CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

HOLY CRAP!!! 6300Yen for those tiny ass things!!! CM loses my money on that one. It looks cool, but that size and the lack of other accessories (not included with MegaHouse's), etc. doesn't justify the price tag. Maybe though that's the price for a set or something. Makes me think that the Tread/Legioss is going to be WAY overpriced, like more overpriced than Toynami's Beta is going to be.

Edited by protostar8

CMs toys are always really expensive, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise that their Ride Armors are $60+. I'm guessing the Legioss & Beta combo will be around $250.

Then I won't be getting that either. What the hell happened to reasonably priced toys like Transformers in Japan to make the current toys so expensive?

I think the deal with CMs is that they are a considerably smaller company than the likes of Bandai, Takara, Medicom, and even Yamato, and also haven't been in the toy-making game for as long. As more of a 'specialty' company, they have a higher manufacturing cost and have more at stake financially than those larger companies do. And since CM's likes to make relatively high-quality toys, that raises the price a bit too.

That said, I typically can't afford CMs toys. I can understand why they cost what they do, but it is a bit of a bummer. If the legioss/Tread is over $200 I can't realistically see myself buying it. I wont even buy Yamato valks anymore because the cost has gone higher than I'm willing to pay.

The things that I don't like about the CM one are:

1.) The small cockpit area. It's just not proportional to the rest of the body.

2.) The exposed shoulder area that makes it look like a piece of the arm is missing in fighter mode.

3.) The way the missiles sit way above the fighter in fighter mode.

Those are precisely the problems I have with the Tread as well.

If it is as overpriced as those ride-armors though, they can count me out in all likelihood.

I love Mospeada mecha, but I don't pay that kind of money for toys.

Those are precisely the problems I have with the Tread as well.

If it is as overpriced as those ride-armors though, they can count me out in all likelihood.

I love Mospeada mecha, but I don't pay that kind of money for toys.

To be honest, it would be a stretch for me to pay $150 for the Tread/Legioss set. I just can't justify spending that kind of money on single toys anymore (especially with things like video games and local toys like Transformers Animated right around the corner, not to mention Classics 2.0 that will cost a small fraction of what a single japanese toy does).

I had heard this rumored sometime back, but this is the first I've seen a pre-order:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...mp;picture=aux2

It's the Aoshima Alpha, which is Toynami's Alpha but with some extra missiles and a missile battery accessory. What's Aoshima's reputation for QC? Or is Aoshima just another word for Toynami?

I had heard this rumored sometime back, but this is the first I've seen a pre-order:

It's the Aoshima Alpha, which is Toynami's Alpha but with some extra missiles and a missile battery accessory. What's Aoshima's reputation for QC? Or is Aoshima just another word for Toynami?

I'm not trying to be mean, but the thread to discuss those is on page 2 of this section of the forums. Here's a link to the thread.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=22156

Edited by protostar8

I'm not trying to be mean, but the thread to discuss those is on page 2 of this section of the forums. Here's a link to the thread.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=22156

The Toynami Alphas were also *actively* being discussed here. :p

Thank you for correcting me.

Avoid at all costs. The majority of reports that have been coming in for the Aoshima release have been that it's even worse than Toynami's release.

Somebody on Mixi posted these pics they are the same ones I saw the day before yesterday at the hobby event. Only difference was the Legioss had the sword accessory in its hand. I'm just itching to get one, after being burned by my aoshima purchase.

post-3328-1195696792_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1195696829_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaveRobotech

Well, I'm pretty much sold... those are great looking.

WoW the Legioss looks beautiful in solider mode! Nice and the Legioss connects to the Tread!!! WOOT. The chest area looks too be slightly larger and looks overall much better. In fighter mode the nose is MUCH shorter. Is that better or worse? Tread looks pretty good, but I'd like too see more of it in fighter mode. I think the Legioss' fighter mode still looks kinda funny, but solider mode looks great. Oh man this is going to cost at least $200-$250. Oh lord please be a reasonable price for these beauties. Please stop killing me with these prices for the toys of my dreams. In addition considering how CM likes too use a nice amount of die cast in their toys I wonder how much will be in these two bad boys. ;)

Until I see the Tread in Armo-Bomber mode I can't say for sure, but it looks alright.

