CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

In previous pictures the back of the leg was hollow. So instead of telescoping like the MPC Alpha, this toy just folds up the legs when in fighter mode. That weirdly-shaped joint allows for such extreme folding.

Oh, I know why it is the way it is. This pic's just the first I've seen it so prominently displayed, and directly above a part others have been critical of....

But like I said, these are minor nitpicks. My major beefs are elsewhere.

I'm not sure why CM's put that single missile in the rear landing gear bay. As far as I can tell from my various Mospeada and Artmic art books, there shouldn't even be any missiles there.

If I'm right the lower legs have four bays as follows: -

• Outer lower leg, top bay = 4 missiles.
  • Outer lower leg, bottom bay = 4 missiles.
  • Inner lower leg, top bay = 4 missiles.
  • Inner lower leg, bottom bay = rear landing gear only (no missiles).

Even the animimation seems top back this up. See the pics below, which show no missiles being fired from the inner lower leg bottom bay, only from the other three leg bays.

Graham

post-11-1204984506_thumb.jpg

a person could always glue the SUPER DUPER AWESOME MISSILE's door shut, for the sake of accuracy hehe. Ive just got Clint Eastwoods voice echoing in my head of " so punk, did i fire a bazillion missiles, or a bazillion and one? Feeling Lucky?" :p

I honestly don't see the one missile bay door on each leg as a reason not to buy. You don't have to open it if you don't want to. :)

It's not just the one missile bay door.

It's one of many issues:

-Missile bay door

-Misproportioned fighter mode

-Tiny air intakes

-Legs stick out WAY too much in fighter mode

-Legs stick out WAY too much when linked to Tread

- Saggy inaccurate linked mode

- Tail fins don't tuck into forearms fully

.... and there are others I can't think of off the top of my head, all yours for the price of $200+.

If the thing only cost $100, we could say "Hey it only costs $100, so I can deal with all the inaccuracies and weird stuff."

But it doesn't. It costs $200+, which is a premium price for a toy with many questionable design issues.

Many of us want to like this toy, but for the price, we just can't. Personally, I could overlook the missile door and the fins not folding into the forearms if I knew that some of the issues were the fault of mistransformations. I hope I'm wrong and that the toy is much better than we're expecting. Unfortunately I don't think I'm wrong. :(

Edited by Grand Admiral

Even the animimation seems top back this up. See the pics below, which show no missiles being fired from the inner lower leg bottom bay, only from the other three leg bays.
You can come up with a "Marvel No-Prize" answer for that, like Stick was saving those missiles, or he already fired them.

We are now at the point where we are criticizing the inner ankles. Keep going, guys, I think a shot showing the underside of the wrists might show up soon.

Damn it Roger, none of this would have been a problem if you had just let the CMs guy see the lineart but noooooo.... apparently CMs just made them all design it from the childhood memories of watching Mospeada on TV instead.

jenius, I hope you're joking, bc/ that is damn funny... really tho, you guys have gone a little far off the deep-end for a toy that isn't out yet... especially for a design we know is going to require compromises somewhere no matter what.

Ok even though I agree that this set shouldn't be $250 I think you guys are being overly critical about the design of the set. Lets all just wait and see from the reviews. This thing should be coming out in a few weeks and I'm very excited to see that the final product will be like. Be nice its only a toy. B))

Edited by SuperHobo

Are there any reviewers out there who can ask to be sent a sample from CMs for review? No point waiting 3 years for a review from buyer just because nobody was brave enough to buy it. :D It's just too much money to take a risk on without first knowing what it is like.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ok even though I agree that this set shouldn't be $250 I think you guys are being overly critical about the design of the set. Lets all just wait and see from the reviews. This thing should be coming out in a few weeks and I'm very excited to see that the final product will be like. Be nice its only a toy. B))
Nah, you guys are just being overly apologetic. Instead of asking us to not criticize, you could explain how we are wrong. But that would sound something like "For all we know that missile in the landing gear bay is...uh...just a mistransformation." So instead you want us to give this ugly, inaccurate toy a free pass? Why? Why is it "overcritical" to point out glaring, obvious flaws?

Here's an idea. Instead of sticking up for CM, who want to gouge it's customers at the tune of $200+ for a toy it can't even be bothered to get right, why don't you sympathize with your fellow fans instead?

Nah, you guys are just being overly apologetic.
Not me. Reread my posts if you have any doubts.
...why don't you sympathize with your fellow fans instead?
Because I refuse to sympathize with people who repeatedly whine about a toy they haven't actually held in their hands.

Heh. Maybe CMs shouldn't make the legioss + tread at all and we could all go on living without one for the next 20 years and we can all just sit back and drool at our Yamato valks. Or maybe we can drool at our broken toynami alphas in light of anything better on the market. The Gakken 1/35 legioss is still king and looks it will remain king for quite some time to come.I'm not taking CMs side as I don't take anyone's side because no one deserves to be defended if they can't even stand on their own feet!

Groping an ugly chick won't make her pretty.

And everybody knows beauty is not a constant. Different people have different tastes on women and in everything else. Again, what is the point of all this bickering? Those of us who like it don't bear any responsibility to prove why they like it, nor do the people who don't like it, although they are constantly compelled to list their reasons even though they've been listed time and again. This thing is what it is, it's not going to change, so why can't we just play nice and wait for some hands-on reviews?

