are we up against??? Zentran again? Marduk sized bad guys?

I want the Valkyrie against Valkyrie element again in this one.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

hmm...lets see, we'd had

1. Valkyries vs Zentradi

2. Valkyries vs Giant spider like bugs (Macross VFX)

3. Valkyries vs valkyries

4. Valkyries vs elf looking devils and monster of the week

5. Valkyries vs giant flower opera-singing birdhuman stones

I know, I know, for the next macross is Valkyries vs DINOSAURS!!!

2. Valkyries vs Giant spider like bugs (Macross VFX)

I know, I know, for the next macross is Valkyries vs DINOSAURS!!!

VF-X had VFs vs. Zentraedi equippped with VFs and updated Zentraedi mecha

VF-X2 had VFs vs. VFs

M3 was the one with VFs vs. giant spider bugs

PS Macross 7 already had a VF vs. a dinosaur.

I don't care much for real life looking Valks, and i DON'T want them to have pretty faces like Basara's pansy VF-19 :lol:

Transformers and Macross don't mix.

Man what are we up against??? Zentran again? Marduk sized bad guys?

I want the Valkyrie against Valkyrie element again in this one.

That is the current trend, ever since Mac Plus.

Mac 7 most likely popularized it the most and Mac Zero took it into orbit, figuratively speaking.... ;)

PS Macross 7 already had a VF vs. a dinosaur.

Huh? :blink:

Edited by Zinjo