1/100 WF YF-21

EXO

hmm... dunno, looks wonky in battroid, torso and hips should be closer together i think. And I'm not digging the see through gaps in that side shot of fighter mode either. Has real potential though, i like some parts of it way more than the 1/72 yamato.

i'm still hoping that yamato will pull off a beautiful 1/60 yf-21

If the panel that makes up the side of the fuselage right behind the intakes (attached to the hip/belly plates) could be made thinner, and fold 180 to lay flush along the hip plates in battroid mode--that could work quite nicely.

Still like the D'stance version better though.

kinda glad I can't afford them. then I can stick to the bigger toys. I don't want to collect 1/100 scale... then I'd have to buy the Toynami... :D.

Actually if Toynami ever releases any enemy mechs like they said they would that would spell doom for me. Cuz then I'd have to hunt these down too. haha.

LOL... what if Toynami released a plastic version of these?? Oh man, can you imagine the nightmare if HG tried to assert a right to market M+ toys??

Dont go there :p

Yamato will now have to produce the goods.

Im currently looking for the Wave 1/72 version, that and the Firevalk with boosters is all I need to complete their 1/72 range.

Unfortunately, MWer SaveRobotech and myself had no chance to get one of these. The queue when we got to Tokyo Big Sight was about 2 miles long and by the time we got in to WonderFest, frozen to the bone as it's fuc#ing freezing in Tokyo at the moment, they had already all sold out. I did get lots of pics of the display samples though, which I'll post as soon as I'm back in HK. Not very impresed with the sculpt myself, especially the side on fighter view.

Graham

Unfortunately, MWer SaveRobotech and myself had no chance to get one of these. The queue when we got to Tokyo Big Sight was about 2 miles long and by the time we got in to WonderFest, frozen to the bone as it's fuc#ing freezing in Tokyo at the moment, they had already all sold out. I did get lots of pics of the display samples though, which I'll post as soon as I'm back in HK. Not very impresed with the sculpt myself, especially the side on fighter view.

Graham

Curious Graham, what time did you get there and started queueing and how long did it take from 10am for you to enter the exibition halls?

Ok... some questions of my own. Did I.H.P / Liquid Stone change there name again? If so why? The Liquid Stone website is still up:

http://www.liquidstone.jp/

For a few seconds there I was even questioning if this was I.H.P / Liquid Stone but its clear they have the Liquid Stone YF-19 on their web site:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/rs-labo/yf19f.html

And I also noticed they mention this web site in the paperwork that came with their YF-19.

IPB Image

Hmmm... so is it now I.H.P / Liquid Stone / Experten? If you are a fan of their work they sure seem to be going out of their way to make it hard for their fans to keep up with them.

If I recall correctly there were two guys behind I.H.P / Liquid Stone. Have they now gone their seperate ways or something? Just curious what's up with all the name changes.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Hmmm... so is it now I.H.P / Liquid Stone / Experten? If you are a fan of their work they sure seem to be going out of their way to make it hard for their fans to keep up with them.

If I recall correctly there were two guys behind I.H.P / Liquid Stone. Have they now gone their seperate ways or something? Just curious what's up with all the name changes.

Hello, That YF-19 looks awesome. Reminds me when I was drooling over SHE YF-19.

Small size makes me think that's probably cool when actually held in hand.

The site said only 10 of them were sold at WF2005?? Well, I wouldn't touch that thing then...

I wonder how many 21s are sold at WF2007...

Anyways, Experten seems to be the guy (Sakurakawa-san) who made the mold and Liquid Stone is the company who sold them. His client list has Liquid Stone YF-19, Yamato Konig Monster(!!) and Toilet seat thing(why???) for the netrunner magazine.... I.H.P seems to be what used to be the Mr. Sakurakawa's modeler group (Now it just links to Experten website).

Edit : spelling...

Edited by konimon

i don't know why people spend out the butt for these when none of the modes look all that great and its made of resin which will eventually warp. :unsure:

people got money to burn i guess but a 1/100 scale toy for $1000, maybe if i were retarded.

maybe they can't. maybe their license specifies they can only produce 'x' number of units

I think its also because they don't have the resources for mass production. All these were probably self moulded, painted and assembled by a small team of people, and there's only so much you could do with a putty mould?