1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

Guest sh002

I hope Yamato issues a 1/60 VF-19A from this and then if a 1/60 YF-21 is ever released that it would be already with fast packs.

nice pic Lone wolf. Man...I cant wait to get my hands on this by Monday...wait..Im only buying it on Monday...demn-it...still have to wait another week to arrive...

aaajin

and BTW, what the hell are these....?? Did anyone showed these pictures already on the board? :

100_2219.jpg

100_2218.jpg

100_2233.jpg

more pictures can be found at :

http://greattoysonline.proboards43.com/ind...read=1175358209

Edited by aaajin

aaajin, graham said that those were supposed to the 25th anniversary valks, but because they were universally reviled and despised, they became one-offs.

I added the reviled and despised bit. but they were unpopular.

Edited by eugimon

So, ja, ordered mine. First Macross toy I've ordered since the VF-0S first came out. My big question is, anyone making some nice quality stickers for these? I'd hate to have to finally resort to Yamato's stickers.

Wow, so that's what the foldildo looks like when lit up? Looks pretty cool. :D

... ... ... I will wait for a 19 with a different color scheme, but I have to admit that I'm tempted badly... Really badly...

Adding the Fold booster and FP's to my YF-19 has just proved again how wonderful the 1-48 VF-1's really are; I contemplated throwing the damn thing across the room several times before I got it to a point where I could live with it.

Luckily I had never needed to transform my 19 before since I liked the way it looked in fighter mode on its stand. Once this thing went floppy it just never came back. If I had to handle my yf-19 on a regular basis I would glue the damn thing in place and buy a second one.

Edited by rdenham

There is a trick to getting it stay in place, but patience is a virtue when connecting low powered magnets

and legs that don't have a way to connect fully with the arms in between. I feel your pain don't worry.

But overall it's not entirely futile to get stuck together.

Done... Credit goes to eugimon for the idea (in which I stole) :lol:

Mods will be posted in the respected thread: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...0&start=120

***EDIT***

I apologize for all the excess stuff that ended up in the shots. My space is quite limited and my room is completely cluttered.

Dude, psycho, NICE work... even though you stole Eug's idea! But man, that's really cool. Someday I may have to do that myself! *claps hands* Great job, great job!

aaajin, graham said that those were supposed to the 25th anniversary valks, but because they were universally reviled and despised, they became one-offs.

I added the reviled and despised bit. but they were unpopular.

I personally think they look rather cool, although I wouldn't buy one. I would if I had the extra dough though.

By the way, does anybody know how long the batteries will last once you turn on the foldbooster and leave it running?

And, as i've always wondered, is it best to take out the batteries isntead of leaving in the Fold?

(i use tweezersand not my fingers to grab them out, as i tough human sweat/acid does the battery no good?)

I always did that, with my old Donkey Kong jr flip gamer, took the batteries out instead of leaving them in there

as to prolong their life. :p I think it's an old wives/ruskiiVFaussie tale to be honest but you never know i might not be alone.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

He...he...thanks to Rob from Samurai Monkey, my YF-19 FP arrived this week and I finally had the guts to transform it after reading all the YF-19 threads.

Put aside what ever hidden problems there may be, my first impression of the YF-19 battroid mode is that the sculpt of this guy kicks ass. I was never quite happy with the Yammie 1/48 VF-1 and 1/60 VF-0 battroid mode, they just look a little too skinny and too angular to me.

The proportion of this YF-19 battroid is perfect. It has a pair of beefy legs with enough sexy curves to make it anime accurate. The body just looks right (I just realise the YF-19 has a very samurai feel). Considering it can do perfect transformation, I have to take my hat off to Yammato. In battroid mode, it is also much more robust than than the VF-0S.

My only complaints are:

1. the rather loose pin hinge with the bicep - [edit] no longer a problem, I just need to read the instruction :p

2. the cover plate under the nose in battroid mode is a little floppy (you can see it in my pic), a better locking mechanism would be nice.

3. a swapable chunky hands to replace the chicken would be nice.

As for the fold fast back, the green dildo is a wast of time, it does nothing to the fighter mode and it is ugly (blame SK for this one). I am keeping the FB on the battroid to make it look more aggressive. If they had a better colour scheme, I might get it to put on my fighter, otherwise, I am happy to leave my fighter naked.

Overall, I am very happy with this YF-19. Now let's hope I don't find out any exploding arms in the coming months....

PS..Yamato is such a cheap skate, where are my batteries????

post-3608-1185113608_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

1. the rather loose pin hinge with the bicep - it suffer the same problem as the VB-6 and it is not easy to modify because it is a pin joint - can Yammato stop using this pin joint, it just doesn't work.

Are you putting down the cover for the bicep though? Cause the pin doesn't really bother me, and strikes me as a very integral part of the design of the arm. In fighter it's held together properly anyway, there should be any looseness.

KENSEI, YOU ARE MY MAN!!!!!!!!!

It now looks even better with the bigger bicep!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!! :o:o:o

Are you putting down the cover for the bicep though? Cause the pin doesn't really bother me, and strikes me as a very integral part of the design of the arm. In fighter it's held together properly anyway, there should be any looseness.

He..he.. I guess I didn't read the instruction in sequence, was too excited. Actually, the transformation of the YF-19 is quite straight forward. I only had a couple of hairy moments when I kind of use a little force to snap the nose in half - that was scary. :ph34r:

Oh so you forgot something...:lol:

wait wait...I received my FP and foldildo about week ago but haven't had the time to open it, are you telling me that this things costs 60+ bucks and doesn't come with batteries!??? are you freaking kidding me?! I bought a freaking cow flashlight for 10 bucks that makes 'mooooo' whenever I turn it on and that sh!t came with 4 AA batteries

and a freaking 60+ addon for a 160+ toy can't come with 3 stupid batteries!?!?

damn!!!!!!!

Edited by Valkyrie addict