And everybody knows beauty is not a constant. Different people have different tastes on women and in everything else. Again, what is the point of all this bickering? Those of us who like it don't bear any responsibility to prove why they like it, nor do the people who don't like it, although they are constantly compelled to list their reasons even though they've been listed time and again. This thing is what it is, it's not going to change, so why can't we just play nice and wait for some hands-on reviews?

Because everyone is a critic. Plain and simple -sigh- :(

Groping an ugly chick won't make her pretty.

No but a 12 pack will. At least for the moment. :unsure:

I'm still getting one and can't wait.

Edited by robodragon

Hows about:

Those who are excited about the upcoming release can post about said anticipation and enjoy each other's comments.

Those who lament the result of CM's efforts can post about their disappointment and commisserate with each other.

And no one f'ing whines about how there seem to be "too many people who disagree with me posting in this thread."

Christ.

Hows about:

Those who are excited about the upcoming release can post about said anticipation and enjoy each other's comments.

Those who lament the result of CM's efforts can post about their disappointment and commisserate with each other.

Wait... you mean forums are for discussing things?! :o

Perhaps Mospeada discussions in general should be made taboo like any discussion of politics. It's obviously a highly incendiary topic.

:edit: Sorry, I forgot to put a smiley, so lest anyone take my comment seriously: :p :P :p :P

Edited by eriku

Hows about:

And no one f'ing whines about how there seem to be "too many people who disagree with me posting in this thread."

Christ.

Yes!

We're halfway there. Everybody lets the excited, happy fans talk in peace. But if you want to commisserate, people subtley mock you or ask you to shut up. It's just weird.

Yes!

We're halfway there. Everybody lets the excited, happy fans talk in peace. But if you want to commisserate, people subtley mock you or ask you to shut up. It's just weird.

Yeah....because the people who actually like the toy have never been subtly mocked or asked to shut up. <_<

There is no right or wrong side here, either you like the toy or you don't. I guess I'm not sure why some people who don't like it can't resist the urge to go on and on and on about why they don't like it, over and over again rather than just forget about it and move on. Maybe it's that natural urge some people have where they feel inclined to zero in on something they don't like and attack it until it's dead. Like the baby birds in the nest who peck at the runt until they kill it or push it out of the nest.

And no, I'm not telling anyone to 'shut up'. By all means, continue, it's very entertaining. :lol:

I think the issue is that people LIKE the vehicle(s) in the show and really WANT to like the CMs toy. So they feel a huge level of let-down when every time they see it there are all these flaws so prevalent. Then when one considers how easy most of the terrible design choices would have been to correct it becomes even more frustrating. I love Mospeada, I am very interested in this toy, I'm going to buy it, but I'm not going to turn a blind eye to all these laughably bad aspects of it. So I keep coming back, looking at it, hoping ot see something new or interesting, then laughing at it when it fails to impress yet again.

Edited by jenius

To me, the epitome of being a dysfunctional internet fanboy is to complain about minor things loudly and repeatedly, to the point where it becomes an affirmation that the negative comments actually mean something, or are somehow important in the grand scheme of things.

This attitude is completely and totally worth mocking. If anyone has an issue with it they need to look in the mirror and consider that they take themselves a little less seriously.

If you choose not to, no problem. The world will keep laughing at you.

I guess I'm not sure why some people who don't like it can't resist the urge to go on and on and on about why they don't like it, over and over again rather than just forget about it and move on.

It hasn't seemed meanspirited to me though. Critical, and sometimes funny, yes, but that's what threads like these are for, imo, discussion.

I've posted sparingly in this thread. I know my last "negative" contribution to this thread was based entirely on a new picture depicting something else new that irked me, as it was quite a few others in the ongoing conversation about the same pictures. If a new pic shows up showing the figure in yet another critical light, it's fair game to comment on it, and it's only natural that people will re-summarize what they like/dislike based on the new info (anonymous forum readers probably appreciate that).

It'll probably be like that until people have them in hand and we've seen some dynamic and group pics so that all positives and negatives are finally settled.

My .02. ^_^

Eriku is right. It's a sad time for us Legioss/TREAD fans.

LOL. You know what a sad time is for a Legioss/TREAD fan?...when there were no Legioss/TREAD toys being made. By anyone.

FWIW, I have a problem with the screws used on the CMs Legioss. I prefer flathead screws, but I think they're going to use the other kind. Damn! Why, god, why?!

Edited by gingaio

Seriously, the complaining about the complaining is the only laughably Internet fanboyism I see in this thread. A new pic was revealed, it showed yet another new crappy apsect of this toy. People began complaining about the new crappy aspect of the toy. More people checked the thread to see if some of the old crappy aspects were fixed. Those crappy aspects weren't fixed so they reiterated how lame it was CMs still hadn't addressed the obvious crappiness. Then the people willing to turn a blind eye to the obvious crappiness of these aspects (because they feel some positive aspects outweigh those crappy aspects undoubtedly) took offense and started complaining about the complaining. Okay, your vote's been counted. Instead of complaining about the complaining why don't you tout the aspects of the toy that make you so comfortable thinking it's worth $250? Many have laid out why it sucks, what makes it good? Are some of the reasons it suck invalid? Make a case for why something everyone else thinks sucks is a good thing. Nothing new to add to why it's good? Then let the complainers keep complaining about the new stuff that is revealed that sucks (like the awkward additional leg missiles with a gaping hole for a landing gear).

Edited by jenius