And the Legioss looks, well...worse. Maybe the long nose it used to have (which I sorta liked) distracted from the "brick with stub wings" that the rest of the Armo-Fighter mode has going on, but it doesn't look so good. It could be the lighting, but now I think we can see why the nose used to be so long; to distract the eye from the armored ball made up of the legs and arms.

It's beautiful :rolleyes:

I'm sold on both the Legioss and Tread. Soldier mode is awesome.

I think this set could turn out to be my favorite toy!!!

It's a great time to be a mospeada fan :wub:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

i like thread's design and such. plus i think CM corp will make a better design perhaps for legioss and thread in terms of durability and quality.

Toynami's design is nice in static but i think not durable in playing..

Overall i will get CM corp's stuff.

Cyclone most prob.. i thinki i will get mega house as it's better design overall in looks not so plastic.. i dun like plastic look hahhaa..

Yeah, the Legioss looks cool but off. The combined fighter also looks off... like the legioss is sitting too far in front of the Tread instead of nestled into it. The missiles on the Tread look really impressive though Man, I better start unloading some Yamato stuff.

Call me crazy,but the more I look at it the fighter mode is looking better and better :huh: . Nice too see both of them get nicely detailed cockpits. Missiles and detail look top notch, miles better than Toynami's strap on missiles. Sure the whole think looks a little off. but heck with all the nice details and gimmicks and hopeful CM sturdiness all of these faults can be forgiven. Hmm now to fork out $200-$300. <_<

Guys, can we hush up about price for just a bit?! <_<:rolleyes:

There's still no definitive word on how solid and tight the Legioss' and Tread's joints will be. (Except for that beautiful pic near the bottom of VF5SS' post where the Tread is defiantly raising both arms parallel to the ground! :wub: )

We still don't know whether the Legioss' legs collapse in like the Toynami version or if they fold and flare out to the sides.

Nor have we seen the Tread in bomber mode without the landing gear and connection piece in place.

And most important of all, we still haven't seen the Legioss-Tread fighter combo from a side profile view.

No doubt, I love what I'm seeing now. But I still gotta see how flush and in-line that Legioss-Tread connection is before I crown CM's the all-out winner of this "Build a Tread/Beta" contest.

CM's picked some good camera angles to show off their products. But I still need to see a few more angles and views before I can pass judgement.

Edited by Mog

The Toynami Alphas were also *actively* being discussed here. :p

Thank you for correcting me.

I didn't mean any harshness towards you. Sorry.

I think the Tread/Legioss look okay. Definitely a unique take on the designs. I'd buy them if they were reasonably priced (I know I've said that a lot lately), but I just don't see it happening now that I see the final designs and gimmicks. I guess it's back to trying to make my own out of paper/paper to connect to my Crapnami Alpha.

Also, the last pic in the bottom right of the big advertisement makes the head of the cyclone rider look HUGE. Look how much more helmet there is after his face ends. The picture next to that one also makes the helmet look way out of proportion compared to the non-armored body. And those just really don't look worthy of the price tag w/ that "plastic" look. They just look like cheap toys you might get for $30-ish bucks, not double that.

Edited by protostar8

Wow, I just noticed, look how low the nosecone dangles in armo-soldier mode. I guess that's a compromise for a better fighter mode.

I don't see how such a big nose makes for a better Fighter mode. The Legioss has an average to short nosecone in the lineart and looks good. Heck, even the Gakken looks good and it has a really short nose.

One thing you gotta hand to CM's design is they made a working cockpit for the Tread that hides perfectly when the Tread is in soldier mode.

.......Now, just to get everyone comparing the two prototypes:

OLD PROTOTYPE (top half of picture):

NEW PROTOTYPE:

Major thanks to the folks (Lynx7725 and VF5SS) who originally posted these two pics earlier in this Tread thread!

Edited by Mog